PDA

View Full Version : Spurs wiill lose tonight (Game 3) by 17 points

tmtcsc
04-18-2019, 05:16 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Why will the Spurs lose by such a large margin?

1. They are & have been a poor defensive team all year. You don't change your identity overnight. The Spurs won the first playoff game because the Nuggets missed open shots. It had very little to do with the Spurs' defense. The Nuggets were also anxious & excited because most had never been in a playoff game before. Their shot selection at times was rushed.

2. The jitters are gone. It took just over a game and a half but the Nuggets (especially Murray) broke through their nerves and found their game. Its motion, its ball movement and its getting good looks. I expect the Nuggets' guards to go off tonight, just not Murray.

3. Spurs will be complacent. The Spurs did what they had to do, right? They won a game on the road & stole home court advantage. Even though this is a veteran laden team, they've proven to be mentally weak. I see them feeling like the home wins are a foregone conclusion and coming out lacking a sense of urgency & commitment. They'll get down, take a while to get back in to it, close the gap and then gas out. It may seem crazy but the Nuggets will feel less pressure not being at home & in front of their own crowd. They'll be galvanized & focused on getting at least one game back.

I hope I'm dead wrong and the Spurs play with intensity (like they did a handful of times this year against Toronto, Milwaukee and Golden State). Otherwise, they will be in danger of losing 2 games at home and the Gentleman's sweep will be in effect. This isn't cliff-jumping, melt-down, reactionary talk. This is - I've tuned in this year and these Spurs don't have the drive or winning mentality to take care of business. They don't possess the sort of desire we've seen from Spurs teams of the past to get the job done and take / keep control.

RC_Drunkford
04-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Spurs will win by 17

Dex
04-18-2019, 05:23 PM
I'm going to take both offsetting bets. Spurs and Nuggets will complete the first ever tie-game in NBA history.

LittleCriminal
04-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Spurs by 6pts..book it!!

MultiTroll
04-18-2019, 05:26 PM
FOH.
Spurs by 5 or more.

GusT15
04-18-2019, 05:27 PM
If i bet 10$ at Nuggets by 17 right now i'm getting a 150$ profit.

Thanks OP!

Raven
04-18-2019, 05:30 PM
they better not

r0drig0lac
04-18-2019, 05:37 PM
ok

Splits
04-18-2019, 06:05 PM
wrong, 15

timtonymanu
04-18-2019, 06:08 PM
OP makes solid points. This team is Jekyll and Hyde. It’s simple, they show up they win. They play like they have for most of the season (where they don’t have urgency) and they will be outclassed.

paperboy77
04-18-2019, 06:18 PM
They may lose tonight but not because Denver’s some great team. Could go either way. Home crowd better bring that shit!

Back to Denver though, they only won 6 more than us. They easily coulda lost 3 of those and we coulda won 3. They aren’t some powerhouse.

If we lose it could be due to dumbass coaching.

KimmyGib
04-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Home team wins out from here. Spurs in 6.

bklynspursfan
04-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Our bench/shooters are due a big game. Think that happens tonight and we roll em .

NASpurs
04-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Shit, I believe they could win by 15 or lose by 15.

Rummpd
04-18-2019, 06:48 PM
I thought Spurs would beat 7 point spread last game and they choked away game and that. Spurs should win by five and cover but with this team and coach would not go out on a limb for them

Dex
04-18-2019, 06:50 PM
My suggestion: just watch the game and see what happens.

But then couldn't come on here and try to brag about being right about their own team losing.

daslicer
04-18-2019, 06:53 PM

But then couldn't come on here and try to brag about being right about their own team losing.

For me win or lose I'm just enjoying these games. Spurs have a chance in every game they play the nuggets and that's all you can hope for considering their seeding position.

Shakril
04-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Spurs controlled both game. In the 2nd Game they got complacent 2 TIMES!! and Denver still needed an Hero Effort from Murray. I am confident that Spurs both Home games.

Spurs Homer
04-18-2019, 07:14 PM
The two games I've seen -the spurs look like the better team who just took their foot off the gas and then got a little rattled and then some home cooking hit all at once...

but I think tonight they go back to their game plan with a tweak or two and begin to reassert their advantages and slowly gain an edge and complete their mission...

it might still go 6 games with both teams stumbling a little - but after 6 games the Spurs will prevail.

Book it.

tmtcsc
04-18-2019, 08:19 PM

But then couldn't come on here and try to brag about being right about their own team losing..

No bragging. It feels like a kick to the gut because I’ve seen this before. When the shots are falling offensively, they give themselves a chance. If not, they can’t grind out a win with their defense. Their opponent has to fail or miss. That’s a sick feeling.

