PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Dupree

FreshPrince22
10-28-2005, 10:37 AM
It was just announced that the player Popovich is talking about in this quote from the SA Express is being waived:

The Spurs don't have immediate plans to add another player, but will monitor who becomes available as other teams make their cuts. Ronald Dupree, an athletic 6-foot-7 swingman the Spurs tried to sign a year ago, is battling for the final roster spot in Detroit.

The Spurs, coach Gregg Popovich said last week, are "always in the market for a young (small forward) who can defend."

"Every year, the (small forward) position is really a critical position in the league, and the way we play we like that guy to be a defender," Popovich said. "So we've looked for the last couple of years, and are continuing to do so, to find another (small forward) for down the road. We thought Devin Brown might be that guy but decided otherwise."

If you do get him you will love the kid. He can jump out of the gym, and hustles like crazy. Unfortunately we have 3 "project" type players that we don't want to cut, and he's essentially Mo Evans without the jumpshot so we have no space for him. I am actually pretty suprised he was cut because he's been playing great so far in the pre-season.
________
CrystalH (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/CrystalH/)

Kori Ellis
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
The Spurs wanted him in summer 2004 and he was scheduled to go to their summer league, but he signed with the Pistons.

So I won't be surprised at all if he gets picked up by the Spurs on an unguaranteed contract.

Thanks for the info on the waiving.

Mr. Peabody
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Did Ebi ever get cut?
________
AVANDIA HEART ATTACK (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Kori Ellis
10-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Did Ebi ever get cut?

No.

And the Wolves waived Lionel Chalmers, John Lucas and Ryan Humphrey and are now down to 15 players. So I don't know if they'll waive Ebi.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2005, 11:51 AM
pick me :D

juncan
10-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I think Ebi will be sent to NBDL.

ro_50
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I've seen Dupree play numerous times throughout the years at LSU and in person when he was on the Huntsville Flight.

Dupree is a scorer who doenst have overwhelming athletic ability, but he does hustle.

He's a decent option for the end of the bench.

kolko
10-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I think Ebi will be sent to NBDL.

He can't be sent to the D-League.

Bruno
10-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Dupree has played good during this offseason, some teams could claim him from waivers.
The priority on waivers is the worst regular season record, Spurs will be among the last.
If another team claims Dupreefrom waivers, they will get him over Spurs=> If Spurs want him, they will likely sign him via FA to a two years contract (with team option on the second) instead of claiming him from waivers.

Ozzy
10-28-2005, 03:40 PM
He can't be sent to the D-League.

Yep, he can't be. From what I read ad Startribune, the Wolves even asked the NBA for a special permission to send Ebi to the NBDL, but their plead was rejected...

timvp
10-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I haven't seen anything in the news about Dupree being waived. He played last night after this report.

:wtf

jochhejaam
10-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I haven't seen anything in the news about Dupree being waived. He played last night after this report.

:wtf
I haven't heard anything either. The Pistons have players that can't play up to Dupree's game but they're projects that I don't think Joe's willing to part with (Maxiell, Amir Johnson and Alex Acker. That leaves Joe and Flip (mainly Joe) to decide between Dupree, Delfino and Arroyo, tough choice.

Dupree is definitely a good backup, he's active and contrary to an earlier post he is atheletic. He runs the floor well, has a decent jumper from 15 feet in and is a good defender. I'd hate to lose him but we just don't have room for him.

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I happen to like Delfino and Arroyo more than Dupree.

jochhejaam
10-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I happen to like Delfino and Arroyo more than Dupree.
Yep, unfortunately for Dupree he's probably the odd man out. Still nothing on the Piston's Message Board to indicate he's been released.

Solid D
10-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Isn't late 2nd round pick Amir Johnson still on the squad? They'll have to cut somebody if he is.

jochhejaam
10-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Isn't late 2nd round pick Amir Johnson still on the squad? They'll have to cut somebody if he is.
Yes, they're going to keep Amir and they have 16 still on the roster. I'm not sure when the deadline is to have the roster at 15.

