PDA

View Full Version : Mike Malone: "Jakob Poeltl sets really good moving screens. And he does it the whole game and he gets away with it."

Uriel
04-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Malone accused Poeltl of setting illegal screens the whole game.

Malone also let the NBA know what he thinks the officials are letting San Antonio get away with, including what he believes was an illegal screen set by Jakob Poeltl (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3134908/jakob-poeltl) near midcourt on Murray which the guard took exception to believing Poeltl stuck his leg out."I don't think it was dirty," Malone said.

"I don't think they're a dirty team. I know Coach [Gregg Popovich], it's not anything he preaches. I thought it was an illegal screen. Either a trip or an illegal screen. You can't have your feet outside of the base of the shoulders and I thought the width of the screen and his feet were too wide. So it should have been something... I did think it was an illegal screen obviously and it is one of those clips that we will send in [to the NBA] and kind of wait to see... it doesn't really matter because it is not like you send the clips in, they can change it. Just trying to point out some of the screens that we think are being set illegally."

"If you set physical screens the whole game like they do, the refs will let you play," Malone added. "... Jakob Poeltl sets really good moving screens. And he does it the whole game and he gets away with it."

He also implored the Nuggets to play more physically against the Spurs, including committing hard fouls:

An upset Malone told his team on Friday that it needed to be much more physical against the Spurs while showing them exactly that in a film session. He implored the Nuggets to hit first on Saturday.

"Like how many times are you going to watch a guy just go to the basket for a layup," an exasperated Malone said. "I know that maybe because my father with Detroit and the Bad Boys and the game has changed quite a bit but this is really a fine line [and] I don't want anything to be construed as hey we are going to play dirty. We are not a dirty team. We don't have that mentality. That's just not who we are and the rules don't allow that. Thank goodness.

"But [B]you have to be willing to [deliver] a hard foul sometimes because when a guy gets that comfortable, it was 36 points, [24] was in our paint, at some point this becomes ridiculous. It's on our guards because he didn't feel us. It's on our bigs. It's on whoever is near the basket, send a message, put him on the foul line, make him earn it. I'm not saying play dirty, but in the playoffs, it's got to be physical basketball and you got to make teams earn everything and it was way too easy for them."
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26562112/malone-wants-murray-nuggets-play-tougher

CGD
04-19-2019, 08:21 PM

He also implored the Nuggets to play more physically against the Spurs, including committing hard fouls:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26562112/malone-wants-murray-nuggets-play-tougher

Desperate folk say desperate things.

DC23
04-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Malone is delusional.

Kori Ellis
Sounds like something someone would say when his team is losing to a 7 seed.

Spurs Homer
I guess he has never seen the GS Warriors play?

Genovaswitness
04-19-2019, 08:24 PM
fucking clown I’m glad Sacramento fired him

ZeusWillJudge
04-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Sounds like something someone would say when his team is losing to a 7 seed.

...and is looking for some help.

timvp
04-19-2019, 08:26 PM
:lol Poeltl set one questionable screen on Murray. That's about it.

I wish Poeltl would learn from the Steven Adamses and Andrew Boguts of the world and learn to set more rule-bending screens. As it is, he's pretty tame compared to most bigs.

GusT15
04-19-2019, 08:26 PM
...and is looking for some help.

And he's gonna get it,just like that "not gonna rook us" moron got it and avoided getting swept.

K...
04-19-2019, 08:31 PM
I guess Malone didn't get the memo about that. Their team isn't ready for the playoffs. But he's good at making excuses. Makes POP seem much better as coach.

I've been waiting for the spurs to foul out their bigs. I'm glad Malone is seeing to that.

r0drig0lac
04-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Adams, Bogut, Capela, King of the illegal screens Draymond ...

SpurPadre
04-19-2019, 08:33 PM
Classless guy but this isn't news. He hardly ever gives other teams any credit and is known to make excuses and talk tough. Can't wait to eliminate these motherfuckers.

