PDA

View Full Version : Tbh, The spurs don't deserve popovich

Spurtacular
04-16-2019, 10:40 PM
Flawed coach but hes done everything to help this team. Def a huge part of why the spurs why the spurs are in the driver's seat to win this series vs nuggets.

People dont understand he's actually been dealing with age and injuries. Without Popovich, spurs dont make the playoff.

Stop whinning spursfans and respect popovich. He doesnt need all the negativity specially with his wife dying recently.

EmantheSpursFan
04-16-2019, 10:52 PM
Agreed, we’re spoiled. All time win leader, let’s show some respect.

ducks
04-16-2019, 10:57 PM
If he can not handle it he can help the poor and not white privileged people
Since he thinks whites are
And not take the spurs money

He is robbing the spurs if his age and wife death he can not
cope with. It is just not basketball for sports fans

Do something like David Robinson
Notice David does not go around bashing the president

tim_duncan_fan
04-16-2019, 10:57 PM
Pop is great. His best guys, who he has to depend on in crunch time, are a bit ditzy. Not much to be done.

ducks
04-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Go to the lakers and see if he is a great coach
James and pop can just talk how great Hillary Clinton is
Since basketball is not important

Twisted_Dawg
04-16-2019, 11:03 PM
I bet he fucks up that Olympic team.

RD2191
04-16-2019, 11:09 PM

:lmao

tknapp777
04-16-2019, 11:10 PM
He’s ridden the backs of all-time greats. He failed tonight.

LCM
04-16-2019, 11:35 PM
This game is why the Holt children, who are the owners now, need to tell Pop things are going to work differently when the season is over. Whenever that may happen. Pop will not be in charge of the draft, fa, or trades, period. Brent Berry has been getting groomed to take over, he can start this off season. Pop will just coach in the final year of his contract, he doesn't like it, there is the door.

Personally, if I were them, I'd set the tone right now. You give Pop the respect of being upfront and honest of what you expect from him, and have him understand what just happened tonight with his coaching was unacceptable! You have a chance to be up 2-0, taking both games on the road, heading to your gym with a great opportunity to end the series early and rest up for the winner of OKC/Portland and you blow it!! He is not immune to being put in his place when he screws up by the people who sign his paychecks!!

Regardless of what he's done in the past, right now the Spurs are in a bracket against teams they can beat to get to the WCF! That is a real possibility! Regardless of accomplishments, right now he has to do a better job of managing this team at crucial times in games! And regardless of what power he may think he has, Pop needs to be reminded that he isn't the ultimate boss, and even he can get his ass chewed by the piss poor coaching performance he just put on.

Spurtacular
04-17-2019, 12:21 AM
This game is why the Holt children, who are the owners now, need to tell Pop things are going to work differently when the season is over. Whenever that may happen. Pop will not be in charge of the draft, fa, or trades, period. Brent Berry has been getting groomed to take over, he can start this off season. Pop will just coach in the final year of his contract, he doesn't like it, there is the door.

Personally, if I were them, I'd set the tone right now. You give Pop the respect of being upfront and honest of what you expect from him, and have him understand what just happened tonight with his coaching was unacceptable! You have a chance to be up 2-0, taking both games on the road, heading to your gym with a great opportunity to end the series early and rest up for the winner of OKC/Portland and you blow it!! He is not immune to being put in his place when he screws up by the people who sign his paychecks!!

Regardless of what he's done in the past, right now the Spurs are in a bracket against teams they can beat to get to the WCF! That is a real possibility! Regardless of accomplishments, right now he has to do a better job of managing this team at crucial times in games! And regardless of what power he may think he has, Pop needs to be reminded that he isn't the ultimate boss, and even he can get his ass chewed by the piss poor coaching performance he just put on.

Perfect example of how pop deserves better from ST posters. GOAT gonna steer the ship. If you don't like it, there's the door.

R to the P McMurphy
04-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Pop is great. His best guys, who he has to depend on in crunch time, are a bit ditzy. Not much to be done.

'nuff said.

LCM
04-17-2019, 12:40 AM
Perfect example of how pop deserves better from ST posters. GOAT gonna steer the ship. If you don't like it, there's the door.

So accountability for GOAT coach is frowned apon? Only the players should be held accountable? For all the times he yelled at Tony! For all the times he yelled at Manu! For benching Tim in Game 6 Finals 2013 not once but fucking twice in the closing minute of that game!!! This club will be here long after this man is gone! But while he is here he should get a dose of what he does to his players when they make mistakes!! And if the GOAT coach should protest, heaven forbid, he can be told the same thing he told Danny Green, and shut his fucking mouth, sit down, and take it!!

MultiTroll
04-17-2019, 12:41 AM
Bravo! Oh ohhh ohhhh that was such a strong post by you.
Let me show you the door Mister to Hearthstone bakerycafe. A group of Pop supports is meeting there tonight and the next three nights to have crumpets and tea while celebrating the NBAs greatest coach eva.

http://www.hearthstonebakerycafe.com/

Proxy
04-17-2019, 12:42 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

r0drig0lac
04-17-2019, 05:31 AM

please man, Pop is bigger than this franchise (agreeing or not) and he will leave whenever and however he wishes.

JeffDuncan
04-17-2019, 11:07 AM
please man, Pop is bigger than this franchise (agreeing or not) and he will leave whenever and however he wishes.

Apart from this franchise Pop is not anything.

Oh, wait, I beg your pardon, he's a former coach at Pomona-Pitzer.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2019, 11:08 AM
OP is a liberal, so no surprise

bic50
04-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Dennis the Menace
04-17-2019, 12:56 PM

This is all that needs to be said.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-17-2019, 01:08 PM

Kinda looking forward to it lol

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-17-2019, 01:10 PM
So accountability for GOAT coach is frowned apon? Only the players should be held accountable? For all the times he yelled at Tony! For all the times he yelled at Manu! For benching Tim in Game 6 Finals 2013 not once but fucking twice in the closing minute of that game!!! This club will be here long after this man is gone! But while he is here he should get a dose of what he does to his players when they make mistakes!! And if the GOAT coach should protest, heaven forbid, he can be told the same thing he told Danny Green, and shut his fucking mouth, sit down, and take it!!