PDA

View Full Version : Next seasons point guard

Spurs9
04-12-2019, 10:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

"Despite Tony Parker’s contract with the Charlotte Hornets, he stills plans to retire with the San Antonio Spurs.
Tony Parker’s departure from the San Antonio Spurs arguably became the offseason’s most shocking move, and not just for the Silver and Black. The Charlotte Hornets signed him to a two-year, $10 million contract.

This ended Parker’s 17-year run with the Spurs, and off to continue his career somewhere else. Though, San Antonio fans might appreciate where he wants to retire.

In an interview with Hupu.com (with a translation), Parker said he wants to end his career as a Spur, whenever that may happen. “Yes, I will retire as a Spurs player,” said the Frenchman."

https://airalamo.com/2018/08/21/san-antonio-spurs-tony-parker-retirement-plans/

Mr. Body
04-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Could be one of those sign for a day things.

But if we had him and especially him and Ginobili, I'd pick the Spurs over Nugs.

BackHome
04-12-2019, 10:57 PM
I am sure he get the sign for a week and throw retirement party I am cool with that.

spursparker9
04-12-2019, 11:10 PM
D-Wade also pull the same stunt. Went to Chicago then Cleveland and finally back to retire in Miami

Enrique can totally pull the same thing off

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Better than Murray and White tbh. Our record with him starting last year vs Murray starting speaks for itself.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2019, 11:28 PM
I hope he retires asap, he's had a great career, there's no need to embarrass himself any further..

Getting benched by an East lottery team will be a reality check, hopefully, that hurt me as a basketball fan..he doesn't need the money..

apalisoc_9
04-12-2019, 11:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

"Despite Tony Parker’s contract with the Charlotte Hornets, he stills plans to retire with the San Antonio Spurs.
Tony Parker’s departure from the San Antonio Spurs arguably became the offseason’s most shocking move, and not just for the Silver and Black. The Charlotte Hornets signed him to a two-year, $10 million contract.

This ended Parker’s 17-year run with the Spurs, and off to continue his career somewhere else. Though, San Antonio fans might appreciate where he wants to retire.

In an interview with Hupu.com (with a translation), Parker said he wants to end his career as a Spur, whenever that may happen. “Yes, I will retire as a Spurs player,” said the Frenchman."

https://airalamo.com/2018/08/21/san-antonio-spurs-tony-parker-retirement-plans/

I hope he retires. He needs to leave the game at high note. Tony Parker is no doubt the third greatest spur of all time though.

They can sign him on a 10 day contract and allow him to score 70 pts imo.

Third Greatest spur of all time.

gambit1990
04-13-2019, 12:01 AM
good news guys:

"My jersey will be retired in San Antonio, surely, but that's why there was a little misunderstanding when I was in China. They said I was going to finish my career with the Spurs, but what I was saying in fact is that my jersey will be hanging out there. Otherwise, as a player, go play, it's over with the Spurs."

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/parker-says-retiring-a-spur-was-misunderstood-spurs-offered-same-deal-as-hornets

SupremeGuy
04-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Could be one of those sign for a day things.

But if we had him and especially him and Ginobili, I'd pick the Spurs over Nugs.Current TP and Manu? Damn man, whatever you're on hook me up.

RC_Drunkford
04-13-2019, 07:35 AM
He said in his Hornets exit interview he's 50/50 about retiring or coming back. I'd say trade Patty Mills and sign Parker for the minimum. That way you keep leadership and corporate knowledge for 12 million $ less

SpaceCoast Spursfan
04-13-2019, 09:39 AM
I could actually see TP being a little better next year. He started the season pretty strong, then regressed. He came back quickly for a quad rupture especially considering his age. With the reduced minutes this year, more rest, and another off-season to train he may regain some quickness/explosiveness or at least be better able to sustain a decent level of play for entire season.

Mr. Body
04-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Current TP and Manu? Damn man, whatever you're on hook me up.

Yeah, absolutely. Spurs are missing something and vets on the bench would be a big boost.

jjktkk
04-13-2019, 10:08 AM
The reason Tony left was there wasn't going to be enough minutes for him, which will be the same problem going forward next season.

R. DeMurre
04-13-2019, 10:37 AM
That ship has sailed.

JeffDuncan
04-13-2019, 10:51 AM
OP is a faggot.

DAF86
04-13-2019, 10:59 AM
The reason Tony left was there wasn't going to be enough minutes for him, which will be the same problem going forward next season.

Instead of not playing in Charlotte, he might prefer not playing in San Antonio and officially retire a Spur.

wildbill2u
04-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Tony could really help train our very young guards if he is willing to take a bench role to retire here. I think he may have a few minutes a game left with the old magic In any event, I'd like to see him retire as a Spur, even if it was on a ten day contract. Spurs have a good track record with helping vets retire in Johnny Moore and a guard I can't remember who needed a few more games to qualify for a NBA pension.

Bring the last of the Big Three home and raise the jersey to the rafters.

K...
04-13-2019, 12:05 PM
I would love some November Parker, but it's not realistic to expect him to be a net positive all year long. If he agreed to be our 15th, and then retire before the ASB that'd be cool.

But that doesn't happen much and unlike Miami we have good prospects that are already getting big minutes. I think having Gino for so long ruined Mills's ability to be a PG. Would not want hots doing the same.

lebomb
04-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Love Tony, but time to move on period. White will be even better next year.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
04-13-2019, 08:02 PM
I could actually see TP being a little better next year. He started the season pretty strong, then regressed. He came back quickly for a quad rupture especially considering his age. With the reduced minutes this year, more rest, and another off-season to train he may regain some quickness/explosiveness or at least be better able to sustain a decent level of play for entire season.At this age he will never regain quickness or explosiveness if anything he'll lose even more.

YGWHI
04-13-2019, 09:16 PM
It seems like Pop won't do the ultimate gesture for TP... He could call him to TP as a Spur but it's very unlike now. Sad but at same time understandable.

Gagnrath
04-13-2019, 09:21 PM
How about a 10 day just before the all-star break and a vet min a few days before the play-offs and be at practice and sit behind the bench as a coach during games that way he can be signed and added to play-off roster if things are lacking.