PDA

View Full Version : Will Derrick White vs D. Murray be the new Manu vs Tony...

apalisoc_9
04-20-2019, 12:00 AM
Manu vs Tony will always be the GOAT player vs player within a team tbh. I cant think of any other combination player where fans were so divided between the two as to who was better.

I mean weve had durant vs westbrook but everyone know durant was better.

Personally i think white is a better player but maybe thats recency bias. Murray was great last year.

DMC
04-20-2019, 12:05 AM
No

mystargtr34
04-20-2019, 12:13 AM

marinoman
04-20-2019, 12:19 AM
You’re a fag

Keepin' it real
04-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Maybe. / thread

BatManu20
04-20-2019, 12:50 AM
Negative.

Seventyniner
04-20-2019, 12:52 AM
For some posters it already is.

If it means both players being as good as Tony and Manu, I would gladly accept it.

Chinook
04-20-2019, 01:31 AM
No. White is so much better it's not even funny. It's like Leonard vs Green was in the olden days. There will be some folks who like the latter over the former, but it won't actually be a fight.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2019, 01:32 AM
No. White is so much better it's not even funny. It's like Leonard vs Green was in the olden days. There will be some folks who like the latter over the former, but it won't actually be a fight.

Both are still young and can both easily develop into stellar players.

Chinook
04-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Both are still young and can both easily develop into stellar players.

Of course they can. Neither is all that young, though. Certainly, they're young enough to improve and become more consistent, but I don't see either being a consistent threat for an All-NBA team. That's opposed to Walker, who definitely has that sort of ceiling. Regardless, I don't see Murray unseating White at the starting PG spot next year, and I don't think he'll be a starter by the time Pop gets his playoff rotation going.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Of course they can. Neither is all that young, though. Certainly, they're young enough to improve and become more consistent, but I don't see either being a consistent threat for an All-NBA team. That's opposed to Walker, who definitely has that sort of ceiling. Regardless, I don't see Murray unseating White at the starting PG spot next year, and I don't think he'll be a starter by the time Pop gets his playoff rotation going.

Do you expect the Spurs to try working out a contract extension for Murray and if so what price do you find to be fair? Or do you think they'd prefer preserving cap space for 2020? How about Poeltl?

ceperez
04-20-2019, 03:23 AM
Let's all wait for Murray to recover from injury before making any proclamations about how good he could be.

r0drig0lac
04-20-2019, 04:47 AM
Let's all wait for Murray to recover from injury before making any proclamations about how good he could be.

smart post

Chinook
04-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Do you expect the Spurs to try working out a contract extension for Murray and if so what price do you find to be fair? Or do you think they'd prefer preserving cap space for 2020? How about Poeltl?

I think the Spurs are looking at 2020 as a window to use cap space. So like 2015, I think they'll hold off on extending either Murray or Poeltl. I hope they don't extend Murray unless they get a really good deal on it. There's just no upside to committing a lot of money so early, especially for a guy who's coming off a major injury. I'm bracing myself for Murray to get something like $25M APY, but I'd be disappointed if he's extending for anything more than $18-20M APY.

BSfromTX
04-20-2019, 09:35 AM
Until Murray can shoot the three ball and finish in the paint, he will obviously be little brother.... he has a ways to go to catch white

TimmyBuckets
04-20-2019, 11:02 AM
Until Murray can shoot the three ball and finish in the paint, he will obviously be little brother.... he has a ways to go to catch white

Plus White is leagues better at facilitating.

jjktkk
04-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Spurs player vs. Spurs player has always a pretty stupid debate.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-20-2019, 11:21 AM
I think the Spurs are looking at 2020 as a window to use cap space. So like 2015, I think they'll hold off on extending either Murray or Poeltl. I hope they don't extend Murray unless they get a really good deal on it. There's just no upside to committing a lot of money so early, especially for a guy who's coming off a major injury. I'm bracing myself for Murray to get something like $25M APY, but I'd be disappointed if he's extending for anything more than $18-20M APY.

Thanks Chinook. Not sure who they'd look to spend any money on in 2020 as the FA class is really weak but it sure looks like they have some sort of a plan for it.

$20M+ APY for Murray sounds scary, especially with the emergence of White. I was hoping for a Shroeder-type extension but we'll see. On the other hand if he performs great next season and earns it it'd be exciting.

Capt Bringdown
04-20-2019, 11:29 AM
I don't see Murray willing his team to playoffs wins. I'd love to see it, but Murray strikes me a shooter/scorer, and not a leader.
There's nothing wrong with that, but will he accept White in the leadership role?

DJR210
04-20-2019, 11:32 AM
go fuck your aunt some more