PDA

View Full Version : Clippers announcer SEETHES over James Harden, calls him a system player cheater

Benoit
04-04-2019, 08:44 PM

FrostKing
04-04-2019, 10:08 PM
It is crazy how his only attempts inside the 3pt line are free throws or runners. He is gimmicky but not yet been exposed by defenses in the Playoffs and Texas is a perfect place for him - Texans love gimmicks

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Harden is like that guy in 2K who always abuses the same shit over and over again. Technically it's not cheating, but it's bullshit and everyone knows it.

BD24
04-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Harden is like that guy in 2K who always abuses the same shit over and over again. Technically it's not cheating, but it's bullshit and everyone knows it.
haha, this is a great comparison tbh.

I remember in NBA 2k8 there was a layup glitch. Basically if you went for a layup at just the right time and your player had a good layup rating you would push everyone out of the way and basically never miss.

If you were good at the glitch you were pretty much unbeatable. When I did it online I would routinely drop 70+ with Steve Nash :lol

DAF86
04-04-2019, 11:23 PM
Rockets' style of play should fail big time in the playoffs against a smart defensive team. Unless the Rockets, themselves, play great defense too, like they did against the Warriors last season.

Millennial_Messiah
04-05-2019, 09:33 AM
haha, this is a great comparison tbh.

I remember in NBA 2k8 there was a layup glitch. Basically if you went for a layup at just the right time and your player had a good layup rating you would push everyone out of the way and basically never miss.

If you were good at the glitch you were pretty much unbeatable. When I did it online I would routinely drop 70+ with Steve Nash :lol

Cheeser.

I played NBA 2k8 and never noticed that many problems except that one almost unguardable move with Jerry Stackhouse.

NBA Live 07 was full of cheese. Most times players just crab dribbled all the way to the basket and dunked. The dev team turned the 3pt sliders way down that year so everyone had to shoot twos for the most part. Oh and then the lagging thing... there was a specific button combo you could press to lag the other guy's system when they had the ball. Sooooooo glitchy. I remember a guy from Turkey who would drop 80 with Devean George and then foul out and I'd beat him cause he wouldn't know what to do.

Killakobe81
04-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Hell of a player i think its unfair not to give him that.
but he does exploit a flaw in how the modern game is reffed and played.
Like i argued last year when he won MVP ... I dont blame him, ultumately, that's on the league and the refs.
But my guess, is league loves all the scoring he does ...

I only blame Harden for choking when he doesnt get his FT calls ...

Also, if I was a Rox fan ... I almost wouldnt want HArden to get regular season freebies if he is NOT going to get same call come playoffs.
Its almost as if refs are setting him up for a choke.

in2deep
04-05-2019, 12:18 PM
He's got 2 or 3 moves that are absolutely lethal and unstoppable

I don't think you can get to the finals on 2 or 3 move thou

04-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Harden would dominate any era, 3 point era or not. People who deny his greatness are taking his lack of entertainment for lack of skill.

spurraider21
04-05-2019, 01:54 PM
He's got 2 or 3 moves that are absolutely lethal and unstoppable

I don't think you can get to the finals on 2 or 3 move thou
i mean if they're unstoppable i dont see why not

DMC
04-05-2019, 02:45 PM
It's why they go 0-27 from 3 in the playoffs, because A) they are relegated to shooting them since the lane closes and B) James Harden is a choke artist who plays for regular season accolades and hits the clubs after the RS.

This guy was destroyed at home in a critical series ending playoff game by the bench of his opponent. You know once he sits on the floor spread eagle he's given up. That happens very quickly in the playoffs, right after CP3's pussy gets hurt.

Killakobe81
04-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Harden would dominate any era, 3 point era or not. People who deny his greatness are taking his lack of entertainment for lack of skill.

He is entertaining and highly skilled when he doesn't flop when he is cooking he doesn't even need the freebie Fts

resistanze
04-05-2019, 03:55 PM
It's why they go 0-27 from 3 in the playoffs, because A) they are relegated to shooting them since the lane closes and B) James Harden is a choke artist who plays for regular season accolades and hits the clubs after the RS.

