PDA

View Full Version : 2 for 1 Movie Reviews! - Greencard and A Star is Born

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Greencard - maybe somewhat predictable feel good movie but Motensen and Ali do a great job and have the chemistry to make it entertaining.
Nothing too heavy. 7/10

A Star is Born - I don't normally with movie was longer but they probably could have used another hour for the story. Lady GaGa and Cooper are great.
7/10

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 02:23 PM
A Star is Born - I don't normally with movie was longer but they probably could have used another hour for the story. Lady GaGa and Cooper are great.
7/10
:rolleyes Turn in your man card.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 02:26 PM
:rolleyes Turn in your man card.

Fuck off. It was decent movie. It's not like I recommended Beaches.

clambake
04-08-2019, 02:40 PM
i recommend "the birdcage"

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 02:45 PM

Shit...I don't know if you're funnin' or not. But that had some funny shit. I'd say that 90% of the time, if you have a straight guy playing a gay character, it's going to be funnier than having a gay guy do it himself.

Trill Clinton
04-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Can you watch and review escape room?

Blake
04-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Greencard - maybe somewhat predictable feel good movie but Motensen and Ali do a great job and have the chemistry to make it entertaining.
Nothing too heavy. 7/10

7/10

Green book was solid. 7/10. Another reminder movie of what life was like in the South for blacks during that time.

Star is Born is a ridiculous story line. Great acting and nice soundtrack tho. 6/10

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Green book was solid. 7/10. Another reminder movie of what life was like in the South for blacks during that time.

Star is Born is a ridiculous story line. Great acting and nice soundtrack tho. 6/10

I think having to fit it in 2 hours is what forced them to make some ridiculous choices. They could have saved some time by eliminating the whole brother conflict. And the whole drag bar stuff.
Eh...now that I think about it, there are some issues besides that. But I really didn't think too much about them when I watched it.

Blake
04-08-2019, 03:38 PM

9/10. Nathan Lane deserved an Oscar

Blake
04-08-2019, 03:50 PM
I think having to fit it in 2 hours is what forced them to make some ridiculous choices. They could have saved some time by eliminating the whole brother conflict. And the whole drag bar stuff.
Eh...now that I think about it, there are some issues besides that. But I really didn't think too much about them when I watched it.

The whole bit where she suddenly went from rugged country to dance club pop on SNL was an lol.

Blake
04-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Escape Room was a funny popcorn flick. If you take it serious, 2/10. If you lol the whole way, 6/10

ChumpDumper
04-08-2019, 03:58 PM
I'll get around to A Star Is Born because I saw the first three versions but never caught the ending of any of them.

No spoilers, please.

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 04:31 PM
I'll get around to A Star Is Born because I saw the first three versions but never caught the ending of any of them.

No spoilers, please.
SFS and Blake end up spooning on the couch.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 04:59 PM
The whole bit where she suddenly went from rugged country to dance club pop on SNL was an lol.

LOL...that's exactly what I was thinking about when I said..."eh..."

Blake
04-08-2019, 05:10 PM

Fabbs spooning a tub of pancake batter

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Weird thought. Two people taking about a movie and you instantly fantasize about them spooning.
I can see why real life must be hard as hell for you.

If you want to start some donut/pancake stuff, I’ll throw in a couple posts.

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Weird thought. Two people taking about a movie and you instantly fantasize about them spooning.
I can see why real life must be hard as hell for you.

If you want to start some donut/pancake stuff, I’ll throw in a couple posts.
A man and a woman spooning during and/or after a movie is "hard as hell for you".

Wow. Totally normal for man and wife / boyfriend and girlfriend in my real world.

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Fabbs spooning a tub of pancake batter
Have no idea what kind of kink etc you and SFS are into.
Cake batter. That's a new one.
Don't want to know more.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2019, 08:11 PM
:lol Fabbs is flipping out over the rereremake of a classic.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 08:32 PM
A man and a woman spooning during and/or after a movie is "hard as hell for you".

Wow. Totally normal for man and wife / boyfriend and girlfriend in my real world.

No...you misunderstood. In real life, I would imagine you’re really awkward if you immediately start thinking about people spooning whenever they’re just talking about a movie in front of you.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 10:59 PM
I wonder how DarrinS (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2042) feels about A Star Is Born. One one hand, libtard/transgender activist Lady Gaga. On the other hand, 2003 Comedian Of The Year Dave Chappelle.

Shouldn’t the other hand be American Sniper Bradley Cooper?

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 11:02 PM
No...you misunderstood. In real life, I would imagine you’re really awkward if you immediately start thinking about people spooning whenever they’re just talking about a movie in front of you.
Just you and Blake and similar.
Not people in my real life.

Do you and Blake get pancake batter on the computer screen? Looks like RumpHumper is involved too.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Just you and Blake and similar.
Not people in my real life.

Do you and Blake get pancake batter on the computer screen? Looks like RumpHumper is involved too.

Fuck. You are really weird.

Pavlov
04-08-2019, 11:05 PM
:lol Fabbs and his batter....

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 11:06 PM

Was just about to check this out but it’s not available yet. Assuming you mean the 2019 release and not the 2017 or 2018 versions.

DPG21920
04-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Was just about to check this out but it’s not available yet. Assuming you mean the 2019 release and not the 2017 or 2018 versions.

It sucks so bad. Like it starts out ok and then just derails so bad IMO.

SpursforSix
04-08-2019, 11:09 PM
It sucks so bad. Like it starts out ok and then just derails so bad IMO.

Thanks.

Trill, consider that my review.

and 2/10

MultiTroll
04-09-2019, 09:06 AM
^ Will you watch The View today with Blake and give your review?

SpursforSix
04-09-2019, 09:10 AM
^ Will you watch The View today with Blake and give your review?

I'll watch it while I'm giving your mom her insulin shot.

Fabbs
04-09-2019, 09:11 AM
I'll watch it while I'm giving your mom her insulin shot.
Super creepy.
We've been over this before.
She passed away.

clambake
04-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Super creepy.
She passed away.

was she able to see "the birdcage"?

SpursforSix
04-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Super creepy.
She passed away.

LOL... yeah...that is creepy...giving insulin shots to a dead person while watching the View.

I don't remember going over this tbh.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2019, 11:09 AM

No spoilers, please.

That’s why I haven’t been able to make myself see it—I hate all the previous versions! I think the first one with Janet Gaynor is the most tolerable. The Streisand version has her singing so that is a plus but I can’t believe gross Kristofferson was the best they could come up with for the male lead. And the Judy Garland version is one of the worst things I have ever sat thru (right up there with West Side Story); the reissued version with the film stills filling in the edits is unwatchable to me.