Dex
04-18-2019, 08:42 PM

No bragging. It feels like a kick to the gut because I’ve seen this before. When the shots are falling offensively, they give themselves a chance. If not, they can’t grind out a win with their defense. Their opponent has to fail or miss. That’s a sick feeling.

I know what you are saying...but that's sports.

We were damn lucky to be contenders for ~20 years. That wasn't bound to last forever.

Now, we get to experience what 26-27 fanbases have felt every year over that timeframe.

It sucks...but that's life After Duncan.

timtonymanu
04-18-2019, 08:50 PM
OP being proven right so far

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2019, 10:13 PM
OP being proven right so far

Even if the Spurs lose, OP's points were mostly dumb and inaccurate:lol

Mr. Body
04-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Only off by 27 points.

Nobull
04-18-2019, 10:29 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Why will the Spurs lose by such a large margin?

1. They are & have been a poor defensive team all year. You don't change your identity overnight. The Spurs won the first playoff game because the Nuggets missed open shots. It had very little to do with the Spurs' defense. The Nuggets were also anxious & excited because most had never been in a playoff game before. Their shot selection at times was rushed.

2. The jitters are gone. It took just over a game and a half but the Nuggets (especially Murray) broke through their nerves and found their game. Its motion, its ball movement and its getting good looks. I expect the Nuggets' guards to go off tonight, just not Murray.

3. Spurs will be complacent. The Spurs did what they had to do, right? They won a game on the road & stole home court advantage. Even though this is a veteran laden team, they've proven to be mentally weak. I see them feeling like the home wins are a foregone conclusion and coming out lacking a sense of urgency & commitment. They'll get down, take a while to get back in to it, close the gap and then gas out. It may seem crazy but the Nuggets will feel less pressure not being at home & in front of their own crowd. They'll be galvanized & focused on getting at least one game back.

I hope I'm dead wrong and the Spurs play with intensity (like they did a handful of times this year against Toronto, Milwaukee and Golden State). Otherwise, they will be in danger of losing 2 games at home and the Gentleman's sweep will be in effect. This isn't cliff-jumping, melt-down, reactionary talk. This is - I've tuned in this year and these Spurs don't have the drive or winning mentality to take care of business. They don't possess the sort of desire we've seen from Spurs teams of the past to get the job done and take / keep control.

Wow you were really wrong.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2019, 10:30 PM
Why do posters keep thinking that the Nuggets missing open shots is some fluke? They don't have any good shooters outside of Beasley:lol they can miss shots all series, their team is mostly volume chuckers..they have to hope that players like Murray go off like in game 2..

tmtcsc
04-18-2019, 10:44 PM
I’m glad I was wrong tonight. Derrick White’s emergence has been the best story of this season. The team needed every bit of him tonight.

spurs10
04-18-2019, 11:11 PM
I’m glad I was wrong tonight. Derrick White’s emergence has been the best story of this season. The team needed every bit of him tonight. Good reverse jinx! How about a thread we lose Game 4 by 25?

RD2191
04-18-2019, 11:12 PM
OP is a huge faggot

paperboy77
04-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Derrick White didn’t allow Pop to fuck this one up. Tried though at about the 2:35 mark in q1.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2019, 11:22 PM
Great call. :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2019, 12:12 AM
Dumb fans are dumb.

RC_Drunkford
04-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Spurs will win by 17

:wakeup garbage time made it closer than it was

tmtcsc
04-20-2019, 09:48 AM
OP is a huge faggot

Rob, we've been over this before. YOU - tossing my salad doesn't make me a faggot, it makes you my bitch. Now go put your lipstick and pink panties on. The GIMP wants his turn - and he prefers syrup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwN9TsK4lo

RD2191
04-20-2019, 01:46 PM
Rob, we've been over this before. YOU - tossing my salad doesn't make me a faggot, it makes you my bitch. Now go put your lipstick and pink panties on. The GIMP wants his turn - and he prefers syrup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwN9TsK4lo

This might be the gayest post ever.

tmtcsc
04-20-2019, 08:38 PM
This might be the gayest post ever.

Every post you contribute is filled with wet-farted homo juice. Admit it, you cum-gurgling giggler, this thread was spinning around in your head when the Spurs were getting their asses handed to them. Sucks to be right about this team. The only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. No identity, no leadership, no nothing. Just a bunch of dudes who can sometimes shoot. Derrick White had a bad game but he's a second year player. That shit happens. Derozan, Gay & Aldridge? No excuse.