PDA

View Full Version : U guys think letting jokic go off in game 7 is a good idea or bad?

hater
04-25-2019, 09:43 PM
I'd say it's a good idea. Mcnuggetz look lost when jokic and the dog looking guy running the shots

https://twitter.com/nofvce_/status/1121604865921171457?s=19

hater
Murry yeah that's his name

Niga looks like shaggy dog :lmao

HarlemHeat37
Definitely good..even when his scoring is on like tonight, he's always looking for the pass first..

Corp1
04-25-2019, 09:49 PM
The Spurs should never double Jokic, let him get his and keep everyone else in check.

hater
04-25-2019, 09:51 PM
This dog jigas

Murray reminds me of this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Muttley-picture.gif

8sy21vd
04-25-2019, 09:52 PM
I think so. It's there 3-pt shooting that kills us. Let Jokic work hard and hopefully the big sloth will gas out and the tires will fall off. They got to give him different looks though like faking doubles. LMA got to make him work on D.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
04-25-2019, 09:54 PM
I agree, said in the GT we should play like we use to with Nash/Amare Suns. Play him straight up especially since LMA and Jakob do a decent job of making him hit tough shots. Also gotta really crash the boards, after 6 games we still are ball watching and not consistently getting bodies on guys

MultiTroll
04-25-2019, 09:55 PM
If we let Jokic shoot, what's the plan when he does pass out?
Can't see Denver going 6-24 on treys at home.

sananspursfan21
04-25-2019, 09:55 PM
Good move. Let him go off and contain everyone else. I’ve hated on him all season. I’ve called him overrated (still believe). All that aside, he’s this league’s only hope of getting back to a more traditional big man. I’d say he could revolutionize the NBA, but he could bring it back to what it always should have been. Not this gay “new league” fad garbage.

04-25-2019, 09:57 PM
2pts < 3pts

Can't let the shooters get into a rhythm. B2b threes create game changing momentum shifts

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Let him go off on his boyfriend and not us :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2019, 09:58 PM

Our guy Tim Duncan is very possibly gay, no need to make homophobic jokes..

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-25-2019, 10:00 PM
I think so. It's there 3-pt shooting that kills us. Let Jokic work hard and hopefully the big sloth will gas out and the tires will fall off. They got to give him different looks though like faking doubles. LMA got to make him work on D.

This

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2019, 10:01 PM

Fuck off troll, he has had two wives and has plowed more pussy than you will ever walk by in your life.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2019, 10:06 PM
Fuck off troll, he has had two wives and has plowed more pussy than you will ever walk by in your life.

Woah, why would it upset you so much if Duncan is gay? It's 2019:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2019, 10:07 PM

Get the fuck out of here you troll ass bitch. Trying to enjoy the win, not indulge in your homosexual faggotry.

Mugen
04-25-2019, 10:08 PM

American Beauty tbh :lol

CitizenDwayne
04-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Chill guys, it’s not gay if the guy you’re making out with is also your brother

And yes he just got a 40 pt tripdub and Spurs won by 20, I’d say let him go off

Stabula
04-25-2019, 10:14 PM

Tim Duncan is bisexual. It is known.

Stabula
American Beauty tbh :lol

:lol that's a good movie btw

HarlemHeat37
Get the fuck out of here you troll ass bitch. Trying to enjoy the win, not indulge in your homosexual faggotry.
My guy, why do you care what 2 consenting adults do in their own bedroom? Is it a religious thing?

DAF86
04-25-2019, 10:16 PM

We are all here for you if you feel like you have something to get off your chest, tbh.

WallyTiger
04-25-2019, 10:17 PM
If Tim Duncan is gay , then who is his boyfriend ? David Robinson?
Brent Barry ?

BackHome
04-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Fucked how far has this forum fallen

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2019, 10:20 PM
My guy, why do you care what 2 consenting adults do in their own bedroom? Is it a religious thing?

I dont care if anyone is gay but Im not gonna let you lie about Tim Duncan. He has a wife and children. Now fuck right off.

TD 21
04-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Not that any of this matters, but :lmao at the notion of a man who was married and has 2 kids being gay. Maybe he's bi or maybe he's straight and some of you confused an unsubstantiated rumor for truth.

