PDA

View Full Version : This is who we are..

spursistan
04-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Did you guys really expect anything else out of this lot? This is who we traded/signed up for..

3 archaic mid-range artists with long-standing reputation as career losers with zero fight or leadership in them.. They DID THEIR THING.

A bunch of one dimensional, regular season gimmicks who are absolutely worthless in the playoffs (Mills, Bertans, Beli, Bryn etc..).. They DID THEIR THING.

And even if we you fall ass backwards in a winnable situation, you have a washed-up, old prick with zero killer instinct coaching the opponent back into the series..He DID HIS THING

There is nothing to see here. Reality set in..

spursistan
04-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Sure the right type of talent isn't there, but this by far the most gutless and spineless Spurs team I've ever seen..

midnightpulp
04-23-2019, 10:53 PM
I said in another thread, the Spurs are way behind the times. Last in pace, last in 3 point attempts, while leading the league in attempts from the most inefficient distance on the count (10-22 feet). Only way the Spurs would've been able to make a bit of noise is for one of these modern NBA chucking teams to go cold in 4 games. I really can't blame the talent nor even Pop. Their style of basketball is at an inherent disadvantage.

I'd say mission accomplished for the season, that this team even got to the playoffs.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
04-23-2019, 10:53 PM
Yep people expecting more from this team than they put out in the regular season. With DeFrozan and Aldridge, two players just here for the paycheck and don't have any fire to win a crucial game, that wasn't going to happen.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2019, 10:57 PM
rebuilding teams in t he playoffs playing young players

while the spurs playing over the hill on reputation players over rookies with young legs and hunger to win....

spursistan
04-23-2019, 10:57 PM
Yep people expecting more from this team than they put out in the regular season. With DeFrozan and Aldridge, two players just here for the paycheck and don't have any fire to win a crucial game, that wasn't going to happen.

Yep they better break up that abomination of a "core" or forget about winning a playoffs series, much less reach a conference Finals.

sasaint
04-23-2019, 11:07 PM
Did you guys really expected anything else out of this lot? This is who we traded/signed up for..

3 archaic mid-range artists with long-standing reputation as career losers with zero fight or leadership in them.. They DID THEIR THING.

A bunch of one dimensional, regular season gimmicks who are absolutely worthless in the playoffs (Mills, Bertans, Beli, Bryn etc..).. They DID THEIR THING.

And he even if you fall ass backwards in a winnable situation you have a washed-up, old prick with zero killer instinct coaching the opponent back into the series.. He DID HIS THING

Good summary of a team constructed for mediocrity.

sasaint
04-23-2019, 11:14 PM
Yep they better break up that abomination of a "core" or forget about winning a playoffs series, much less reach a conference Finals.

The only hope that we have is for Pop to hang 'em up. LMA will be here as long as Pop is. I think Dumbmar will be, too, although I hope that Pop will revert to his old self and get rid of him with his very un-Spurs-like antics. I cannot imagine Pop's accepting those antics from any other player, so I have a little hope that he won't accept them from Dumbmar, either. Keeping my fingers crossed that Pop will move him at the draft.

spursistan
04-23-2019, 11:16 PM

There is only so much you could do hoping for a different outcome. I would be more worried more if this front-office thought otherwise..

It just seems like they opted for the easy, unimaginative path that keeps them "relevant"/"competitive"-- in a pretty deceptive professional lingo..

gameFACE
04-23-2019, 11:23 PM
At best I was hoping for a 2nd round exit. Technically that's still possible but not likely. I'm really not upset, tbh. Spurs are what they are. Denver is playing like a 2 seed.

spursistan
04-23-2019, 11:46 PM
Didn't expect anything out of Derozan; but Aldridge playing lethargic pussyball in what should have been favorable matchup was such bummer.

If he couldn't dominate this series, not sure where are we going with him from here..

