PDA

View Full Version : You have 31pts to assemble a Spurs team to dethrone the Warriors from Spurs teams 99-Present

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 02:37 PM
You have 31pts to create a team of 10. You cannot choose the dame player ( different versions)

10pts
Peak Kawhi
Peak Timmy
Peak Robinson

6pts
Peak Manu
Peak Tony
Finals MVP Kawhi
2014 Tim Duncan
2003 Robinson
Lamarcus Aldridge

4pts
Peak Danny
Peak Bruce Bowen
Peak Tiago Splitter
Demar Derozan
Stephan Jackson
Sean Elliot
Boris Diaw
2014 Manu
2014 Parker

2pts
Peak Patty
Robert horry
Nazr Mohammaed
Fab Oberto
Brent Barry
Geroge Hill
Micheal Finley
Avery Johnson
Malik Rose
2017 Danny
Derrick White

1pt
Matt Bonner
Davis Bertans
Rudy Gay
Richard Jefferson
2003 Steve Kerr
Corey Joseph
Gary Neal
Rasho Nesterovic
Beno Udric
Speedy Claxton

Peak Duncan, Finals MVP Kawhi, Peak Tony, 2014 Manu, Corey Joseph, Steve Kerr, Rasho Nesterovic, Matt Bonner
Richard Jefferson, Rudy Gay

Top Heavy I know.

Will Pop play the big guys 35+ minutes to make up for the lack of depth in my case. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 02:52 PM
2014 Duncan (6pts)
Boris Diaw (4pts)
Peak Kawhi (10pts)
Peak Green (4pts)
Peak Tony (6pts)

You can't find a better match up against them than this tbh. It's a 7 game series for sure. 2013 Parker killed them and that year is my favorite season of his. Timmy in his mid 30's still had enough to outplay Cousins the fat diva and be the best defensive anchor. Peak Kawhi, duh. Diaw in there to neutralize their donkey and expose his trash post defense. Finally, peak 2013 Danny so he can handle Steph or Klay while making them pay if left "wide open" like Tony said.

Edit: Shit, forgot the bench. Give me some 0 point players like 2013 Manu, Playoff Bertans, 50 Mills, Kyle Anderson, Jeff Errors

SpurPadre
04-24-2019, 02:55 PM
You have 31pts to create a team of 10. You cannot choose the dame player ( different versions)

10pts
Peak Kawhi
Peak Timmy
Peak Robinson

6pts
Peak Manu
Peak Tony
Finals MVP Kawhi
2014 Tim Duncan
2003 Robinson
Lamarcus Aldridge

4pts
Peak Danny
Peak Bruce Bowen
Peak Tiago Splitter
Demar Derozan
Stephan Jackson
Sean Elliot
Boris Diaw
2014 Manu
2014 Parker

2pts
Peak Patty
Robert horry
Nazr Mohammaed
Fab Oberto
Brent Barry
Geroge Hill
Micheal Finley
Avery Johnson
Malik Rose
2017 Danny
Derrick White

1pt
Matt Bonner
Davis Bertans
Rudy Gay
Richard Jefferson
2003 Steve Kerr
Corey Joseph
Gary Neal
Rasho Nesterovic
Beno Udric
Speedy Claxton

Peak Duncan, Finals MVP Kawhi, Peak Tony, 2014 Manu, Corey Joseph, Steve Kerr, Rasho Nesterovic, Matt Bonner
Richard Jefferson, Rudy Gay

Top Heavy I know.

Will Pop play the big guys 35+ minutes to make up for the lack of depth in my case. :lol

Peak Manu and Peak Tony>>>>>Peak Load Management

Your point system is faulty, tbh.

Also, Bonner should be a negative point along with his son Davis.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 02:58 PM
2014 Duncan (6pts)
Boris Diaw (4pts)
Peak Kawhi (10pts)
Peak Green (4pts)
Peak Tony (6pts)

You can't find a better match up against them than this tbh. It's a 7 game series for sure. 2013 Parker killed them and that year is my favorite season of his. Timmy in his mid 30's still had enough to outplay Cousins the fat diva and be the best defensive anchor. Peak Kawhi, duh. Diaw in there to neutralize their donkey and expose his trash post defense. Finally, peak 2013 Danny so he can handle Steph or Klay while making them pay if left "wide open" like Tony said.

Edit: Shit, forgot the bench. Give me some 0 point players like 2013 Manu, Playoff Bertans, 50 Mills, Kyle Anderson, Jeff Errors

Son thats too much points. You need 10 players :lol

r0drig0lac
04-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Peak Timmy

Finals MVP Kawhi
Peak Manu

2017 Danny

Cory Joseph
Richard Jefferson
Rudy Gay
Nesterovic
Claxton
Bertans

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 03:11 PM
Your points are a little fucked up. Two way players like Elliott, Diaw, and Jackson being worth the same as DeRozan is ridiculous.

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 03:16 PM
In Today's NBA I'd value Robinson's athleticism and ability to switch on the perimeter more highly than any other player's skill in franchise history. Also David was a 7 foot small forward on offense so in this SF driven league I think he'd be way better than he was in the post oriented 90s.

Peak Robinson 10
Diaw 4
Elliott 4
Peak Ginobili 6
Joseph 1

Horry 2
Kerr 1
Gay 1
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 03:17 PM
cool thread concept. thanks OP :tu

will come back later with a squad

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 03:18 PM
Sorry. I added another point to the total. It seemed impossible to comeup with a team of 10 that can compete with GS at 30 points.

timvp
04-24-2019, 03:20 PM
How did Peak Tiago make that tier, tbh? :lol

Interesting thread idea, though, tbh :tu

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 03:23 PM

Yo, can you edit the thread tittle. I was trying to create a team with 30 pts, but thats impossible unless you go with only one one superstar. :lol ( Wont beat GS)

Thanks. :lol

CapitalEmm
04-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Picking DeRozan or Bonner should give you points back.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Son thats too much points. You need 10 players :lol

C: 2014 Duncan, Rasho (7pts)
PF: Boris Diaw, Robert Horry (6pts)
SF: Finals MVP Kawhi, Rudy Gay (7pts)
SG: Peak Danny, Derrick White (6pts)
PG: 2014 Tony, Cory Joseph (5pts)

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 03:25 PM
In Today's NBA I'd value Robinson's athleticism and ability to switch on the perimeter more highly than any other player's skill in franchise history. Also David was a 7 foot small forward on offense so in this SF driven league I think he'd be way better than he was in the post oriented 90s.

