PDA

View Full Version : Spurs '18 vs. Spurs '19 revisited

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 09:59 PM
For shits and giggles again, in a 7 game series do you guys still think this Spurs team beats last year's team without Load Management? I just don't see it. Murray, Manu, TP and LDN would fuck this team in the ass. Spurs '18 in 5.

slick'81
04-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Both are first rnd fodder

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2019, 10:02 PM
kawhi + green
white + murry

defense
kawhi
green
white
murry

offense
kawhi
white
green
murry

overrall?
kawhi
white
green
murry .... if murry improves his jumpshot, he should be above green, but he hasnt shown shit and unlikely to show anything

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Who's coaching? Pop or Messina?

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 10:07 PM
Who's coaching? Pop or Messina?

Pop, who has Murray above White in the depth chart barring injury.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-03-2019, 10:13 PM
This team in 6.

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 10:14 PM
This team in 6.

What makes you think this team is better?

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Pop, who has Murray above White in the depth chart barring injury.

Okay. Now we have to establish the ground rules for the Evil Twins. Are we talking about the good Derek White this year, or the Evil Twin Derek White? Same with Bertans. Right now, Bertans couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat.

What I'm saying is I don't see either one winning a 7 game series, with anyone. You might as well flip a coin. If there was only some way that this year's Spurs could meet last year's Spurs in the first round, I almost think the Spurs would have a chance.

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Okay. Now we have to establish the ground rules for the Evil Twins. Are we talking about the good Derek White this year, or the Evil Twin Derek White? Same with Bertans. Right now, Bertans couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat.

What I'm saying is I don't see either one winning a 7 game series, with anyone. You might as well flip a coin. If there was only some way that this year's Spurs could meet last year's Spurs in the first round, I almost think the Spurs would have a chance.

People are just going to have to accept that there is no "Good White/Evil White" He's just a raw player with skills who can have soild games every now and then, especially against bad teams. At least Murray showed up to play against good LeBron teams and was a more consistent player before going down.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-03-2019, 10:19 PM
What makes you think this team is better?

Much better shooting and offense and they would only have to guard Aldridge and not really worry about anyone else. Murray has a horrendous offensive game so you don't have to worry about him much either.

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 10:24 PM
People are just going to have to accept that there is no "Good White/Evil White" He's just a raw player with skills who can have soild games every now and then, especially against bad teams. At least Murray showed up to play against good LeBron teams and was a more consistent player before going down.

So you took the whole "Evil Twin" thing... literally? Do you actually know people with evil twins, so you thought you better clear up the fact that White doesn't have one?

Really making me sorry I even gave this enough attention to joke about it. Enjoy your very serious thread.

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 10:27 PM
Much better shooting and offense and they would only have to guard Aldridge and not really worry about anyone else. Murray has a horrendous offensive game so you don't have to worry about him much either.

On the flip side, last year's defense was much better than this year's defense.

SpurPadre
04-03-2019, 10:29 PM
So you took the whole "Evil Twin" thing... literally? Do you actually know people with evil twins, so you thought you better clear up the fact that White doesn't have one?

Really making me sorry I even gave this enough attention to joke about it. Enjoy your very serious thread.

Obviously, I was alluding to him being a streaky player with that moniker. You're just grasping at straws not to get in a civil debate.

GreekSpursfan
04-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Gonna have to agree with op and take '18 version. LMA was more consistent defensively and someone could actually lead the second unit. The defensive IQ of this team('19) is terrible.

Russ
04-03-2019, 10:35 PM
For shits and giggles again, in a 7 game series do you guys still think this Spurs team beats last year's team without Load Management? I just don't see it. Murray, Manu, TP and LDN would fuck this team in the ass. Spurs '18 in 5.

This team would probably lose to last year's team.

But this team has a better future than last year's team would have had.

TDomination
04-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Both are bad on the road so the real question is who has home court??

Babyboy
04-03-2019, 11:59 PM
last years team for me, we still had green and most importantly manu and took one game from golden state, which we wouldn't this year

NickiRasgo
04-04-2019, 12:17 AM
Sad part after this season is that DD will still be with Spurs for two (2) more season @ 27M per year.

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 03:19 AM
Not ready to answer yet. Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

vavvi
04-04-2019, 03:54 AM
Last year team was more consistent in terms of effort.
This year team can just throw random games without trying.
That's why I'm taking last year team in 7.

RC_Drunkford
04-04-2019, 04:08 PM
the difference is last years team had Manu. So last years team played hard. This years team doesn't have any passion.

FkLA
04-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Derrick White would destroy Instagram Baller, imho.

SpurPadre
04-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Derrick White would destroy Instagram Baller, imho.

He went 0-10 against Charlotte without TP lol

monty4329
04-05-2019, 08:50 AM
With or without Nephew?

With: it is a no-contest, obviously
Without: this year's team is superior, but lacking testicles. Hence, 4-1 by last year's team (w/out the salary thief)

monty4329
04-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Sad part after this season is that DD will still be with Spurs for two (2) more season @ 27M per year.

That's the only reasonable argument in favor of tanking massively.

Mugen
04-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Give me the team with Coach Manu on it tbh.

Mugen
04-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Messina is terrible but at least he (plus Coach Manu) was able to coach the team to a victory against the Dubs last offseason.

Doesn't matter if Curry is playing or not, once the Spurs match up with them this first round, Pop is gonna be spreading them cheeks once he sees Kerr across the way.

widowmaker
04-05-2019, 09:35 AM
I don’t know why people want to see this team in the playoffs just so we can see what we have been seeing this whole season that they do not belong as most teams have their number and can not compete at a high level day in and day out regardless of what type of competition they face. They don’t even fight for wins like other teams do.

cd021
04-05-2019, 09:37 AM
This team is much better offensively but last years team is much better defensively. Probably take this year's team.

jjktkk
04-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Since the OP hate White for some weird reason, shouldn't the title of this the thread title be White vs. Murray?