PDA

View Full Version : Derrick White let down

razor247
04-25-2019, 01:22 AM
Watching him I thought we had something...you see once he was called out and then covered he turned into a joke that could barely get off a shot. I am most disappointed by him...no fire, no will, no backbone, bad body language the whole game.
Also, any coach in the NBA would not double-team fat slob...fat slob can only score 2pts however we double and he just passes out to a wide open 3pt and they make it...So easy its not funny yet we keep doing it.
That fat slob shouldn't be in the NBA with illegal screens, moving screens, illegal pushes, and no athletic ability whatsoever because all he really is, is a passer and he is loving what we are doing....Enjoy it fat slob, once you play someone with a fast break you won't even make it down the court...:flipoff

KimmyGib
04-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Don't worry, he'll be gone by next year when PATFO trade him to Golden State for Shaun Livingston.

:pop:Shaun is an aging vet who's gotten over himself. He also has a really nice mid-range game.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-25-2019, 02:14 AM
That’s harsh. White’s obviously not as good as his 36 point game explosion and neither is he as bad as the last couple of games, he’s just inconsistent which is totally expected from a 2-nd year player. He’ll learn from this experience and will find ways to counter it, for example they’ve sagged off of him and dared him to shoot 3s off the dribble,which he has refused to do. Shoot next time, even if it doesn’t go in shoot again. Only a couple of 3s going in and his driving lanes will open again. Confidence.

WallyTiger
04-25-2019, 03:06 AM
Clearly DW is a fake head, trade him for Kyle Anderson the real head asap .

rasuo214
04-25-2019, 03:14 AM
Maybe Pop needs to call him out/challenge him like he did Kawhi in the 2014 finals because he is the key to the Spurs having a shot in coming back in this series.

Texas_Ranger
04-25-2019, 03:16 AM
Hes a solid role player. Only morons though he was s star after one game.

timvp
04-25-2019, 03:31 AM
Eh, I'm still high as hell on White, tbh. First real season, plantar fascia injuries to each foot, obviously tired at times and he has still had a really promising playoff run. I know there are the "wHiTe ShOuLd bE pLaYiNg 40 mInUteS pOp iS HoLdInG HiM bAcK!!" Spurs fans but White is doing as well as we could have reasonably hoped heading into the postseason.

Remember, Duncan was a shell of himself in 2006 when dealing with a plantar fascia injury to one foot. It's the type of injury that doesn't really get back to 100% until you have an offseason to rest it.

White's floor right now is a really valuable starter who brings special talents to both sides of the court.

Big Empty
04-25-2019, 03:46 AM
Ah its his first real season he’s only going to get better.

Texas_Ranger
04-25-2019, 03:57 AM
if next season he'll have a season like Tony had in his 2nd year I'll be very happy.

Uriel
04-25-2019, 03:58 AM
Eh, I'm still high as hell on White, tbh. First real season, plantar fascia injuries to each foot, obviously tired at times and he has still had a really promising playoff run. I know there are the "wHiTe ShOuLd bE pLaYiNg 40 mInUteS pOp iS HoLdInG HiM bAcK!!" Spurs fans but White is doing as well as we could have reasonably hoped heading into the postseason.

Remember, Duncan was a shell of himself in 2006 when dealing with a plantar fascia injury to one foot. It's the type of injury that doesn't really get back to 100% until you have an offseason to rest it.

White's floor right now is a really valuable starter who brings special talents to both sides of the court.
What's his ceiling?

vavvi
04-25-2019, 04:11 AM
White being effectively a rookie won us a playoff game.
our max guys won us shit

exstatic
04-25-2019, 06:12 AM
Panicky cliff jumpers just panicking and cliff jumping.

RC_Drunkford
04-25-2019, 06:26 AM
I don't know what you expect from a rookie. This his first NBA season and his first playoff series. Of course he'll be inconsistent especially when the opponent already game plans against him. He will be more consistent next year and it's clear what he has to work on this summer: His offensive game/shooting. Once he got the confidence to be aggressive he will be great. He's just going through the motions right now and it's expected

JeffDuncan
04-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Just another little girl OP having a hissy fit.

NameLess Scrub
04-25-2019, 07:29 AM
Watching him I thought we had something...you see once he was called out and then covered he turned into a joke that could barely get off a shot. I am most disappointed by him...no fire, no will, no backbone, bad body language the whole game.
Also, any coach in the NBA would not double-team fat slob...fat slob can only score 2pts however we double and he just passes out to a wide open 3pt and they make it...So easy its not funny yet we keep doing it.
That fat slob shouldn't be in the NBA with illegal screens, moving screens, illegal pushes, and no athletic ability whatsoever because all he really is, is a passer and he is loving what we are doing....Enjoy it fat slob, once you play someone with a fast break you won't even make it down the court...:flipoff

I'm not that harsh on Jokic, but I've been saying it for a while. Stop doubling a good passing big so he can pass to 3pt shooters you can't recover to.