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2019, 11:51 PM
too many mental midgets on this team who dont give a damn

Reck
04-24-2019, 12:01 AM
I said in another thread, the Spurs are way behind the times. Last in pace, last in 3 point attempts, while leading the league in attempts from the most inefficient distance on the count (10-22 feet). Only way the Spurs would've been able to make a bit of noise is for one of these modern NBA chucking teams to go cold in 4 games. I really can't blame the talent nor even Pop. Their style of basketball is at an inherent disadvantage.

I'd say mission accomplished for the season, that this team even got to the playoffs.

You can almost understand why this team's head honchos dont want to commit to a total reconstruct. They will likely not retain the success they have enjoyed for the past 20 years.

I think they figure making the playoffs is better than not. Just look at the Lakers.

how long has it been since they tried to "rebuild?"

The fact that San Antonio is such a shitty unmarketable place is also an issue for them. No one of note wants to play for them.

JeffDuncan
04-24-2019, 12:05 AM
I said in another thread, the Spurs are way behind the times. Last in pace, last in 3 point attempts, while leading the league in attempts from the most inefficient distance on the count (10-22 feet). Only way the Spurs would've been able to make a bit of noise is for one of these modern NBA chucking teams to go cold in 4 games. I really can't blame the talent nor even Pop. Their style of basketball is at an inherent disadvantage. ...

Oops, your brain slipped a cog there.

Gregg Popovich is responsible for both the roster, and the style of this Spurs team. The blame rests entirely on him.

spursistan
04-24-2019, 12:28 AM
too many mental midgets on this team who dont give a damn

More chance of them getting blown out again in Game 6 than even taking it to 7..Demar/Aldidge already with that all too familiar resigned look ..

duncan2k5
04-24-2019, 02:12 AM
Told u so

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 08:07 AM

I respectfully disagree. The construction of this team and resulting performance has everything to do with Pop and side kick RC. Pop traded for Derozen because he didn't want to rebuild with young players and picks. He and RC signed Gasol and Mills. It's like Pop is oblivious to how the league has changed.

PublicOption
04-24-2019, 09:18 AM
The spurs have always been cheap and this is what we really deserve. If they had promised Kawhi that they would pay him the max, and go over the cap to get great players if they had to, to win more chips, he would have stayed. But pop and company are misers and they would never promise that. The reason we could never win back to backs....is because of our miser-y, lol. So here we have it unless the Spurs start given up some cash, we are always going to be behind the curve....Now, the cap increasing I think they are still in miser mode.....they don't WANT to be at the edge of that huge cap....and its apparent.
thanks for chips Tony, Tim, and Manu....and Kawhi......but I think that will be it for a while.....the misers in this org will not let us get the talent we need anymore. I just hope we don't lose the team....but I have a feeling this team is headed to Austin....in the not so near future......e.g, 49ers.

sananspursfan21
04-24-2019, 09:18 AM

This. I’ve come to peace with it all. It’s been a fun season, ups, downs, and all. I don’t see the Spurs as needing to turn into a Rockets/Warriors three point chuckers to stay relevant, but their definitely has to be a shift on offense. I’m really excited to see what a DJ and refreshed, focused DWhite can do next year :ihit

Rummpd
04-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Game 6 either a 25 point drubbing or a ten point win - with this motley crew you cannot predict except if Nuggets jump on Sours early turn out lights

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 12:13 PM
They reached the playoffs in a transition year after Kawhi killed the franchise..mission accomplished, anything else is house money..

K...
04-24-2019, 12:17 PM
One playoff win last year (thanks Manu), two this year. That's real progress

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 12:19 PM
PATFO accomplished their off season goal. They traded their franchise player for a 30yr old regular season paper tiger. Making the playoffs was what they wanted over what was best for the future. Crater face is out in 2020, can't let the bastard go out exposed and hoping for lottery balls. Wouldn't be fair. We're stuck in purgatory (playoff fodder/ late teens early 20s Draft pick) for the next 3 years. Thanks PATFO!

SpursforSix
04-24-2019, 12:21 PM
They reached the playoffs in a transition year after Kawhi killed the franchise..mission accomplished, anything else is house money..

