PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Spurs @ Warriors - Rd 1 Gm 1

TDomination
04-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Might as well start this now. Its inevitable and we all know it.

https://www.decalsextremeonline.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/sanantoniospurs(b).jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0 vs https://www.downtowncampbell.com/sites/default/files/uploads/users/1/news/logoprimary_300x329.jpg

SEASON SERIES: Spurs won 2-1
ALL-TIME HEAD TO HEAD: Spurs lead 109-61
ALL-TIME PLAYOFFS SERIES HEAD TO HEAD: Warriors lead 3-1

MATCHUPS:

White vs Curry
EDGE: Curry

Forbes vs Thompson
EDGE: Thompson

DeRozan vs Durant
EDGE: Durant

LMA vs Green
EDGE: Even

Poeltl vs Cousins
EDGE: Cousins

Spurs bench vs Warriors bench
EDGE: Warriors bench
(Could be edge Spurs if Bertans/Beli/Mills hit shots like they've done in the past. But they won't.)

Pop vs Kerr
EDGE: Kerr
Pop will get himself ejected every game. A new playoff record!

GAME PREDICTION:
Warriors win 118-111

SERIES PREDICTION:
Spurs win 4-2
(backdoor sweep)

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Hopefully not..not just because they'll get killed(Spurs would lose against anybody in the 1st round), but because it would just be boring at this point, I'd like to see something different..

It wouldn't even be a good series to make money on:lol

spurraider21
04-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Spurs by 20+ tbh

monty4329
04-04-2019, 02:53 PM
DMO on Cousins: Cousin ejected
LW on Durant: Durant ejected
QP on Thompson: Thompspn ejected

Lost in OT for a turnover on a closing iso play by we know who

SpursBig3s
04-04-2019, 02:57 PM
OKC still has to play Houston and Milwaukee. We could very easily still be the 7 seed playing Houston or Denver. Thread is premature b

RC_Drunkford
04-04-2019, 03:12 PM
I just wanted to start this thread myself:lol

GreekSpursfan
04-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Although premature its accurate. We're gonna lose more than OKC until the end. The way we're looking we might lose out tbh. The conditioning of this team doesn't look good tbh, i don't see fresh legs out there. If i was in Pop's shoes i would rest everyone until the playoffs since we're gonna get the Dubs anyway, we might as well be fresh and show some fight.

TDomination
04-04-2019, 03:56 PM
I just wanted to start this thread myself:lol

lol I almost started it after the Kings loss. But i was like eh, that might be a little too early.

Honestly i would love for this thread to just be thrown away and not be needed but i just don't see it happening.

With that said, Spurs in 6.

slick'81
04-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Warriors by 30 game1

LaMarcus Bryant
04-04-2019, 04:23 PM
I'd rather touch my D after handling habanero peppers and leave it in a jar of milk for 3 hours instead of watching this first round game

timvp
04-04-2019, 04:24 PM
:lol

:depressed

NASpurs
04-04-2019, 04:34 PM
I rather get swept by the Warriors than give off false hope of being a couple pieces away in a competitive series against the Nugs.

JeffDuncan
04-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Trap game.

TheGreatYacht
04-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Easy sweep. Kerr is Pop's father at this point.

Might as well start the off season thread. Let's give them the Raptors pick for Bob Myers. Fire RC, the drunk driving sloth. Get second round picks for our 30yr old career losers, all 8 of them. Let Pop coach in Austin. He's senile enough to not notice the difference.

RC_Drunkford
04-04-2019, 06:51 PM
I'd rather touch my D after handling habanero peppers and leave it in a jar of milk for 3 hours instead of watching this first round game

I'd rather watch Spurs vs. Warriors tbh

phxspurfan
04-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Lol

Mirrornick
04-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Warriors chemistry is at all time low. Easy dub

Uriel
04-04-2019, 08:34 PM
The only upside to this would be getting a higher draft pick.

objective
04-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Is watching Mills and Forbes getting scored on non-stop in a sweep really better than a 1% or whatever chance at Zion?

Or are people still excited over maintaining a playoff streak like Blazer fans did to comfort themselves after getting playoffs wrecked back in the day?

99 Problems
04-04-2019, 09:37 PM
KDs last harrah b4 lobbing into the Big Apple. Will be a shame to see him bow out in the 1st round. But the end of the GSW for another 30 seasons will be memorable tbh.

cjw
04-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Spurs have three left: @Was, @Cle, Dal

Thunder have four left: Det, @Min, Hou, @Mil

If Thunder lose one more than Spurs do, they fall to 8th. On paper, their schedule looks a LOT tougher, but that last Milwaukee game will mean nothing as they clinched best record already. The Houston game may mean something - two behind Denver (w/ tiebreaker) and tied with Portland right now. I’m surprised Detroit, who is fighting for a playoff spot, is a 10.5 point underdog tomorrow in OKC.