And again, not like it matters, but it should have been obvious that it was Jokic's brother. Even if he were gay or bi, you're not going to see a public display of it out of a professional athlete.

KDKSpurs24
04-25-2019, 10:32 PM
I dont care if anyone is gay but Im not gonna let you lie about Tim Duncan. He has a wife and children. Now fuck right off.
This thread has taken an awkward turn but I can’t ignore this. How old are you? You’re pretty naive if you think if a man has a wife and kids then he can’t be gay 😂. There are plenty of “undercovers”. In fact, there was this woman on a Facebook video that my sister showed me who was exposing undercover men with families

Note: It doesn’t matter to me who’s gay I was just baffled that you think that way

spursistan
04-25-2019, 10:32 PM
Not that any of this matters, but :lmao at the notion of a man who was married and has 2 kids being gay. Maybe he's bi or maybe he's straight and some of you confused an unsubstantiated rumor for truth.

And again, not like it matters, but it should have been obvious that it was Jokic's brother. Even if he were gay or bi, you're not going to see a public display of it out of a professional athlete.

One of the weirdest shticks on ST :lol..

Duncan isn't "black enough", stereotypically speaking , so he must be gay :madrun..

Slippy
04-25-2019, 10:35 PM
It's ok because they ain't doubling but on the switch they getting killed.

Jacob needs to be quick with hands up on Jokics quick release and when you got Patty on the switch just give up a lay up already. As long they don't give up a three on a double , spurs can live with jokic going off.

Slippy
04-25-2019, 10:35 PM
Double

itzsoweezee
04-25-2019, 10:38 PM
I've been saying this since before game 1, jokic can score but that's not his preference. He wants to pass and move the ball. Make him into a scorer and don't give up any open threes.

daslicer
04-25-2019, 10:54 PM
One of the weirdest shticks on ST :lol..

Duncan isn't "black enough", stereotypically speaking , so he must be gay :madrun..

:lol In Harlem's eyes he's not a great civil rights leader like Lebron so he has to be gay.

rascal
04-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Good move. Let him go off and contain everyone else. I’ve hated on him all season. I’ve called him overrated (still believe). All that aside, he’s this league’s only hope of getting back to a more traditional big man. I’d say he could revolutionize the NBA, but he could bring it back to what it always should have been. Not this gay “new league” fad garbage.

Not overrated. He is the best player in this series.

DPG21920
04-25-2019, 11:08 PM
I mean, this thread makes it seem like SA has a choice to shut Jokic down. Poeltl has done the best, but he’s getting what he wants. I agree with not doubling but he’s been killing SA.

SpurPadre
04-25-2019, 11:39 PM
Duncan is a gun nut who hunts animals for "sport". Those types tend to hate gay people so I doubt he's gay, tbh.

8FOR!3
04-25-2019, 11:42 PM
I mean, this thread makes it seem like SA has a choice to shut Jokic down. Poeltl has done the best, but he’s getting what he wants. I agree with not doubling but he’s been killing SA.

Agreed, Poeltl has defended him well though. Defend the drive foremost (don't jump and fall for the pump fake.) If he does shoot, contest the shot as well as possible. He really hurts on pick and rolls, Murray or whoever are either getting easy short range shots or he's getting a layup. Granted they don't make them every time, it's still high percentage and tough to defend especially with our personnel. I think you play tough defense though and stick to your principles and try to keep them around 100 points. The second something starts going south and they start going on a run you call timeout (Pop did a good job of that tonight, same goes with when we're playing GSW.) They key to beating Denver is really just to contain their outbursts and big runs and the best way to do that is to nip it in the ass sooner rather than later by calling timeouts and making adjustments and/or subs.

coachmac87
04-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Definitely good..even when his scoring is on like tonight, he's always looking for the pass first..

Honestly just shows how fucking good he is....

They’d be legit if they had a true consistent star at the guard or wing positions

jbspurs
04-25-2019, 11:47 PM
The Spurs should never double Jokic, let him get his and keep everyone else in check.

I agree, they're more deadly when others get going.