Fuck that. With what's supposed to be one of the greatest coaches of all time, losing to Denver like this is pretty crappy.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Sucks knowing that if Manu had returned for 1 more year, the Spurs probably win this series in 5..

Play Boban
04-24-2019, 12:24 PM
We are a 7 seed. We’ve done better than most people expected of us tbh. Us beating Denver was always going to be tough. :lol

jjktkk
04-24-2019, 12:27 PM

:tu

spursistan
04-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Sucks knowing that if Manu had returned for 1 more year, the Spurs probably win this series in 5..
Mugen (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519) made a great post a couple of weeks ago about how this team just doesn't have anyone who can make "winning plays" to stop the other team momentum or ice a game..

You know those 5-minute stretches with the bench where Manu draws a couple of charges, hits a three, dimes somebody rolling with blind pass or the Danny Green blocks party /transition D in a game where he shoots 2-9..

The concentration of low-IQ; loser mentality on this team is too much to overcome irrespective of their stylistic/structural issues.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Mugen (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519) made a great post a couple of weeks ago about how this team just doesn't have anyone who can make "winning plays" to stop the other team momentum or ice a game..

You know those 5-minute stretches with the bench where Manu draws a couple of charges, hits a three, dimes somebody rolling with blind pass or the Danny Green blocks party /transition D in a game where he shoots 2-9..

The concentration of low-IQ; loser mentality on this team is too much to overcome irrespective of their stylistic/structural issues.

I doubt Manu could have handled playing with DeRozan, he probably would have been disgusted just seeing him with a Spurs jersey on:lol it was probably difficult enough for him having to play with Aldridge .

timtonymanu
04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
They did about as I expected. That's why I laughed at all the "Spurs will beat the Nuggets," "Spurs are a 2nd round team" takes. It was evident ever since that Demar is a playoff loser, yet some thought he was gonna be fine like he had an inner Manu gene that only this "system" could break out. Or thought that this entire roster had enough heart to beat teams superior to them (I still think the Nuggets were always the better team, they just had to shake off the inexperience jitters) and pull wins out of their asses when they all year kept blowing late game leads on the road and choke away those games.

It was all false hope based on past Spurs success that still had a Tim and Manu. Lamarcus and Demar are both playoff losers just playing for their paychecks, they will both bolt when given the chance. When you're lead by 2 losers and another coach collecting his paycheck and accolades, you have this product. Regular season success, early playoff exit. Can't wait for the next Spurs project to look impressive next year while being benched and casuals keep praising Pop and setting him up for another playoff loss to an inferior coach.

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
PATFO accomplished their off season goal. They traded their franchise player for a 30yr old regular season paper tiger. Making the playoffs was what they wanted over what was best for the future. Crater face is out in 2020, can't let the bastard go out exposed and hoping for lottery balls. Wouldn't be fair. We're stuck in purgatory (playoff fodder/ late teens early 20s Draft pick) for the next 3 years. Thanks PATFO!

And after three years, probably more like 1- 2, there's a good chance we fall off the cliff and become a lottery team for year's to come. A lottery team with only one 1st round pick per year.

Brazil
04-24-2019, 12:52 PM

pretty much this

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 12:56 PM

Yeah.....and our two "superstars" get a year older.

Othyus Lalanne
04-24-2019, 01:01 PM
The only hope that we have is for Pop to hang 'em up. LMA will be here as long as Pop is. I think Dumbmar will be, too, although I hope that Pop will revert to his old self and get rid of him with his very un-Spurs-like antics. I cannot imagine Pop's accepting those antics from any other player, so I have a little hope that he won't accept them from Dumbmar, either. Keeping my fingers crossed that Pop will move him at the draft.

If i see a bunch of bitches on here dermanding some weakass coach who can be buddy with players i will shoot myself.

DPG21920
04-24-2019, 01:10 PM
You know what pisses me off the most about tonight? I have been a pretty big “defender” of DeRozan all year. I know he’s flawed as a lead guy. I don’t think it was an ideal trade. But he’s played well, shown growth (as much as you can at his age) & helped SA be a playoff team.