Spurs have no excuse losing any of the last three games.

sananspursfan21
04-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Another missed three by Patty

sananspursfan21
04-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Cmon DeMar. I know all mixed guys look the same but you threw it to Steph instead of Bryn.

Barfunk
04-04-2019, 11:05 PM
On top of basketball reasons, this will be a prototypical 5 on 8 series. The NBA will not allow Golden State to be upset. They need the Warriors to advance to the Finals and become "The Next Great 3-Peat Team" to appease the bandwagon, and everyday-fan crowd. They might give us one, heck, maybe even two games at home, but make no mistake, the Spurs have no chance here. I've seen this movie before. Anyways, go Spurs!

Dancelot
04-04-2019, 11:43 PM
The only upside to this would be getting a higher draft pick.
This. So fuck it at this point, I’m in.

slick'81
04-04-2019, 11:45 PM
Why does mills suck soo bad

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2019, 12:29 AM
OKC still has to play Houston and Milwaukee. We could very easily still be the 7 seed playing Houston or Denver. Thread is premature b

Milwaukee may have nothing to play for if the first seed is wrapped up.

cd021
04-05-2019, 12:52 AM
He doesn't care, it's OP's thing.

Also, Milwaukee almost certainly rests Giannis unless Bud does us a solid and lets him play 25 minutes.

monty4329
04-05-2019, 03:41 AM
The NBA will not allow Golden State to be upset.

What?

SouthTexasRancher
04-05-2019, 05:19 AM
Personally I can't wait for the Bucks and Warriors Finals. Two really good teams going at it.

San Antonio Slayer
04-05-2019, 06:06 AM
I am almost sure we will have 7th seed due to OKC schedule. They definitely will have 2 losses. We will lose to Washington but I can see wins against Cavs and Dallas imo. And Denver team is not that impossible to be beaten.

KDKSpurs24
04-05-2019, 06:32 AM
I am almost sure we will have 7th seed due to OKC schedule. They definitely will have 2 losses. We will lose to Washington but I can see wins against Cavs and Dallas imo. And Denver team is not that impossible to be beaten.
Bucks will most likely rest players against OKC. There’s a chance Blake Griffin won’t play tonight because of his knee. So Houston may be the only loss on their remaining schedule.

sananspursfan21
04-05-2019, 06:59 AM
They’re putting Lonnie in already?

sananspursfan21
04-05-2019, 07:21 AM
They’re putting Lonnie in already?

John B
04-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Spurs on 6. Dubs implode and KD walks to the Big Apple.

John B
04-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Bucks will most likely rest players against OKC. There’s a chance Blake Griffin won’t play tonight because of his knee. So Houston may be the only loss on their remaining schedule.
Bud would help his old boss and beat OKC at home.

Shakril
04-05-2019, 08:13 AM
The Spurs have the tiebreaker against OKC. Which means if they 3-0, i am convinced they have the 7the seed. 2-1 could also be sufficent.

OKC has to play against a Detroit Team that is fighting for a playoff spot and a Minnesota Team which is not worse than Detroit can put up a challenge. Rockets will play 100% if they can play against the 7th seed. I think they would rather play against the Spurs/Thunder than against Clippers/Jazz.

Which means: Spurs going 3-0 is more likely than OKC going for 3-1.

7th Seed should be sure.

Spurch
04-05-2019, 08:18 AM
The Spurs have the tiebreaker against OKC. Which means if they 3-0, i am convinced they have the 7the seed. 2-1 could also be sufficent.

OKC has to play against a Detroit Team that is fighting for a playoff spot and a Minnesota Team which is not worse than Detroit can put up a challenge. Rockets will play 100% if they can get the 7th seed. I think they would rather play against the Spurs/Thunder than against Clippers/Jazz.

7th Seed should be sure.

Agreed

ZeusWillJudge
04-05-2019, 08:36 AM
If it's okay, I'll go ahead and write the thread. That way you guys can just cut and paste.

Pop isn't starting Poeltl? WTF?

White scored the first 6 points, and Pop put in Patty. :bang

Aldridge is so soft. They should trade him for a bag of chips this offseason.

This whole team is so damn soft.

Kawhi for DeFrozen is the worst trade in NBA history.

Great shot by Forbes!

Forbes you asshole. How about playing some defense?

I like Rudy Gay, but he's washed up.

Oh FFS that wasn't a foul!!!! Golden State is nothing without help from the refs.

:rollin Pop trying to get himself ejected again, so he doesn't have to watch this shit show.

When was the last time Bertans hit a damn shot? Blow this shit up.

The lead is down to 14. We got this. Book it.

monty4329
04-05-2019, 11:02 AM

OKC has to play against a Detroit Team that is fighting for a playoff spot and a Minnesota Team which is not worse than Detroit can put up a challenge. Rockets will play 100% if they can play against the 7th seed. I think they would rather play against the Spurs/Thunder than against Clippers/Jazz.

7th Seed should be sure.