Peak Robinson 10
Diaw 4
Elliott 4
Peak Ginobili 6
Joseph 1

Horry 2
Kerr 1
Gay 1
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1

You only going with 1 Superstar and a star?

Interesting.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 03:27 PM
Not a bad team tbh

versatile but might struggle with the threeball. But interesting matchups though

Tony vs Curry
Green vs Klay
2014 Kawhi vs Durabeta
Boris vs Draymon
TD vs Scrub.

TheGreatYacht

GreekSpursfan
04-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Peak nephew should never be in the same tier as peak Timmy. He better win something being the No1 option first. The same goes for peak Robinson. Peak Timmy should be alone at 10 points.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Peak nephew should never be in the same tier as peak Timmy. He better win something being the No1 option first. The same goes for peak Robinson. Peak Timmy should be alone at 10 points.

No one is arguing who is better than who.

The tiers are designed based on talelnt, Skill, and Team Makeup.

If timmy was alone at 10 pts or If Tiago wasnt tier 4, it would create very awkward teams.

Joseph Kony
04-24-2019, 03:34 PM
Wish you woulda had 2013 Duncan on there since he was first team tbh. I'll go with:

Peak Parker (6) / Corey Joseph (1)
Peak Manu (6) / Brent Barry (2)
Finals MVP Kawhi (6) / Davis Bertans (1)
Boris Diaw (4) / Rudy Gay (1)
Robert Horry (2) / Matt Bonner (1)

editted it a couple times but i think i like this lineup

timvp
04-24-2019, 03:37 PM

Exactly my first thoughts. Robinson in today's NBA would be a monster. On defense, he could defend the paint at an elite level and easily switch 1 through 5. He'd be faster than most guards so the faster paced league would fit him well. On offense, not being able to touch him when he faces the basket? RIP.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:26 PM
STARTERS (20)

C - 2014 Tim Duncan (6) - Still dominant on defense, elite rim protector, smartest NBA player ever and can take over in the post on offense if given a mismatch.

PF - 2005 Robert Horry (2) - Such a versatile option who can hold his own on defense when switched in the P&R. Stretch 4 on offense with skills and CLUTCH.

SF - 2014 Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard (6) - Kevin Durant stopper. Could switch on to Thompson or Curry if necessary. Does it all on offense.

SG - Peak 2003-05 Bruce Bowen (4) - Klay Thompson stopper. Could switch on to Durant or Curry if necessary. Stays in the corner mostly on offense.

PG - 2010-2011 George Hill (2) - Long arms and plenty of length against Curry in man coverage. Always a very solid defender. Can dribble drive or pull up.

That's a ridiculous amount of defense and size to handle Curry, Thompson, Durant, and enough size and athleticism to stretch them inside and outside.

Size A
Interior Defense A+
Perimeter Defense A++
Rebounding A
Post/Inside Scoring B
Shooting A
Passing B+
Ball handling/Driving B

BENCH (11)

6 - SG/PG - Peak 2005 Manu Ginobili (6) - Greatest 6th Man in NBA history; can spell either Hill or Bowen when more offense is needed without losing too much defense. Takes over ball games, clutch, and great at the FT line. Would likely replace Hill late in close games, or possibly Horry if we needed to go small.

7 - SG/SF/PG - 2007 Brent Barry (2) - Also a no-brainer for the value. Can shoot lights out (45% from 3), handle the ball, is quick, a playmaker, and holds his own on defense. Excellent option to have on the floor late in games (as opposed to say, Bowen) if you need FT shooting. Worked incredibly well with Manu.

8 - SF/PF - 2011 Richard Jefferson (1) - While not an adequate starter and inconsistent on defense, this is a no-brainer. 44% from three, including over 50% from the corner. Can drive, dish, and finish adequately. Would be a steal off the bench. Likely an offense/defense substitution for Bowen.

9 - C - 2004-2005 Rasho Nesterovic (1) - The price of taking Brent Barry over a cheaper player means settling for Rasho over Nazr Mohammed, the superior rim protector. However, Rasho held his own in the paint on defense, though not the elite blocker Nazr was, Rasho could rebound, block a few shots and also finish both strong or with the soft touch in the paint on offense plus hit a midrange shot if necessary (unlike Nazr).

10 - SG/PG - 2011-2012 Gary Neal (1) - A tough call between Neal, Joseph and 2003 Speedy Claxton, with the decision boiling down to being able to ensure you score enough points to keep up with GSW in case they get streaky even in spite of our elite defense. Neal wouldn't play more than 5-10 mpg, but would be on the floor if we needed a "spark". He's just as good as Patty Mills ever was and taller and could even draw a few charges despite being a net defensive liability (usually). 42% 3-point shooter, and could score in other ways as well. You just don't want him handling the ball up the court, but we'd have plenty of other players to manage that on our roster/bench.

= TOTAL (31)

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:32 PM
Exactly my first thoughts. Robinson in today's NBA would be a monster. On defense, he could defend the paint at an elite level and easily switch 1 through 5. He'd be faster than most guards so the faster paced league would fit him well. On offense, not being able to touch him when he faces the basket? RIP.

Robinson would be the lefty Kevin Durant in today's league

Also early career David had range. He made 25 threes in the '90s for his career but that was actually high for a center back then. He'd shoot and nail plenty of threes if he played a decade later.

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 04:32 PM

David was the easy ten point pick. But who is your 6 point pick between Peak Manu, Peak Tony, and Nephew pre Uncle Dennis going on the rag? Sean at 4 pts seems like a no-brainer.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:35 PM
also, 2003 Robinson shouldn't be worth 3x more than Nazr, tbh.

pad300
04-24-2019, 04:36 PM
White (2) 2014 Manu (4) Peak Danny(4) Horry (2) Robinson (10)
Joseph (1) Barry(2) Bertans (1) Gay (1) Diaw (4)

Should do the job. Could see Diaw and Horry switching roles a bit, but the 2nd unit needed some creativity. Maybe a stagger system with Diaw starting for 3 minutes, resting for 5 while Horry plays with the starters, and then playing 4 with the subs...

