PDA

View Full Version : Salute to Pop for making history..

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Adding to his legendary career:toast

MultiTroll
04-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Those who saw it / good replay.
Was Aldridge actually fouled?
BSPN with the non angle.

YGWHI
04-03-2019, 10:09 PM
Good job, Pop :clap :D

YGWHI
04-03-2019, 10:13 PM
After this game...call me crazy but I still think the Spurs are favorite by large margin to win a playoffs series vs Nuggets.

Spurs in 6 :flag:

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Pop needs to do this every game here on out. Beat his own record

phxspurfan
04-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Crooked ass league tbh

MultiTroll
04-03-2019, 10:24 PM
After this game...call me crazy but I still think the Spurs are favorite by large margin to win a playoffs series vs Nuggets.

Crazy

Russ
04-03-2019, 10:26 PM

But are the Spurs a favorite to be in a playoff series vs the Nuggets?

Floyd Pacquiao
04-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Too bad his shit rotations didn't leave with him, tbh

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Pop needs to do this every game here on out. Beat his own record

Like the time he called the Hack-A-Shaq six seconds into the season?

I wonder how quickly you could piss off an NBA ref enough to toss you? He would almost have to walk out onto the court right after the opening tip and get in somebody's face to beat this record. Maybe call a timeout on their first possession and go spit on a zebra? This is not going to be an easy record to break.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-03-2019, 10:38 PM
They asked Pop why he was ejected. He said they have to ask the officials that lol

Kobe'sAchilles
04-03-2019, 10:51 PM
CIA Pop doing the lords work

paperboy77
04-03-2019, 11:00 PM

CIA Pop on red alert. :pop: “Never let them see you coming.” Playoff mode engaged!

Arcadian
04-03-2019, 11:05 PM
I don't want to hear this motherfucker EVER talk about players "getting over themselves" when he can't even keep his composure one minute into a game.

Play Boban
04-03-2019, 11:19 PM
With the playoffs clinched, Poop doesn’t give a feck and just wanted to get home before the traffic so he could beat out some shots tbh.

emanueldavidginobili
04-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Pop just crashed Mike Malone’s press conference acting like a complete jack ass lol

Proxy
04-03-2019, 11:30 PM
I don't want to hear this motherfucker EVER talk about players "getting over themselves" when he can't even keep his composure one minute into a game.

assuming he deserved to be ejected?

tmtcsc
04-03-2019, 11:48 PM

You're crazy. It will take effort and well....they don't give a shit.

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 11:50 PM

You assuming he couldn't possibly have avoided getting ejected?

tmtcsc
04-03-2019, 11:51 PM
But are the Spurs a favorite to be in a playoff series vs the Nuggets?

:lol, we aren't playing the Nuggets. This fucking team? I wouldn't be shocked if they lost the rest of their games.

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Pop just crashed Mike Malone’s press conference acting like a complete jack ass lol

Seriously? He crashed Malone's presser? The guy who has such contempt for his own interviews, decides to crash someone else's? I hope they post a YouTube video.

tmtcsc
04-04-2019, 12:25 AM
Seriously? He crashed Malone's presser? The guy who has such contempt for his own interviews, decides to crash someone else's? I hope they post a YouTube video.

It's available out there. Another yuk-yuk laugher for Pop like the loss to the Knicks. Ho hum, the losses will come.

DJR210
04-04-2019, 12:30 AM

:lol he didn't even do anything to warrant the ejection.. it was a big joke

slick'81
04-04-2019, 12:30 AM
It's available out there. Another yuk-yuk laugher for Pop like the loss to the Knicks. Ho hum, the losses will come.

https://youtu.be/D5FNGSLrXHo

Proxy
04-04-2019, 12:37 AM
You assuming he couldn't possibly have avoided getting ejected?

do you know what the word 'assuming' means?

spurs10
04-04-2019, 12:46 AM

Spurs in 6 :flag: 8th seed won't play Nuggets. We need to win out and hope OKC loses a game to get back to 7th.

ZeusWillJudge
04-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Presser video

Thanks for posting, Slick.

So the guy who is always nasty and rude in interviews is suddenly all smiles and laughs after this train wreck? If I was him, I'd fire myself.