But last night? This was the performance that all the haters EXPECTED from him. And for him to come out with that type of effort (lack of), fight (lack of) and focus (lack of)? He just gave everyone the ammunition they “knew” he would provide despite him playing well all series.

It totally overshadowed that he’s been pretty good this series.

ZeusWillJudge
04-24-2019, 01:11 PM

He would have been enough to swing Game 4. But not that clusterfuck last night.

spursistan
04-24-2019, 01:11 PM
If they wimp out of game 6 without showing a modicum of fight or pride, how can PATFO-- so concerned for its precious culture--justify liking this group when they embody everything that's Anti-Spurs..

DPG21920
04-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Yeah.....and our two "superstars" get a year older.

Spurs are getting Murray back. That alone raises the ceiling a ton for numerous reasons. If Lonnie becomes a rotation player another huge lift.

Spurs were on their heels and now they have had a year to plan and evaluate. Judge them after this off season

ZeusWillJudge
04-24-2019, 01:18 PM
You know what pisses me off the most about tonight? I have been a pretty big “defender” of DeRozan all year. I know he’s flawed as a lead guy. I don’t think it was an ideal trade. But he’s played well, shown growth (as much as you can at his age) & helped SA be a playoff team.

But last night? This was the performance that all the haters EXPECTED from him. And for him to come out with that type of effort (lack of), fight (lack of) and focus (lack of)? He just gave everyone the ammunition they “knew” he would provide despite him playing well all series.

It totally overshadowed that he’s been pretty good this series.

I said it in the grades thread - go back and watch the game if you have it recorded. Mid-way through the first, he didn't get some foul calls that he thought he deserved and he quit. It's in his body language, it's in his effort, and it's in the results. He sulked and gave up.

I was with you defending what he had done. But he quit in a damn playoff game. And, yeah, it reminded me a lot of Harden a couple of years ago, when the Spurs took the heart out of him and he just folded. So what can I say? The people who said he was a playoff choker turned out to be right, I guess. A star player is supposed to make the players around him better, but he made them worse. In a pivotal Game 5. If a guy can't get focused for that, he really is a playoff choker. Even the best players have bad games, but that was a surrender.

spursistan
04-24-2019, 01:20 PM

or Game 2..

We just lost too many guys who "would bring it home" last couple of years..

Othyus Lalanne
04-24-2019, 01:32 PM
Spurs are getting Murray back. That alone raises the ceiling a ton for numerous reasons. If Lonnie becomes a rotation player another huge lift.

Source?

sasaint
04-24-2019, 01:33 PM
If i see a bunch of bitches on here dermanding some weakass coach who can be buddy with players i will shoot myself.

Actually I want tougher players who would be capable of playing for a demanding coach like Pop. I just believe he is over the hill.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 01:41 PM

They had a 19-point lead in game 2 against an inexperienced team with no confidence, they needed somebody to stop the bleeding when Denver made their run..going up 2-0 heading back to SA would have killed Denver's spirit IMO..

spursistan
04-24-2019, 01:58 PM
This is why Lillard is moving on to Round 2 while Aldridge will be Gone Fishin' after getting closed out at home..He is just not wired like that..

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 02:01 PM
with this series he has officially moved on from Lollard to Lillard

spursistan
04-24-2019, 02:05 PM
with this series he has officially moved on from Lollard to Lillard

I like how he's come a long way and grown up as leader. He blows Aldridge out of water in that department.

timtonymanu
04-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Remember when Aldridge first got here and we scoffed Portland and said he wanted to join a winning team. Only for Lillard to lead Portland to the 2nd round and now we have Aldridge begging to go back there.

Mikeanaro
04-24-2019, 02:19 PM
Remember when Aldridge first got here and we scoffed Portland and said he wanted to join a winning team. Only for Lillard to lead Portland to the 2nd round and now we have Aldridge begging to go back there.
Thats on him being a beta, not playing so great now and by the time he gets back to Portland they will suck again.