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:37 PM
David was the easy ten point pick. But who is your 6 point pick between Peak Manu, Peak Tony, and Nephew pre Uncle Dennis going on the rag? Sean at 4 pts seems like a no-brainer.

There's no law that says you HAVE to have at least one player of each tier. I went without a 10-point pick. My superstars are 2005 Manu and 2014 Leonard and 2014 Duncan rounds out the "Big 3" for me.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:37 PM

Should do the job. Could see Diaw and Horry switching roles a bit, but the 2nd unit needed some creativity. Maybe a stagger system with Diaw starting for 3 minutes, resting for 5 while Horry plays with the starters, and then playing 4 with the subs...
I don't like Diaw. He's too inconsistent and hesistant. Doesn't shoot 3s even when wide open... unless he feels like it. Not a rim protector. Horry was dynamite in the playoffs.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 04:38 PM

Peak Robinson 10
Diaw 4
Elliott 4
Peak Ginobili 6
Joseph 1

Horry 2
Kerr 1
Gay 1
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1

Problem with this team is the lack of volume three pointers.

GSW can overhwhelm this team with bombs that

Splits
04-24-2019, 04:38 PM
2014 Duncan (6pts)
Boris Diaw (4pts)
Peak Kawhi (10pts)
Peak Green (4pts)
Peak Tony (6pts)

:lmao

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:39 PM
My team is by far the most complete ITT.

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Problem with this team is the lack of volume three pointers.

GSW can overhwhelm this team with bombs that

I think you have enough three point shooting between Ginobili, Diaw, Elliott, Horry, and Kerr. Especially if we're talking this year's Warriors and not last year's.

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 04:44 PM

2014 Manu at 4 points seems really steep when you could have long hair 2005 Manu for only 6.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 04:47 PM
How mant games do you think your teams win the RS? :lol

Spur4ever
04-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Peak Robinson 10 pts
Finals MVP Kawhi 6 pts
Peak Bowen 4 pts
Robert Horry 2 pts
Brent Barry 2 pts
George Hill 2 pts
Nazr Mohammaed 2 pts
Kerr 1 pt
Gay 1 pt
Joseph 1 pt

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 04:50 PM
There's no law that says you HAVE to have at least one player of each tier. I went without a 10-point pick. My superstars are 2005 Manu and 2014 Leonard and 2014 Duncan rounds out the "Big 3" for me.

If you could have 2013 Duncan maybe, but 1994 Robinson would be ridiculous on both ends in today's NBA.

pad300
04-24-2019, 04:52 PM
2014 Manu at 4 points seems really steep when you could have long hair 2005 Manu for only 6.

Sure, but shaving the 2 points is hard, given the pricing set up. The problem is that decent bigs (against the warriors) are expensive in this list...

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:52 PM
How mant games do you think your teams win the RS? :lol

63-65

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:53 PM
If you could have 2013 Duncan maybe, but 1994 Robinson would be ridiculous on both ends in today's NBA.

1994-95 Robinson would be Durant like, but then you're a top heavy team with little to no depth

My team is deep, tall and nasty on defense with premium shooters off the bench.

Arcadian
04-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Just curious, how did you determine that 31 points should be the cutoff?

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:56 PM
It was 30 but then he added 1 point. I liked it. Otherwise I'd have to replace George Hill with either Cory Joseph or Speedy Claxton, so not ideal because neither can hit the three, Joseph isn't quite good enough on offense and Claxton is too small.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 04:57 PM

I created a few teams and found out at 32 and above its easy to pick 3 superstars and just a bunch of 1 point players.

It would make things really boring because the difference makers here would be 4 and 2 Points players.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Peak Timmy

Finals MVP Kawhi
Peak Manu

2017 Danny

Cory Joseph
Richard Jefferson
Rudy Gay
Nesterovic
Claxton
Bertans

Peak Tim + Peak Manu + Kawhi at the top of his Spurs game is hard to ignore, but that might not be quite enough defense and the bench has too many one dimensional players IMO. Not horrible... 55-27

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 04:59 PM
I initially wanted to do 35 but realized you can get peak Timmy, Peak Kawhi, Peak Tony, and elite 4 point players.

Really at 31 imo, you might be forced to pick a 2 point player instead of 4. Those 4 point players are elite role players tbh

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Peak Robinson 10
Diaw 4
Elliott 4
Peak Ginobili 6
Joseph 1

Horry 2
Kerr 1
Gay 1
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1

Not enough offense even with the Admiral + Peak Manu. Not enough defense in the starting lineup and the bench defense is laughable. 52-30 IMO

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 05:02 PM
C: 2014 Duncan, Rasho (7pts)
PF: Boris Diaw, Robert Horry (6pts)
SF: Finals MVP Kawhi, Rudy Gay (7pts)
SG: Peak Danny, Derrick White (6pts)
PG: 2014 Tony, Cory Joseph (5pts)
I just think Diaw is too much of a liability on both ends. He has unique skills obviously but his defense is shoddy and he is too tentative to shoot open 3s.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Not enough offense even with the Admiral + Peak Manu. Not enough defense in the starting lineup and the bench defense is laughable. 52-30 IMO

I think its a great post season team, but it going to struggle i the RS imo.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 05:03 PM

Bench is too weak and perimeter defense is too bad. Not enough shooting outsid ethe SG/SF position.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 05:05 PM

Elliott was inconsistent on defense and streaky on offense. Kawhi, Bowen and Green are much better options on defense tbh. But you really need 2 perimeter-defensive stars to stop the Warriors IMO.

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 05:09 PM
would be funny to select more than one version of the same player on the same team tbh :lol

pad300
04-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Bench is too weak and perimeter defense is too bad. Not enough shooting outsid ethe SG/SF position.

You're drinking. White, 2014 Manu, Peak Danny & Horry, with peak Robinson to switch on pick and rolls and you think the perimeter defense is going to be bad?!?

No wait, I take that back, you're clearly doing something stronger than booze...

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 05:16 PM
would be funny to select more than one version of the same player on the same team tbh :lol

they don't let you do that on Madden Ultimate Team, which this is clearly a game of

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Bowen would have been suspended for a full season's worth of games in the social media era, so take that into consideration:lol

ZeusWillJudge
04-24-2019, 05:51 PM
G-league players should be free. I would pick five from your list, and that would let me round out the list with carefully selected G-League standouts.