More of the tired old bullshit about how they made shots and we didn't. Denver didn't just make shots. They made uncontested shots, and layups, and dunks. Denver had 41 AST on 47 fucking FGM. And the Spurs didn't just miss shots. They were inept too much of the time, and had to struggle to get even mediocre looks. The fact that Malone actually bothers to talk to the reporters like human beings is just a little bonus disgrace on Pop. I've never heard him conduct an interview with as much class as Malone was before Pop showed up.

spurs1990
04-04-2019, 01:13 AM
I can't stand listening to Popovich interviews. And it's not just his Bill Murray Chicago accent but the way every reporter sounds like an incompetent dunce stuttering over their questions to him.

That one guy should've also provided the second "fact" of him being tossed twice in three games. I'm sure also a record anyone will be hard pressed to match

UnWantedTheory
04-04-2019, 01:20 AM
I can't stand listening to Popovich interviews. And it's not just his Bill Murray Chicago accent but the way every reporter sounds like an incompetent dunce stuttering over their questions to him.

That one guy should've also provided the second "fact" of him being tossed twice in three games. I'm sure also a record anyone will be hard pressed to match
I enjoy Pop interviews nearly as much as the game tbh.

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 03:00 AM

:lol he didn't even do anything to warrant the ejection.. it was a big joke

Any time you chase down a ref and continue ranting at him for 10 seconds after receiving a first tech, you're asking to be tossed. He knows that damn well.

It was a loss regardless, but I'm sick of this asshole gifting 2 points to the opponent from his little tantrums. You're supposed to be helping your team, Gregg, not hurting them. Do your fucking job.

UZER
04-04-2019, 03:45 AM
Any time you chase down a ref and continue ranting at him for 10 seconds after receiving a first tech, you're asking to be tossed. He knows that damn well.

It was a loss regardless, but I'm sick of this asshole gifting 2 points to the opponent from his little tantrums. You're supposed to helping your team, Gregg, not hurting them. Do your fucking job.

Not Draymond. He does it all the time.

r0drig0lac
04-04-2019, 05:10 AM
goat gonna goat
Pop in full westbrook / Harden mode

Dennis the Menace
04-04-2019, 08:01 AM

It was a loss regardless, but I'm sick of this asshole gifting 2 points to the opponent from his little tantrums. You're supposed to helping your team, Gregg, not hurting them. Do your fucking job.

Popovich stopped doing his job after the 2014 Championship. He’s the epitome of a Mack Brown without his Vince Young (Tim Duncan). The organization is just filling his retirement accounts at this point while being in pergatory of 1st round exits and no lottery picks.

DJR210
04-04-2019, 08:45 AM

It's a heated job, some refs can take it, some can't. These two weren't having it last night. It appears that Pop didn't do anything too crazy, just showing aggressive emotion by yelling at them. Who knows maybe Pop called them both faggots, it just didn't seem too bad judging from the incident and the comments he made crashing Malone's presser

Spurch
04-04-2019, 09:08 AM

Totally agree

TheGreatYacht
04-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Popovich stopped doing his job after the 2014 Championship. He’s the epitome of a Mack Brown without his Vince Young (Tim Duncan). The organization is just filling his retirement accounts at this point while being in pergatory of 1st round exits and no lottery picks.
You need to start posting more tbh

tenbeersbold
04-04-2019, 09:46 AM
Pop just letting em know...
C'mon Malloy and crew tried to gift the Hawks the last game,it was more obvious a fix than usual tbh.

NBA has let it be known they want Spurs in 8th to be swept by GS..

NBA doesn't want OKC getting swept by GS
OKC has way more marketable stars/BSPN drama queens in Westbrook and PG...
Gotta keep them in the mix as long as possible
Refs have been choking on the whistle for the Spurs big time since the ASB

Pop just venting and rightly so
Jokic was allowed to manhandle LA last time

Proxy
04-04-2019, 10:36 AM

yeah greg to your job, everything you did this year is now overshadowed by these 2 ejections you clown, fire this guy he just drinks wine and shows up at games and then gets ejected

Proxy
04-04-2019, 10:37 AM

are you one of those people that drives around with a UT, Spurs, Cowboys, and Astros emblem on your car? Probably a batman symbol too

TDomination
04-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Now this is something i'm proud of!

Go Pop! i dare another coach to try and beat that record!

