PDA

View Full Version : their developing of players.

midnightpulp
04-18-2019, 10:52 PM
Second to none. 29th picks dropping 35 points in playoff games. Meanwhile, the 2nd picks on other franchises that shall not be named are down-syndrome Drake looking scrubs. Pop is still a suspect in-game coach, but the scouting and development departments of the franchise are the best in the NBA.

DAF86
04-18-2019, 11:08 PM
I think their drafting is more important than developing. Manu, Tony and White were going to be beasts anywhere they went. Kawhi probably too, although that shot fix by Chip was huge.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2019, 11:08 PM
The most impressive part is that they've been successful in every era, regardless of changes to the game, the advancement of analytics, whatever..complete opposite of the Lakers..

baseline bum
04-18-2019, 11:09 PM
I think their drafting is more important than developing. Manu, Tony and White were going to be beasts anywhere they went. Kawhi probably too, although that shot fix by Chip was huge.

Chip fixed Parker's shot too. When he came into the league all he had was that ridiculous set shot.

midnightpulp
04-18-2019, 11:16 PM

Talent always needs development. D'Bust and Randle became good players (fans are still overrating them, as their RPMs aren't All-Star level yet) when they looked like total busts with the Lakers. If Kawhi was drafted by the Lakers, no way is he the player he is today.

midnightpulp
04-18-2019, 11:18 PM
The most impressive part is that they've been successful in every era, regardless of changes to the game, the advancement of analytics, whatever..complete opposite of the Lakers..

And never had the luxury of landing a true A-list free-agent, like a Shaq, Lebron, etc. And then they have A-listers leave them because they're "bored" or whatever in San Antonio and think playing there will harm their "brand." No franchise in the NBA has done more with less over their existence.

apalisoc_9
04-18-2019, 11:19 PM
I think they're just good a hiring scouts.

FkLA
04-18-2019, 11:32 PM
White >>> Dejounte "Instagram Baller" Murray >>>> Gonzo

Kurgan
04-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Second to none. 29th picks dropping 35 points in playoff games. Meanwhile, the 2nd picks on other franchises that shall not be named are down-syndrome Drake looking scrubs. Pop is still a suspect in-game coach, but the scouting and development departments of the franchise are the best in the NBA.

Pop also needs to drop the vet chain of command bullshit. Derrick White having to spend his entire rookie year in D-League. Lonzo Bust has played 1300 more NBA minutes than him despite White being a much more complete player. We saw it with Pau stealing Poetl's minutes too.

Bynumite
04-19-2019, 01:00 AM
You're playing this season's cute regular season team. They have an inflated record and a borderline star in Jokic and that's pretty much all they have.

You'd be singing a different tune if you were playing GS or HOU right now. You'll come back to earth soon though.

ambchang
04-19-2019, 05:48 AM
You're playing this season's cute regular season team. They have an inflated record and a borderline star in Jokic and that's pretty much all they have.

You'd be singing a different tune if you were playing GS or HOU right now. You'll come back to earth soon though.

Holy shit. You mean the seventh seed who just lost their franchise player will not win the title? Never saw that one coming, just like I never saw the lakers being out of the playoffs for seven years.

LkrFan
04-19-2019, 05:51 AM

Y'all playing _enver son. Shhhhh! :lol

LkrFan
04-19-2019, 05:53 AM

This. Lemme see him do that to Dr. Dray, Klay, or Iggy (good defenders) then talk. :lol

#PreEjacThread

Texas_Ranger
04-19-2019, 06:34 AM

Who the fuck thinks the Spurs are winning against the Warriors or the Rockets?
I am pretty sure most of the Spurs fans realize that our team isn't that good.

baseline bum
04-19-2019, 07:10 AM
This. Lemme see him do that to Dr. Dray, Klay, or Iggy (good defenders) then talk. :lol

#PreEjacThread

I still remember that couple of months when you thought you were somebody and stopped riding GSW's dicks back in the days of being the 4-seed.