SpurPadre
04-19-2019, 08:38 PM
He's an idiot, too. He's practically begging for the refs to call fouls on us and then openly states he's forcing his team to be more aggressive and thus, indirectly asking the refs to call more fouls on them. Real mindfuck coaches like Phil Jackson will only draw attention upon the other team, not their own. Stupid piece of shit.

sammy
04-19-2019, 08:41 PM
What damn poor loser! One hard screen & he's bitching! This is the playoffs! He’s also telling his players to hard foul White! WTH!

spursistan
04-19-2019, 08:41 PM
A rookie playoff coach getting shook..Nothing to see here..

He will just say whatever.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Look forward to some bs calls right away in the first couple minutes smh

ceperez
04-19-2019, 08:48 PM

The dude has lost it! This version of the Spurs is a finesse team! First time I've ever heard that Poetl plays dirty.

cjw
04-19-2019, 08:52 PM
I guess he has never seen the GS Warriors play?

This

siraulo23
04-19-2019, 08:54 PM
wtf :lol

timvp
04-19-2019, 08:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_xthf-clGg

Tbh, even that wasn't an illegal screen. Poeltl's leg only moved because Murray ran into it.

SpurPadre
04-19-2019, 09:02 PM

If that happens, it will go both ways since he basically declared they will be delivering hard fouls.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-19-2019, 09:03 PM
What a little crybaby desperate bitch though lol

RC_Drunkford
04-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Another take that for data desperation comment huh? Spurs should try to turn that increased physicality by Denver into free throws and draw plenty of fouls in game 4. They should get a lot of calls at home

BD24
04-19-2019, 09:18 PM
As Cubby says, only pussies and assholes blame the officials.

Malone is probably both

Dverde
04-19-2019, 09:37 PM
Malone isn’t impressing me much. Nuggets saying game 4 is a must win is also naive. Winning three in a row when two are at home is very doable.

rascal
04-19-2019, 09:49 PM
Smart move on his part. He needs to light a fire under his team. They have been playing too soft. I look for Denver to win the next game.

TheRemix
04-19-2019, 09:49 PM
Take that for data

ducks
04-19-2019, 09:50 PM
I think it will be close but spurs win

ducks
04-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Smart move on his part. He needs to light a fire under his team. They have been playing too soft. I look for Denver to win the next game.

You ready to bet ?

rascal
04-19-2019, 09:51 PM

Spur fans already setting themselves up to blame the refs for the game four loss.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Is he the new Fizdale?

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-19-2019, 09:57 PM
Spur fans already setting themselves up to blame the refs for the game four loss.

No im ready to blame Pop

spurs1990
04-19-2019, 09:57 PM
He must've run into some old VHS tapes of Avery Johnson complaining about calls after every loss in the 2006 WCSF

daslicer
04-19-2019, 10:10 PM
Same old strategy I have seen a million times. Spurs get up in a series and the opposing coach complains about the refs. It usually results in bs calls against the Spurs the next game and a high chance of losing the game. Unfortunately too many coaches have had success doing it ala Avery,Donovan,Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, etc.

mystargtr34
04-19-2019, 10:13 PM

Tbh, even that wasn't an illegal screen. Poeltl's leg only moved because Murray ran into it.

I thought his legs were a fair bit wider than his shoulders which I think technically is not allowed.. he definitely wasn’t moving though.

Malone complaining is rich though..it was one play., Jokic tends to move on his picks too

ZeusWillJudge
04-19-2019, 10:29 PM
You know what I hate? I hate it when Poeltl undercuts LaMarcus Aldridge when he's shooting jump shots. It's already happened a couple of times in this... wait a minute. It's not Poeltl who has been doing that, is it?

If the refs want to call things tight in Game 4, I'll be happy - as long as they call it the same way on both ends of the floor.

objective
04-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Same old strategy I have seen a million times. Spurs get up in a series and the opposing coach complains about the refs. It usually results in bs calls against the Spurs the next game and a high chance of losing the game. Unfortunately too many coaches have had success doing it ala Avery,Donovan,Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, etc.

