PDA

View Full Version : Easiest bracket and opponents, tbh

ElNono
04-11-2019, 12:29 AM
Looks like everything aligned for the Spurs to reach the WCF, tbh... Denver is probably happy they made the playoffs, and the whole altitude thing might work out for a game or two, but eventually evens out.

OKC and Portland are probably going long in their series, with the guests being perennial chokers and hopefully westbrook running on fumes by the time we get to face them.

Anything but the Conference finals feels like a choke, IMO.

What? Tim and Manu retired? Oh fuck.

Mr. Body
04-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Yeah, there's other threads about this already.

ElNono
04-11-2019, 12:34 AM
oh

Trainwreck2100
04-11-2019, 01:58 AM

That's alright bud we got wind stop, goddammit

skin27
04-11-2019, 02:36 AM
5,6,7 and 8 seeds are usually destined to lose in the 2nd round when they past the first round.

pookenstein
04-11-2019, 02:50 AM
That was an almost perfect night for the Spurs. These past two days could only have been better, had OKC lost in Milwaukee.

ceperez
04-11-2019, 04:04 AM
I agree. Perfect.

Nuggets first then OKC next. Both teams are beatable!!

spursistan
04-11-2019, 04:25 AM
Agreed but this team isn't winning 2 consecutive series without HCA..

Fireball
04-11-2019, 04:46 AM
The Spurs are so bad on the road I find it amusing how most people here think they will beat Denver. Yeah, they got lucky how the seeding turned out, but the propability is still quite slim. They will produce one stinker at home where the threes do not fall, so how will they win two of four road games?

RC_Drunkford
04-11-2019, 06:46 AM
the first step will be to steal one of the first 2 road games. If we make that happen I like our chances

NASpurs
04-11-2019, 07:14 AM
the first step will be to steal one of the first 2 road games. If we make that happen I like our chances

Read the post above yours.

WallyTiger
04-11-2019, 07:43 AM
:lmao

op so funny

:lobt2:

hater
04-11-2019, 09:09 AM
Looks like everything aligned for the Spurs to reach the WCF, tbh...

:lmao this will be a fun bump

Bookmarked :lol

lmbebo
04-11-2019, 09:34 AM
If we get to 6 or 7 games, I'll be happy with that. Our odds are slightly better at upset this round, but we're so bad on the road that I just don't see us upsetting the nuggets. But opportunity is better than us playing Rockets or Golden State, but not by much.

TDomination
04-11-2019, 09:34 AM
5,6,7 and 8 seeds are usually destined to lose in the 2nd round when they past the first round.

usually but if we reach the 2nd round, we'd be playing an injured Blazers team or an OKC team we match up well with.
Crazy thought. The first round may be more difficult than the 2nd round.

Seventyniner
04-11-2019, 09:52 AM

Not too surprising when you're the 7 seed. The 2 seed should be a tougher opponent than the 3 or the 6.

sananspursfan21
04-11-2019, 10:26 AM
WCF is very attainable this year. OKC is even worse than Denver. Don’t goof this up San An!!

Spurs Homer
04-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Every year - spur fan looks past opponent to the "next" round...

here spur fan is already looking to the WCF -

we never learn

TDomination
04-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Not too surprising when you're the 7 seed. The 2 seed should be a tougher opponent than the 3 or the 6.
True that.

Not really used to thinking of it in that way. I'm just really happy knowing that theres at least a slimmer of hope in winning the 1st round as opposed to last year when when there was 0.01% chance we would win.

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Doesn't matter. Still getting a disgusting sweep.
Beating Sacramento the other day would've put them in 6th place to play vs Nurkicless Blazers.

Spurs can't win on the road. I'm happy with this because I don't have to watch the Warriors gloat for 4 games, not because Spurs have an actual chance.

Dex
04-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Don't worry, DMo will carry us to the Promised Land.

hater
04-11-2019, 11:27 AM

we never learn

It's called being a homer, Homer

Dverde
04-11-2019, 11:34 AM
I would be satisfied with a competitive game 7. This team has no business advancing to the WCF.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I wish the Clippers and OKC were switched, though.

I think the Spurs beat the Nougats in game 2 then hold serve at home and win in 6. If we get the Blazers we'll beat them handily, OKC is a tough one.

ElNono
04-11-2019, 11:41 AM
:lmao this will be a fun bump

Bookmarked :lol

If you need to bump, we choked IMO.

BillMc
04-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Don't worry, DMo will carry us to the Promised Land.

Is that promised land the parking lot outside of Jack-in-the-Box? :bobo

Seriously, if DeMar stays within the offense he's a serious asset. But LMA needs to be the lead dog on this sleigh ride.

R. DeMurre
04-11-2019, 12:04 PM
The final standings in the West were so bunched up that the seeding sounds more dramatic than it actually is. Yes, this is a #2 vs a #7 but the Nuggets only won six more games than the Spurs all season-- that's not a huge disparity. In previous years, that kind of disparity in wins might represent the difference between a #2 seed and a #3 seed. In the East, 2 vs 7 is Toronto, who spent most of the year fighting for the best record in the league vs Orlando, who at one point were 11 games under .500.

