PDA

View Full Version : Derrick White doesn't deserve this

Kobe'sAchilles
04-18-2019, 09:02 PM
White is clearly the only player that can consistently beat his man off the dribble and score. But he has to give the ball up to DDR or LMA just for them to shoot contested fade away 2 pointers. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Duncan and Tony were legitimately happy when Manu would have a great game and go hero mode and drop 35. White has to feed his teammates or else they will sulk about their touches. He should have more shot attempts than this. He's 7-8 for crying out loud!

On a sidenote- :lol at SpurPadre and his White hate. The dude is starting next year.

spursparker9
04-18-2019, 09:05 PM
So White or Murray as starting PG next year?

DAF86
04-18-2019, 09:12 PM
If Pop doesn't play White 20 minutes in the second half I'm going to lose it.

apalisoc_9
04-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Watch pop bench him for patty :lol

spursparker9
04-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Like a young Kawhi

GusT15
04-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Is this the place where we lose our shit about how White is playing?

ceperez
04-18-2019, 09:14 PM
White is clearly the only player that can consistently beat his man off the dribble and score. But he has to give the ball up to DDR or LMA just for them to shoot contested fade away 2 pointers. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Duncan and Tony were legitimately happy when Manu would have a great game and go hero mode and drop 35. White has to feed his teammates or else they will sulk about their touches. He should have more shot attempts than this. He's 7-8 for crying out loud!

On a sidenote- :lol at SpurPadre and his White hate. The dude is starting next year.

I agree. I don't know why DeRozan and Aldridge keep taking shots even though their percentages aren't elite.

urunobili
04-18-2019, 09:14 PM
I think we found the starting PG ladies and gents... I mean if Dejounte comes to light even better than before, more power to us, but darn; White is coming to light!!!

Nathan89
04-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Should have forced kawhi to play for us instead trading for a 30yo 2nd rate all-star.

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Second year player teaching these 30yr old losers how to attack the paint and expose their non-existent interior d

Mr. Body
04-18-2019, 09:22 PM
Should have forced kawhi to play for us instead trading for a 30yo 2nd rate all-star.

That's fucking stupid. Your sig is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen, too, by the way. Just whiny titty baby crap.

Twisted_Dawg
04-18-2019, 09:26 PM

Or had taken that Clipper offer, or the best offer from Philly. But not trading for a head case that cant shoot a 3 and can't play defense. Worst trade in Spurs history.

Millennial_Messiah
04-18-2019, 09:28 PM

White/Murray can be the slightly taller version of Parker/Manu

Nathan89
That's fucking stupid. Your sig is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen, too, by the way. Just whiny titty baby crap.

Cry some more.

Millennial_Messiah

:lmao as if libtards aren't worse at whining

Mr. Body
04-18-2019, 09:29 PM
Cry some more.

No, I'm serious. It's real "I'm a baby alt-right incel. I fear mass mayocide. I'm a fucking imbecile with no real accomplishments in my life." It's pretty sad.

Mr. Body
04-18-2019, 09:33 PM
:lmao as if libtards aren't worse at whining

Ah, another snowflake. This whiny ass Trumptard's first image in his sig is whining about being unfriended by people. What a fucking dope. All you toads. Fucking worthless as human beings.

KDKSpurs24
04-18-2019, 09:38 PM
Fuck all that. This isn’t old school. Paul and Harden splits the ball plenty. I’m just happy to have both guys. They’ll make it work.

Note: It all equals up to 48 mins of good point guard play

Millennial_Messiah
04-18-2019, 10:06 PM
Ah, another snowflake. This whiny ass Trumptard's first image in his sig is whining about being unfriended by people. What a fucking dope. All you toads. Fucking worthless as human beings.

Respect our President or GTFO the county, kthxdie.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-18-2019, 10:09 PM
Nice to see White have 26 first half points only for him to have ONE shot attempt so far in the second half. While LMA is taking fade aways and off balanced finger rolls :lol

Mr. Body
04-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Respect our President or GTFO the county, kthxdie.

You mean Putin, right? :lol

Nathan89
04-18-2019, 10:29 PM
No, I'm serious. It's real "I'm a baby alt-right incel. I fear mass mayocide. I'm a fucking imbecile with no real accomplishments in my life." It's pretty sad.

You being serious changes everything.:lmao

Millennial_Messiah
04-18-2019, 10:30 PM
You mean Putin, right? :lol
oh, you're in Russia? Sorry man... R.I.P.

Nathan89
04-18-2019, 10:32 PM

If need me to explain something for you just raise your hand and ask because your reasoning behind me posting that first image is moronic.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-18-2019, 10:45 PM

Agreed

spursparker9
04-18-2019, 10:47 PM

Forced?

He probably will pull the same stunt as last year and continue to sit out.

TimDunkem
04-18-2019, 10:49 PM
Honestly, you're right. Not that we should build around him, but we should definitely make him a focus on offense and compliment his skills instead of building around stars who need touches to score inefficient 2s.

Nathan89
04-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Forced?

He probably will pull the same stunt as last year and continue to sit out.