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 02:23 PM
we made the 2nd round in LMA's first season here and the WCF in his second.

Mugen
04-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Did you guys really expect anything else out of this lot? This is who we traded/signed up for..

And even if we you fall ass backwards in a winnable situation, you have a washed-up, old prick with zero killer instinct coaching the opponent back into the series..He DID HIS THING

Pretty much. Also pretty simple when it's laid out.

They managed to trade for the wing version of Lamarcus, pretty impressive tbh :lol

DWhite needs to take a leap next season and Instagram Baller needs to play like a top 15 PG in the league or this team is looking at the same ending to next year tbh...even if those guys get better, we're still probably looking at a 2nd round exit with LMA/DD on the team and another year older...

timtonymanu
04-24-2019, 02:26 PM
we made the 2nd round in LMA's first season here and the WCF in his second.

Yeah definitely the result of Nephew leaving. Suddenly the Guests have a more ideal situation for LaMarcus than what he has to do here.

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Yeah definitely the result of Nephew leaving. Suddenly the Guests have a more ideal situation for LaMarcus than what he has to do here.
and to be fair, portland had to deal with LMA leaving for nothing (not even a trade... at least we got poodle). they still never missed the playoffs since

timtonymanu
04-24-2019, 02:29 PM
Pretty much. Also pretty simple when it's laid out.

They managed to trade for the wing version of Lamarcus, pretty impressive tbh :lol

DWhite needs to take a leap next season and Instagram Baller needs to play like a top 15 PG in the league or this team is looking at the same ending to next year tbh...even if those guys get better, we're still probably looking at a 2nd round exit with LMA/DD on the team and another year older...

I doubt this team can improve much unless they trade their bloated contracts, not happening. 2 more seasons of this shit so the Spurs can blow money on Bryn Forbes 4 year contract and a 4 year contract on Marc Gasol.

K...
04-24-2019, 02:37 PM
And after three years, probably more like 1- 2, there's a good chance we fall off the cliff and become a lottery team for year's to come. A lottery team with only one 1st round pick per year.

Two things are true, one, this team can't contend unless the emo two get benched, but two, there's good talent on the Spurs.

There's really no science on getting alpha players. Lonnie, Murray, and White have as much chance at becoming stars as any pick in this draft.

Poeltl will be better than Zion for a few years. There are some years with obvious talent, but this isn't one. Nice role players, but no clear star

spursistan
04-24-2019, 02:56 PM

And who is responsible for putting the basics of this putrid basketball product in place?

Who traded for Derozan? Who thought having D White as our only decent perimeter defender was a good idea? Who threw away Danny like some fuckin' garbage? Who signed an expendable playoffs liability like Bellineli to two-year deal ?

r0drig0lac
04-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Two things are true, one, this team can't contend unless the emo two get benched, but two, there's good talent on the Spurs.

There's really no science on getting alpha players. Lonnie, Murray, and White have as much chance at becoming stars as any pick in this draft.

Poeltl will be better than Zion for a few years. There are some years with obvious talent, but this isn't one. Nice role players, but no clear star

what? Jakob was no better at basketball than Zion in any day of his life (and the difference will get bigger and bigger)

ZeusWillJudge
04-24-2019, 03:17 PM
They had a 19-point lead in game 2 against an inexperienced team with no confidence, they needed somebody to stop the bleeding when Denver made their run..going up 2-0 heading back to SA would have killed Denver's spirit IMO..

They had players who could have stopped the bleeding. Pop wouldn't play them. Manu couldn't fix that.

DPG21920
04-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Source?

Huh? I am talking about next season.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 03:33 PM

And who is responsible for putting the basics of this putrid basketball product in place?