This guy was destroyed at home in a critical series ending playoff game by the bench of his opponent. You know once he sits on the floor spread eagle he's given up. That happens very quickly in the playoffs, right after CP3's pussy gets hurt.
:lol

And this is why I laugh when they say 'MVP is a RS award' as if we're supposed to wipe away the shit-stains of his gimmick being exposed in the postseason. The fact they are entertaining giving him another MVP over Giannis after what we've seen every May is....astounding :lol

Mark Celibate
04-05-2019, 04:49 PM
That rant was gay and not to be taken serious as most sportsball announcers are brainlets.

The philosophy boils down to:

a) everyone has the same set of rules
b) Harden plays/benefits by the rules moreso than anyone else

So what is there to complain about? The guy's not cheating, so you're basically complaining because it's not sexy enough or because your team isn't good enough to stop him

Mr. Body
04-06-2019, 07:01 PM
NBA refs have special rules for

1) James Harden
2) Golden State Warriors

The carp Harden pulls to get calls would never fly in any other era. And the Warriors are allowed to bitch at and show up the refs without repercussion. Beyond annoying, but I guess it sells tickets to the rubes.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
That rant was gay and not to be taken serious as most sportsball announcers are brainlets.

The philosophy boils down to:

a) everyone has the same set of rules
b) Harden plays/benefits by the rules moreso than anyone else

So what is there to complain about? The guy's not cheating, so you're basically complaining because it's not sexy enough or because your team isn't good enough to stop him
He's a flopping faggot who makes every game he plays in unwatchable and makes it impossible to play defense against him because of said flopping. Nobody else gets the bullshit calls that he gets on every possession. What isn't there to complain about?

basquetbol
04-06-2019, 09:46 PM

Where was his greatness in game 6 of the conference finals when his team needed him the most because Chris Paul had his routine playoff ending injury? Where was his greatness in game 7 when his team missed 27 consecutive 3s?

DMC
04-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Can’t wait for people to bitch about Luka the same way :lol sans the playoff choking

Yeah, no worry about him choking in the playoffs this year.

DMC
04-06-2019, 10:10 PM
He's a flopping faggot who makes every game he plays in unwatchable and makes it impossible to play defense against him because of said flopping. Nobody else gets the bullshit calls that he gets on every possession. What isn't there to complain about?
But Mr Celebate is right. It's Royce Gracie when the gi was allowed in the ring, when he would choke out everyone with his gi. Once they took that away he was just a badass but not nearly as immortal. Still, he used what he had at his disposal and that worked for him. Imagine if every player with obvious talent used it to win instead of using it to show off or get stats. Look at Westbrook, he can get to the rim at will but he wants to shoot long contested jumpers and fight for rebounds because he's a stat whore. Imagine if AD had the wherewithal to develop an up and under move or some flop under the rim or just short of it, or if Kawhi Leonard tried using his other hand to wipe his own ass.

Neo.
04-06-2019, 10:18 PM

this

Chris
04-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Harden would have struggled with hand checking and would have been an easy post up considering he doesn't play defense.

DMC
04-07-2019, 02:02 AM
5.5/10, uninspired and lazy

Rookie wall. He'll be more energized next season though.

DMC
04-07-2019, 02:03 AM
this

:lol no. One Malone elbow to the forehead, he never Eurosteps down the lane again. What Artest did to him was nothing.

Mark Celibate
04-07-2019, 05:10 PM

disagree on the "bullshit calls" tbh. It's obvious he has a good feel on how defenders are positioned, and when they're vulnerable to be in a fouling position. Is it the most entertaining brand of basketball? No, but there's nothing illegal about it. Same thing when guys pump fake on jump shots then throw their body into the defender when they're in the air. Harden does the same thing, but is really good at it and has found about ten other ways to accomplish the same thing. I definitely agree that he wouldn't be nearly as good playing in the 90's for obvious reasons

There's no way you can just credit it to "flopping" considering flopping has been going on for almost 20 years now, yet few players have been this productive. Unless you're retarded enough to believe that the NBA just singled him out randomly for success and decided to award him an outrageous number of calls a game over anybody else just because.

Benoit
04-07-2019, 05:20 PM

This. He would adapt to any era and find the inefficiencies needed to exploit.

