PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy Pop while you can

bigfan
04-24-2019, 03:14 PM
It would not surprise me a bit for him to call it a career after this season; he isn't the type to do a one year victory tour.

DC23
04-24-2019, 03:17 PM
I think next year will be his last and Becky Hammon will take over as head coach.

rjv
04-24-2019, 03:18 PM
pop will probably outlast most ST posters.

GreekSpursfan
04-24-2019, 03:20 PM
I'm starting to think that he's gone after these next two games.

illusioNtEk
04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm starting to think that he's gone after these next two games.

So will LMA

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
If PATFO fucked the franchise by picking Derozan over young players or picks just so Pop can make the playoffs one more year :lmao

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-24-2019, 03:31 PM
If PATFO fucked the franchise by picking Derozan over young players or picks just so Pop can make the playoffs one more year :lmao

Do you personally know every offer they had?

GreekSpursfan
04-24-2019, 03:33 PM
So will LMA

And then we tank hopefully.

Poolboy5623
04-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Enjoy what exactly?

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Do you personally know every offer they had?
I do know PATFO designed their last two off seasons for the present. Overpaying 50 Mills and Gasol and also bringing in 30yr olds Derozan, Gay and Marco, proved that.

Arcadian
04-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Nobody is "enjoying" Pop right now.

slick'81
04-24-2019, 03:54 PM
Enjoying mediocrity !? Ok

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Yep..this and potentially next season is Pop's farewell tour, it would have been unfair to watch him have to coach a tanking team, he deserves to go out however he would prefer..

Atl Spur
04-24-2019, 04:05 PM
some of you LAMES are so ungrateful!! be better humans in your day to day lives! Lol
side note: our bum ass president = lying asshat

jjktkk
04-24-2019, 04:11 PM

Leonard fucked the franchise.

Chomag
04-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Maybe we can now get a book from Pop on how Trump wrecked him. It might be a pretty interesting story tbh

bklynspursfan
04-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Leonard fucked the franchise.

^

SuperCam
04-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Yep..this and potentially next season is Pop's farewell tour, it would have been unfair to watch him have to coach a tanking team, he deserves to go out however he would prefer..

how's that any different than kobe ego tour setting back lakers by years?

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 04:53 PM
I don't think Pop would walk with a year left on his contract. But after that it's back to the John Lucases, the Bob Hills, and the Jerry Tarkanians of the league most likely.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2019, 05:32 PM
how's that any different than kobe ego tour setting back lakers by years?

Kobe deserved his as well, even if it hurts the team..

Spurs will never have a run like this again..

slick'81
04-24-2019, 05:36 PM
I don't think Pop would walk with a year left on his contract. But after that it's back to the John Lucases, the Bob Hills, and the Jerry Tarkanians of the league most likely.

Any confidence on anyone on the bench to take over

baseline bum
04-24-2019, 07:19 PM
Any confidence on anyone on the bench to take over

Definitely none in Messina :lol

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-24-2019, 07:28 PM
I do know PATFO designed their last two off seasons for the present. Overpaying 50 Mills and Gasol and also bringing in 30yr olds Derozan, Gay and Marco, proved that.

So no....

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2019, 07:33 PM
So no....
Lakers offered one of Kuzma or BI and picks, clippers offered Harris and picks. There, dickrider.

Spurtacular
04-24-2019, 07:35 PM
:lol No. Pop's not leaving 'til some time after Olympics, tbh.

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 07:52 PM

That's exactly what happened friend.

Dancelot
04-24-2019, 08:09 PM
I think next year will be his last and Becky Hammon will take over as head coach.
Agreed

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 08:09 PM

I recall hearing the exact same thing about Mack Brown and Tom Landry that both earned the right to go out however they desired. Uh no....just because a guy coached one team for a long period with success, doesn't give him the right to leave the team sucking for his own selfish needs. They are top paid making millions and aren't owed anything that is detrimental to the team.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-24-2019, 08:12 PM
I recall hearing the exact same thing about Mack Brown and Tom Landry that both earned the right to go out however they desired. Uh no....just because a guy coached one team for a long period with success, doesn't give him the right to leave the team sucking for his own selfish needs. They are top paid making millions and aren't owed anything that is detrimental to the team.

Agreed

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-24-2019, 08:13 PM
Nobody is "enjoying" Pop right now.

My first thoughts :lmao

Dancelot
04-24-2019, 08:16 PM
Lakers offered one of Kuzma or BI and picks, clippers offered Harris and picks. There, dickrider.
I’m not big on DeRozan but I think the raps package is better than those due to getting Poeltl, I think he kinda saved the deal. But I do think they could’ve done better however.

timvp
04-24-2019, 08:22 PM

:lol

I don't want Pop to retire but it's going to be hilarious when these New Age Spurs fans have to deal with a legitimately incompetent coach. That is going to be some 10/10 comedic value. One day they'll realize how good they had it.

