PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank this series in terms of enjoyment out all of the spurs 7 game series?

apalisoc_9
04-26-2019, 02:46 AM
Worse 7 game series imo.

I am more mad at the complete lack of trust shown to Derrick White.

CapitalEmm
04-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Pretty much at the bottom. There’s nobody likable on this team, it’s ugly iso basketball and even making it this far is going to be used an as excuse to stay the course.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2019, 03:07 PM
Spurs in the playoffs is always fun, and a game 7 is pretty cool for fans.

It's better being here as the 7 seed, than as the favorite. In years' past, when we're favored and go to a game 7 it kind of sucks because you think we should already be done with these guys. Taking a 2 seed to the brink as a 7 is pretty awesome, even if you miss the Big 3 being out there...shows this group has more heart than people give them credit for. Considering we have two first round picks, and hopefully a healthy DJM and more developed Lonnie Walker in the mix next year I think there's a lot to celebrate.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2019, 03:09 PM
Depends if we win tbh :lol

Blackhaus
04-26-2019, 03:11 PM

It's better being here as the 7 seed, than as the favorite. In years' past, when we're favored and go to a game 7 it kind of sucks because you think we should already be done with these guys. Taking a 2 seed to the brink as a 7 is pretty awesome, even if you miss the Big 3 being out there...shows this group has more heart than people give them credit for. Considering we have two first round picks, and hopefully a healthy DJM and more developed Lonnie Walker in the mix next year I think there's a lot to celebrate.

This 100%. I rather be watching the Spurs than not. I’m proud they’re takin the nugs to the brink. It’s anyones game

RC_Drunkford
04-26-2019, 03:46 PM
still one of the better series. Certainly better than getting swept by the Dubs while Kawhi sits out for the rest of the playoffs. But yeah Heat 2013 and Clippers 2015 were better series, can't deny that

Keepin' it real
04-26-2019, 04:16 PM
There is no enjoyment until we win 4 games in the series.

​I DEMAND EXCELLENCE!!!

emanueldavidginobili
04-26-2019, 04:42 PM
still one of the better series. Certainly better than getting swept by the Dubs while Kawhi sits out for the rest of the playoffs. But yeah Heat 2013 and Clippers 2015 were better series, can't deny that
What? Heat 2013 was torture.

timvp
04-26-2019, 04:48 PM

Well said :tu

apalisoc_9
04-26-2019, 04:49 PM
What? Heat 2013 was torture.

We lost but that was one of the most enjoyable series of all times. I will never forget that series.

Kawhi missed free throw
TDs missed chip in
Manus 8 turnovers

we really gave that away but it doesnt take away from the pure entertainment value

hater
04-26-2019, 04:50 PM
GMe 6 wins was one of the best wins in recent years tbqh :tu

hater
04-26-2019, 04:53 PM

:tu

These 2 teams are so evenly matched up. With great stars on both sides

Anyone can win

Reminds me of the spurs clippers series a few years ago when clips beat us

emanueldavidginobili
04-26-2019, 04:55 PM
We lost but that was one of the most enjoyable series of all times. I will never forget that series.

Kawhi missed free throw
TDs missed chip in
Manus 8 turnovers

we really gave that away but it doesnt take away from the pure entertainment value

Yeah I agree it was until the end of game 6, and then all the enjoyment that I watched the first 5 3/4 games went out the window for me :lmao

Robz4000
04-26-2019, 04:59 PM
Tough to say since there's a lot I hate about this Spurs team. Derrick White showing out in the first few games was great. Poeltl has been a revelation; a lot of us knew he was pretty good for a while but to do what he's done this postseason (against arguably the best offensive big man in the game and against Denver's plethora of perimeter players) has been amazing. Forbes has also impressed me tbh. Other than that, watching Pop fuck up yet again in the postseason and the lack of heart/hustle a majority of this team has shown has pissed me off. At least they came to play in Game 6.

Coach X
04-26-2019, 05:36 PM

Yeah, that's how I feel too.

I like DeRozan for some reason. I hope he can rebeal against his story and become a great leader in San Antonio after improving his game and system adaptation during summer. I expect Pop to do some mental magic with him so Demar can manage better his emotions.
White, Murray and Walker are really promising players, its impossible not to be hyped. I like Bertans, Gay and Aldridge as a #2 option and Mills in a classic Spurs veteran role.
We even have the most charismatic coach ever.

I'm old enough to appreciate how lucky we are of being Spurs fans. What an amazing transition season! Other franchises expend years sucking just hoping to be lucky in the draft, we are enjoying a tied playoff series taken to the game 7.

spurraider21
04-26-2019, 05:44 PM

Kawhi missed free throw
TDs missed chip in
Manus 8 turnovers

parker icing game 1 with that ridiculous bank shot... green/neal going ham in game 3. manu's amazing game 5. great moments tbh

RC_Drunkford
04-26-2019, 06:37 PM
parker icing game 1 with that ridiculous bank shot... green/neal going ham in game 3. manu's amazing game 5. great moments tbh

Danny Green breaking Ray Allen's 3-point record for an NBA finals series

Roscoe P. Coltrane
04-26-2019, 09:53 PM
2015 against the clippers pissed me off the most.

daslicer
04-26-2019, 10:18 PM
All the 7 game series the spurs lost I could not enjoy at all. '06,'13,'15 all sucked for me. All 3 were a miserable experience. This one has been fun win or lose since the Spurs are not the favorite to win this series. Spurs have had chances to win 5 out of 6 of the games played so far. Only game 5 was a snooze fest.