Double-Up
04-07-2019, 07:47 PM
:lol

And this is why I laugh when they say 'MVP is a RS award' as if we're supposed to wipe away the shit-stains of his gimmick being exposed in the postseason. The fact they are entertaining giving him another MVP over Giannis after what we've seen every May is....astounding :lol

Are you fucking blind? Harden has been on point this year, injuries, dropping 50 and 60 points like it's nothing. But hey you can't please everybody, especially a Raptors fan...:lol

Arcadian
04-07-2019, 08:13 PM
This. He would adapt to any era and find the inefficiencies needed to exploit.

:lol Harden hasn't dominated shit. Get back to us when he accomplishes anything of significance.

Arcadian
04-07-2019, 08:16 PM
https://youtu.be/qjUgDgcAIXY

:lol What a bitch. Rejected by a 37-year-old man.

resistanze
04-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Are you fucking blind? Harden has been on point this year, injuries, dropping 50 and 60 points like it's nothing. But hey you can't please everybody, especially a Raptors fan...:lol

Harden is a scam artist like Westbrook that gets no love until he proves it in the postseason. Doesn't matter if I support the Warriors, Raptors or Knicks. :lol

DMC
04-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Dude just dropped a triple double last week. Holy shit you’re desperate for this one :lmao

Don't be so dense.

Neo.
04-07-2019, 10:36 PM
:lol no. One Malone elbow to the forehead, he never Eurosteps down the lane again. What Artest did to him was nothing.

1) he literally was concussed from an elbow to the head, and it didn't change him one bit. Artests shot wasnt nothing at all.

2) plenty of superstars in history have been elbowed in the face, clotheslined, thrown down, teeth knocked out, etc... and it never changed any of them. so why would harden somehow be more affected by it? there is literally no basis for that argument whatsoever, and i honestly have never understood why people bother making it and don't listen to how stupid the logic actually is

DMC
04-08-2019, 09:55 PM
1) he literally was concussed from an elbow to the head, and it didn't change him one bit. Artests shot wasnt nothing at all.

2) plenty of superstars in history have been elbowed in the face, clotheslined, thrown down, teeth knocked out, etc... and it never changed any of them. so why would harden somehow be more affected by it? there is literally no basis for that argument whatsoever, and i honestly have never understood why people bother making it and don't listen to how stupid the logic actually is

It would change Harden because he's a pussy.

Neo.
04-09-2019, 02:18 PM
It would change Harden because he's a pussy.

proof?

spurraider21
04-09-2019, 02:21 PM
yeah. people in the 80's barely defended the 3 point line... imagine them trying to defend crossover step back 3's :lol... even guys like reggie miller and ray allen barely did that stuff unless the clock called for it. harden does it all the time with decent efficiency.

TDfan2007
04-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Harden is a great regular season player who is also exceptional at manipulating the rules. Even without the whistles, he's almost unguardable. I used to hate his game, and I still don't really like it, but you can't deny the guy's greatness.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Harden is a great regular season player who is also exceptional at manipulating the rules. Even without the whistles, he's almost unguardable. I used to hate his game, and I still don't really like it, but you can't deny the guy's greatness.

I feel the same way, although I still hate his game, can't deny that he's a top 10 player of all-time during the RS..

Still hasn't proven anything in the playoffs, though..even in their run to the WCFs last year, he wasn't particularly impressive..

Neo.
04-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Agreed. The whistles just add a frustration factor, but even if you take a few cheap fouls away each game, then instead of averaging 35, hes averaging 28-30. Still unguardable.

DMC
04-09-2019, 07:20 PM
proof?

KXLcSQR_kB0

DMC
04-09-2019, 07:21 PM
yeah. people in the 80's barely defended the 3 point line... imagine them trying to defend crossover step back 3's :lol... even guys like reggie miller and ray allen barely did that stuff unless the clock called for it. harden does it all the time with decent efficiency.

Harden wouldn't have developed that shot back then.

spurraider21
04-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Harden wouldn't have developed that shot back then.
If you make that assumption it defeats the entire purpose of the exercise. Aren’t we basically asking if his game would have translated?

DMC
04-09-2019, 07:52 PM
If you make that assumption it defeats the entire purpose of the exercise. Aren’t we basically asking if his game would have translated?

