PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Forming a "Locks" thread

Fabbs
03-31-2019, 07:56 PM
Floating idea:

SpursT, Jokic and all,

Q. When we have a Lock, and by Lock we know there is no 100% lock but I mean you've done ALL the research and it looks very damn good.....can we come to gentleman's agreement and have a "Lock" pick category? I would say f up once and that is probation. Of course we can allow for freak occurances. Like Greek Freak twists his ankle in the 1st quarter.
But, let's be careful and only make the "Lock" pics real real likely. F up twice and you are out of the club.
Make sure there are no injuries, players out for personal reasons etc. If this player has never lost on a full moon in a Central Time Zone etc. You know the whole research banana.

For example, today in NHL I can tell you (pregame) that Columbus vs Buffalo was a lock. Well, it's only late 2nd period now but already up 4-0. Obviously other seeming locks are not locks. Example MLB has a 1st inning "no score or tied" Prop bet. When it was Strasburg vs Syndergaard on Sat it seemed good. Error by center fielder in top of 1st with two outs didn't help and even then in bottom of 1st Wash scored too.

So let's list our reasons for a Lock pick and see how it goes.
Well?

DMC
04-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Lock - Fabbs finds a donut sale and invites random strangers.

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Most the locks meeting that definition are gonna be such low payouts. Lock is more figurative language than a guarantee, tbh.

MultiTroll
04-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Most the locks meeting that definition are gonna be such low payouts.
Raise amount wagered.

phxspurfan
04-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Lock, OP is a _

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Raise amount wagered.

You want to bet $120 to make $10? That's where most your locks are.

MultiTroll
04-02-2019, 04:57 PM
You want to bet $120 to make $10? That's where most your locks are.
Yes. Combine two locks for usually about 30% gain.
And/or add them on to a parlay for extra.

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Yes. Combine two locks for usually about 30% gain.
And/or add them on to a parlay for extra.

Can be a good strategy with consistency; but even locks don't always come in. If they did Vegas would go bankrupt.

Bynumite
04-02-2019, 11:46 PM
Beat the spread on the other 3 games but got royally fucked by the spurs.

At home against an injured hawks team but how do you let Kent fucking Bazemore go for 26 on 60%? That scrub is averaging 11 on 40% for the season smh.

Fabbs
04-03-2019, 06:27 PM

At home against an injured hawks team but how do you let Kent fucking Bazemore go for 26 on 60%? That scrub is averaging 11 on 40% for the season smh.
Same exact thing to me the night before vs the Kings.
Betting on Craig Popple without at least one current and future MVP + two legit All Stars is on us I guess. :depressed
I just needed the Craters to win the money line.

MultiTroll
04-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Lock?
Yankees at home with 3-0 Domingo German starting. 1.50 ERA
Vs
Homer Bailey of KC

I know the Yanks have injured players out (Stanton Ellsbury etc) but FFS if they can't beat Homer at Home then I don't know what.

MultiTroll
04-17-2019, 10:06 PM

Craig Popple coming thru again vs Denver in Game 2.
19 point lead :lmao

I was pondering Spurs at home -3.5 tomorrow then reminded myself it's Pop.