And Pop has refused to do it his entire career and it's cost the team. Those two things combined has cost the Spurs playoff games, and I have no doubt that it's at least cost them a series

Kobe'sAchilles
04-19-2019, 10:42 PM
Jokic also sets nice illegal screens tbh

Biggems
04-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Jokic was setting moving screens all game 2, not one whistle. Did it a few times in game 3. Ran through a Spurs player who was basically set and vertical, and got the blocking call.....even though it was clearly a charge. Also, what about Murray walking over to and shoving Poetl at the FT line post whistle and the 3 refs all acting like it never happened. It's one thing if Poetl was next to him, but he wasn't, thus premeditated retaliation was obvious. Murray should have received a T.

NameLess Scrub
04-19-2019, 10:49 PM
You know what I hate? I hate it when Poeltl undercuts LaMarcus Aldridge when he's shooting jump shots. It's already happened a couple of times in this... wait a minute. It's not Poeltl who has been doing that, is it?

If the refs want to call things tight in Game 4, I'll be happy - as long as they call it the same way on both ends of the floor.

I thought his legs were a fair bit wider than his shoulders which I think technically is not allowed.. he definitely wasn’t moving though.

Malone complaining is rich though..it was one play., Jokic tends to move on his picks too

Basically.

Want to call things tight? Sure. Call on Jokic when he shifts his butt into defenders. thanks

Unfortunately, I too expect the refs to crap on the Spurs tomorrow.

Biggems
04-19-2019, 10:49 PM

Malone complaining is rich though..it was one play., Jokic tends to move like the 90s Dallas Oline blocking for Emmitt on his picks too

Fixed it for you.

Mugen
04-19-2019, 11:18 PM
He needs to set more tbh.

daslicer
04-19-2019, 11:40 PM
And Pop has refused to do it his entire career and it's cost the team. Those two things combined has cost the Spurs playoff games, and I have no doubt that it's at least cost them a series

Agreed I feel the same way. I feel these coaches go out of their way to disrespect Pop when they complain about the refs. You don't see them doing the same type of bitching when it comes to other teams because they know the opposing coach will respond.

daslicer
04-19-2019, 11:40 PM

Agreed I feel the same way. I feel these coaches go out of their way to disrespect Pop when they complain about the refs. You don't see them doing the same type of bitching when it comes to other teams because they know the opposing coach will respond.

marinoman
04-19-2019, 11:48 PM

Not the best angle here. He did slightly slide to the right to get more body. Not the worst but yea he moved a few inches to his right. Not sure about multiple offender tho, don’t recall any others

John B
04-19-2019, 11:52 PM
The guy “loves” Murray so much, doesn’t want him hurt out there.

jbspurs
04-20-2019, 12:01 AM

Correct! Also, THat should've been a T on Murray. They called a T on DeMar on previous play, for pretty much doing the same thing.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-20-2019, 12:03 AM
Sounds like he wants some Thuggettes basketball.

BatManu20
04-20-2019, 01:00 AM
Eh he’s just trying to sway the officials For tomorrow’s game. Coaches do it all the time the playoffs tbh.

Phil Jackson was the master of it. David Fizdale did it a couple years ago when we played Memphis in the 1st-Round after Kawhi shot more FT’s than their entire team in Game 2. Next game, they got all the calls. It works tbh. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Poeltl was called for a couple moving screens early tomorrow.

JPB
04-20-2019, 01:44 AM
His whole communication since the beginning of the series has been terrible...

Texas_Ranger
04-20-2019, 02:19 AM
Cant wait to see jakob being in foul trouble after 2 minutes today.

spurs10
04-20-2019, 02:27 AM
Cant wait to see jakob being in foul trouble after 2 minutes today. That's the intention!

