PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAS MY TEAM BECOME TBH

Supreme_Being
04-03-2019, 10:52 AM
this team used to be great tbh. lamarsha sucks, ddr sucks.

playoff fodder tbh

Chucho
04-03-2019, 10:55 AM
PO fodder > tanking for a "keep our fingers crossed and hope this shit works" scenario that statistically fails more often than not.

TheGoatishere
04-03-2019, 11:03 AM
It’s called rebuilding and moving on to the next era ..

literally every team goes thru it

horseshue
04-03-2019, 11:10 AM
You could jump off the bridge, maybe that helps.

Arcadian
04-03-2019, 11:16 AM
You're just now realizing this on April 3, 2019? :lol Random.

gambit1990
04-03-2019, 11:26 AM
PO fodder > tanking for a "keep our fingers crossed and hope this shit works" scenario that statistically fails more often than not.
no.

TDomination
04-03-2019, 11:32 AM
We are who we are.

I'm praying for a big move in the offseason that can help us become contenders next year. Not sure how but we're not too far off. I think with Murray we get a top 4 seed this year.

So Im excited to see Murray back. And a little more of Walker but I feel like he won't be great until maybe year 3 but we'll see.

As far as right now goes, I'm very happy we made the playoffs. For me its a successful season, simply because a lot of people predicted no playoffs and that was before Murray and White injury. So all in all, i'm happy. A first round win would be gravy. But i just hope they don't get swept.

This team aint that great, it has moments but you have to expect their failures. They simply aren't good enough.

boutons_deux
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
this team used to be great tbh. lamarsha sucks, ddr sucks.

playoff fodder tbh

without the Big 3, Spurs are mediocre, barely-8th-seed

While "small market" SA, buried in "flyover" south central TX, didn't suffer from the smallness with TD21 etc, I figure wannabe-franchise-players LA and DD and geography will figure negatively in good to great players' calculations.

Rebuilding to get to Top4 seed gonna be long and not guaranteed.

"We'll Always Have Spurs on Youtube"

Mugen
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM

:lol This is so fucking stupid

NASpurs
04-03-2019, 11:46 AM
:lol This is so fucking stupid

The same people that finger PATFO’s collective assholes for having the ability to draft and then bring stupid examples like the Knicks and Suns being in tanking purgatory.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Let's talk about the last 8-9 years of number one picks. How has Phoenix, 76ers, tpups, Cavs, NO, and Washington made out? Cavs traded away all the picks.

Actually if you go back to 2000 not a single team won a championship with their number one except the Cavs but that was after LBJ returned.

The only true number one pick who last won with their squad...Timmy...

jjktkk
04-03-2019, 12:01 PM
PATFO has shown they can draft well, but they're just plain bad at bringing in or signing free agents. TBH though they never really had to be proficient at it when the big 3 were around. Now, with this current Spur's team, its a big problem

KDKSpurs24
04-03-2019, 12:34 PM
PATFO has shown they can draft well, but they're just plain bad at bringing in or signing free agents. TBH though they never really had to be proficient at it when the big 3 were around. Now, with this current Spur's team, its a big problem
You really think this is an attractive destination for top free agents...? You do know free agents have a choice of where they want to go right? And I’m sure it’s not SA

jjktkk
04-03-2019, 01:00 PM
You really think this is an attractive destination for top free agents...? You do know free agents have a choice of where they want to go right? And I’m sure it’s not SA

Huh? Where did I say S.A. was an attractive destination for top free agents? Luring "top free agents" to San Antonio is a problem. A big problem. PATFO needs to dramatically improve in this area.

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Huh? Where did I say S.A. was an attractive destination for top free agents? Luring "top free agents" to San Antonio is a problem. A big problem. PATFO needs to dramatically improve in this area.

They can't magically make San Antonio women skinny, tbh.

Then again, that never stopped sexual deviant TP from being a long time Spurs. The point is, it's not on PATFO to glamorize San Antonio more than what reality sees it as: not a destination place for young, rich, image-conscious millennials.

TDomination
04-03-2019, 03:05 PM

I think Pop leaving may actually help this cause. Most star players nowadays want to be able to be their own bosses and not worrying about being told to "get over themselves" and being limited on minutes.

Although most players say how much they respect Pop, i think only few would actually want to play for him. Pop is one of the few coaches you can't bully or get your way with.

BillMc
04-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Team has a winning record and clinched a playoff berth. The fact that so many are miserable here indicates how spoiled we SAS fans are. There will be years in the future when we'll wish for seasons as good as this.