Who traded for Derozan? Who thought having D White as our only decent perimeter defender was a good idea? Who threw away Danny like some fuckin' garbage? Who signed an expendable playoffs liability like Bellineli to two-year deal ?
What a senile faggot. Nuggets inserted Craig to defend White and put Barton back to his role as 6th man and it changed the series. Can't wait until he's finally gone for good and away from this team.

Rummpd
04-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Fuck that. With what's supposed to be one of the greatest coaches of all time, losing to Denver like this is pretty crappy.

Truth one thing to lose blowouts and epic choke jobs

slick'81
04-24-2019, 03:42 PM
I said this back in dec tbh

spursistan
04-24-2019, 04:29 PM
There is probably no upside to winning this series now, but if a 30-point loss embarrassment in Game 6 helps them see light; I'm all for it..

Doubtful though..If a shake-up move happens in the summer, it's more likely that one of their core players initiates it by making a trade demand (mainly Aldridge)..

spursistan
04-25-2019, 12:06 AM
Watch the Clippers and weep for our franchise..So much heart so much guts on the court...

Fuck this front office for making us root for bunch of undeserving losers..

itzsoweezee
04-25-2019, 12:11 AM
Watch the Clippers and weep for our franchise..So much heart so much guts on the court...

Fuck this front office for making us root for bunch of undeserving losers..

that clippers team is so much fun to watch. They're fun to root for. Their players look hungry on every possession.

spursistan
04-25-2019, 12:18 AM
that clippers team is so much fun to watch. They're fun to root for. Their players look hungry on every possession.

Yep. I'm absolutely embarrassed by our guys sulkiness and lack of effort/passion by comparison..

monty4329
04-25-2019, 04:21 AM

If you listen to the media, analysts and whaynot, it seems that the new set of rules and officiating was a surprise. If that's the case, can't blame PATFO too much, this same team last season would have done better.

But I don't believe they weren't aware of the changes in how the game would have been played and officiated, so yes the team was poorly constructed.
Murray is not a shooter/scorer anyway, so people pretending a different outcome if Murray was playing are painting a rosy picture, in my opinion.

Of course PATFO can do only so much, still in hindsight (easy, I know) we can say SA was fleeced by Ujiri.
I would have rather kept Nephew inactive than having DDR. Obviously I didn't say the same 9 months ago, when I was believing in DDR -and I was a fool.

monty4329
04-25-2019, 04:23 AM
Yep. I'm absolutely embarrassed by our guys sulkiness and lack of effort/passion by comparison..

And you see smiles. Not that many in SA.

TD 21
04-25-2019, 05:55 PM

There is probably no upside to winning this series now, but if a 30-point loss embarrassment in Game 6 helps them see light; I'm all for it..

Doubtful though..If a shake-up move happens in the summer, it's more likely that one of their core players initiates it by making a trade demand (mainly Aldridge)..

All of this . . . the thought of getting eviscerated (more than 30; something like 40) and DeRozan doing something that would really piss them off (like intentionally bumping into an official) crossed my mind during game 5.

Whatever it takes to get these senile idiots to at least consider trading him at the very least, I'm all for . . . unfortunately, we both know they're going to bury their head in the sand and this is going to be a quiet off season.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 01:33 AM
Most painful part as Spur fan is not losing but when your organization is the butt of cold jokes; when they are getting bantered on social media and other outlets like another run-of-the-mill, behind-the-times, dumb team that traded its franchise player for an annual "playoffs choke" meme, it is when you realize that the DNA of this franchise has been altered and it is the most depressing part of it all..

Sometimes a sweep for lack of talent but playing hard and in the right way is better than a disparate, ugly 7-game series loss without silver-linings..

TD 21
04-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Most painful part as Spur fan is not losing but when your organization is the butt of cold jokes; when they are getting bantered on social media and other outlets like another run-of-the-mill, behind-the-times, dumb team that traded its franchise player for an annual "playoffs choke" meme, it is when you realize that the DNA of this franchise has been altered and it is the most depressing part of it all..

Sometimes a sweep for lack of talent but playing hard and in the right way is better than a disparate, ugly 7-game series loss without silver-linings..

:tu