I don't think so. The comment was that he would have dominated then as well, but he wouldn't have because he wouldn't be allowed to chuck 30 3's a game and he wouldn't get the ticky tack fouls he gets now. Hand checking was allowed. He'd be nothing more than a World B Free type player.

04-10-2019, 01:06 AM
I don't think so. The comment was that he would have dominated then as well, but he wouldn't have because he wouldn't be allowed to chuck 30 3's a game and he wouldn't get the ticky tack fouls he gets now. Hand checking was allowed. He'd be nothing more than a World B Free type player.His craftiness would have just manifested in a way that fits that era, but his success(RS, at least) would definitely translate.

04-10-2019, 01:12 AM
Harden is averaging the same amount of FTAs as jordan in his 37 ppg year, and only 1 more than kobe in his 35 ppg year. He isn’t getting record amounts of Fts, he’s just getting buckets.

It’s crazy that him and KD were on the same team.

:lol okc

lefty
04-10-2019, 01:25 AM

He wouldn’t do it in that era because they didn’t play like that back then.
It’s not like he would find the time stone and time travel with his current skillset

FrostKing
04-10-2019, 01:31 AM
There were less possessions back then. Harden would have gotten choked in the locker room by his teammates after his first game.

spurraider21
04-10-2019, 02:51 AM
He wouldn’t do it in that era because they didn’t play like that back then.
It’s not like he would find the time stone and time travel with his current skillset
that makes this entire discussion of "would player x have succeeded in the y era" completely moot

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2019, 05:06 AM
i dunno about u guys, but it seems to me harden led team is better then a westbrook or kd led team...showing by the records since the trio breakup

Neo.
04-10-2019, 10:40 AM
KXLcSQR_kB0

That is not proof of anything.

Millennial_Messiah
04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Harden is averaging the same amount of FTAs as jordan in his 37 ppg year, and only 1 more than kobe in his 35 ppg year. He isn’t getting record amounts of Fts, he’s just getting buckets.

It’s crazy that him and KD were on the same team.

:lol okc
him, KD, and westbrook would have easily been better than the heatles and warriors... I said it in 2012 this team is going to dominate the next generation and I would have been right if they hadn't been stupid

DMC
04-10-2019, 04:37 PM
that makes this entire discussion of "would player x have succeeded in the y era" completely moot

No it doesn't.

spurraider21
04-10-2019, 04:43 PM
No it doesn't.
then yeah.... if you take any player from todays NBA and remove their skills, i'm sure they wont do as well in the 80's

Benoit
04-10-2019, 10:02 PM
:lol Harden hasn't dominated shit. Get back to us when he accomplishes anything of significance.

Being in the MVP race 4 out of 5 years is something only LeBron, Shaq, Jordan etc have ever done.

Down Under
04-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Stop fouling him

Arcadian
04-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Being in the MVP race 4 out of 5 years is something only LeBron, Shaq, Jordan etc have ever done.

"Being in the race"? :lol What a shitty distinction. That's like "being in the playoffs" but not actually winning. Except worse, because it's a media-voted award.

Benoit
04-10-2019, 11:59 PM
"Being in the race"? :lol What a shitty distinction. That's like "being in the Finals" but not actually winning, nobody gives a shit - except worse, because it's a media-voted award.
If a team makes it to the finals 4 out of 5 times, winning once or twice, it's a hell of a run.

DAF86
04-11-2019, 02:30 AM
If a team makes it to the finals 4 out of 5 times, winning once or twice, it's a hell of a run.

This is a djohn account, isn't it?

DMC
04-11-2019, 07:50 AM
then yeah.... if you take any player from todays NBA and remove their skills, i'm sure they wont do as well in the 80's

If you took Harden from college and dropped in onto a team in the 80's, he doesn't develop the 3. If you took Harden of today and dropped him onto the same team, the first time he missed 3 in a row they bench him. The first time he doesn't dump the ball into the big in the post, they bench him. When he does that step back and launches a shot that doesn't go, they bench him. Those are not good shots for those days when you have bigs under the rim calling for the ball.

So no, James would not dominate. He's no MJ. He doesn't really play the midrange game. He doesn't jump over people.

If he was already a superstar in name, then sure. He's already dominated. He'd get the freedom play that RS game style and try to rack up points. What team was scoring 140 a game back in the 80's?