DAF86
04-20-2019, 02:32 AM

Of course you do, son. Of course you do. :lol

Down Under
04-20-2019, 03:33 AM
Meh, just trying to get the refs to watch Poeltl screens even more tightly next game. Which is ironic, given the 2 ridiculous handchecks he got called for fighting around Plumlee screens in Game 2.

ceperez
04-20-2019, 04:15 AM
Meh, just trying to get the refs to watch Poeltl screens even more tightly next game. Which is ironic, given the 2 ridiculous handchecks he got called for fighting around Plumlee screens in Game 2.

Yup exactly. Malone is just working the officiating to call stuff in his favor. Poetl is pretty disciplined in how he sets his screens. Its nowhere near what GSW or even what both Plumlee and Jokic get away with.

vavvi
04-20-2019, 05:25 AM
Malone talks too much.
His press conferences are tons and tons of excuses.

We were so lucky to get Denver. They are not ready for play-offs. And their coach is not ready for play-offs.

8FOR!3
04-20-2019, 05:46 AM
Yup exactly. Malone is just working the officiating to call stuff in his favor. Poetl is pretty disciplined in how he sets his screens. Its nowhere near what GSW or even what both Plumlee and Jokic get away with.

Yeah I don't really blame him. It usually works and bad calls from the refs can frustrate some of our players. He knows if they don't win tonight they're fucked so I don't really blame him for pulling that card.

NameLess Scrub
04-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Eh he’s just trying to sway the officials For tomorrow’s game. Coaches do it all the time the playoffs tbh.

Phil Jackson was the master of it. David Fizdale did it a couple years ago when we played Memphis in the 1st-Round after Kawhi shot more FT’s than their entire team in Game 2. Next game, they got all the calls. It works tbh. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Poeltl was called for a couple moving screens early tomorrow.

This is like Harden's flops. Hard to believe refs are so easy to manipulate.

Strategic
04-20-2019, 06:14 AM
Malone’s real problem is the Spurs can beat his team at their own game, and he sees it. Can’t be much worse for a Colorado clown than seeing that you’re Pop’s next ski slope. Spurs got this!!!!

tbdog
04-20-2019, 06:53 AM
This was really cute on the nuggetstalk forum

Good lord, its like we are down 3-0 in series and -20 with 5mins to go... Thats how you guys are acting.

I was telling you we are winning this s**t, and I'm going to continue telling you, we are winning this s**t. Its as certain as a fact that sticky would f**k a bear if he had a chance.

Our game plan should be simple. Don't let them score easy bucket. Don't switch, don't double team, don't let them get to the paint. If they can beat us with mid range shots, fine, kudos to them. But they can't beat us with layups and open 3s. So play defense hard, give it all you got, and don't even think about offense. Just play f-ing defense. On offense, its even easier. Give ball to Jokic, and run pnr with Murray and have Jokic be ball handler. Exploit as much as you can. If they close it, move Jokic to low post, let him score 1 on 1. If they double, move Jokic to high post, let him distribute and take open mid range shots. Move him all the time, let them guess how they are going to defend. We have a guy who can do everything, who is unguardable 1 on 1, so don't let them set up one defense, and guard him on one way all the time.
So game (http://nuggets.proboards.com/user/971) has a point. Jokic has to completely take over a game. He has to dominate. We don't run script plays, we let Jokic see the defense, then establish himself, then get him the ball and let him decide. If he can score 70, let him, force him to punish them all night long if they don't double. Let him shoot 20 threes if he is open. If not, if they decide to double him, then let him create 70 points. Let him have 30 passes to wide open guys. See what Pop is giving you, and exploit all night long. Until they adjust, then exploit other thing they are giving you.

And even if we lose, and are down 3 to 1, we are still winning this series.

Strategic
04-20-2019, 07:10 AM
^^^^^ lost homer

dbestpro
04-20-2019, 07:33 AM
He must think that he will do better by going to the school of Doc Rivers. Whine until you win. That only works when your team is established. Crying now could be the kiss of death for Denver as the officials will not let an upstart call them out.

tenbeersbold
04-20-2019, 07:38 AM
He must think that he will do better by going to the school of Doc Rivers. Whine until you win. That only works when your team is established. Crying now could be the kiss of death for Denver as the officials will not let an upstart call them out.