But I won't, because I don't like the game.

KimmyGib
04-24-2019, 05:56 PM

Peak Tiago was a rare and wonderful thing, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 06:03 PM
Peak Tiago was a rare and wonderful thing, tbh.
Still way too soft on both ends, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Bowen would have been suspended for a full season's worth of games in the social media era, so take that into consideration:lol

Not really. Zaur Pachulia did much worse in the SM era.

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 06:04 PM
I agree with baseline bum's point about peak admiral.

first draft

C - Peak Robinson (10) / Robert Horry (2)
PF - Rudy Gay (1) / Davis Bertans (1)
SF - 2014 Kawhi (6) / Dick Jefferson (1)
SG - Prime Manu (6) / Gary Neal (1)
PG - Derrick White (2) / Steve Kerr (1)

i think 2014 kawhi is too expensive for this team to work. im sure there are more optimal versions. or maybe prime manu is a bit overkill in the playmaking. swap him out for peak danny (4) and get some extra points to work with...

exstatic
04-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Wait, GS gets peak Steph, peak KD, peak Klay, and peak Raymond, and we only get 31 points to build our team?

KimmyGib
04-24-2019, 06:19 PM
Peak Robinson (10 pts)
2014 Kawhi (6 pts)
2014 Manu (4 pts)
Peak Danny (4 pts)
Derrick White (2 pts)
Gay (1)
Cojo (1)
Jefferson (1)
Bertans (1)
Udric (1)

Spurs4#5
04-24-2019, 06:25 PM
Peak Robinson (10)
peak manu (6)
dejounte murray (0)
Peak bruce (4)
fab (2)
sean (4)
Horry (2)
white(2)
Rasho (1)

Mugen
04-24-2019, 06:27 PM
Give me peak Patty and peak Bonner and I'd dare the Dubs match all that culture.

:lobt:

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Intresting. People picking robinson over peak timmy. Peak timmy was quick and ahtletic and was an absolute champions tbh.

outmap
04-24-2019, 06:52 PM
peak robinson 10 (unicorn in today’s nba)
2014 duncan 6 (old man tim plays the same regardless of age)
finals mvp kawhi 6 (best defensive kawhi was finals mvp kawhi)
2017 danny 2 (cant shoot but still one of the best defensive wing)
white 2 (2019 white is the best value starter at only

Rasho 1 (decent backup big)
Bertans 1 (can play 4 or 3)
Gay 1 (will only play if he’s hitting his shots)
Joseph 1 (can play 1 and 2)
Speedy 1 (good defensive pg and spark off the bench)

phxspurfan
04-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Stephen Jackson 4
Bruce Bowen 4
Manu 6
Tony 6
Danny Green 4
Sean Elliott 4
Horry 2
Bert 0
Speedy Claxton 1
DRob 10

Coyote 1
Melissa 10

phxspurfan
04-24-2019, 07:14 PM

Thats peak DRob which a lot of people have as the best spurs player ever, overall (my team included). It's a mix of Anthony Davis and Giannis.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 07:15 PM
Im not seeing peak duncans. The disrespect.

Spurs Homer
04-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Peak Timmy
Peak David Rob
Peak Parker
Bowen
Speedy

I'd play them 48 minutes and sixpeat!

sananspursfan21
04-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Peak Patty :lol there was a time he was an asset

daslicer
04-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Peak # 2 (10)
Peak Duncan (10)
Horry(2)
G.Hill (2)
2017 Danny (2)
Speedy Claxton (1)
Gary Neal (1)
Richard Jefferson (1)
Matt Bonner (1)
Rasho (1)

I'm counting on Duncan and #2 to be a Shaq-Kobe like force out there and cause a lot of damage on both ends along with the rest of the role players stepping up when needed. Basically I created a team that closely resembles the 3 peat Lakers.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Peak # 2 (10)
Peak Duncan (10)
Horry(2)
G.Hill (2)
2017 Danny (2)
Speedy Claxton (1)
Gary Neal (1)
Richard Jefferson (1)
Matt Bonner (1)
Rasho (1)

I'm counting on Duncan and #2 to be a Shaq-Kobe like force out there and cause a lot of damage on both ends along with the rest of the role players stepping up when needed. Basically I created a team that closely resembles the 3 peat Lakers.
Good team tbh

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 07:57 PM
2017 danny is disgusting tbh :lol

spurraider21
04-24-2019, 07:57 PM
2003 robinson is way overpriced

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Thats peak DRob which a lot of people have as the best spurs player ever, overall (my team included). It's a mix of Anthony Davis and Giannis.

also the guy who was too skinny to avoid getting bent over by hakeem

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Peak # 2 (10)
Peak Duncan (10)
Horry(2)
G.Hill (2)
2017 Danny (2)
Speedy Claxton (1)
Gary Neal (1)
Richard Jefferson (1)
Matt Bonner (1)
Rasho (1)

So when people say "Peak Leonard" they're referring to the Raptors version, right? Because the 2014 version was damn good and honestly don't think he's 4 points better than today's version in Toronto.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:20 PM
2003 robinson is way overpriced

Thought the same thing. Nazr Mohammed for 4 points less isn't really a significant downgrade.

daslicer
04-24-2019, 08:21 PM
also the guy who was too skinny to avoid getting bent over by hakeem

Agreed. It's why I picked Duncan over Robinson. Duncan was ridiculously strong in the post and could post up which Drob couldn't. Have to factor the refs are going to allow the Warriors to be physical especially Draymond,Bogut which will frustrate Robinson. Duncan on the other hand will be able to plow through both of those guys and get buckets.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Agreed. It's why I picked Duncan over Robinson. Duncan was ridiculously strong in the post and could post up which Drob couldn't. Have to factor the refs are going to allow the Warriors to be physical especially Draymond,Bogut which will frustrate Robinson. Duncan on the other hand will be able to plow through both of those guys and get buckets.
2003 Duncan is very hard to pass up, really. But 10 points is too much. Just like how the Seahawks just paid Russell Wilson. I wouldn't have done it if I were their GM. Need money to go around.

daslicer
04-24-2019, 08:24 PM
So when people say "Peak Leonard" they're referring to the Raptors version, right? Because the 2014 version was damn good and honestly don't think he's 4 points better than today's version in Toronto.

