PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Raptors Were (Considerably) Better Without Kawhi This Season

Spurtacular
04-12-2019, 06:28 PM
41-19 (.683) w/Kawhi
17-5 (.773) wo/Kawhi

Mr. Body
04-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Kawhi is going to the Clippers and may not even improve them that much. He left the perfect situation in the Spurs.

DMC
04-12-2019, 09:58 PM
No he's a beast, remember?

lefty
04-12-2019, 10:50 PM
41-19 (.683) w/Kawhi
17-5 (.773) wo/Kawhi

Who were the opponents ?

Spurtacular
04-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Who were the opponents ?

Dunno. Doubt it matters much.

Laker_1995
04-13-2019, 12:10 AM
Kawhi is going to the Clippers and may not even improve them that much. He left the perfect situation in the Spurs.

Facts

Chris
04-13-2019, 02:39 AM
As long as Leonard doesn't ring.

Spurtacular
04-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Kawhi not smart enough to know how a two for one works as he passes up on an open game winning shot from within 17 feet straight on. And then he lets DJ Augustin get an open three for the dagger on the simplest of picks. I can see why the Raptors won more w/o him.

Spurtacular
04-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Kawhi not smart enough to know how a two for one works as he passes up on an open game winning shot from within 17 feet straight on. And then he lets DJ Augustin get an open three for the dagger on the simplest of picks. I can see why the Raptors won more w/o him.

:lmao And then the end of game airball.

Rosewood
04-13-2019, 06:48 PM
Fuck Kawhi Leonard.

tmtcsc
04-13-2019, 06:52 PM

I'm no Kawitter fan but lets not make shit up. He nailed a three to tie the game, made the defensive stop & secured the rebound, goes to the other end of the court and nails the shot to give them the lead. He made a great pass to the open man who missed the 3 pointer. Gasol fucked up on the other end of the floor too. He was late on his close out.

Oh, and fuck Kawhi. He ate another dick today.

Millennial_Messiah
04-13-2019, 06:55 PM

What if Kawhi goes to the Lakers to come off the bench for LeBron?

Spurtacular
04-13-2019, 07:07 PM
I'm no Kawitter fan but lets not make shit up. He nailed a three to tie the game, made the defensive stop & secured the rebound, goes to the other end of the court and nails the shot to give them the lead. He made a great pass to the open man who missed the 3 pointer. Gasol fucked up on the other end of the floor too. He was late on his close out.

Oh, and fuck Kawhi. He ate another dick today.

Yea, he performed from 2:00 to 0:45. Then none of what I said was "making shit up."

Chris Fall
04-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Ok but isn’t Kyle Lowry an all star type player? Isn’t he the de facto leader of the team? Unforgivable to go scoreless, especially when your PG counterpart drops 25 for the Magic. Don’t tell me Kawhi playing was to blame for making Lowry suck that badly.

ambchang
04-13-2019, 08:01 PM
:lol nephew!

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2019, 08:07 PM
rent free

phxspurfan
04-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Well find out next year when Kawhi bolts for LA/NY market

UZER
04-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Worst game Lowry could’ve had to start the playoffs. Hope for Raptor fans that this year will be different has already been ruined.

tmtcsc
04-13-2019, 08:24 PM
Yea, he performed from 2:00 to 0:45. Then none of what I said was "making shit up."

"And then he lets DJ Augustin get an open three for the dagger on the simplest of picks."

They were switching all day. Gasol left Augustine open when he didn't switch fast enough on him. I can see your point though. Former Defensive Player of the Year should have fought harder to stay on Orlando's hottest shooter. An argument could also be made that if you're going to sit out 20 something games with load management, you should also have the nads to take the game winning shot. I thought he made the right play to pass but whatever. They lost and I'm happy.

That was funny, right Kawhi?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e8d916336ec9edcead9a37610dd4230f/tenor.gif?itemid=12579230

lebomb
04-13-2019, 09:16 PM
Y’all are crazy. This game loss wasn’t Kawhi fault. Lowry was 0fer. That’s the difference.

lefty
04-13-2019, 10:30 PM
:lol Kyle Low

Rummpd
04-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Raptors might choke enough to lose epically!

Clipper Nation
04-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Without Kawhi, this Raptors team would struggle to even make the playoffs. Lowry is an absolute bum.

Reck
04-14-2019, 12:16 AM
Without Kawhi, this Raptors team would struggle to even make the playoffs. Lowry is an absolute bum.