I'd be willing to take that risk if the alternative is what we got. The trade would've been tolerable if we got a young asset but that didn't happen. Now we have nobody to pair with White.

Slippy
04-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Nice to see White have 26 first half points only for him to have ONE shot attempt so far in the second half. While LMA is taking fade aways and off balanced finger rolls :lol

LA's offence lead to 5 first half assists . He faced a consistent double and doubt he'd mind Derrick making plays since he always on the lookout for LA.

Dema on offense , was selective in the first half and lifted in the third scoring 15 something points. In the 4th the picked his spots and didn't hero late in the 4th.

Point is, they got out of Derricks way and allowed him to dominate on both ends. Wrong players to direct your criticism at. Patty and Marco off the bench are Spurs weakest links. Nuggs feasted on them . Also Pop restricting Derrick on mins . Why even now?

KDKSpurs24
04-18-2019, 10:59 PM
I'd be willing to take that risk if the alternative is what we got. The trade would've been tolerable if we got a young asset but that didn't happen. Now we have nobody to pair with White.
That’s not good for the other players on the team.. they would have had to deal with the distraction all year and be constantly asked about him in every interview. Can’t believe no one thinks of this..

And Walker and Murray will both work well with him. Possibly the draft pick too. This team’s future is bright.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-18-2019, 11:10 PM
LA's offence lead to 5 first half assists . He faced a consistent double and doubt he'd mind Derrick making plays since he always on the lookout for LA.

Dema on offense , was selective in the first half and lifted in the third scoring 15 something points. In the 4th the picked his spots and didn't hero late in the 4th.

Point is, they got out of Derricks way and allowed him to dominate on both ends. Wrong players to direct your criticism at. Patty and Marco off the bench are Spurs weakest links. Nuggs feasted on them . Also Pop restricting Derrick on mins . Why even now?

Lol Demar started off the game 1-7 and had several turnovers. If that's him being selective then I would hate to see what him not being selective looks like. I also wasn't hating on Demar's 3rd quarter. He came out of the gate looking to respond from such a horrible 1st half. I just thought that Derrick having only 1 shot in that time frame while force feeding LA (in a game where he struggled to shoot the ball) wasn't very smart. You can feel otherwise and that's fine, but LA shooting contested turn around fade aways aren't going to help us win. Him being able to pass out of the double team and make smarter shots is going to help us win.

exstatic
04-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Like a young Kawhi

Second year White takes a wet shit on second year Kawhi.

slick'81
04-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Its scary what this kid could be

DAF86
04-18-2019, 11:20 PM

You are Pop's cousin or something right? Can you tell him to stop subbing White with 5 minutes to go in the first and third quarters? Dude needs to be playing 40 minutes per game.

Thanks in advance bro.

Slippy
04-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Lol Demar started off the game 1-7 and had several turnovers. If that's him being selective then would hate to see what him not being selective looks like. I also wasn't hating on Demar's 3rd quarter. He came out of the gate looking to respond from such a horrible 1st half. I just thought that Derrick having only 1 shot in that time frame while force feeding LA (in a game where he struggled to shoot the ball) wasn't very smart. You can feel otherwise and that's fine, but LA shooting contested turn around fade aways aren't going to help us win. Him being able to pass out of the double team and make smarter shots is going to help us win.

common we have had plenty of Demar being non-selective all season so yes the bar is pretty low. he limited it to 7 shot attempts .haha

For the Spurs , this is Demar at his best. Giving the team scoring when needed - he even got some points running offense and not trying to hero in the last 5mins.

GAustex
04-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Fuck all that. This isn’t old school. Paul and Harden splits the ball plenty. I’m just happy to have both guys. They’ll make it work.

If it puts Mills on the bench I am all for it

Stabula
04-18-2019, 11:33 PM
Ah, another snowflake. This whiny ass Trumptard's first image in his sig is whining about being unfriended by people. What a fucking dope. All you toads. Fucking worthless as human beings. Are you a transgender LGBTQIA+ college student that gets your source of news from social media?

duncan2k5
04-19-2019, 12:06 AM

Second year white was significantly older than second year Kawhi... They're almost the same age right now... Lmao

spursparker9
04-19-2019, 12:16 AM

To be fair, 2nd year Kawhi was marking best player of the planet 7 games in the finals

John B
04-19-2019, 12:20 AM

You don’t beat a team with one guy. You need Aldridge to dig low, Demar to score in a variety of ways, Forbes/Bertans/Belli their open shots, Poeltl to rebound, protect the rim, knee Murray. In short, Murray understands this as the point guard, body shots, jabs, hooks, and he’s very good at it. And he knows when it’s time for him to score. He’s actually the new Ginobili but starting.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 12:32 AM
You don’t beat a team with one guy. You need Aldridge to dig low, Demar to score in a variety of ways, Forbes/Bertans/Belli their open shots, Poeltl to rebound, protect the rim, knee Murray. In short, Murray understands this as the point guard, body shots, jabs, hooks, and he’s very good at it. And he knows when it’s time for him to score. He’s actually the new Ginobili but starting.

All this is true. But if one guy starts the game going 7/8 and the other guy goes 1/7 then you ride the hot hand. And 36 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals with a block all while holding the opposing point guard to 6 points is the definition of one beating a team with one guy tbh.