SpurPadre
04-11-2019, 12:06 PM
The finals standings in the West were so bunched up that the seeding sounds more dramatic than it actually is. Yes, this is a #2 vs a #7 but the Nuggets only won six more games than the Spurs all season-- that's not a huge disparity. In previous years, that kind of disparity in wins might represent the difference between a #2 seed and a #3 seed.

No but a 113-85 score IS a huge disparity and that only happened last week. We are the clear underdog in this matchup, tbh.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-11-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm usually very conservative and I will not disappoint myself this time...

This is probably the first time in 20 years that Denver are favorites in a series against the Spurs... think about it for a minute going back to past series against Denver when no one sane up in the head would consider Denver had a shot. I think Denver has the upper hand this time around - but again 20 years is a lot of time for continued dominance.

Hope I'm wrong and the Spurs take the series but this smells completely different this time.

I do agree, however, that this path is "easier" on paper than the one with the Warriors in it.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-11-2019, 12:26 PM
And adding to my previous post - I do agree the Spurs are a "deceiving" 7th

R. DeMurre
04-11-2019, 12:56 PM
I agree that the Nuggets are and should be the favorites, but the disparity is not huge. For example in 2017, the first round #2 vs #7 match up was a 61 win Spurs vs a 43 win Grizzlies. That's a gap of 18 wins, triple the size of the win disparity between the Spurs and Denver this year.

GreekSpursfan
04-11-2019, 01:08 PM
I give us 10% chance to advance and that's out of respect for Pop and nothing else. At least we avoided having to watch showboating little bitches playing with their mouthguards again, progress.

spurs10
04-11-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm usually very conservative and I will not disappoint myself this time...

This is probably the first time in 20 years that Denver are favorites in a series against the Spurs... think about it for a minute going back to past series against Denver when no one sane up in the head would consider Denver had a shot. I think Denver has the upper hand this time around - but again 20 years is a lot of time for continued dominance.

Hope I'm wrong and the Spurs take the series but this smells completely different this time.

I do agree, however, that this path is "easier" on paper than the one with the Warriors in it. Yeah Denver with homecourt is big and does give them the advantage.

superbigtime
04-11-2019, 03:31 PM
I hate gsw so much it will be a pleasure to face the Nuggs. wish it was the blazers tho.

james evans
04-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Agreed but this team isn't winning 2 consecutive series without HCA..
HCA is the most overrated shit in basketball. Every rim is 10 ft and every court is 94 ft in the league. It’s not like the 50s when fans are throwing shit at the players. HCA didn’t help the heat against us in 2013(pop and many did). Didn’t help us in 2006 or 2011. They still cheated us in 2012. You go out and put the ball in the hoop. If you can’t play because someone is booing you, then you need mental help

spurs10
04-11-2019, 03:51 PM
I hate gsw so much it will be a pleasure to face the Nuggs. wish it was the blazers tho. This

spurraider21
04-11-2019, 04:00 PM
among playoff teams, only detroit has a worse road record than the spurs. we went 16-25 they went 15-26

the nuggets have the best home record in the NBA at 34-7

we're going to need our bench shooters to produce. mills/bertans/marco

exstatic
04-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Is that promised land the parking lot outside of Jack-in-the-Box? :bobo

Seriously, if DeMar stays within the offense he's a serious asset. But LMA needs to be the lead dog on this sleigh ride.

DMo = Donatas Motiejunas

BillMc
04-11-2019, 04:15 PM
DMo = Donatas Motiejunas

Oops. Clearly I was reading too fast for the mind to handle. My bad.

Arcadian
04-11-2019, 04:19 PM
HCA is the most overrated shit in basketball. Every rim is 10 ft and every court is 94 ft in the league. It’s not like the 50s when fans are throwing shit at the players. HCA didn’t help the heat against us in 2013(pop and many did). Didn’t help us in 2006 or 2011. They still cheated us in 2012. You go out and put the ball in the hoop. If you can’t play because someone is booing you, then you need mental help

I agree, yet the Spurs are 32-9 at home and 16-25 on the road. Given that fact, it is reasonable to predict that this trend will likely continue.

spurraider21
04-11-2019, 04:23 PM
ok. neat hypothesis.

now lets run experiments (track every team's home record vs road record).

data shows that every team in the nba has a better home than road record.

data doesnt fit with your hypothesis.

we discard it

rascal
04-11-2019, 06:17 PM
People here are underestimating Denver. They were better than Houston this year. People are so afraid of Harden but the Nuggets are a more balanced team.

rascal
04-11-2019, 06:19 PM
I agree, yet the Spurs are 32-9 at home and 16-25 on the road. Given that fact, it is reasonable to predict that this trend will likely continue.

Playoffs are different than the regular season but history has the home team winning deciding game 7's most of the time.