Umm Fizdale...

boutons_deux
04-20-2019, 07:51 AM
moving screens and palming have been effectively OK for some years.

Raven
04-20-2019, 08:12 AM
the screen was clean and legal.

Shakril
04-20-2019, 08:32 AM
He wants to get Poeltl more in Foul Trouble. Already gets some BS Calls against him. Screens he sets are strong and mostly legal and that does creates problem for the nuggets. So Malone complains about that to the Refs and hopes they will make even more BS Calls against Poeltl. As important White for the Team is, without Poeltl the Spurs wont win the series either.

TrueSpursFan
04-20-2019, 08:34 AM
https://youtu.be/L5ev0DGjvvo

Guy asking Harris about Poeltl screen is an idiot. And harris is an idiot as well

Larry O
04-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Bottom line is: the McNuggets will try to use this tactic as a rally to get back into this series and implore the help of the refs to help them to naturalize the Good Guys, and then get the green light to play dirty themselves... SMH... Yeah, I can definitely see this happening in today's game to the Spurs' disadvantage, and then the game momentum can swing over to the McNuggets' favor, offering them a chance to get even this series, going back to the Mile High on Ganga Day. And because the Spurs are disrespected, it might just happen. But GSG, and let's fight through whatever they throw at you and let's bring home the "W," and finish off those McNuggets in five or six!

polandprzem
04-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Well I think that is a good move from Malone. He has a young team that can fuel well from that kind of comments. Let's see if refs gonna be more into looking at Poeltl's screens.

Anyway battle gonna be there and Spurs mostly take advantage of FT line situation

shaq_h8ter
04-20-2019, 11:21 AM

Murry's shove of Poeltl was so limp wristed that the refs didn't even recognize it as a Technical offense.
I do think he should have gotten T'd up though for acting like a rook fool. :ihit

DJR210
04-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Dude's just desperate as he should be. His second seeded team has been outplayed for 11/12 quarters.

RC_Drunkford
04-20-2019, 11:44 AM
This was really cute on the nuggetstalk forum

that Colorado weed is very strong:smokin

I really hope they don't double at all, that way LA can get 40 and Jokic will be tired. It would actually make things easier for us

monty4329
04-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Everybody sets moving screens...it is the NBA.

BTW this year they are actually calling some.

Rummpd
04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
T minus 2 1/2 hours from what I hope will be Spurs stomping out hopes of this thuggish coach.

tlongII
04-20-2019, 02:24 PM
I just don’t think the NBA was planning on the Spurs winning as part of their scripted playoffs. We’ll see.

Proxy
04-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Been nice to have Pop for so long, never saying weak shit like this. We've seen so many coaches complain like this over the years. I remember Karl and Pringles bitching about Manu.

Rummpd
04-20-2019, 04:00 PM
I just don’t think the NBA was planning on the Spurs winning as part of their scripted playoffs. We’ll see.

Or the Blazers

Rummpd
04-20-2019, 04:14 PM
I cannot stand Nuggets or crying coach - go Spurs

Down Under
04-20-2019, 04:20 PM
It actually reminded me of when Splitter popped Lillard in the 2014 conference semis at Halfcourt. He was stationary for about 5 seconds and Lillard just crashed straight into him because he didn't see him. Then Thomas Robinson starts firing up at Splitter :lol

Down Under
04-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Another thing is, Malone is under massive pressure. Even though Denver has gotten better each year he's been there, anytime a 55 win 2nd seed gets punted in the 1st round there's loud calls for their head.

spursistan
04-25-2019, 10:44 PM

This prick is at it again..He's really getting on my nerves trying to pull a "Take That for Data" after each loss..

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2019, 10:47 PM
Poetl won't play more than 15 next game:lol

BSfromTX
04-25-2019, 10:48 PM

This prick is at it again..He's really getting on my nerves trying to pull a "Take That for Data" after each loss..

