PDA

View Full Version : Could be LMA last game as a Spur...

illusioNtEk
04-24-2019, 03:25 PM
I predict that if we lose this game or the next.. it could very well be LMA's last game as a Spur Nd will request a trade to Portland.

LMA will no longer be any good for us by the time our young stars mature... so I'd say trade him now while his value is high.

Enis Kanter and Someone else and a Pick?

slick'81
04-24-2019, 03:38 PM
Enis kanter? Wtf are u smoking

Joseph Kony
04-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Lol no one wants Kanter. dude can score in he post but has some GOAT level bad defense

objective
04-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Kanter doesn't have that big contract anymore after being waiver, besides, he's a free agent

Based on how successful the Spurs were in navigating the Kawhi trade, I think a deal like:

Evan Turner & Myers Leonard for Aldridge and Derrick White

Is a plausible scenario

slick'81
04-24-2019, 04:04 PM
Kanter doesn't have that big contract anymore after being waiver, besides, he's a free agent

Based on how successful the Spurs were in navigating the Kawhi trade, I think a deal like:

Is a plausible scenario

For real:rollin

jermaine
04-24-2019, 04:23 PM
I pray it is his last game. He disappears to much for my liking! His turn around jumper is missing in action. He's to busy tryna drive to the basket an draw a foul but the refs ain't buying that shit. Then he's missing fts like a scrub too. Fuck that dude man. Trade as ass to Portland for some bench players an a good pick. Win win for everyone. Aminu has to come also.

DPG21920
04-24-2019, 04:28 PM
I really dont see a path unless SA is going to blow it up. They made the playoffs and there is enough there to be reasonably optimistic that with Murray/Lonnie alone sa could be a 2nd round team+ and if that is the case, I can’t see SA blowing it up.

I don’t see a way they can trade LMA/DeRozan and get back win-now players, but maybe. If they could do that, then sure.

paperboy77
04-24-2019, 05:55 PM
Lol no one wants Kanter. dude can score in he post but has some GOAT level bad defense

Hey he'd fit right in!

DontStopBelieving
04-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Nah, we’re stuck with him for at least another year.

Spurtacular
04-24-2019, 07:33 PM

He did say and a pick, tbf.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Lets hope it's Derozan who is traded.

DPG21920
04-24-2019, 11:55 PM
I really forgot that LMA contract is only guaranteed 7M in the last year of his deal. So he has next season then it comes decision time.

alpha_HaZE
04-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Not sure who would take him at this point, prob only Portland.

monty4329
04-25-2019, 03:16 AM
The problem is not LMA, it is Demar. Get rid of DDR and LMA can go back to playing his type of basketball, which he is elite.

LMA nedds to have a half decent SF with positive attitude instead of that Loser Demar.

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 06:13 AM
Aldridge/White combo is great and they have great chemistry. LA is just easy to stop in the playoffs as a first option by double teaming. If you want him to dominate you need a perimeter scoring threat that can score from 3, not a midrange shooter who likes to post up himself. DeRozan messes up the spacing cause the Nuggets can clog the middle and start guarding DeMar at the free throw line

DavidTheGoliath
04-25-2019, 06:30 AM
Can we trade Demar instead? Albatross ugh

vavvi
04-25-2019, 09:24 AM
The problem is not LMA, it is Demar. Get rid of DDR and LMA can go back to playing his type of basketball, which he is elite.

LMA nedds to have a half decent SF with positive attitude instead of that Loser Demar.

Nobody wants DeMar tbh.
Only those who wants to get rid of even worse contracts.

sananspursfan21
04-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Now let’s not get carried away. He’s made leaps and bounds as a Spur and was the primary reason they made it this far. Sure, he should nut up and lead these guys but everyone’s pouting. I’m no more pissed at him than any of the other guys not named Pearl. If he can willingly transition himself, he’ll make a phenomenal luxury complimentary piece to the backcourt of the future. He and Poeltl together on the floor works surprisingly well too. I’m beyond livid at every Spur basically for lazily slogging through Tuesday night, but I don’t think this whole thing needs blown up. DJ and DWhite are gonna be a blast to watch next year and they’ll need as many solid veteran pieces around them as possible.

rjv
04-25-2019, 09:55 AM

Dverde
04-25-2019, 10:02 AM
He ain’t asking for a trade drama queen. He may leave after next year. That is absolute right as a free agent.

MultiTroll
04-25-2019, 10:18 AM
LMA will no longer be any good for us by the time our young stars mature... so I'd say trade him now while his value is high.
That ship sailed.
After one of his 50+ games would have been interest.
Ya one of the Contend Now teams might have given up a lot.
Playoff LMA, now other teams aren't gonna give much.

CIA Popped coming back for another 1st round ouster next year.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
04-25-2019, 10:46 AM
If not for Aldridge Spurs wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

monty4329
04-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Nobody wants DeMar tbh.
Only those who wants to get rid of even worse contracts.

I'd take any bad contract tomorrow. Kevin Love, Batum have ballpark similar contracts, I'd take them right now. Or Hassan Whiteside, that actually could work for Miami too, Riley might straighten DDR up.

I'd even cut him and stretch.

DPG21920
04-25-2019, 12:02 PM
He ain’t asking for a trade drama queen. He may leave after next year. That is absolute right as a free agent.

LMA has 2 years left on his deal

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Not sure who would take him at this point, prob only Portland.

Why would they? They are doing very well without him. He would not fit into the o.

Mugen
04-25-2019, 12:29 PM

Is a plausible scenario

crofl, dont forget RC throwing in an additional 5mil as a thank you

superbigtime
04-25-2019, 01:30 PM
LMA is a damn good player he just is not a HOFer like spurs fans are accustomed to. I would be so happy if spurs could ship derozan and mills. Derozan truly is a cancer.