Dancelot
04-03-2019, 03:09 PM
I believe LMA will be off the team next season. I think he requests a trade...again.

spurs10
04-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Team going to the playoffs for the 22nd season in a row? :violin

JPB
04-03-2019, 03:59 PM
The same people that finger PATFO’s collective assholes for having the ability to draft and then bring stupid examples like the Knicks and Suns being in tanking purgatory.

you're right... Knicks, Suns and.. LA, NJ, Sacramento, Minny, Dallas and pretty much all the tanking teams... but maybe in year 10 of the "process", Philly will sniff an ECF... who knows?

Do these teams have a better future than the Spurs, in a vaccum? No. Add an healthy Murray to these Spurs and where are they right now, in year one after the Kawhitter shit show? Do I change D-White for a lottery pick? Nope.

LA had not one, not two... 3 lottery picks and are missiing the PO with Leberon this year

NO is losing AD this summer with something like 5 Play offs wins in 6 years...and 1 secound round...

Minny with Wiggins and Towns and are just missing the PO and overall... just bad.

Doncic seems OK but and with Porzingins Dallas could also be but they might as well be just mediocre for the next 5 years...

NY is just a mess.

Phoenix is beyond messy

Sacto has been sucking for like forever and somehow had decent year but... missing the PO and there's no guarantee they'll be competitive in the next few years...

And so on...

But we can't wait for the tanktards to develop their ultimate arguments (meaning other than "you're stupid, I'm smarter than you, mwarf mwarf!... or 'My team isn't the best right now, so let's tank for that ONE savior that we 100% will get in the draft and will dominate the NBA, in an era where you need (at least) 3 experienced top players + a bench) demonstrate how tanking is the way to go...

Meanwhile...

Let's talk about the last 8-9 years of number one picks. How has Phoenix, 76ers, tpups, Cavs, NO, and Washington made out? Cavs traded away all the picks.

Actually if you go back to 2000 not a single team won a championship with their number one except the Cavs but that was after LBJ returned.

The only true number one pick who last won with their squad...Timmy...

sananspursfan21
04-03-2019, 04:01 PM
We are who we are.

I'm praying for a big move in the offseason that can help us become contenders next year. Not sure how but we're not too far off. I think with Murray we get a top 4 seed this year.

So Im excited to see Murray back. And a little more of Walker but I feel like he won't be great until maybe year 3 but we'll see.

As far as right now goes, I'm very happy we made the playoffs. For me its a successful season, simply because a lot of people predicted no playoffs and that was before Murray and White injury. So all in all, i'm happy. A first round win would be gravy. But i just hope they don't get swept.

This team aint that great, it has moments but you have to expect their failures. They simply aren't good enough.

This in a nutshell. Hey, at the end of the day, sports is entertainment and this has been a very entertaining team to watch. Yeah, losses to the Kings and squeezing one out against the Hawks is maddening. This team is better and more enjoyable to watch than last year’s crew. I’ll say this: I think their’s more playoff potential with these guys than last year. That’s not saying much and first round is probably as far as they go too but not having Nephew’s drama hanging over their heads has to feel good.

GreekSpursfan
04-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Eventually even if we don't want to tank, the circumstances will lead us there, it's inevitable. All that has to happen is a Pop retirement because Pop is so great imo that if you give him the shittiest roster ever he will find a way to get you to the playoffs and lets not kid ourselves, this roster is terrible.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-03-2019, 04:24 PM
There are so many whiny pussies on this site these days....that's what sucks. Spurs are making the playoffs for the 22nd straight year. Quit complaining.

spurraider21
04-03-2019, 04:36 PM
playoff team even with team leader dejounte murray out for the season

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Team has a winning record and clinched a playoff berth. The fact that so many are miserable here indicates how spoiled we SAS fans are. There will be years in the future when we'll wish for seasons as good as this.

For starters, I like being spoiled. I don't know anyone who doesn't. The Spurs don't have to win it all, that would be stupid. But it's nice to believe that they are at least contenders, if they play really good ball in the playoffs. It's also nice to see the team headed in the right direction.

We probably will go through years when we wish that the team was as good as they are right now. I, for one, don't think it had to be this way. They still had a base here that they could have built on, if they had done a one year tank, and let some contracts expire. Instead they handed out loyalty contracts and then Kawhitter kawhit. Maybe there's nothing they could have done about the last part, but if they had already made the moves they would have a much better chance at rising from the ashes. Now they have squandered a lot of the attraction for coming here.

spurs10
04-03-2019, 05:47 PM
There are so many whiny pussies on this site these days....that's what sucks. Spurs are making the playoffs for the 22nd straight year. Quit complaining. Hear, hear!