No kiddin. Denver got away with everything tonight. Taking a page out of Philip Jackson’s book

FkLA
04-25-2019, 10:57 PM
I get that Pop wants to take the high road and never publicly criticize refs. It's his schtick to differentiate himself from other measly coaches since he's the GOAT. That's ok to me. But why does he act like BFFs with all opposing coaches who pull stuff like this? I'm sure he considers it a weak move since he himself has never pulled it.

timvp
04-25-2019, 11:01 PM
Poeltl got Murray good, tbh :lol

Canadian shouldn't have pulled the ol' push-a-man-from-behind-and-run-away move if he wanted to be the recipient of the cleanest of screens.

BSfromTX
04-25-2019, 11:04 PM
I get that Pop wants to take the high road and never publicly criticize refs. It's his schtick to differentiate himself from other measly coaches since he's the GOAT. That's ok to me. But why does he act like BFFs with all opposing coaches who pull stuff like this? I'm sure he considers it a weak move since he himself has never pulled it.

I agree. Don’t fluff him if you disagree with it

Leetonidas
04-25-2019, 11:07 PM
Fuck these clowns. Poeltl is just setting some tough screens tbh. Murray is soft as fuck

Harry Callahan
04-25-2019, 11:33 PM
The Joker sets dozens of moving screens every single game and does not get called for fouls.

Andew Bogut type pussery.

Play Boban
04-25-2019, 11:35 PM
The screen on Murray was pretty dirty tbh...... :lol

...but that wanker deserved it. :lmao

Spurs Homer
04-25-2019, 11:37 PM
Murray has a bad habit of pushing his defender into another teammate and simultaneously flopping -

which makes it look like he is the one who got fouled -

expect White to be in foul trouble on Saturday.

itzsoweezee
04-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Seemed nothing unusual except for that one that caused Murray to go down. This dude stays crying Everytime they lose

DPG21920
04-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Every team has guys that set moving screens. Im just impressed that Poeltl has that vet knowledge already of making them count.

ZeusWillJudge
04-25-2019, 11:48 PM

In the Tim Duncan days, I always knew when I saw a coach talking this kind of weak shit that the series was over. That's a coach making excuses for why his team can't win. That old version of the Spurs always saw it as blood in the water. I wish Pop could convince this bunch of it.

SpurPadre
04-25-2019, 11:50 PM
If they beat us Saturday, I really hope Blazers take them out. Really can't stand coaches who refuse to give the other team credit.

DPG21920
04-25-2019, 11:54 PM
I dont think he was not giving SA credit overall - but he’s really digging for calls and trying to plant seeds; thats for sure.

superbigtime
04-25-2019, 11:58 PM
In the Tim Duncan days, I always knew when I saw a coach talking this kind of weak shit that the series was over. That's a coach making excuses for why his team can't win. That old version of the Spurs always saw it as blood in the water. I wish Pop could convince this bunch of it.

So very true

BillMc
04-26-2019, 12:02 AM

With the exception of Phil Jackson, who did it all the time and it seemed to work.

Winehole23
04-26-2019, 12:06 AM
2018 Jakob Poeltl media scrapbookers say hi:

“I thought last year he was the victim of rookie-itis, getting called on moving screens,” Casey said. “But he’s better at it this year.” That’s because Poeltl has studied enough to know what he might be able to get away with.https://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/2018/03/13/raptors-sophomore-jakob-poeltl-is-passing-his-screen-test.html

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-26-2019, 12:51 AM
Pussy.

KimmyGib
04-26-2019, 12:52 AM
Jokic and Murray like to pull the quick fake screen, new screen sequence which is basically a moving screen. Poetle ruffling feathers in this series. I like it.

John B
04-26-2019, 01:05 AM
Murray getting rough up all night is playoffs basketball

MannyIsGod
04-26-2019, 01:09 AM

Yeah Pop never criticizes refs. I don't know why he just got thrown out in record time a few weeks ago.