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
trade dale davis to new jersey for their first round pick, the nets need a big man.

Dre_7
10-29-2005, 10:18 PM
If SA wants a SF, all they have to do is be patient, wait until the end of this year, and draft Alando Tucker (http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/438670). Problem solved! :D

Kori Ellis
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Final cut

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0510/31/D04-366361.htm

The Pistons insisted Sunday night that they had not made a final decision on which player would be let go to get the roster down to 15.

The Pistons have until 6 tonight to choose between third-year forward Ronald Dupree and rookie guard Alex Acker.

"There are different options on the table and different reasons to keep both guys," Dumars said. "We are trying to work through them. We will have something done in the morning."

It sounded like the Pistons were trying to work some kind of trade, probably involving Dupree for a future draft pick. Both San Antonio and Chicago have expressed interest in Dupree, should the Pistons waive him.

Acker's contract is non-guaranteed, but with Lindsey Hunter out indefinitely after ankle surgery, he is the team's third point guard.

Dupree, in the final year of his contract (worth $630,000), is in a logjam at the swing positions behind reserves Maurice Evans and Carlos Delfino.

"We are still going back and forth," Saunders said. "The main thing is, you don't want to make a decision before something happens that could affect everything."

In other words, the Pistons don't want to do anything until all trade possibilities are exhausted.

Dupree sounded Sunday like a man who had seen the writing on the wall.

"They probably had their minds made up on who was going to go where, who was going to play where and what the roles were before camp even started," he said. "I look at it like, if not here then elsewhere."

Dupree would prefer to be waived rather than traded. If waived, he could choose the best situation for him and double his salary (he would get his Pistons salary, plus a minimum contract from whatever team signed him).

"I want to be here, I really do," he said. "But at the same time, I want to play. I am not looking to start. I am just looking to get the minutes I earned.

"If I don't get that opportunity here, then maybe I will someplace else."

JamStone
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Kori,

Just to let you guys know, Pistons just traded Ronald Dupree to Minnesota for a future 2nd round draft pick. Personally, I'm glad he didn't go to the Spurs because I think he could really help them and serve as very good insurance if they had an injury to one of their main wing players. And, I also think he has the potential to replace Bruce a few years down the line.

Not that I don't like the Spurs. I just don't want the Pistons to be helping them out. You guys are way too loaded already.

timvp
10-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Kori,

Just to let you guys know, Pistons just traded Ronald Dupree to Minnesota for a future 2nd round draft pick. Personally, I'm glad he didn't go to the Spurs because I think he could really help them and serve as very good insurance if they had an injury to one of their main wing players. And, I also think he has the potential to replace Bruce a few years down the line.

Not that I don't like the Spurs. I just don't want the Pistons to be helping them out. You guys are way too loaded already.

:pctoss

Oh well, I think the Spurs were bluffing in saying that they'd take on another contract.

Kori Ellis
10-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Kori,

Thanks for the info JamStone -- I was waiting to hear what had happened.

And :flipoff for not wanting the Spurs to get better. :lmao

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Could it be someone else then?

Bruno
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
So Ebi will likely be waived ?
anybody ?

kolko
10-31-2005, 08:09 PM
So Ebi will likely be waived ?
anybody ?

Yes, Ebi was waived to make a spot for Dupree.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/wolves_acquire_dupree.html

timvp
10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Yes, Ebi was waived to make a spot for Dupree.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/wolves_acquire_dupree.html

Nice find :tu

I wonder if the Spurs will pounce. I'd imagine he'd get claimed off of waivers before the Spurs had a chance.

And even if it came down to it, the Spurs aren't adding another contract.

Marcus Bryant
10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Good to see the Spurs sparing no expense to maintain their competitiveness.

Mr. Body
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I wonder if there's a bot program that gives Marcus Bryant's responses.

Marcus Bryant
10-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Mr. Body once again is unable to discuss the subject at hand.