":cryPop didn't play Young Player X:cry" is going to pale in comparison to when the Spurs roll with coaches like Jerry "How do I call a 20 second timeout?" Tarkanian, Bob "Double-teaming Hakeem is too complicated" Hill or John "We don't need plays, he just need to run, run, run" Lucas.

Oh man, that's going to be funny.

Twisted_Dawg
04-24-2019, 08:35 PM

I don't want Pop to retire but it's going to be hilarious when these New Age Spurs fans have to deal with a legitimately incompetent coach. That is going to be some 10/10 comedic value. One day they'll realize how good they had it.

":cryPop didn't play Young Player X:cry" is going to pale in comparison to when the Spurs roll with coaches like Jerry "How do I call a 20 second timeout?" Tarkanian, Bob "Double-teaming Hakeem is too complicated" Hill or John "We don't need plays, he just need to run, run, run" Lucas.

Keep in mind the common denominator back then was a circus carnival owner in Red McCombs who hired Tarkington and the rest of those mutts. Add in a semi incompetent Bob Bass. We no longer have that. The key to transition will be drafting smart and making good decisions on free agents and trades. The horrible return on the Kawhi trade, compared to what we could have gotten, brings back nightmares of some of our amateurish moves in the past.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-24-2019, 10:32 PM
Pop can drive me crazy with his lineups/substitutions, but there is no one else I would rather have.

offset formation
04-24-2019, 10:34 PM
some of you LAMES are so ungrateful!! be better humans in your day to day lives! Lol
side note: our bum ass president = lying asshat

Exactly this.

SouthTexasRancher
04-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Pop is washed up. He allowed President Trump into his head and Trump scrambled everything between Pop's ears like he was scrambling a half dozen farm fresh eggs. Time to retire, Pop.

MoSpur02
04-24-2019, 10:47 PM
From what I've heard he signed an extension. I believe it's for two more years, possibly three. I think he has an option after next season.

**BUSTA**
04-24-2019, 11:29 PM

Assuming one of Pop's assistant coaches would be the next head coach , which one would it be and which of these legendary coaches would the new head coach be like.

wildcardX
04-25-2019, 12:02 AM

Plus no David Robinson to keep them a 50 win team with those bad coaches.

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 06:30 AM
Pop can drive me crazy with his lineups/substitutions, but there is no one else I would rather have.

this. And I absolutely hate his playoff coaching, but he's still better than all these other guys. I just think he needs assistants who aren't yes men

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-25-2019, 08:09 AM

Look at you cyber thug calling people names cause they question you.

monty4329
04-25-2019, 08:14 AM

Makes sense, he'll run for president and hire as HC a masculine woman with zero experience but the right leftist narrative...And whom for assistant? A transgender midget?

MultiTroll
04-25-2019, 08:38 AM
I wonder if the new coach can match Pops 1st year coaching?

Hey maybe in his 2nd year a Tim Duncan type generational talent will fall in his lap.

Dverde
04-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Nuggs about to “enjoy” Pop one last time before they head to the next round.

MultiTroll
04-25-2019, 10:20 AM
:rollin

lefty
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM

UncleDennis
04-25-2019, 01:06 PM
Maybe we can now get a book from Pop on how Trump wrecked him. It might be a pretty interesting story tbh

I wish Trump would tweet him to stop sticking with lineups that allow 19 + runs over and over, sometimes in the same game. Then again he'd probably start them out of spite.

Philthemage
04-25-2019, 01:45 PM

As much as I hate seeing the Spurs lose, when they do the silver lining is always seeing the knee jerk reaction of these wrist cutters

TDomination
04-25-2019, 01:48 PM
Why, is the country banning it from stores?

https://images.medicaldaily.com/sites/medicaldaily.com/files/styles/headline/public/2014/06/11/soda-pop.jpg

gameFACE
04-25-2019, 02:14 PM
If Bud wins the championship this year I'd be more comfortable going for a Pop disciple as HC in the post years. Otherwise go for a clean slate. Kerr has won but he's really a Phil/Pop hybrid disciple, Doc wasn't here during Pop as HC era and Avery lost.

Mugen
04-25-2019, 02:18 PM

:lol Malone is one of his guys, Pop probably can't wait for the Spurs to lose this game so he can walk over for the post-series slurping.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-25-2019, 04:38 PM

:lmao

Rummpd
04-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Being usual jerk on post game

byrontx
04-25-2019, 09:38 PM
Great article on a great coach-
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26524600/secret-team-dinners-built-spurs-dynasty