PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Spurs @ Nuggets — Wed. (4/3) - 8:00/C (4:00am Riga Time)

Pages : 1 [2]

ThaBigFundamental21
04-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Gone are the days of the Pepsi Center being essentially a home game for the Spurs. Last night was rough. I didn't expect the Spurs to beat the Nuggets in Denver, but I expected a little effort.
I'm not sure what is going on with this team. But there is very little effort from Derozan. The player we see now, and the player from the start of the year is awol. Rudy Gay isn't doing much. Derrick White has been mediocre lately. Frankly it's surprisng to see a Pop coached team so lazy.
The one bright spot last night was Walker. I was really happy to see him play in person. He looked a step quicker than everyone, and very athletic.

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Gone are the days of the Pepsi Center being essentially a home game for the Spurs. Last night was rough. I didn't expect the Spurs to beat the Nuggets in Denver, but I expected a little effort.
I'm not sure what is going on with this team. But there is very little effort from Derozan. The player we see now, and the player from the start of the year is awol. Rudy Gay isn't doing much. Derrick White has been mediocre lately. Frankly it's surprisng to see a Pop coached team so lazy.
The one bright spot last night was Walker. I was really happy to see him play in person. He looked a step quicker than everyone, and very athletic.

:lol I was thinking the same. During the dynasty, we would often draw the Carmelo Nuggets in round 1 and destroy them. Now the roles are reversed.

TDomination
04-04-2019, 02:44 PM
:lol I was thinking the same. During the dynasty, we would often draw the Carmelo Nuggets in round 1 and destroy them. Now the roles are reversed.
yup. we saw them in 05 and 07 in first round. We won in 5 both times i believe.

cd021
04-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Back to 8th. Can't see us moving back up to 7th at this point. OKC isn't going to keep losing. They already had their cold streak. We missed our chance.

OKC has been a below average defense since January 1st and is a rather poor shooting team, their is a decent chance that they lose 1 more game.

cd021
04-04-2019, 03:26 PM
You guys thinking that Walker is going to get some major minutes next season are in for some bad times.

White wasn't going to get more than 15 minutes a game this year without the Murray injury despite deserving twice that.

Forbes and Mills are made men.

Pop would rather campaign for Trump than bench Mills. And Forbes isn't far behind. Add in DeRozan and trash defense Marco and of course a healthy Murray ... And Walker will be back to getting over himself in the g-league. He'll still be 21 in 20/21 after Forbes and Marco's deals are up, and if he's lucky, they won't be getting new 4/50 culture deals like Mills.

The only hopes are some dumb team making a dumb offer for an expiring Forbes ... Or just hoping for injuries up and down the guards like Mills, Forbes and Marco. But those guys are basically iron men.

-Didn't PATFO let Parker walk after telling him that they were going to play White over him?

-Walker isn't likely to play much because Murray, White and DeRozan are all likely to play at least 28 mpg next season, there is only but so many guard/wing minutes to go around.

-Forbes isn't likely to play much for the same reason next season and may end up being traded before then during the draft.

-You mean campaign against Trump.

-If Walker can show that he can be an average defender next year than he can push Beli for his minutes, but that is mostly on him.

Genovaswitness
04-04-2019, 04:08 PM
garbage time lunnie walker highlights. the absolute state of spurs fandom :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TDomination
04-04-2019, 04:10 PM
-Didn't PATFO let Parker walk after telling him that they were going to play White over him?

-Walker isn't likely to play much because Murray, White and DeRozan are all likely to play at least 28 mpg next season, there is only but so many guard/wing minutes to go around.

-Forbes isn't likely to play much for the same reason next season and may end up being traded before then during the draft.

-You mean campaign against Trump.

-If Walker can show that he can be an average defender next year than he can push Beli for his minutes, but that is mostly on him.

I think he was trying to say that its so unlikely for Pop to bench Mills that he would rather campaign for Trump (Who he loathes) then not play mills. Which is pretty accurate.

cd021
04-04-2019, 04:48 PM
I think he was trying to say that its so unlikely for Pop to bench Mills that he would rather campaign for Trump (Who he loathes) then not play mills. Which is pretty accurate.
Misunderstood then.

Still, if not Mills then who plays ahead of him? White is likely to be playing in the 32-36 minute range in the playoffs, Mills won't likely be on the floor for even 1/3 of them game.

ducks
04-04-2019, 05:13 PM
I sure as hell want mills traded this offeason
murray and white NOT mills
mills is to fucking short

spurraider21
04-04-2019, 05:31 PM
lonnie was looking down into the rim on that dunk attempt. insane

blah28
04-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Lonnie has some Zach Lavine athletic ability. He just has to continue to work on his game which he will. Plus it is good to have competition he will either get better or not. Since he is working on his 3 point shot, he will will eventually get playing time, cause he is athletic, can attack the basket and spread the floor. It is nice to have 3 big guards now and two of them that are both very athletic. Hopefully Murray's 3 point shooting improves.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-04-2019, 07:21 PM
yup. we saw them in 05 and 07 in first round. We won in 5 both times i believe.

YEP! So did we. Good times. We went to game 4 in 07! I think it was 2-1 Spurs at that point, and game 4 was super tight with the Nuggets holding a lead most of the game. Horry hit a huge 3, and you know the story!

Really though, the last 5-6 years were amazing at the Pepsi Center, almost a 50-50 split in terms of Spurs Nuggets fans, with the Spurs winning the majority and winning big! It was always a celebration/party with happy Spurs fans chanting GSG! Those were some great times! Last night was all Nuggets on the court and all Nuggets in the stands, really as it should be. We were spoiled for so long.

FkLA
04-04-2019, 07:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKSWL2SNyc

The Nuggets bench was loving Lonnie. :lol

Joseph Kony
04-04-2019, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKSWL2SNyc

considering we're going to get shit on in the playoffs anyway, this game was actually good to give Lonnie some time. Kid definitely has a lot of potential, and rofl at the tards on this site judging him from the sparse playing time pops been giving him this year. his head was a good bit above the rim on that dunk attempt :wow he's gonna be an all-star if he stays healthy imo

Slippy
04-05-2019, 12:10 AM
The Nuggets bench was loving Lonnie. :lol

Only pop for whatever his reasons holds back talent this good because he's a rook . It's gonna be like Derrick white all over again with Lonny . We all going to be pleased but then wonder what could of been. Then have spursPadre come in to inform us it's Bryns spot to lose. Cant wait.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Rookies rarely get playing time under Pop. It's frustrating sometimes.

spurraider21
04-05-2019, 02:09 PM
it would be huge if he's able to get himself into a 20-25 mpg role next season