There were no other real 3pt threats that would shoot 15 3's a game back then. I think the most 3's a game back then on average was 5 by someone like Mark Price. Suddenly James is going to shoot 15-20 of these a night? This was before all the bigs wanted to be stretch 4s and they guarded the rim.

DMC
04-11-2019, 07:56 AM

When he wins a championship or 3 we'll put him in that category.

spurraider21
04-11-2019, 11:02 AM
If you took Harden from college and dropped in onto a team in the 80's, he doesn't develop the 3. If you took Harden of today and dropped him onto the same team, the first time he missed 3 in a row they bench him. The first time he doesn't dump the ball into the big in the post, they bench him. When he does that step back and launches a shot that doesn't go, they bench him. Those are not good shots for those days when you have bigs under the rim calling for the ball.

So no, James would not dominate. He's no MJ. He doesn't really play the midrange game. He doesn't jump over people.

If he was already a superstar in name, then sure. He's already dominated. He'd get the freedom play that RS game style and try to rack up points. What team was scoring 140 a game back in the 80's?

There were no other real 3pt threats that would shoot 15 3's a game back then. I think the most 3's a game back then on average was 5 by someone like Mark Price. Suddenly James is going to shoot 15-20 of these a night? This was before all the bigs wanted to be stretch 4s and they guarded the rim.
i think the better argument is that the rest of the team does not have a modern 3 point shot and the bigs weren't athletic rim rollers, but rather low post guys... so his pick and roll game wouldn't have the spacing it does now.

Neo.
04-11-2019, 01:06 PM

So no, James would not dominate. He's no MJ. He doesn't really play the midrange game.

lol picking and choosing

if he doesnt develop the three due to living in the 80s, then why wouldn't he develop a midrange game which was heavily taught in those days?

DMC
04-12-2019, 12:21 AM
lol picking and choosing

if he doesnt develop the three due to living in the 80s, then why wouldn't he develop a midrange game which was heavily taught in those days?

He might, but there's no evidence from then or now to suggest that he would develop a better than average mid range game. His being judged by how he exploits the current NBA defense or lack thereof. I'm not the one trying to translate his game to the 80's era and saying he would dominate. Those saying he would need to offer something as evidence. Harden relies on clearing space to get a shot off. He's not an incredibly gifted leaper, so his short range jumper doesn't exactly clear defenders from that era. MJ had that spin and shot. Those years Harden decided he didn't need to play defense, how well would have have dominated?

DMC
04-12-2019, 12:27 AM
i think the better argument is that the rest of the team does not have a modern 3 point shot and the bigs weren't athletic rim rollers, but rather low post guys... so his pick and roll game wouldn't have the spacing it does now.

People here think he'd eurostep his way to the Finals and that people like Hakeem and David wouldn't take his shit to the cheap seats.

04-12-2019, 01:05 AM
Harden isn’t a twink like Curry who’s only polarizing talent(shooting) is bound by generational trends(increase in 3PA, spacing the floor, etc).

He’s an elite ball handler, passer, slasher, and has a strong enough build to play physical. His Bball IQ is underrated as well. He keeps finding new ways no one else thought of to exploit defenses. Something every great offensive player did.

Neo.
04-12-2019, 08:44 PM
He might, but there's no evidence from then or now to suggest that he would develop a better than average mid range game.

The fact that he developed an elite three point shot to help jumpstart a three point shooting era should probably qualify as good evidence that he could develop a better than average mid range game in a mid range era.

Biggems
04-12-2019, 09:13 PM

The Bad boys, the Knicks, and the Pacers would have raped his flopping bitch ass. The Bad boys along would have bukkaked all over him with great joy, turning him into Alice in the Palace.

DMC
04-12-2019, 09:53 PM
The fact that he developed an elite three point shot to help jumpstart a three point shooting era should probably qualify as good evidence that he could develop a better than average mid range game in a mid range era.

When he doesn't shit the bed in the playoffs, you might have a leg to stand on.

Neo.
04-12-2019, 10:40 PM
When he doesn't shit the bed in the playoffs, you might have a leg to stand on.

That literally has nothing to do with skillsets. lol changing criteria