TimDunkem
04-04-2019, 10:51 AM
are you one of those people that drives around with a UT, Spurs, Cowboys, and Astros emblem on your car? Probably a batman symbol too

Sick burn, tbh

ECOV
04-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Good shit pop
5 chips for a reason

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-04-2019, 11:55 AM

Pop doing an acting job, acting like he's such a cool and fun guy bc he just embarrassed himself with his tantrums and shitty coaching. Hoping that joking around stops the bleeding. Insecure asshole he is

ThaBigFundamental21
04-04-2019, 12:47 PM

I don't know why this board disrespects the Nuggets so much. There is little chance the Spurs will beat the Nuggets in a series. The Spurs don't win on the road. The Nuggets don't lose at home.
Derozan has been MIA for months. Gay has really been mediocre. Even White doesn't look interested right now.
This team barely beat the Cavs and the Hawks. Got thumped by Denver and embarrassed by Sacramento again. All with seeding on the line. Not a good look headed to the playoffs.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Pop doing an acting job, acting like he's such a cool and fun guy bc he just embarrassed himself with his tantrums and shitty coaching. Hoping that joking around stops the bleeding. Insecure asshole he is

You gotta be kidding.

ZeusWillJudge
04-04-2019, 01:09 PM

Please, please tell me that we haven't devolved to the point of comparing everything Spurs to Steve Kerr and Draymond Green.

I've joked around about this subject, but Pop getting ejected wouldn't have changed a damn thing about the outcome of that game. Maybe a 23 point beatdown would have felt better than a 28 point beatdown?

Pop is a Class A dick in interviews. It's an entertainment business, and they all know that interviews are part of the package. The reporters shouldn't know as much as him, otherwise they'd be getting paid millions to be coaches. So he's not proving shit with his nasty responses except that he's not nearly the social giant he pretends to be.

Crashing another coaches interview to make "funny" comments to show that he didn't really deserve to be kicked is just low class. "Somebody must have gotten hit. Did somebody get hit tonight?" No, Pop, somebody was a dick to a guy with a whistle. Own it.

FkLA
04-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Yep. That was my exact thought when PopaGOAT got tossed.

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Well, Gaymond can go fuck himself for eternity. Just because he gets away with shit doesn't mean that should be the new standard. He should be ejected every time he does that shit, just like Pop does.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Pop didn't deserve to get ejected, but holding him to the same standards as Draymond Green is laughable:lol

Mikeanaro
04-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Refs are going too far with the shitty calls.
They are acting like they own the show, main reason why NBA is a joke, fuck them.

Drom John
04-04-2019, 03:22 PM
My take is that Pop wasn't available to congratulate Malone after the game, so Pop crashed the interview for the "good job" hug.

RC_Drunkford
04-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Pop will never get over himself

GreekSpursfan
04-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Curry was taunting the ref and nothing and Pop gets ejected for that, this league is quickly becoming a fucking joke.

TDomination
04-04-2019, 03:59 PM
But no one will ever top Duncans ejection for laughing. FOR LAUGHING! haha

What a joke that was.

ducks
04-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Damm pop wanted to really help the illegals early and did not care if he got thrown out and fined

DMC
04-04-2019, 04:54 PM

Denver fans were fawning all over Pop for standing up for his star player, criticizing Malone for choosing money over his.

The rest of the league calls Pop the GOAT. Lakers would sacrifice Walton at midcourt during a full moon to get Pop.

It's interesting how fans call their A list player the best in the league and their GOAT coach the worst in the league.

ducks
04-04-2019, 05:09 PM
what does pop think he is steve kerr or Durant or curry? and laugh at refs?

Spurs da champs
04-04-2019, 06:35 PM
It honestly seems like he loves losing/throwing games now.

RC_Drunkford
04-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Pop just letting em know...
C'mon Malloy and crew tried to gift the Hawks the last game,it was more obvious a fix than usual tbh.

NBA has let it be known they want Spurs in 8th to be swept by GS..