Philthemage
04-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Lol. Have you watched the games this year? Spurs home vs away games are day and night.

Our shooting becomes atrocious on the road.

in2deep
04-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Extreme homerism is everywhere these days

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2019, 07:28 PM
I give us 10% chance to advance and that's out of respect for Pop and nothing else. At least we avoided having to watch showboating little bitches playing with their mouthguards again, progress.

I hate gsw so much it will be a pleasure to face the Nuggs. wish it was the blazers tho.

Well yeah..

That Sacramento game is hurting more now :lol

ElNono
04-12-2019, 12:25 AM
We just need Patty to run into Jokic's knees in the first game, and that's the series, tbh... we did him a solid already and set up his family for life, so if he dies, he dies. Just needs to take one for the team.

spurs10
04-12-2019, 12:45 AM
I agree, yet the Spurs are 32-9 at home and 16-25 on the road. Given that fact, it is reasonable to predict that this trend will likely continue. That's the difference, not the 'booing.' There is a reason why every team has a better record at home than on the road and it's not the size of the hoop.

spurs10
04-12-2019, 12:49 AM
We just need Patty to run into Jokic's knees in the first game, and that's the series, tbh... we did him a solid already and set up his family for life, so if he dies, he dies. Just needs to take one for the team. This would actually work well! Would he get a flagrant y'think? If he dies his family could make a very nice statue in his honor and still have enough money to live in the penthouse of the highest skyscraper in Sydney! :hat

GAustex
04-12-2019, 12:53 AM
We just need Patty to run into Jokic's knees in the first game, and that's the series, tbh... we did him a solid already and set up his family for life, so if he dies, he dies. Just needs to take one for the team.
Thanks for the laugh

YGWHI
04-12-2019, 11:43 AM
The Spurs are so bad on the road I find it amusing how most people here think they will beat Denver. Yeah, they got lucky how the seeding turned out, but the propability is still quite slim. They will produce one stinker at home where the threes do not fall, so how will they win two of four road games?

They were bad on the road in regular season but I expect Spurs-playoffs can be a different animal

skin27
04-13-2019, 08:28 PM
usually but if we reach the 2nd round, we'd be playing an injured Blazers team or an OKC team we match up well with.

It is what it is..lower seeds always lose in the 2nd round after upseting 1/2 seeds.its very rare for 8/7 seeds to reach the conference finals..

example: 2010 spurs = after beating the 2nd seed Mavs they just got swept by the suns whom they dominated 3 times before(2005, 2007 and 2008)..

for sure a lot of spurs fans expect spurs to beat the suns that year..lol

tmtcsc
04-13-2019, 09:10 PM
I have very little faith in this version of the Spurs. The only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. IF they decide to play defense like they give a f*ck, they can beat or at least hang with anyone. Nothing surprises me with them. Things are aligned nicely for them to reach the WCF if they play up to their potential. If Houston somehow reaches the WCF, I would actually give the Spurs a chance in that series. Or....they could get swept in the first round.

ElNono
04-28-2019, 02:51 AM
Bumping this to both own it and have a good laugh after a disheartening loss, tbh...

The only thing I’ll double down on is that it was a choke...

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 04:59 AM
It is what it is..lower seeds always lose in the 2nd round after upseting 1/2 seeds.its very rare for 8/7 seeds to reach the conference finals..

example: 2010 spurs = after beating the 2nd seed Mavs they just got swept by the suns whom they dominated 3 times before(2005, 2007 and 2008)..

for sure a lot of spurs fans expect spurs to beat the suns that year..lol

The Suns series in 2010 was lost when Pop decided to go with G. Hill as the starter instead of TP.

hater
04-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Looks like everything aligned for the Spurs to reach the WCF, tbh... Denver is probably happy they made the playoffs, and the whole altitude thing might work out for a game or two, but eventually evens out.

OKC and Portland are probably going long in their series, with the guests being perennial chokers and hopefully westbrook running on fumes by the time we get to face them.

Anything but the Conference finals feels like a choke, IMO.

:lmao

SAGirl
04-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Still hurts...

spursistan
04-28-2019, 09:55 PM
Still hurts...

What's up girl? In which Grizzlies forum and under which username are you posting these days? :lol

SAGirl
04-28-2019, 11:11 PM
What's up girl? In which Grizzlies forum and under which username are you posting these days? :lol
Been very low-key all around, pretty casual these days. I Surprised myself getting angry this series and frustrated 4 how casual I had been this season.

spursistan
04-30-2019, 12:03 AM
Denver just beat Portland controlling the entire game..Blazers big rotation is a joke now.

Leave to it to the current bunch of losers in silver and black to blow their best opportunity to reach the West Finals in foreseeable future.

Spurs Homer
04-30-2019, 12:20 AM

we never learn

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2019, 12:45 AM
We would’ve lost to the Blazers as well, don’t fool yourselves

If we couldn’t contain Murray then Lillard would average 60

Our offense and defense were crap