PDA

View Full Version : No respect - current line per ESPN

Rummpd
04-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Spurs getting 7 against Nuggets tomorrow night. I bet the series driving to a sports book in WV but wish I could get to a legal book to get some of this action. Spurs are the better team!

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401126828

Spurtacular
04-15-2019, 05:31 PM
TBH, not that bad of a line. I would've set it at 4.5 to 5.5 maybe. Sure, the Spurs might win even. But they're on the road against a team that is better than them in that building and will have gotten over some of their playoff jitters.

exstatic
04-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Spurs getting 7 against Nuggets tomorrow night. I bet the series driving to a sports book in WV but wish I could get to a legal book to get some of this action. Spurs are the better team!

That's not how a betting line is set. In fact, it almost doesn't matter. The house sets the line such that money comes down as close to even on both teams as possible. I'm thinking that after SA won game one, most people are betting on DEN for game two, so they had to sweeten the pot just a bit to get some SA bets.

Spurtacular
04-15-2019, 05:34 PM
The extra night rest goes in the Spurs favor, imo.

Rummpd
04-15-2019, 05:37 PM
That's not how a betting line is set. In fact, it almost doesn't matter. The house sets the line such that money comes down as close to even on both teams as possible. I'm thinking that after SA won game one, most people are betting on DEN for game two, so they had to sweeten the pot just a bit to get some SA bets.

True to some extant but still favoring Denver too much

Johnsyounger
04-15-2019, 05:39 PM
I dunno, it not a good game to bet. Spurs could lose by 15 or win by 6....

Mugen
04-15-2019, 05:40 PM
Denver should cover that easily tbh

GusT15
04-15-2019, 05:54 PM

Bingo.It has nothing to do with respect.Everybody and their mother is taking Denver ML and the spread is set accordingly.

Spurs won one on the road-unconvincingly for betting factors-so the point spread was gonna go up.

Also don't bet with emotion people,the book is not telling "your team sucks",he just wants your money,he'll make a profit either way.

TimmyBuckets
04-15-2019, 06:16 PM
Game 2 at home and they lost g1. Best home team in league, SA worst road team in West playoffs, and Nugs just lost. Not a crazy line.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
04-15-2019, 06:24 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401126828 Actually I think the Spurs lose by more than 7

Russ
04-15-2019, 06:37 PM
The line for the first game was 6.

Ii should be higher for this Denver must win game.

The fact that it's only one point higher actually shows some respect.

rascal
04-15-2019, 06:44 PM

Denver by at least 10 tomorrow. This will be the biggest blowout of the series. The Spurs already got the split they wanted and Denver playing at a higher level in not having a good game last time out.

ElNono
04-15-2019, 06:47 PM
OP has a hot wife

Robz4000
04-15-2019, 06:49 PM

This. Denver will be desperate and the Spurs already accomplished their goal (Spurs of old would go for the kill but this team will be content with getting one game). Spurs should be able to win the series regardless now.

Robz4000
04-15-2019, 06:49 PM

This. Denver will be desperate and the Spurs already accomplished their goal (Spurs of old would go for the kill but this team will be content with getting one game). Spurs should be able to win the series regardless now.

rascal
04-15-2019, 06:51 PM
Bet
Denver Gm 2
Spurs Gm 3
Denver Gm 4

Strategic
04-15-2019, 07:08 PM
So what, Spurs still have plenty of proving to do.

monty4329
04-16-2019, 08:18 AM

It is good line to split the bettors camp.
We know nothing about Denver in playoffs yet, only that they missed the last shot after missing everything the whole game. They can easily win by 20 or piss their pants and lose another one at home and by a good margin. If it goes down the wire they are favorite though, so the line makes a lot of sense.

Donatas Motiejunas
04-16-2019, 08:52 AM
Raptors-Magic surprisingly not NBA TV series, but Spurs-Nuggets are haHAA

Speaking about disrespect

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Raptors-Magic surprisingly not NBA TV series, but Spurs-Nuggets are haHAA

Speaking about disrespect

Game 1 of Spurs/Nuggets had some god awful basketball being played if we are being honest

look_at_g_shred
04-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Game 1 of Spurs/Nuggets had some god awful basketball being played if we are being honest
Where's the game thread?

NameLess Scrub
04-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Fluky game 1. Nuggets still in 5
Still better than watching the warriors flop, run moving screens and dance.

sananspursfan21
04-16-2019, 11:50 AM
Spurs are a much better coached team. Although I think the Joker is somewhat overrated, the Nuggets still are more talented overall. They have a few “I wish they were Spurs” on that team. No matter how far our guys go, they’ll always be the least talented. Our fighting chance lies in Pop’s coaching and Derozan having something to prove.

DPG21920
04-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Tbh this should be a game where Denver kills SA. If they don’t it bodes well.

Denver will shoot better and has a lot of headroom still; so does SA with LMA

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Somewhat..it's about balancing the action, but usually between the public vs. sharps/whales..there are often instances where both are on the same side and Vegas has massive liability..

It was an interesting discussion before the series, a couple of house players I know were going big on Denver due to being undervalued, but I completely disagreed(although I didn't want to take the Spurs, either)