BillMc
04-25-2019, 11:50 PM

They’d be legit if they had a true consistent star at the guard or wing positions

They're the number 2 seed in the toughest conference in the world, so they're pretty legit. But I know what you mean. They need that other piece.

John B
04-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Well he did still have 8 assists. But we took care of 3 shots and transition baskets. I guess stop him from being a facilitator, and let him go off than Harris, Barton, etc off an assists. But still I will close-out on him

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-26-2019, 02:54 AM
They should throw occasional double teams at him to keep him guessing but definitely not from 1 pass away on the strong side. He’s too good and if their streaky shooters get hot it’ll be game over for the Spurs.

r0drig0lac
04-26-2019, 05:00 AM

Jimmy Butler would be perfect for them (or for the Jazz), they are an Iguolada (Denver for GSW) far from being an elite team

cd021
04-26-2019, 06:15 AM
If we let Jokic shoot, what's the plan when he does pass out?
Can't see Denver going 6-24 on treys at home.

I think it was a regression to the mean tbh. They hit 44 3's over a 3 game span, during the RS they hit 11 per game on 35% shooting. They shot 10% better than that over game 3, 4, and 5.

Jokic going one on one means that he'll likely be aggressive and looking to score and less likely to pass out.

Also he'll be playing 40 minutes; with Murray hit or miss, Jokic will have to carry the offense and try and stop Aldridge on defense while also protecting the rim from drives. Might be a scenario where he gets gassed late, especially sense Plumlee doesn't seem to be a capable backup.

cd021
04-26-2019, 06:26 AM
I think it's a good strategy, in theory, bate him into being super aggressive on offense while the other Nuggets are kept in check.

Murray and Jokic combined for 59 on 48 attempts.

The other 6 players in the rotation combined for just 44 points on 45 attempts :wow

Also Jokic's 3pt shooting is bound to come back down to earth, one would hope, he's a 30.7% shooter but is hitting 38% in the series, him cooling off and the fact that he averages on 4.7 FT attempts in 36 mpg makes the strategy more viable.

hater
04-26-2019, 06:40 AM

:lol

SpaceCoast Spursfan
04-26-2019, 06:55 AM
Also last night they attempted 7 less 3 point shots than they avg the regular season & playoffs, in part because of the Spurs not helping in the post as much

hater
04-26-2019, 08:06 AM

But we do. We can double him every time

And nobody mentioned shutting jokic down but just not letting him go off for 40

hater
04-26-2019, 08:08 AM
I think it's a good strategy, in theory, bate him into being super aggressive on offense while the other Nuggets are kept in check.

Murray and Jokic combined for 59 on 48 attempts.

The other 6 players in the rotation combined for just 44 points on 45 attempts :wow

Also Jokic's 3pt shooting is bound to come back down to earth, one would hope, he's a 30.7% shooter but is hitting 38% in the series, him cooling off and the fact that he averages on 4.7 FT attempts in 36 mpg makes the strategy more viable.

There is only 1 game left in the series and it's game 7 in denver

We have to assume jokic will shoot lights out

jbspurs
04-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Spurs should attack Jokic early and get him in foul trouble. Less Jokic on the floor, the better chance of Spurs winning.

cd021
04-26-2019, 08:25 AM
There is only 1 game left in the series and it's game 7 in denver

We have to assume jokic will shoot lights out

Sure; maybe not 17-3, or whatever it was, but single coverage and staying at home on shooters is key.

He went for 43 while every other rotation player not named Murray managed only 44 points on 45 shots.

Hope that White can hold Murray to another bad night, let Jokic try and carry the offense and focus on the other guys.

UncleDennis
04-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Definitely. Jokic on his own can't do the damage that letting Beasley, Morris, Harris, and Craig all have field days against us. Those guys have been the low key reason why Denver wasn't bounced already. I think last night was the first damn night Beasley met any defensive resistance at the rim, that resistance can change your attitude pretty fast. It'd be nice if Harris reverted to his regular season 3% percentage for game 7 though, fuckin 33% for the season and over 40+ for the playoffs, just great.

