PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments for Pop

Dennis the Menace
04-16-2019, 11:19 PM
- More Poetl, less Rudy
- More Bertans, less Rudy
- Lonnie Walker over Mills and Marco (this is Derrick White 2.0 from last year)
- More Aldridge in the post & kick outs, less iso
- Stop double teaming Jokic

Am I missing anything? Besides apologizing to the team, which I’m not sure he’s ever done in his career

FkLA
04-16-2019, 11:24 PM
-Have one of Demar-White on the floor at all times.
-Play the your 3 top guys 40 minutes. WTF are you saving them for?
-Leave his pet at his house crated up.

TDMVPDPOY
the chances of crater playing a rookie significant minutes in playoffs is nil... in year 2? said player will even be lucky to get more then scrub minutes

HarlemHeat37
His rotations were the only issue, I wouldn't change anything strategic, yet..Denver has looked shaky this entire series outside of Murray's hot stretch..

I wouldn't give up on Gay prematurely, either..if he's struggling, then yes, but at his age and considering his injuries, I'd see how he's feeling in the first half before reducing his minutes..

DPG21920
04-16-2019, 11:26 PM
His rotations were the only issue, I wouldn't change anything strategic, yet..Denver has looked shaky this entire series outside of Murray's hot stretch..

I wouldn't give up on Gay prematurely, either..if he's struggling, then yes, but at his age and considering his injuries, I'd see how he's feeling in the first half before reducing his minutes..

Exactly. The game plan was fine. It won game 1 and should have won game 2. It was his atrocious lineups that did the team in. Fix that and you win.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-16-2019, 11:26 PM
#1 Adjustment

-Getting over himself

Mugen
04-16-2019, 11:27 PM
yeah there's really no big adjustments, Denver didn't do anything series altering....

Spurs should win the series unless Pop neuters DWhite, refuses to shorten the rotation as an in-game adjustment...

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did either of those things :lol

UZER
04-16-2019, 11:27 PM
Let White run the team the in the fourth quarter. Get the ball out of Demars hands to start the offense for God’s sake.

Capt Bringdown
04-16-2019, 11:30 PM

Agreed. Gay was surgical in game 1, comical in game 2. "If he's struggling..." Well, there's the rub: there's certain players that Pop throws minutes at no matter what.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-16-2019, 11:35 PM
At home the role players will shoot better. The spurs are the better team, patty just let that scrub Murray get hot.

Mugen
04-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Look - PATFO (& Dejounte's injury) constructed the roster in a way that at least 2 of Mills / Forbes / Beli have to play well to beat even mediocre teams like the Nuggets.

It's not rocket science, if those guys can't step up at home then the Spurs will lose, simple as that....

objective
04-16-2019, 11:46 PM
:Pop:

Adjustment 1 : "Guys need to make shots"

Adjustment 2 : "We have to get stops"

Rusty
04-16-2019, 11:56 PM
have Derrick White be the closer. I am sick of Derozen choking every god damn time near the endof 4th quarter

Dennis the Menace
04-17-2019, 12:09 AM
Derrick’s shooting
Game 1: 7/10
Game 2: 7/11

Any decent coach is going to feed the hot hand & have the offense flow through him. Not Pop though

itzsoweezee
04-17-2019, 12:10 AM

The Gay, DeRozan, White, Aldridge, Forbes/Mills lineup is not scoring on anyone. The problem isn't just playing Gay, it's the lineup. Bertans over Gay in that lineup would actually be competitive.

r0drig0lac
04-17-2019, 05:18 AM
#1 Adjustment

-Getting over himself

8FOR!3
04-17-2019, 09:15 AM
Rudy Gay has been struggling but he's probably just going through a slump I'd like to think he's due for a big game. It's not like he stayed in rough stretches for long amounts of time throughout the season.

RC_Drunkford
04-17-2019, 11:01 AM
#1 Adjustment

-Getting over himself

this more than anything. Never takes the blame when he makes clear mistakes that everybody can see from their TV screen. Then goes and blames the players for him stinking up the job.