Moving screens Spurs can't do nothing about. They're good for business.

hater
04-25-2019, 07:49 AM
He is OK but not the saviour

His ceiling is a third banana at best

We don't have a 2nd or 1st banana as derozanand Marsha are also 3rd bananas

ZeusWillJudge
04-25-2019, 08:17 AM
I said it in another thread, but what the hell:

White was critical to the Spurs success in the first 3 games. They lost the Game 2 leads largely because the team was inept without him on the floor. Then he destroyed them in Game 3. Malone saw that, and his strategy was specifically to take White out of the next game. He made public statements about how they were going to get physical on him, just to give the kid time to think about it.

Whether you like Malone or not, it was a smart play. They banged the shit out of White in Game 4, didn't let him get into any kind of rhythm, and it got to his confidence. And it isn't that hard to understand. He's a young guy who didn't get any D-1 scholarship offers, had one year at Colorado, played in just 17 NBA games his first year, and had a total of 18 minutes of playoff experience. Now he's out there mixing it up with the big boys. There's a reason why people always talk about how important it is to have playoff experience, and you're seeing it in action.

His solid play hasn't been a fluke - he earned his minutes. He'll look back at this and get better, just like hundreds of other young guys who have gotten victimized in their first playoffs. (Let's say the 18 minutes last year don't count, okay?) In case some of you have forgotten, the Spurs were pretty damn brutal to Steph and Klay in their first playoffs. In three of the last four games of that series, GSW scored 92, 91, and 87. Curry still scored in Game 6, but his FG% was terrible, and he was something like 2-8 from 3P. Klay they just beat the shit out of in Game 6, and that was his second full year of NBA experience.

I'm not comparing White to Klay or Steph except to say that young players, even good ones, struggle in the heat of their first playoffs. There are plenty of Spur players to bitch about, but White probably isn't one of them.

ZeusWillJudge
04-25-2019, 08:19 AM
He is OK but not the saviour

His ceiling is a third banana at best

We don't have a 2nd or 1st banana as derozanand Marsha are also 3rd bananas

I'll take a third banana who keeps the offense flowing and doesn't turn the ball over. Especially from a 29th pick. If the other two guys were the kind that make the players around them better, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2019, 08:35 AM
white on the court, they play with confidence

white off the court, lma and ddr play like horseshit...

ZeusWillJudge
04-25-2019, 08:37 AM
white on the court, they play with confidence

white off the court, lma and ddr play like horseshit...

:tu Exactly.

Brazil
04-25-2019, 08:44 AM
people bitching and whinning about White are freaking clueless tbh

SpaceCoast Spursfan
04-25-2019, 08:48 AM
DWhite will be just fine, and will continue to improve. This is one area where I am most critical of Pop. I think last game he should of been sending a clear message to White to let the three ball fly or look for pull up 18-20 footer as it was obvious they were taking away the drive. Derrick needs to know he has the green light and that even if he misses he is not getting pulled early. You don't want to be like so many teams that just let their young guys do whatever they want and never become high BBall IQ guys, but you do need them to play loose & with confidence.

Kobe'sAchilles
04-25-2019, 08:57 AM
It's a letdown if you expected him to lead us to a playoff series victory as basically a rookie and the 29th pick in the draft. Not everyone is Tony Parker. But seriously, his play needs to improve tonight. If he doesn't go out swinging (and not just him but this whole team) then it will be a letdown.

However, the future is bright for the kid. He is far more complete then anybody saw him being. He gets an offseason to rest and get healthy plus time to watch game film and see where he can improve both offensively and defensively. We will see a better Derrick White going forward

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2019, 08:57 AM
DWhite will be just fine, and will continue to improve. This is one area where I am most critical of Pop. I think last game he should of been sending a clear message to White to let the three ball fly or look for pull up 18-20 footer as it was obvious they were taking away the drive. Derrick needs to know he has the green light and that even if he misses he is not getting pulled early. You don't want to be like so many teams that just let their young guys do whatever they want and never become high BBall IQ guys, but you do need them to play loose & with confidence.

i doubt pop will give white the green light to chuck, cause he dont want to upset lma feelings and ddr mentality, then his bastard child patty/forbes off the bench

cd98
04-25-2019, 09:11 AM
Oh No a 2nd year player had two bad games in his first playoffs! Oh no. Please no one tell James Harden, who had bad games as a vet and got blocked on a final shot by a 40 year old latino dude. Because I would not want Harden on my team right now.

TheRemix
04-25-2019, 09:14 AM
I mean d white is showing some promise. Growing pains are what we're seeing. The real let downs are LMA and derozan. Just awful production from those 2

rjv
04-25-2019, 09:55 AM
this is, as manu stated many times, what one calls 'regressing to the mean'.

acoelho1
04-25-2019, 05:03 PM
To be a star in this league you need talent but just as important, you need the mental toughness and a superior confidence level in your abilities which I’m not sure White has it in him. Murray on the other hand may lack the all around game that White possesses but he has the mental makeup to take his talents to stardom.

Rosewood
04-25-2019, 05:18 PM
I don't say this lightly, OP you're fucking retarded.