MannyIsGod
04-26-2019, 01:12 AM
Mike Malone should STFU unless he wants to address why the refs all hate Derrick White so much.

Stabula
04-26-2019, 01:14 AM
Keep it up Poeltl. The Dark One wants to see you dislocate Murray's hip.

ragas
04-26-2019, 02:00 AM
Well done, Jokic. Pushed Poeltl into Murray so that his buddy got hurt. Well done!

John B
04-26-2019, 02:02 AM
Malone just getting hurt seeing his boys getting rough up :lol:lol

ragas
04-26-2019, 02:06 AM
And somebody should teach this clown how to run around a screen and not into it. it‘s not possible to run through Poeltl. He should know that now

DJR210
04-26-2019, 02:23 AM
Poeltl is dirty :lol.. and I love it.. This is the 3rd time he's conveniently snuck in that knee to Murray's quad.. tired of seeing other teams do that shit to us

ZeusWillJudge
04-26-2019, 09:08 AM
With the exception of Phil Jackson, who did it all the time and it seemed to work.

Yeah, and then there's Phil Jackson. It did seem to work for him. I've never taken the time to go back and see how many of those games had Tim Donaghy on the floor.

sammy
04-26-2019, 09:34 AM
What a whiny bitch Malone is! Give me a freaking break! Jokic and the other big have been setting hard screens every time and no calls! Patty flew like a bag on one of those screens but you didn't see him crying like Murray, he got back up and ran to defend! Smh moron! Send them packing Spurs!

exstatic
04-26-2019, 09:50 AM
What a whiny bitch Malone is! Give me a freaking break! Jokic and the other big have been setting hard screens every time and no calls! Patty flew like a bag on one of those screens but you didn't see him crying like Murray, he got back up and ran to defend! Smh moron! Send them packing Spurs!

Jokic spins when he's screening, a definite no no and illegal, and he frequently extends a hand or elbow, also illegal.

UncleDennis
04-26-2019, 09:53 AM

I know, all the while his main guy is one big handsy bastard, no matter who he's next to. Like how he kindly gave Derek that little extra push to the back while Derek was sprinting for that loose ball out of bounds. If they really want the refs to come down, they better be ok with Derozan getting 6 trips to the line in the 1st quarter alone.

RD2191
04-26-2019, 10:05 AM
Fucking scrubs. Hopefully we kick their ass tomorrow.

urunobili
04-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Patty got clobbered last night on some screens to no foul call...

John B
04-26-2019, 11:29 AM
Jokic spins when he's screening, a definite no no and illegal, and he frequently extends a hand or elbow, also illegal.
I’ve seen elbows on Demar’s face. I doubt it makes a difference on craters’ face but still.

Poeltl aggressiveness is playoffs basketball. I think the most from everybody out there. I love it.

DJR210
04-26-2019, 12:33 PM

He wasn't really whining IMO, more just planting that seed in the refs head. He acknowledged it's hard nosed playoff basketball and said they need to start doing it too

hater
04-26-2019, 12:52 PM
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1119753598986928130?s=19

emanueldavidginobili
04-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Poeltl is dirty :lol.. and I love it.. This is the 3rd time he's conveniently snuck in that knee to Murray's quad.. tired of seeing other teams do that shit to us

JeffDuncan
04-26-2019, 01:16 PM
I hope Purrcat breaks Murray's leg. I hope he breaks Jockitch's leg too. I hope when he breaks Jockitch's leg it's over by the sideline, so Jockitch falls into Malone and breaks his leg too. Both of them.

paperboy77
04-26-2019, 01:32 PM
Malone is doing what he thinks will help his team. He’s pretty good at those conferences. At least it looks like he’s got his teams back. Our coach is a prick out there over simple, typical questions. Yes there’s more to life than b-ball but fuck off with that. I don’t give a shit about “coffee crew” or wine or your political views. Just bust your ass 24/7 to get the win!

phxspurfan
04-26-2019, 01:43 PM
:cry Purrtl is OP :cry
:cry Sporks are bodying our MVP :cry

DAF86
04-26-2019, 02:10 PM
I really don't see how can you call that a foul on Poeltl, tbh.

