PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Colin cowherd says kawhi most overrated player

InRareForm
04-09-2019, 08:53 AM
https://youtu.be/Deo3eNOqSY0

Laker_1995
04-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Niggas really forget what this dude was doing to the warriors before that punk bitch Zaza took him out. This nugga was literally destroying the warriors while locking down Durant. When he’s 100% healthy he’s a top 4 player shit maybe even 3 lol.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Niggas really forget what this dude was doing to the warriors before that punk bitch Zaza took him out. This nugga was literally destroying the warriors while locking down Durant. When he’s 100% healthy he’s a top 4 player shit maybe even 3 lol.

That dude is gone tbh. Zaza killed him. Now he's in Rocky 3 mode when Rocky lost to Clubber and was scared to go back in the ring. Kawhi is scared to play bball. Dude misses games for no other reason than he's scared of injury. He has too much fear in him to properly lead a team.

SpursforSix
04-09-2019, 10:12 AM
That dude is gone tbh. Zaza killed him. Now he's in Rocky 3 mode when Rocky lost to Clubber and was scared to go back in the ring. Kawhi is scared to play bball. Dude misses games for no other reason than he's scared of injury. He has too much fear in him to properly lead a team.

Leonard is no Rocky Balboa

Kobe'sAchilles
04-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Leonard is no Rocky Balboa
I'm not saying he is Rocky, was just using it as an analogy. Though a case could be made that Kawhi was on the Rocky path tbh. Unknown player who went against Lebron who was the best in the NBA, during the Finals 2013, came up short in an epic fight that went the distance. Next time they faced each other Kawhi came out strong and became the Champ (Finals MVP) by defeating Lebron. He's kinda like Rocky tbh if Rocky 3 ended immediately after Rocky losing and Micky dying.

Kawhi lost his heart and his eye of the tiger. Though unlike Rocky, I doubt Kawhi will ever get it back

Fabbs
04-09-2019, 10:29 AM
I'm not saying he is Rocky, was just using it as an analogy. Though a case could be made that Kawhi was on the Rocky path tbh.
SFS will probably invite you to see the movie with him.
Exercise due caution.

Othyus Lalanne
04-09-2019, 10:39 AM

What does he miss out on by not playing every game?

Kobe'sAchilles
04-09-2019, 10:56 AM
What does he miss out on by not playing every game?

Putting aside the fact that it's his job to play basketball and also putting aside the fact that there's a difference from taking a few games off for rest and literally a third of the season...

He misses out on any possible MVP chances. He also misses out on All-NBA 1st team. And if his team loses against Phily in the second round, then he loses any real support from the fan base who already feel like he has no interest in him. He's getting away with it now bc he was banished to Canada by Pop, but if he signs with LA and pulls this stunt then the media will turn on him really quick.

if you mean financially then he still will make more money than any of us can ever dream of :lol

spurspunter
04-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Colin is a degenerate gambler. He also says a lot of stuff to instigate things so that his shows/social media account gets a lot of viral action and thus more followers.

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Colin Cowherd might be the worst analyst out there. He's more of a tabloid journalist looking to saying something controversial for ratings. Rarely says anything really insightful.

Othyus Lalanne
04-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Putting aside the fact that it's his job to play basketball and also putting aside the fact that there's a difference from taking a few games off for rest and literally a third of the season...

He misses out on any possible MVP chances. He also misses out on All-NBA 1st team. And if his team loses against Phily in the second round, then he loses any real support from the fan base who already feel like he has no interest in him. He's getting away with it now bc he was banished to Canada by Pop, but if he signs with LA and pulls this stunt then the media will turn on him really quick.

if you mean financially then he still will make more money than any of us can ever dream of :lol

It's Raptors job to develop players and kawhi sitting out some helps that. That is how the Spurs did it for a long time...

Also, are you a doctor?

I am sure he knows the West is a different animal.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-09-2019, 12:49 PM
It's Raptors job to develop players and kawhi sitting out some helps that. That is how the Spurs did it for a long time...

Also, are you a doctor?

I am sure he knows the West is a different animal.

When did the Spurs sit out a healthy player for a third of the season? The answer is never btw. And I'm not a doctor, it wouldn't matter if I was bc Kawhi wouldn't be my patient anyways. But Kawhi says he's healthy, his uncle says he's 100% and the Raptors originazation says he's healthy too. Unless you are calling Kawhi a liar...

You can develop players by resting (Pop did do that in some games) however it becomes a moot point when you're new to a team and haven't played enough games together to really mesh. For example, Lowry has been hurt a bit this year and hasn't played that many games paired with Kawhi and struggled a lot when they did play together. Continuity counts in the NBA

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Stupid take, he isn't even close to being most overrated:lol

I'd go:

1. D'Tective Russell
2. Brandon Ingram
3. Klay Thompson

BD24
04-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Colin Cowherd might be the worst analyst out there. He's more of a tabloid journalist looking to saying something controversial for ratings. Rarely says anything really insightful.
Screaming A Smith is far worse tbh

Arcadian
04-09-2019, 02:51 PM
He's properly rated, given that most people rank him in the top 5-10 players.

As a Spur (pre-Zaza), he was underrated.