:lol Spurfan still mad about Kawhi for doing what he think it's right for him personally.

We have a legitimate beef with him bolting but let's not act like Leonard didn't improved the Raptors chances by a thousand. They went from fringe playoff team to legit threat for a Finals appearance.

Him choking today doesn't change their situation, playoffs wise. It's still a win because instead of watching from home, they're playing today and tomorrow or whenever.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2019, 12:36 AM
No doubt, Kawhi deserves all the criticism for how he left San Antonio. But still, other than Kawhi, the Raptors have nothing other than role players, old fossils, and a morbidly obese fake "star" who chokes in the playoffs on a historic level.

DMC
04-14-2019, 01:10 AM
KL was very efficient but they need him to take over the game if they expect to win. Kyle Lowry has proven to be a fugazi when the playoffs come around.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2019, 01:24 AM
KL was very efficient but they need him to take over the game if they expect to win. Kyle Lowry has proven to be a fugazi when the playoffs come around.

whats funni is he didnt take many shots, while siakram the scrub was taking shots away from him when both are on the court same time

danny green had a good 13pts game, he kept them in the game when they needed a basket... other then that with the blowout lead and crawling it back, they played like shit, especially with lowry who plays no defense, slow to rotate on defense or leaving the rotated player free for a jumpshot

kw780101
04-14-2019, 02:10 AM
So doing what's right for him justifies him fucking over and betraying the team?
You gotta be a pretty shitty person to agree with that.

ambchang
04-14-2019, 10:09 AM

The raptors never have trouble making the playoffs. What nephew gave them is the ability to take over offensively in the playoffs and make them a team that can play that style.

lefty
04-14-2019, 11:12 AM

:lol Spurfan still mad about Kawhi for doing what he think it's right for him personally.

We have a legitimate beef with him bolting but let's not act like Leonard didn't improved the Raptors chances by a thousand. They went from fringe playoff team to legit threat for a Finals appearance.

Him choking today doesn't change their situation, playoffs wise. It's still a win because instead of watching from home, they're playing today and tomorrow or whenever.

DMC
04-14-2019, 11:38 AM
I'd love to see the Raps lose in the 1st round. That would be hilarious.

marinoman
04-14-2019, 12:16 PM
No doubt, Kawhi deserves all the criticism for how he left San Antonio. But still, other than Kawhi, the Raptors have nothing other than role players, old fossils, and a morbidly obese fake "star" who chokes in the playoffs on a historic level.
Lowry is trash in the playoffs, not regular season. I think they would’ve been a top 5 seed

UncleDennis
04-16-2019, 11:48 AM
I hate Leonard but threads like this are more retarded than Leonard's IQ.

Yeah I agree, the only thing I can say negatively about Kawhi is that he should have started taking the game over earlier, ISO ball or not he is so much better then everyone else out there, just kick it up a gear and the magic can't do shit against him...But it's like he didn't realize they were in trouble till the last minute. He's playing like the guy who knows he's the best but is leaving anyways so fuck it whatever happens happens. An efficient 25 is fine and all but reeks of "good enough," against this team he should be pushing past 30 easily.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Lowry is trash in the playoffs, not regular season. I think they would’ve been a top 5 seed

Lowry was trash early on in the regular season this year as well. Without Kawhi there to give them a much greater margin of error, this season would be a whole different story for Toronto.

DAF86
04-16-2019, 01:16 PM
If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, teammates might not get too fond of him, tbh. Aside from his already known non-existing social skills, he will definitely kill the flow of a team that loves playing together and sharing the ball. Kawhi will get there to get all the atention and most of the shots and folks could get jealous.

Of course if the Clippers can get Kawhi, they definitely have to do it, but it might not be as smooth of a ride as expected, tbh.

Stabula
04-16-2019, 04:41 PM
The Raptors aren't going anywhere with or without Kawhi

Arcadian
04-16-2019, 04:54 PM
You can't really conclude that they were worse with him, given the unequal sample sizes, but just the fact that he didn't make them better is damning enough.

Spurtacular
04-16-2019, 06:32 PM
You can't really conclude that they were worse with him, given the unequal sample sizes, but just the fact that he didn't make them better is damning enough.

It's a good sized sample size for the NBA, tbh.

Arcadian
04-16-2019, 06:36 PM
It's a good sized sample size for the NBA, tbh.

It's not that the sample is tiny, but the problem is how different the Ns are for those two samples. For games with him, N=60, but for games without him, N=22. If those numbers were more similar, we might see some regression to the mean.