I would say the 2016-2017 spurs version. To me he was at his best during that season on both ends. A much better scorer than previous years and more consistent.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:26 PM
I would say the 2016-2017 spurs version. To me he was at his best during that season on both ends. A much better scorer than previous years and more consistent.

Yes but in 2017 his defense wasn't as good as in previous years. Maybe due to a higher offensive workload.

rascal
04-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Peak Robinson 10
2014 Duncan 6
Finals MVP Kawhi 6
D White 2
A Johnson 2 or G Hill 2
Jefferson 1
Neal 1
Rasho 1
Bertans 1
Joseph 1

Kurgan
04-24-2019, 08:45 PM

Peak Leonard is 2017 Kawhi. A force on both ends of the court. Raptor Leonard coasts on defense too much.

Millennial_Messiah
04-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Peak Leonard is 2017 Kawhi. A force on both ends of the court. Raptor Leonard coasts on defense too much.

Raptor Leonard is saving his body for Clipper Leonard, tbh.

vy65
04-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Peak Timmy
Peak Nef
Bobo
Bones
Bonner
Kerr
Neal
RJ
CoJo

Kurgan
04-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Demar at 4 pts is way overpriced. He belongs in the 2 pt category max...and even then I still wouldn't pick him for any roster.

vy65
04-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Or,

Peak Timmy
Peak Tony
Peak Manu
Peak Patty
RoHo
Derrick White
Kerr
CoJo
Neal or RJ

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-24-2019, 09:04 PM
Forget points. I'll put up our 2014 beautiful game team against any team, especially any of the "Championship" Warrior teams that never played us full strength

daslicer
04-24-2019, 09:08 PM
2003 Duncan is very hard to pass up, really. But 10 points is too much. Just like how the Seahawks just paid Russell Wilson. I wouldn't have done it if I were their GM. Need money to go around.

I would say Duncan,Lebron,Shaq are the 3 players in the last 20 plus years that when they were young you could surround them with anybody and you are guaranteed to have a top 4 team regardless of talent. When it comes to those guys you break the bank to keep them. Look at what Duncan did on '01-'02. That Spurs team was pretty weak and on paper should have won 41-45 games but ended up winning 58.

rascal
04-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Peak Robinson 10
2014 Duncan 6
Horry 2
Peak Parker 6
White 2
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1
Rasho 1
Joseph 1
Neal 1

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Peak Robinson 10
2014 Duncan 6
Horry 2
Peak Parker 6
White 2
Jefferson 1
Bertans 1
Rasho 1
Joseph 1
Neal 1

Too much emphasis on "bigs" team will get obliterad in todays nba

jbspurs
04-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Peak Timmy, peak Manu and Parker, Boris and PEak KAwhi. Yes, No bench needed

paperboy77
04-24-2019, 09:58 PM
Shitty list and shitty exercise. No 2005 Manu? Rod Strickland? Anyway, give me that 05 Team top to bottom and it would cancel these Fags out.

GreekSpursfan
04-24-2019, 09:59 PM
I see all your teams and they don't have the best closer of any Spurs team ever, peak Manu and of course Mount Rushmore Timmy. If i have these two i don't need much else outside of 3 and d guys. Your teams can't get it done in close playoff games.
Peak Timmy 10
Peak Manu 6
St.Jackson 4
Fab Oberto 2
George Hill 2
Brent Barry 2
Derrick White 2
Mat Bonner 1
Dick Jefferson 1
2003 Steve kerr 1

Toughness, Closer, Defense, Experience, 3pt shooting, IQ, legends. I beat all your teams easily tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Shitty list and shitty exercise. No 2005 Manu? Rod Strickland? Anyway, give me that 05 Team top to bottom and it would cancel these Fags out.

Godeln State in 5 against the 05 team, tbh

BSfromTX
04-24-2019, 10:25 PM
Peak David 10
2014 Timmy 6
peak Manu. 6
boris. 2
horry. 2
speedy. 1
White. 2
Hill. 2

only SF for less than 4 is Dick, but prime David could easily guard 3s today. Durant would shit himself if prime David was in his face

apalisoc_9
04-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Peak David 10
2014 Timmy 6
peak Manu. 6
boris. 2
horry. 2
speedy. 1
White. 2
Hill. 2

only SF for less than 4 is Dick, but prime David could easily guard 3s today. Durant would shit himself if prime David was in his face

This isnt going to work. Theres much ground to cover in todays NBA because of the three point skill. To only have one 6'5 and above wing is suicide

TDomination
04-24-2019, 10:45 PM

Obviously all speculation and opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Our best lineup would likely be
Timmy
Horry
Bowen
Manu
Parker

Bowen on Durant would be oh so much fun to see. If he thinks Patrick Beverly is frustrating to play against, he has not seen anything. Durant would get ejected every game against Bowen.
The spurs team would frustrate the warriors to the point that they no longer play as a team.

rascal
04-24-2019, 11:00 PM
This isnt going to work. Theres much ground to cover in todays NBA because of the three point skill. To only have one 6'5 and above wing is suicide

He only has 8 players so team is not legit as to the rules.

rascal
04-24-2019, 11:02 PM
Peak David 10
2014 Timmy 6
peak Manu. 6
boris. 2
horry. 2
speedy. 1
White. 2
Hill. 2

Need to have 10 players.

TheSpurglar
04-24-2019, 11:17 PM
Those 10s are a poison pill. Need to create a solid starting 5, and then have some semblance of a bench, and the 10s make that near impossible.

Peak Manu at the point, Finals Kawhi and Peak Danny at the wings, 2014 Timmy and Horry man the forward spots and the Warriors will fold. Bench is nothing special, but they've got athletes/defenders(White, Joseph) and shooters(Barry, Bertans). Rasho because you gotta throw a big out there at some point.

2014 Timmy - 6
Peak Manu - 6
Finals Kawhi - 6
Peak Danny - 4
Robert Horry - 2
Derrick White - 2
Brent Barry - 2
Corey Joseph - 1
Davis Bertans - 1
Rasho - 1

JeffDuncan
04-24-2019, 11:54 PM
So I can have Gervin for 0 points?

daledondale
04-25-2019, 12:11 AM
2014 Timmy - 6
Peak Manu - 6
Peak Tony - 6
Peak Bruce - 4
Robert Horry - 2
Derrick White - 2
Peak Patty - 2
Rasho - 1
Speedy Claxton - 1
Rudy Gay - 1

Down Under
04-25-2019, 02:25 AM
Is prime Kawhi 2017 when he was wreaking havoc defensively or now when he's coasting till the last quarter but taking a bigger load offensively?

paperboy77
04-25-2019, 06:55 AM

Not if they played in 05

Rummpd
04-25-2019, 06:57 AM
STARTERS (20)

C - 2014 Tim Duncan (6) - Still dominant on defense, elite rim protector, smartest NBA player ever and can take over in the post on offense if given a mismatch.