Rummpd
04-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Tonight is a good test - can a team that falls apart on the road at least make a game of it against a top tier team? I am happy so far Spurs year with all the issues overall - like to see them at least compete going into and in first round playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2019, 07:23 PM
without the Big 3, Spurs are mediocre, barely-8th-seed

While "small market" SA, buried in "flyover" south central TX, didn't suffer from the smallness with TD21 etc, I figure wannabe-franchise-players LA and DD and geography will figure negatively in good to great players' calculations.

Rebuilding to get to Top4 seed gonna be long and not guaranteed.

"We'll Always Have Spurs on Youtube"

lma+ddr cant even get top4 seed

look at the one man t eam of drob during the 90s, always top4 seed

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
We are who we are.

I agree with the post above. I thought this season would be a whole lot worse. I thought DeRozan and Jacob would be a whole lot worse also. The team has played okay and there is hope with the flashes White has shown and with Walker starting to earn a bit of Pop's trust. I don't think the team is going to do too much in the off season but hopefully the younger players can keep improving and the team might be a middle tier team next season

jjktkk
04-03-2019, 07:31 PM
There are so many whiny pussies on this site these days....that's what sucks. Spurs are making the playoffs for the 22nd straight year. Quit complaining.

:tu

daslicer
04-03-2019, 07:40 PM
I agree with the post above. I thought this season would be a whole lot worse. I thought DeRozan and Jacob would be a whole lot worse also. The team has played okay and there is hope with the flashes White has shown and with Walker starting to earn a bit of Pop's trust. I don't think the team is going to do too much in the off season but hopefully the younger players can keep improving and the team might be a middle tier team next season

Agreed. Hoping for Walker,White,Dejounte all to get more minutes next year along with them getting better. Hopefully the Spurs draft some solid young players and work them into the rotation.

gameFACE
04-03-2019, 11:31 PM
First round exit isn't bad for this team. Far worse was the 2014 reigning champ Spurs getting eliminated in the first round by the Clips.

WallyTiger
04-03-2019, 11:33 PM
nephew did it, he and his family ruined the spurs.

thispego
04-04-2019, 11:48 AM
supreme_being is a complete fag

UncleDennis
04-04-2019, 01:08 PM
nephew did it, he and his family ruined the spurs.

Nailed it.

If you're old like me, you remember back in the day, WCW, when Hulk Hogan was coming down to the ring to a monstrous ovation to save Randy Savage from Scott Hall and Kevin Nash?

But then Hogan dropped the big leg on Savage instead crushing the hearts of all the Hulkamaniacs and the nWo was born.

That's what Kawhi did to the Spurs, he dropped that big "load management" leg over Pop's old throat and crushed the franchise.

He might as well crushed the Atnt center and sent them back to play in the Alamodome. Watching Robinson waste time playing with Del negro and fuckin J.R Reid and whoever else I can't remember at the moment is just as pointless as watching this line up struggle for the 8th seed but at least Robinson was playing. Everyone clamoring for the tank will get their wish, Pop's too old to deal with that shit for now, but it's on the horizon and since I was in the "fuck it lets see how these misfits play together camp" I guess you could figure how big a crap shoot I think tanking generally is.

I'm just happy that between my kids and house projects etc that this season is probably one of my most least watched seasons in forever. Just gotta get reacquainted with mediocrity, the pre-TD fans remember it pretty well.

TDomination
04-04-2019, 02:50 PM
First round exit isn't bad for this team. Far worse was the 2014 reigning champ Spurs getting eliminated in the first round by the Clips.

why you gotta bring that up. that game 6 pissed me off.

we're up 8 like in 2nd quarter and Pop begins the hack a jordan strategy. WHY? We were up! completely killed our momentum and swung it back towards the clippers.

gameFACE
04-04-2019, 03:59 PM
why you gotta bring that up. that game 6 pissed me off.

we're up 8 like in 2nd quarter and Pop begins the hack a jordan strategy. WHY? We were up! completely killed our momentum and swung it back towards the clippers.

I know, right? I just looked at the box score to that game. When Belinelli is one of the few "+" players you know everyone sucked.

And I guess that's why I'm not bothered by this current team. I have very low expectations. We're witnessing system basketball with players that bring no intangibles.