NBA doesn't want OKC getting swept by GS
OKC has way more marketable stars/BSPN drama queens in Westbrook and PG...
Gotta keep them in the mix as long as possible
Refs have been choking on the whistle for the Spurs big time since the ASB

Pop just venting and rightly so
Jokic was allowed to manhandle LA last time

That's a fact. Whistles have been horrendous ever since the Kings game. That's not an excuse to come out lackadaisical though, this team can play way better than it does recently. Past Spurs teams would've won even with the bad whistles

Rummpd
04-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Ref conspiracy theories other than that one crooked ref years ago belong with Bigfoot and little green men..

tenbeersbold
04-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Ref conspiracy theories other than that one crooked ref years ago belong with Bigfoot and little green men..Y
Yeah because the NBA isn't in the entertainment business and hasn't thrown games/series before LMFAO

Were you even around for 2012 Spurs/OKC playoffs...
That series really opened my eyes to the con job of NBA officiating

Seventyniner
04-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Y
Yeah because the NBA isn't in the entertainment business and hasn't thrown games/series before LMFAO

Were you even around for 2012 Spurs/OKC playoffs...
That series really opened my eyes to the con job of NBA officiating

If Lakers/Kings 2002 didn't convince somebody, nothing ever will.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2019, 08:39 PM
That's a pretty weak conspiracy, tbh..the NBA would LOVE an OKC-GS 1st round matchup..

SouthTexasRancher
04-05-2019, 05:38 AM
Pop's time has come and gone. Kind of sad watching good coaches and/or players not know when it is time to quit the game. Pop is an angry old man these days. He is not a happy camper. and he'll never win another NBA Championship because the game has passed him by. And he is not aware of that. We got swept this season by teams the other playoff teams were beating by 20, 30 and even 40 points. This Spurs team as presently put together is simply a bad mix of players with no heart, no passion, no athleticism and can't play a lick of defense. All the young coaches are kicking Pop's ass and he doesn't know what to do about it. He is now regulated to taking his anger out on the refs and they are not putting up with his childish temper tantrums. He should have retired with Timmy.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-05-2019, 07:39 AM
Refs gave the Kings TWICE AS MANY free throws as the Spurs. The fucking Kings man.
They then tried to gift the Hawks a win by not calling obvious fouls in crunch time against the Hawks and then calling ticky tack fouls against the Spurs in the same timeframe.

Shit on Pop all you want but he wasn't having it this game and put the league on notice. We can't go into Denver with the refs in their pocket. He's not gonna get rooked by Malone in the playoffs. Better to make the stand now in a meaningless regular season game (that we were gonna lose anyway) rather than the playoffs where a game like that could cost us the series

ElNono
04-05-2019, 07:42 AM
There’s valid criticism of Pop, but nobody would criticize his credentials or knowledge, tbh. He’s just onto more important things than the game, like social justice, racial discrimination, etc... which align with the overall direction Adam Silver has instituted in the league.

For fans that only care about the entertainment factor, it sucks. Pop would say they need to get over themselves.

YGWHI
04-05-2019, 10:02 PM
I don't know why this board disrespects the Nuggets so much. There is little chance the Spurs will beat the Nuggets in a series. The Spurs don't win on the road. The Nuggets don't lose at home.
Derozan has been MIA for months. Gay has really been mediocre. Even White doesn't look interested right now.
This team barely beat the Cavs and the Hawks. Got thumped by Denver and embarrassed by Sacramento again. All with seeding on the line. Not a good look headed to the playoffs.

Nuggets have issues. Jokic is a great player but I guess he can't deal well with frustration...In playoffs there are ton of frustrating situations. Also, I'm not sure how the rest of Nuggets' young guys will handle pressure

bklynspursfan
04-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Pop's time has come and gone. Kind of sad watching good coaches and/or players not know when it is time to quit the game. Pop is an angry old man these days. He is not a happy camper. and he'll never win another NBA Championship because the game has passed him by. And he is not aware of that. We got swept this season by teams the other playoff teams were beating by 20, 30 and even 40 points. This Spurs team as presently put together is simply a bad mix of players with no heart, no passion, no athleticism and can't play a lick of defense. All the young coaches are kicking Pop's ass and he doesn't know what to do about it. He is now regulated to taking his anger out on the refs and they are not putting up with his childish temper tantrums. He should have retired with Timmy.

You a Trump fan?

ZeusWillJudge
04-05-2019, 11:28 PM
There’s valid criticism of Pop, but nobody would criticize his credentials or knowledge, tbh. He’s just onto more important things than the game, like social justice, racial discrimination, etc... which align with the overall direction Adam Silver has instituted in the league.

For fans that only care about the entertainment factor, it sucks. Pop would say they need to get over themselves.

Pretty much on target. I wouldn't question his credentials or knowledge - on the court. But he's still largely responsible for this roster, and he blew it. Maybe he got sentimental over the skeletons of the Big 3. Maybe he started believing his own press, and really thought he could keep rebuilding in place forever, without the Big 3. Whatever the reason, I most definitely would question his personnel/salary decisions the last few years. Does that count?

