PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Going to Get Any Awards This Year?

BillMc
04-06-2019, 11:22 AM
I do this every year, but it seems a little sparse. Are any Spurs going to get an award?

I'd say....

LMA has an outside chance of being 3rd team All NBA. But I think Blake gets the last forward spot (after Greek Freak, George, Nephew, Durant, LeBron). He might have a shot as the 3rd center but they could give it to KAT on numbers.

Only other outside chance is White for second team defense, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Some talk show guy (can't remember who) thought DeMar could be in as a guard because guard play has been weak across the league. But Steph, Harden, Lillard, Walker, Westbrook, Kyrie probably fill the slots. And if one them slip probably Klay before DeMar. (By the way, OKC getting 2 All NBA guys despite being as bad as the Spurs is kinda funny)

Anyway, my prediction is no awards or team selections.

What thinks you guys?

baseline bum
04-06-2019, 11:28 AM
They should get one for that loss to the Knicks

ElNono
04-06-2019, 11:35 AM
“Is one life more important than some congressman keeping his position because he’s afraid he won’t get funds of the NRA? It’s a dereliction of duty on the part of everybody around Trump. He’s who he is. He’s actually kind of boring because he’s done this all so much. We all know what’s coming and we know what lie’s gonna happen. That’s not very interesting. It’s pathetic. But the people around him, they knew when he was a primary, they say all these things about him, they’re intelligent, but their position, their power is more important than our children and our grandchildren.”

- Greg Popovich

MLK award worthy, IMO

Raven
04-06-2019, 11:41 AM
no and they shouldn't.

SpurSpike
04-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Rudy was nominated for best team mate, could happen. The guy deserves something for his career, always overshadowed.

BillMc
04-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Rudy was nominated for best team mate, could happen. The guy deserves something for his career, always overshadowed.

Agreed.

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I think Aldridge might get 3rd team all NBA. But honestly he will not get it due to the fan boy media putting Lebron on a team eventhough he missed a lot of games and his team wasn't too good.

I hope White gets a bit of recognition for all defensive but they are always late with giving props with that team

smaka
04-06-2019, 01:07 PM
Aldridge should be third team all nba, because LeBron, after missing so many games this year, should definitely not qualify. But as said before me, media prolly won't take this into account, because it's Lebron. If it was the other way around, we know how this would've ended.

Genovaswitness
04-06-2019, 01:23 PM
I hope not. First year in a while I’m not getting any playoffs gear shit team does not deserve my $$

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 01:27 PM
They should get one for that loss to the Knicks

It has to be for something special. Spurs do that every year.

DAF86
04-06-2019, 02:45 PM
White should make all-defense 1st team, tbh. If he doesn't get at least 2nd team it would be a travesty.

spurs10
04-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Glad to see Rudy nominated for best teammate! I think LMA for 3rd Team All NBA is quite possible. Also White for 2nd Team Defensive seems right too. It will be interesting to see with DDR. He missed the All Stars and probably puts it down to the trade. I hope he gets some recognition despite what people on here say.

Mugen
04-06-2019, 04:02 PM
:lol 12mil a year and Fatty couldn't even get "Best Teammate" on his own team

Drom John
04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
ESPN Real Plus Minus DRPM
Point Guards
1.93 Chris Paul
1.72 Marcus Smart
1.66 George Hill
1.65 Derrick White

DMC
04-06-2019, 09:45 PM
They all get a bronze looking plastic molded statue of Patty Mills, holding a wad of cash and in the "frog" pose with the inscription "8th seed" on the small cheesy plaque. Then they'll unveil the "not the worst team in Texas for 2019" banner.

YGWHI
04-07-2019, 06:31 PM
White should make all-defense 1st team, tbh. If he doesn't get at least 2nd team it would be a travesty.

ZeusWillJudge
04-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Only two are even in consideration, IMO. White for defense. Believe it or not, Bertans has the best on/off of any non-starter with more than 1,000 minutes off the bench.

I don't think either will get an award, but both are in the discussion.

GreekSpursfan
04-07-2019, 08:47 PM
What is the conclusion of what OP just wrote? Pop is the G.O.A.T coach.