Also you are overlooking my criticism of DDR and LMA shooting contested fade away 2 pointers. It isn't only the fact that they got equal shot attempts as White in the 1st half, but the type of shots they were taking. White was taking lay ups because he torched Denver's D. Demar and LMA were taking 15 foot fade aways.

Mr. Body
04-19-2019, 12:41 AM
Are you a transgender LGBTQIA+ college student that gets your source of news from social media?

No...?

ThaBigFundamental21
04-19-2019, 12:42 AM

Exactly! 2 good young guards is a great problem to have. As long as the best players are on the court. Trade Patty, or have White and Murray eat up his minutes. Mills can come off the bench and play 10 MPG as he should.

GAustex
04-19-2019, 12:48 AM
Exactly! 2 good young guards is a great problem to have. As long as the best players are on the court. Trade Patty, or have White and Murray eat up his minutes. Mills can come off the bench and play 10 MPG as he should.
Too bad Walker cannot play and thus stapling Patty on the pine
Patty is the problem. Beli can hold his own if Patty is not out there

SpurPadre
04-19-2019, 12:53 AM

To be fair, TP did complain about LDN hitting threes in the 13 Finals.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 01:12 AM
To be fair, TP did complain about LDN hitting threes in the 13 Finals.

I try not to think about that series :lol Danny was probably like dude stfu Tony. Don't ruin a good thing

Arcadian
04-19-2019, 01:15 AM
Did you create this thread at halftime? :lol Who does that?

kobyz
04-19-2019, 01:15 AM
That’s not good for the other players on the team.. they would have had to deal with the distraction all year and be constantly asked about him in every interview. Can’t believe no one thinks of this..

And Walker and Murray will both work well with him. Possibly the draft pick too. This team’s future is bright.

No one would be distracted like raptors players are not distracted this year, stop defend pop and this huge mistake

RC_Drunkford
04-19-2019, 09:47 AM

That's a stupid take. LA was looking for White all night to give him the ball out of those double teams

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 10:02 AM
That's a stupid take. LA was looking for White all night to give him the ball out of those double teams

And DeRozan?? Nicca had one less shot attempt than White even though he was sucking and White was balling. And in the first half, white was scoring all his points on his own. Had nothing to do with LMA finding him out of the double team.

cd98
04-19-2019, 10:07 AM
Murray and White can easily play together. Both have shooting guard length. White can hit threes. Hopefully Murray has a jump shot, but even if he doesn’t, he can play with White.

Dverde
04-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Murray and White can easily play together. Both have shooting guard length. White can hit threes. Hopefully Murray has a jump shot, but even if he doesn’t, he can play with White.

If White and Forbes can play together...

RC_Drunkford
04-19-2019, 09:03 PM
And DeRozan?? Nicca had one less shot attempt than White even though he was sucking and White was balling. And in the first half, white was scoring all his points on his own. Had nothing to do with LMA finding him out of the double team.

yes it did because White drops into the lane when he gets doubled and can then get to the rim with ease. The double team takes the help defender away from the basket. By the way DeRozan played well, was awful in the first half though, I give you that

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 10:39 PM
yes it did because White drops into the lane when he gets doubled and can then get to the rim with ease. The double team takes the help defender away from the basket. By the way DeRozan played well, was awful in the first half though, I give you that
My thread was made in the 1st half. LMA and DDR were garbage in the first half. Anything that happened afterwards is irrelevant. Though the 3rd quarter is essentially my gripe as a whole. DDR was feeling it and scored 19 points in the 3rd. He shot all the shots and scored all our points and had a great quarter and didn't share the ball with anybody and Pop and nobody had a problem with it bc he was on fire. I am not complaining about him taking all the shots. So why didn't they have the same mentality with White in the 1st half that they did for DeRozan in the 3rd quarter? That's what bugs me.

White beat his man off the dribble every time in the 1st half. It had nothing to do with LMA. Rewatch the highlights if you want.

vander
04-19-2019, 10:46 PM
White beat his man off the dribble every time in the 1st half. It had nothing to do with LMA. Rewatch the highlights if you want.

More than a few of his buckets came after the D was helping/scrambling and the ball swung back to him.

Watch highlights that start at the beginning of the possession, not just when White takes it to the hoop

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 11:52 PM
More than a few of his buckets came after the D was helping/scrambling and the ball swung back to him.

Watch highlights that start at the beginning of the possession, not just when White takes it to the hoop

By my count 3 of his baskets were due to others. 2 by doubling LMA. And 1 after the defense collapsed on DeRozan. 8 of his made baskets were created by Derrick White himself. Including several impressive drives, a midrange jumper, and a steal for a dunk. This is all in the 1st half.

DMC
04-20-2019, 12:05 AM

Stopped reading after the bolded part.

Realized this wasn't about basketball.

hombre
04-20-2019, 01:14 AM
I agree. I don't know why DeRozan and Aldridge keep taking shots even though their percentages aren't elite.

For this series, DeRozan is shooting .451 and Aldridge .491, that's by no means shabby.