A. Spurs 3-0 with two games away? highly unlikely, and 2-1 won't cut it.
B. Most probably OKC will go 3-1. You can already pencil in the game vs Bucks, and Houston probably will have nothing to play for by that time too. They will lose one between MIN and DET, just because.

GusT15
04-05-2019, 11:17 AM
B. Most probably OKC will go 3-1. You can already pencil in the game vs Bucks, and Houston probably will have nothing to play for by that time too. They will lose one between MIN and DET, just because.

The Wizards are definitely actually tanking cause they are tied in a 4 team tie at 47 losses and it affects their odds dramatically to lose out their remaining schedule.

The Hawks for example and the Cavs we are playing next are NOT tanking cause their lottery odds are set.

Dallas,simillarly to the Wizards should also be tanking to come out on top (or bottom actually) of the tie.(Their pick is top5 protected,pretty good chance they keep it this year)

In other words Cavs should be more dangerous than the Wizards.

In other words,if we lose against Washington we're even more worthless than we've shown in the last games.

Mugen
04-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Is watching Mills and Forbes getting scored on non-stop in a sweep really better than a 1% or whatever chance at Zion?

Or are people still excited over maintaining a playoff streak like Blazer fans did to comfort themselves after getting playoffs wrecked back in the day?
objective

Hell, moving up 1 or 2 spots in the draft is well worth missing the playoffs and some meaningless streak.

KDKSpurs24
04-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Bud would help his old boss and beat OKC at home.
Nope. None of that. Bud has a championship to try to win.

paperboy77
04-05-2019, 12:28 PM

this

GusT15
04-05-2019, 12:32 PM
this

Noun[edit (https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=reverse_jinx&action=edit&section=2)]

reverse (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reverse#English) jinx (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jinx#English) (plural reverse jinxes (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reverse_jinxes#English))

A prediction (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prediction) which is the opposite of the outcome desired by the person making it.

Usage notes[edit (https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=reverse_jinx&action=edit&section=3)]

The phrase is mainly used in a sporting context, but may be used in other disciplines e.g. forecasting investment performance.

Dverde
04-05-2019, 12:34 PM
If it's okay, I'll go ahead and write the thread. That way you guys can just cut and paste.

Great shot by Forbes!

Oh FFS that wasn't a foul!!!! Golden State is nothing without help from the refs.

:rollin Pop trying to get himself ejected again, so he doesn't have to watch this shit show.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/usp_nba__brooklyn_nets-press_conference_57096828.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

paperboy77
04-05-2019, 12:39 PM

Great shot by Forbes!

Sounds about right but you forgot ..... well we’ll bitch about everything!

FutureMan
04-05-2019, 12:47 PM
You’re quite the pessimist lol

sananspursfan21
04-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Lonnie with the chase down block and the 360 dunk finish on the break! This guy is unbelievable!!

TDomination
04-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Noun[edit (https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=reverse_jinx&action=edit&section=2)]

reverse (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reverse#English) jinx (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jinx#English) (plural reverse jinxes (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reverse_jinxes#English))

A prediction (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prediction) which is the opposite of the outcome desired by the person making it.

Usage notes[edit (https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=reverse_jinx&action=edit&section=3)]

The phrase is mainly used in a sporting context, but may be used in other disciplines e.g. forecasting investment performance.

:tu

Splits
04-05-2019, 03:06 PM

I’m confused. What gets left in the milk? Your member? The habenero? Your hand?

ZeusWillJudge
04-05-2019, 03:14 PM

I’m confused. What gets left in the milk? Your member? The habenero? Your hand?

The milk thing is actually fun, even without the habanero pepper. If you're properly equipped, you can do it and watch the game at the same time.

objective
04-05-2019, 03:26 PM
objective

Hell, moving up 1 or 2 spots in the draft is well worth missing the playoffs and some meaningless streak.

I'll say that I only think the playoffs would be interesting if I thought they'd be competitive in their matchup. I think they'd best Portland, I think they would have a fair shot at beating Houston.

I don't need to see Mills and Forbes switched onto Durant 10 times a half.

Just like last year it was frustrating knowing that White was better than those guys and Parker and still wasn't going to get minutes. Walker would be more exciting to watch and give the Spurs a better chance despite being raw than Mills and Forbes but I know he'll just be in garbage time.

I don't even care about the draft pick slot as much outside the lottery because in a weak draft like this there's so much volatility that anyone could slide or climb drastically and who's available from 15-20 is harder to predict

But for excitement or engagement, watching a loop of Bryn lose Klay for an open 3 followed by Bryn getting backdoored will not be that fun.

rascal
04-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Spurs are getting Denver.

justinandimcool
04-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Magic number to clinch 7th is 3

Spurs have CLE and DAL left
Thunder have MIN, HOU, MIL left

just go 2-0 and hope OKC drops one tbh

GreekSpursfan
04-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Even though the schedule seems to favor us i don't have a good feeling about the CLE game and i see OKC losing only one, the Houston game.