PF - 2005 Robert Horry (2) - Such a versatile option who can hold his own on defense when switched in the P&R. Stretch 4 on offense with skills and CLUTCH.

SF - 2014 Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard (6) - Kevin Durant stopper. Could switch on to Thompson or Curry if necessary. Does it all on offense.

SG - Peak 2003-05 Bruce Bowen (4) - Klay Thompson stopper. Could switch on to Durant or Curry if necessary. Stays in the corner mostly on offense.

PG - 2010-2011 George Hill (2) - Long arms and plenty of length against Curry in man coverage. Always a very solid defender. Can dribble drive or pull up.

That's a ridiculous amount of defense and size to handle Curry, Thompson, Durant, and enough size and athleticism to stretch them inside and outside.

Size A
Interior Defense A+
Perimeter Defense A++
Rebounding A
Post/Inside Scoring B
Shooting A
Passing B+
Ball handling/Driving B

BENCH (11)

6 - SG/PG - Peak 2005 Manu Ginobili (6) - Greatest 6th Man in NBA history; can spell either Hill or Bowen when more offense is needed without losing too much defense. Takes over ball games, clutch, and great at the FT line. Would likely replace Hill late in close games, or possibly Horry if we needed to go small.

7 - SG/SF/PG - 2007 Brent Barry (2) - Also a no-brainer for the value. Can shoot lights out (45% from 3), handle the ball, is quick, a playmaker, and holds his own on defense. Excellent option to have on the floor late in games (as opposed to say, Bowen) if you need FT shooting. Worked incredibly well with Manu.

8 - SF/PF - 2011 Richard Jefferson (1) - While not an adequate starter and inconsistent on defense, this is a no-brainer. 44% from three, including over 50% from the corner. Can drive, dish, and finish adequately. Would be a steal off the bench. Likely an offense/defense substitution for Bowen.

9 - C - 2004-2005 Rasho Nesterovic (1) - The price of taking Brent Barry over a cheaper player means settling for Rasho over Nazr Mohammed, the superior rim protector. However, Rasho held his own in the paint on defense, though not the elite blocker Nazr was, Rasho could rebound, block a few shots and also finish both strong or with the soft touch in the paint on offense plus hit a midrange shot if necessary (unlike Nazr).

10 - SG/PG - 2011-2012 Gary Neal (1) - A tough call between Neal, Joseph and 2003 Speedy Claxton, with the decision boiling down to being able to ensure you score enough points to keep up with GSW in case they get streaky even in spite of our elite defense. Neal wouldn't play more than 5-10 mpg, but would be on the floor if we needed a "spark". He's just as good as Patty Mills ever was and taller and could even draw a few charges despite being a net defensive liability (usually). 42% 3-point shooter, and could score in other ways as well. You just don't want him handling the ball up the court, but we'd have plenty of other players to manage that on our roster/bench.

= TOTAL (31)

Hard to argue with this team now can we get another coach perhaps? Sick of Pop

blizz
04-25-2019, 07:16 AM
People leaving DRob off any team are stupid.

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 07:48 AM
Prime Robinson and prime Kawhi are obviously best suited to take them down, but you'll need great team defense and be able to switch the pick & roll. A strong bench will also help you since the Dubs bench is trash. So I'm looking for good value deals before making the team top heavy. I'd go with:

14 Duncan / Rasho (7 pts)

Duncan had the same per 36 stats his whole career so the drop off is not that significant from picking prime Duncan and you save 4 pts. Center is also the Dubs weakest position

Horry/ Gay (3 pts)

good enough to give Draymond a headache, switch on the pick & roll and also 2 clutch players. Rudy off the bench would get you enough buckets to make a run and Horry stretches the floor.

Finals MVP Kawhi/RJ (7 pts)

Finals MVP Kawhi locked down LeBron and averaged 18 pts, again not a big drop off from prime Kawhi. It's enough to make life tough for KD. RJ off the bench was good against the Dubs on his last legs when he was with the Cavs, Spurs RJ was better than that version.

Prime Bowen / 14 Manu (8pts)

Prime Bowen would lock Steph up, can step under his or KD's ankles and shoots well from 3. No brainer for 4 points that's great value. 14 Manu ain't prime Manu, but again not a huge drop off and would feast on the Dubs bench. 41 year old Manu gave them problems in the playoffs, so 14 Manu would be even more trouble.

14 Parker/ White (6 pts)

14 Parker is not far off from prime Parker, so again good value. He will make Steph tired and once Steph rolls his ankle cause Bruce stepped under him, TP can attack that ankle with his quickness like he did in 13. You can hide him on Draymond on D. White off the bench gives you a good option if you need stops and again, should give washed up Livingston a run for his money

this team can also go small by inserting different combinations of Manu/White/RJ/Gay with the starters

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2019, 08:17 AM
notice most of the teams...no enrique?

Millennial_Messiah
04-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Hard to argue with this team now can we get another coach perhaps? Sick of Pop

If you include Mid 2000s Popovich then we're fine tbh.

GreekSpursfan
04-25-2019, 09:54 AM
notice most of the teams...no enrique?

Against the Warriors you need defense coming out of your ears, its not a knock against TP as a player tbh, it happens.

phxspurfan
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
and once Steph rolls his ankle cause Bruce stepped under him

I like where your head is at

MB20
04-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Peak Robinson 10 / Rasho 1
2014 Duncan 6 / Horry 2
Peak Bowen 4 / Peak Danny 4
Barry 1 / Kerr 1
Avery 1 / Speedy 1

All Champs, playoffs tested

Arcadian
04-25-2019, 11:59 AM
I'll definitely take Peak Duncan over Peak Robinson. Dave was known for being soft in the paint and a playoff choker. Tim, on the other hand, elevated his game for the playoffs consistently. Golden State can hardly contain Montrezl Harrell in the paint, so what the hell are they going to do about Duncan?