Now if you're saying that's the result of him being less engaged in basketball, and more in other things? That could be.

ElNono
04-06-2019, 02:32 AM
Pretty much on target. I wouldn't question his credentials or knowledge - on the court. But he's still largely responsible for this roster, and he blew it. Maybe he got sentimental over the skeletons of the Big 3. Maybe he started believing his own press, and really thought he could keep rebuilding in place forever, without the Big 3. Whatever the reason, I most definitely would question his personnel/salary decisions the last few years. Does that count?

Now if you're saying that's the result of him being less engaged in basketball, and more in other things? That could be.

He promised LMA he would stick around and this is probably a nice gig until he takes over Team USA, tbh, but he knew what was up once Tim and Manu walked out of that door.

SouthTexasRancher
04-06-2019, 05:27 AM
You a Trump fan?

Are you a dipshit, dickhead that is in love with that crazy nutjob, AOC...? Yes, I think you are, Bozo. Now :flipoff off.

Gagnrath
04-06-2019, 08:17 AM

He is largely responsible for the roster but you also have to look at the uncle betrayal.....a legit mvp contender downgraded tosecond tier all-star changes roster values alot.

bklynspursfan
04-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Are you a dipshit, dickhead that is in love with that crazy nutjob, AOC...? Yes, I think you are, Bozo. Now :flipoff off.

Man y'all are so easy to spot. Your post seemed like Pop said/did something that triggered you.

wildbill2u
04-06-2019, 10:35 AM

Adding to his legendary career:toast

At least once a season Pop gets a quick ejection to let an assistant take the reins for a full game. I really think Pop goes to the refs before the game and sets it up. Surprised he did it in this important game, but perhaps it was to psyche Denver out.

bklynspursfan
04-06-2019, 12:41 PM
At least once a season Pop gets a quick ejection to let an assistant take the reins for a full game. I really think Pop goes to the refs before the game and sets it up. Surprised he did it in this important game, but perhaps it was to psyche Denver out.

I don't think that was the case here. He seemed shocked it happened, normally he gets his money worth and walks away. Seemed he wanted an explanation.

Refs have been in their feelings like crazy this year.

Seventyniner
04-06-2019, 03:01 PM

I give Pop about half a pass for the roster. He's the Don Corleone here, but he doesn't make every decision. You also have to remember that Number Two wasn't traded until after free agency and the draft, so RC and Pop weren't able to build the team with a large-scale plan in mind. Undo the trade and this team looks pretty darn balanced, it was too defense-heavy last year. The signings and the trade pushed it way too far the other direction.

Ellsworth
04-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Jackson had an even quicker ejection than Popovich (https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Jackson-had-an-even-quicker-ejection-than-Popovich-13745142.php)

https://oi227.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/meltcoffee/0o.jpg (https://s227.photobucket.com/user/meltcoffee/media/0o.jpg.html)

SouthTexasRancher
04-07-2019, 05:08 AM
Man y'all are so easy to spot. Your post seemed like Pop said/did something that triggered you.

ShitCitySpursImbecile, you are a very low IQ idiot. Why don't you take your silly political crap to the politics board. I suspect that your mom was standing when she popped you out and you landed with your head hitting the hard concrete floor in the hospital. It is painfully obvious that things didn't turn out very well for you. Life in your lousy world must be hard. Now go find a dick to suck, ass-lick.

bklynspursfan
04-08-2019, 11:56 AM
ShitCitySpursImbecile, you are a very low IQ idiot. Why don't you take your silly political crap to the politics board. I suspect that your mom was standing when she popped you out and you landed with your head hitting the hard concrete floor in the hospital. It is painfully obvious that things didn't turn out very well for you. Life in your lousy world must be hard. Now go find a dick to suck, ass-lick.

:wakeup

Play Boban
04-08-2019, 06:37 PM
:lmao Triggered much? :lmao

SouthTexasRancher
04-09-2019, 05:07 AM
:wakeup

:sleep:flipoff

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Jackson had an even quicker ejection than Popovich (https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Jackson-had-an-even-quicker-ejection-than-Popovich-13745142.php)

https://oi227.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/meltcoffee/0o.jpg (https://s227.photobucket.com/user/meltcoffee/media/0o.jpg.html)

Fvck! :pctoss