PDA

View Full Version : Iphone is listening?

SpursforSix
04-23-2019, 04:54 PM
I've got Siri disabled. Or at least the voice Siri.

Anyway, I was listening to the Howard Stern show in my car and an insurance commercial came on. So I was gonna play some music while the commercial ran.
When I opened my phone, there was an ad for Progressive Insurance waiting for me.

Anyone else have any stories like this? Anyway to turn that shit off?

spurraider21
04-23-2019, 04:55 PM
insurance commercials are common.

move along

SpursforSix
04-23-2019, 05:00 PM
insurance commercials are common.

move along

I've never had a pop up ad just appear on my phone. I don't even use Safari as my browser. But that's what the ad was in.

Anyway, I disabled the mic access for Amazon and Google Maps which were the only things that had mic access.

Blake
04-23-2019, 06:44 PM
No kidding was talking to my dad about his Briggs and Stratton mower and I later find a banner ad on this site for B&S. Gotta be coincidence though because I have a Samsung

Millennial_Messiah
04-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Illuminati

UZER
04-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Siri is “off”.

A coworker was talking about checking out the Star Wars Galaxy shorts on YouTube. I have never seen or looked them up. I didn’t even know what they were. 2 minutes later I took out my phone and it was the first recommended/ad on YouTube.

Reck
04-23-2019, 11:48 PM
Siri is “off”.

A coworker was talking about checking out the Star Wars Galaxy shorts on YouTube. I have never seen or looked them up. I didn’t even know what they were. 2 minutes later I took out my phone and it was the first recommended/ad on YouTube.

You probably clicked on the trending tab. Which would have had top trending videos for that day.

UZER
04-24-2019, 08:39 AM
You probably clicked on the trending tab. Which would have had top trending videos for that day.

I never click on the trending tab. Not being and ass, I’m just saying I know what that is and I don’t ever click it.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Of course they listen. Pay attention to any ads, they're always showing you shit you talk about. Movies, products, places, etc. Even with permissions turned off.

UZER
05-14-2019, 12:43 PM
Happened again. Had a conversation this weekend with my Dad about go cart racing in town. Talking about going to K1 since we already tried Andretti. Never looked it up, never went to the website.

Two days later, start YT vid, first ad that plays is a K1 Speed racing commercial.

Xevious
05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
This shit happens all the time.