I would agree that collectively (Peak Robinson + 2014 Duncan) > (Peak Duncan + 2003 Robinson) ...but that only speaks to the decline of 03 Dave.

monty4329
04-25-2019, 12:09 PM
This is a very cruel thread....

spurraider21
04-25-2019, 01:03 PM
I'll definitely take Peak Duncan over Peak Robinson. Dave was known for being soft in the paint and a playoff choker. Tim, on the other hand, elevated his game for the playoffs consistently. Golden State can hardly contain Montrezl Harrell in the paint, so what the hell are they going to do about Duncan?

I would agree that collectively (Peak Robinson + 2014 Duncan) > (Peak Duncan + 2003 Robinson) ...but that only speaks to the decline of 03 Dave.
no matter sow soft in the paint you consider robinson, if the warriors cant contain harrell, robinson would eat.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 01:11 PM

You dont need both.

I think you can allocate 11 points for center againt gsw and you should be fine.

Peak TD - Rasho
FMVP Kawhi - Richard Jefferson
2017 Danny - Brent Barry
Peak Manu - Derrick White
2014 Parker - Speedy

Thats a 60+ win team.

The main concerns here are 2014 Parker, but you have Brent and White off the bench. Also player 8-10 is suspect, but theyll play 6-8 max and speedy and Rasho are both competent players. Dick is decent if his role is limited and playing limited minutes

Manu Can slide into the PG role if TP is having a bad game and you can get a competent player like Brent or Even white to make up for it.

BWS-1994
04-25-2019, 01:23 PM
When is Peak Robinson? How much would 99 Robinson be worth here?

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 02:00 PM
I just think peak Bruce Bowen should be a lock. Just to destroy all the ankles. I mean every year people wish for a Warriors injuy. With Bruce you get them injured, can lock one of them down, get in their head and get them ejected and he can shoot the open 3. All that for 4 Points? You gotta take that

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 02:01 PM
I just think peak Bruce Bowen should be a lock. Just to destroy all the ankles. I mean every year people wish for a Warriors injuy. With Bruce you get them injured, can lock one of them down, get in their head and get them ejected and he can shoot the open 3. All that for 4 Points? You gotta take that

He will be suspended :lol

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 02:05 PM
He will be suspended :lol

I'll take a Bruce Bowen suspension if it means KD or Steph are injured for the rest of the series

Nivek_ogre
04-25-2019, 02:31 PM
Peak Robinson was from 91- 96. Is that the player available? If so then he shits all over the warriors. And fuck that nonsense about choking in the playoffs. When Avery Johnson and Vinny del negro are your backcourt then you are over achieving by getting out of the first round.

Brazil
04-25-2019, 02:47 PM
Not sure why anybody would not start with Peak Duncan.. I do love some David but come on.

Rummpd
04-25-2019, 03:03 PM
This is a nice thread thanks for starting. Personally give me any years of Robinson, Duncan and Manu and I take a lot of whatevers to fill out. Kerr and Murray would be two I would target.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Not sure why anybody would not start with Peak Duncan.. I do love some David but come on.

Been saying the same thing. :lol

Peak Duncan
FMVP Kawhi
2014 Tony
2014 Manu
2017 Danny
White

And a bunch of 1 points :lol

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 03:27 PM
But the 10 points for the big superstars really limit your bench options.

sasaint
04-25-2019, 04:02 PM
Intresting. People picking robinson over peak timmy. Peak timmy was quick and ahtletic and was an absolute champions tbh.

But so was Robinson. Peak Robinson vs. Peak Timmy is a push/personal preference to me.

sasaint
04-25-2019, 04:11 PM
C: 2003 Robinson/2014 Timmy (12 pts)
PF: Robert Horry/Davis Bertans (3 pts)
SF: Peak Danny/Sean Elliott (8 pts)
SG: Brent Barry/Peak Patty (4 pts)
PG: George Hill/Derrick White (4 pts)

Not sure who would start or what the rotations would be. It would be a luxury to have either Peak David or Peak Timmy, but even 2003 David and 2014 Timmy would feast on the Dubs' bigs. I am happy mixing and matching all 4 bigs depending on the Dub's team on the floor and also happy with mixing and matching Peak Danny/Sean Elliott/Brent Barry. I really wanted a Peak Manu or Peak Tony, but I didn't like the dropoff for their backups, so I opted for what I think is a balanced committee approach. Pre-shoulder injury Patty was a great spark, and would have been great to have this season.

One of the best threads of this season. :toast I don't know how long it took you to figure this out, but thanks for the brain-teaser. It was amazing to see what a difference 1 point makes, either way.

Brazil
04-25-2019, 04:15 PM
Been saying the same thing. :lol

Peak Duncan
FMVP Kawhi
2014 Tony
2014 Manu
2017 Danny
White

And a bunch of 1 points :lol

:lol just some old schoolers being cute with their peak David because dude can run :lol duh

I like your list tbh.. need some Boris in there imho. Basically you take most of the 2014 beautiful game roster and peak Duncan and you are set.

I'd argue that the 2014 squad would be enough anyway

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 04:26 PM
C: 2003 Robinson/2014 Timmy (12 pts)
PF: Robert Horry/Davis Bertans (3 pts)
SF: Peak Danny/Sean Elliott (8 pts)
SG: Brent Barry/Peak Patty (4 pts)
PG: George Hill/Derrick White (4 pts)

Not sure who would start or what the rotations would be. It would be a luxury to have either Peak David or Peak Timmy, but even 2003 David and 2014 Timmy would feast on the Dubs' bigs. I am happy mixing and matching all 4 bigs depending on the Dub's team on the floor and also happy with mixing and matching Peak Danny/Sean Elliott/Brent Barry. I really wanted a Peak Manu or Peak Tony, but I didn't like the dropoff for their backups, so I opted for what I think is a balanced committee approach. Pre-shoulder injury Patty was a great spark, and would have been great to have this season.

One of the best threads of this season. :toast I don't know how long it took you to figure this out, but thanks for the brain-teaser. It was amazing to see what a difference 1 point makes, either way.