-Have one of Demar-White on the floor at all times.
-Play the your 3 top guys 40 minutes. WTF are you saving them for?
-Leave his pet at his house crated up.

this also

UncleDennis
04-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Do we have to continue doubling Jokic, we are treating him like he is Jordan. I still think that if we lose the series it'll be because of how well we deal with Harris and Murray and/or a Barton-Beasley type that just finds the magic against the spurs. Those fancy passes that Jokic will throw won't be as pretty when everyone else isn't getting wide open looks and all the extra time to drive and collapse everyone. Let Aldridge and Jacob hang with Jokic as best they can, throw a double at him occasionally but commit to making everyone take tough shots and live with the results. Denver on the other hand is moving and defending all our guys really tightly.

Quicker substitutions would help too, it was pretty evident that the Rudy Gay of game one was not available for game 2. Also just because they gain a small lead, they should continue to attack the basket aggressively, and not continue to bail out Denver with those long difficult two's.

Obviously these guys are pretty proficient at the long difficult two but I'm just saying it shouldn't be the first mode of attack especially with how handsy and foul prone Denver is, drive it and prod the defense make them work, get the drive/foul or kick out and move it around but that early clock just inside the 3 point line jumper really allows Denver to run downhill and sparked so many runs last night.

I expect the "others" to play better at home. This Spurs team is obviously a flawed animal but this Denver team has to be one of the worst 2 seeds I've seen in the west in forever, they don't give up I'll give them that but if Murray doesn't go nuclear at the exact right time they were probably on there way to getting swept in the first round by this watered down version of the Spurs. Who knows now, but this team is extremely beatable. Should make for an entertaining rest of the way.

$pursDynasty
04-18-2019, 09:12 AM
does Pop make adjustments? It just seems that in this playoff series at least he is approaching it like he approached the regular season, I haven't noticed anything substantially different from regular season Pop to playofff Pop. Now I admit so far it has been successful, it has gotten us a split on the road and we very nearly had a sweep on their court so there is that but when it comes to rotations and strategies has anyone noticed anything different that I am missing? Is this a matter of him being stubborn/set in his ways or is it more there is no need to change until they show they have figured what we are doing out?

MultiTroll
04-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Having to do more then roll the ball out to Timmy Duncan / 100% Kwa has Crater baffled.

illusioNtEk
04-18-2019, 02:27 PM
:Pop:

Adjustment 1 : "Guys need to make shots"

Adjustment 2 : "We have to get stops"

:rollin

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-18-2019, 10:29 PM
Fantastic adjustments by Pop and the coaches. If they can find a way to survive the Patty-Beli-Gay unit they'll be in a great shape.

ducks
04-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Becky must have said I suck your balls attack the paint
She did and it worked

DAF86
04-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Stop subbing White with 5 minutes to go in the first and third quarters and we should win every game by 20+.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Stop subbing White with 5 minutes to go in the first and third quarters and we should win every game by 20+.

Agreed

Immortal Spur
04-18-2019, 10:37 PM

I don't think he's comfortable playing Millsap in the block and I feel it's really disturbing his rhythm. If you played him as SF with bigs and let him bully smaller players that could get him back.. but it's really irrelevant. He's a utility player in this series.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2019, 10:41 PM
I don't think he's comfortable playing Millsap in the block and I feel it's really disturbing his rhythm. If you played him as SF with bigs and let him bully smaller players that could get him back.. but it's really irrelevant. He's a utility player in this series.

True, Millsap has been their only matchup problem in the series..no adjustment needed for the Spurs, though, Millsap doesn't have enough volume, stamina or ability to carry a team..

There's really nothing Denver can do to adjust IMO..they're a volume chucking team that relies on a bad shots to go in and non-shooters to make shots..if they make them like Murray did in game 2, you live with it..

Immortal Spur
04-18-2019, 10:51 PM
True, Millsap has been their only matchup problem in the series..no adjustment needed for the Spurs, though, Millsap doesn't have enough volume, stamina or ability to carry a team..

There's really nothing Denver can do to adjust IMO..they're a volume chucking team that relies on a bad shots to go in and non-shooters to make shots..if they make them like Murray did in game 2, you live with it..

yeah i must say, your assessment after game 2 was spot on while the cliff jumpers flying