I have to admit that coming in to the series I thought Jokic was pretty suspect. Just mostly off watching Aldridge best him in the regular season match ups the last season or two but after a shaky start, I have to admit I was wrong and he's a lot better then I gave him credit for. Aldridge has to make him work on defense, Aldridge just has to get him to bite on a few fakes and he can drive the lane, he's not fast enough to recover and not bail him out on far out difficult turn around shots.

GreekSpursfan
04-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Our only hope is Murray isn't 100% which is probably the case as we've seen him on the bench not feeling well. If Murray is 100% no White is gonna hold him. Lets not forget what happened to White in some of our losses.
As for leaving Jokic, we're not leaving him, he's just better than Poetl and is torching him with ease. Poetl is trying and he helps a lot but you got to have the defensive IQ to match Jokic offensive IQ.

in2deep
04-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Our only hope is Murray isn't 100% which is probably the case as we've seen him on the bench not feeling well. If Murray is 100% no White is gonna hold him. Lets not forget what happened to White in some of our losses.
As for leaving Jokic, we're not leaving him, he's just better than Poetl and is torching him with ease. Poetl is trying and he helps a lot but you got to have the defensive IQ to match Jokic offensive IQ.

He will be fine

He seems to me he's a bit of a overdramatic queen tbqh

phxspurfan
04-26-2019, 01:45 PM
The A’’’mare defense. Genius tbh

DAF86
04-26-2019, 01:49 PM

There are lots of gay men that married a woman and got children, tbh. Especially from back in the days, when people were more close-minded and gay men had to repress themselves. Not saying that's Duncan's case, obviously.

cd021
04-26-2019, 01:55 PM

Spurs held Murray to 16 points on 18 shots, whether he's healthy or not he can literally be hit or miss. If he can't score even a point per possession then the Spurs have a great shot of winning.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2019, 03:27 PM
I think the Spurs played Jokic pretty well. Reminded me a little of how they used to defend the Suns with Amare. Let Amare get his, single team him defensively, but slow down everyone else. Pop didn't send a double-team until the Joker put the ball on the floor, and then they just stayed home on the rest of the Nuggets. I'm fine with Jokic getting 50 if the Spurs can win by 17...or just win.

TD 21
04-26-2019, 03:59 PM
There are lots of gay men that married a woman and got children, tbh. Especially from back in the days, when people were more close-minded and gay men had to repress themselves. Not saying that's Duncan's case, obviously.

I know. But if you went to the extent of having children, it would stand to reason that you're bi.

Not saying Duncan necessarily is, obviously. Again, it was an unsubstantiated rumor from a bitter ex that some took as the gospel and/or use for shtick.

Dex
04-26-2019, 04:10 PM
I think the Spurs played Jokic pretty well. Reminded me a little of how they used to defend the Suns with Amare. Let Amare get his, single team him defensively, but slow down everyone else. Pop didn't send a double-team until the Joker put the ball on the floor, and then they just stayed home on the rest of the Nuggets. I'm fine with Jokic getting 50 if the Spurs can win by 17...or just win.

Agreed. The Nuggets three-point shooting (particularly from Murray, Beasley, and Craig) is what has separated them in this series. If those guys go off, the Spurs get buried quickly. San Antonio needs to stay at home with them and let Jokic do what he is going to do...he can't score 100 points by himself.

spurraider21
04-26-2019, 04:18 PM
yep. it's called a beard

:lmao at "i'm not going to let you lie about duncan"... shades of DPG's outrage over manu's atheism

hater
04-26-2019, 04:49 PM

:tu

PoppaP
04-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Yea let him carry the team by himself and he should be wheezing and out of gas in the 4th quarter....A vintage Aldridge performance should put the nail in his coffin

GreekSpursfan
04-27-2019, 10:03 AM
Spurs held Murray to 16 points on 18 shots, whether he's healthy or not he can literally be hit or miss. If he can't score even a point per possession then the Spurs have a great shot of winning.

He's literaly the reason we lost the games we lost. When he's on from three it's over. We have to contain him as much as possible.

tim_duncan_fan
04-27-2019, 12:42 PM
I've been saying this since before game 1, jokic can score but that's not his preference. He wants to pass and move the ball. Make him into a scorer and don't give up any open threes.

Ding, ding, ding!

The winner.

We suck at defending the 3 though, even when we aren't trying to do double a big.