Shakril
04-26-2019, 02:25 PM
I would see that as a compliment to Poeltl. Obviously Malone thinks that Poeltl is effective against Jokic and the Nuggets so he wants to slander him and work the refs. Why else would he do that if not out of aknowledgment, that Poeltl is doing a good job.

elbamba1
04-26-2019, 03:01 PM
Malone is doing what he thinks will help his team. He’s pretty good at those conferences. At least it looks like he’s got his teams back. Our coach is a prick out there over simple, typical questions. Yes there’s more to life than b-ball but fuck off with that. I don’t give a shit about “coffee crew” or wine or your political views. Just bust your ass 24/7 to get the win!

I like his conferences. He actully answers questions with analysis and stats. I think Joker and Milslap through illegal screens by shifting their body and legs back as the defender tries to go around them. What are you going to do. The league rarely calls illegal screens and travels anymore.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2019, 03:03 PM
I think it's just how Murray is rolling past Poetl's picks. He doesn't drop anyone else to the floor when he's setting a pick.

UZER
04-26-2019, 03:54 PM
I think it's just how Murray is rolling past Poetl's picks. He doesn't drop anyone else to the floor when he's setting a pick.

Yeah there’s fighting through a pick, and trying to bully your way through one. He’s doing the latter while making himself like the victim even though he’s trying to run through Poetl.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-27-2019, 05:00 PM
The screen on Murray was pretty dirty tbh...... :lol

...but that wanker deserved it. :lmao

According to DeRozan, you have a dirty mind

:lmao:lmao

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/27/spurs-demar-derozan-jakob-poeltl-dirty-game-7-nuggets/

http://i65.tinypic.com/aom5j5.png

slick'81
04-27-2019, 05:20 PM
Nice to have a big with some toughness

Seventyniner
04-27-2019, 06:41 PM
According to DeRozan, you have a dirty mind

:lmao:lmao

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/27/spurs-demar-derozan-jakob-poeltl-dirty-game-7-nuggets/

:lol wtf kind of headline is that??

ragas
05-02-2019, 05:37 AM
Jokic and Murray are fucking idiots.

https://twitter.com/NBCSNorthwest/status/1123861409790558208

smaka
05-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Jokic shoves like that whole game and never gets called for it. It's getting old. It's the shit like that that makes me root for Guests really hard.

RD2191
05-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Hopefully the blazers beat them the fuck out tbh.

Harry Callahan
05-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Malone's act is getting old and they've won one series in the last decade?

Jokic is a moving screen machine and acts like he is the victim? That shove should have been a technical foul.

Jamal Murray needs to open his eyes and quit playing the victim.

Harry Callahan
05-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Jacob can be a much better version of Splitter in time and that would be OK for the Spurs......

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of grit -

ZeusWillJudge
05-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Jokic shoves like that whole game and never gets called for it. It's getting old. It's the shit like that that makes me root for Guests really hard.

There was a play in Game 6 where Jokic was out at the top of the circle with the ball. Spurs were playing hard off the ball, and there was nobody for him to pass to. You could see that he made up his mind to drive to the basket, and he just starts throwing chicken wings - there was nobody within 3 feet of him. He's literally just out there in space flapping his damn elbow at nothing. :lol

Jokic does those full arm-extended shoves a lot under the basket. And when he's driving to the rim, he throws elbows and clears with the off arm on every single play. Hell, even the highlights they showed in the pre-game last night showed it. They're celebrating his strong play, and I was thinking that there should have been 2-3 whistles on each play. He's a very good player, but he's a lot better when he gets to play football.

Jokic is a moving screen machine and acts like he is the victim? That shove should have been a technical foul.

The league rescinds T's on the Warriors' players all the time. They need to review that and rescind Kanter's, plus slap one one Jokic. That shove caused an on-court incident. If they don't do that, it just says that they're about ratings and nothing else. But that's not surprising.