I like the defensive potential but imo it lacks perimtter firepower. Unless you're planning on going 4 down all day everyday, that team is going to struggle creating shots from the pick and roll.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 04:36 PM
:lol just some old schoolers being cute with their peak David because dude can run :lol duh

I like your list tbh.. need some Boris in there imho. Basically you take most of the 2014 beautiful game roster and peak Duncan and you are set.

I'd argue that the 2014 squad would be enough anyway

Actually my list is flawed. Injist realized i would end up with 32 pts.

Man those 1 pointer makes a huge difference :lol

How about

C - Peak Tiago - Rasho 5pts
PF - FMVP Kawhi - Rudy Gay
SF - Peak Danny - Richard Jefferson
SG - Peak Manu - Beno Udrich
PG - Peak Tony - Speedy Claxton.

I hate to leave duncan and Robinson out, but after thinking about this for long. This is the kind of team thats equiped to beat Golden State.

Tiago Pnrs with Tony and Manu, defensive beast trio in Tiago, Danny, Kawhi.

Thats the only way you can have three star players and still have rook for two elite role players.

Hmm. Maybe.

sasaint
04-25-2019, 04:39 PM
I like the defensive potential but imo it lacks perimtter firepower. Unless you're planning on going 4 down all day everyday, that team is going to struggle creating shots from the pick and roll.

I started out concentrating on defense. But Horry/Peak Danny are superior spot-up 3-pt shooters. Brent, George and Derrick are also decent threats. In the PnR, I think Derrick can be special. George is pretty good and even Brent can operate in PnR, although all 3 are probably better just driving and dishing. But, whether they come in PnR or through other sets with off-ball screens and/or driving and dishing, I would expect this squad to score enough that, coupled with great defense, they could take the Dubs.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 04:40 PM
All the starting 5 are young.

Only older dude in that list is rudy gay but hes playing PF anyway and probably play 5 minutes at most.

My minutes allocation will probably be

Tiago 36 Mins - Rasho 12
Kawhi 40 - Gay 6
Danny 40 - Jefferson 10
Manu 40 - Beno 6
Tony 40 - Speedy 10

Lots of minutes for the starters but man thats a scary team.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 04:45 PM
I started out concentrating on defense. But Horry/Peak Danny are superior spot-up 3-pt shooters. Brent, George and Derrick are also decent threats. In the PnR, I think Derrick can be special. George is pretty good and even Brent can operate in PnR, although all 3 are probably better just driving and dishing. But, whether they come in PnR or through other sets with off-ball screens and/or driving and dishing, I would expect this squad to score enough that, coupled with great defense, they could take the Dubs.

Geroge and Brent can do pnrs but they cant really drive consistently to the basket. I thinm an issure that might occur here is that Warriors will just sag off against brents and George limited threat driving.

None of Derrick, Brent, George have the complete PnR repertoire. Either they are poor at 3s or average at driving.

I mean their level is acceptble but imo against the warriors you need elite pnr. Imo.

Maybe go for

2017 Danny - Peak Manu

Over

Sean - Peak Danny?

sasaint
04-25-2019, 04:57 PM
Geroge and Brent can do pnrs but they cant really drive consistently to the basket. I thinm an issure that might occur here is that Warriors will just sag off against brents and George limited threat driving.

None of Derrick, Brent, George have the complete PnR repertoire. Either they are poor at 3s or average at driving.

I mean their level is acceptble but imo against the warriors you need elite pnr. Imo.

Maybe go for

2017 Danny - Peak Manu

Over

Sean - Peak Danny?

George is an excellent career 3pt shooter. He would make a sagging defense pay. I like the perimeter firepower, but that's why I picked Bertans over Gay at PF and added Peak (pre-shoulder injury) Patty. What do you consider Peak Danny? 2013/14? Without looking at the stats, I think there is a big dropoff from 2014 to 2017 Danny. Also, what is Peak Manu? Seems like during his prime (as distinct from peak) he always had injuries that kept him from really reaching a consistent/maintained peak. Besides, Manu is not an outside threat and probably better at just driving and dishing than actual PnR. Whereas Peak (2014) Danny was a deadly/fearless 3-ball shooter.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2019, 04:59 PM
2005 Manu is what I would consider Peak Manu.

2017 Danny was lazy only situationally. I think its great value evause around good players 2017 Danny van turn into raptors danny.

sasaint
04-25-2019, 05:00 PM

2017 Danny was lazy only situationally. I think its great value evause around good players 2017 Danny van turn into raptors danny.

Lol! I almost asked if Raptors Danny was available as Peak Danny!

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 05:13 PM

true, 2017 Danny stepped up in the playoffs. Especially in Game 5 against Houston. That's a high quality role player

Arcadian
04-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Peak Robinson was from 91- 96. Is that the player available? If so then he shits all over the warriors. And fuck that nonsense about choking in the playoffs. When Avery Johnson and Vinny del negro are your backcourt then you are over achieving by getting out of the first round.

Even if we refrain from saying anything negative about Robinson, there's no doubt that Duncan was the more clutch player. Whenever we needed a bucket or a stop, he just delivered. And his ability to quarterback the offense from the low post (sucking in defenders like a gravitational force, and then kicking out to shooters with perfect timing) is more valuable than what Robinson does.

rascal
04-25-2019, 05:32 PM
Actually my list is flawed. Injist realized i would end up with 32 pts.

Man those 1 pointer makes a huge difference :lol

How about

C - Peak Tiago - Rasho 5pts
PF - FMVP Kawhi - Rudy Gay
SF - Peak Danny - Richard Jefferson
SG - Peak Manu - Beno Udrich
PG - Peak Tony - Speedy Claxton.

I hate to leave duncan and Robinson out, but after thinking about this for long. This is the kind of team thats equiped to beat Golden State.

Tiago Pnrs with Tony and Manu, defensive beast trio in Tiago, Danny, Kawhi.

Thats the only way you can have three star players and still have rook for two elite role players.

Hmm. Maybe.

No, you keep both Robinson and Duncan as they give you a huge advantage defensively shutting down easy baskets inside. GS is not winning chucking up 3s all series.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-25-2019, 06:27 PM

10pts
Peak Kawhi

Stopped reading right about here

SpurOutofTownFan
04-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Just one powerful combo:

Starters
PG - 2014 Parker - 4 pts
SG - Peak Manu - 6 pts
SF - Peak Bowen - 4 pts
PF - Peak Timmy - 10 pts
C - Rasho - 1 pt