SpurPadre
04-26-2019, 10:22 PM

We won 1 game vs. the Dubs last year with Game 5 being a close one.

SpurPadre
04-26-2019, 10:23 PM
2015 against the clippers pissed me off the most.

Yeah, especially when Matt Barnes made Load Management his bitch.

Leetonidas
04-26-2019, 11:18 PM
Definitely better than the last two series against the Warriors.

spurs10
04-26-2019, 11:35 PM

It's better being here as the 7 seed, than as the favorite. In years' past, when we're favored and go to a game 7 it kind of sucks because you think we should already be done with these guys. Taking a 2 seed to the brink as a 7 is pretty awesome, even if you miss the Big 3 being out there...shows this group has more heart than people give them credit for. Considering we have two first round picks, and hopefully a healthy DJM and more developed Lonnie Walker in the mix next year I think there's a lot to celebrate. Great post! Of course it's great to see a Game 7. It's always great to still be playing.

Beartrucci
04-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Lowest ever. I've always enjoyed the hell out of Spurs playoff wins and been extremely passionate watching them. This team just makes me fall asleep. I do really respect their fight, though.

Spurtacular
04-26-2019, 11:41 PM
Worse 7 game series imo.

I am more mad at the complete lack of trust shown to Derrick White.

Stop pretending you don't know basic English, fuckface.

DAF86
04-27-2019, 02:12 AM

Nah. I felt a lot better in game 7 agaisnt the Mavs in '14 than now. Because back then I knew we were gonna win and now we're probably going to lose. And no, taking this series to 7 games isn't awesome, we should have won this shit in 4 the way things played out. The fact we didn't shows this roster doesn't have any heart whatsoever. Sorry for coming up as a Debbie Downer but it's the way I see it.

RC_Drunkford
04-27-2019, 05:29 AM
We won 1 game vs. the Dubs last year with Game 5 being a close one.

what's the point of telling me that? Like I don't know or didn't watch the series

SpurPadre
04-27-2019, 08:52 AM
what's the point of telling me that? Like I don't know or didn't watch the series

You incorrectly said that we were swept so that was the point.

John B
04-27-2019, 09:24 AM
Let’s wait for tonight’s outcome. Many posers might change their minds. To me, Spurs overachieved with what happened last summer, losing nephew, Ginobili, Parker, Green, Kyle. Then injury to Murray, Lonnie, Gay. And still made it to the playoffs tying longest streak, and on the verge of upsetting 2nd seed. I’m grateful we have Pop/Rc on the helm. Enjoy it while it last. It could be decades of mediocrity waiting for Spursfan. But I think that’s exactly what Pop is trying to avoid before finally calling it a day. I sense he has a responsibility to hand it in great condition to his successor.

Going back to the point. If Spurs play great tonight, who knows? We can take Portland. They have no answer for Aldridge. And White is a more capable guard that Lilliard got from any OKC. Dubs/Houston will be a brawl, then who knows? If anything I could see things lining up and could be a very especial season. Spurs just need to believe they are capable of beating any team if they play their A game.

Let’s go!

RC_Drunkford
04-27-2019, 09:47 AM
You incorrectly said that we were swept so that was the point.

yeah because I talked about the 2017 WCF, not the 2018 first round

quentin_compson
04-27-2019, 03:53 PM
Nah. I felt a lot better in game 7 agaisnt the Mavs in '14 than now. Because back then I knew we were gonna win and now we're probably going to lose. And no, taking this series to 7 games isn't awesome, we should have won this shit in 4 the way things played out. The fact we didn't shows this roster doesn't have any heart whatsoever. Sorry for coming up as a Debbie Downer but it's the way I see it.

Do you really think that if the Spurs lose in 7 it is because they didn't show enough heart? Could it not maybe have something to do with Denver having the best player in this series by a country mile and certainly not the worse roster overall in comparison? Who do you think on the Spurs was or is lacking heart in this series?

DAF86
04-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Do you really think that if the Spurs lose in 7 it is because they didn't show enough heart? Could it not maybe have something to do with Denver having the best player in this series by a country mile and certainly not the worse roster overall in comparison? Who do you think on the Spurs was or is lacking heart in this series?

Maybe heart isn't the word, maybe it is poise, or will to win. The Spurs had the series won in that game 2 where they were winning by 20 with like 15 minutes to go, and they blew it. Sorry, but that's how it is.

DAF86
04-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Hopefully they can still make up for it.

rascal
04-27-2019, 07:28 PM
Let’s wait for tonight’s outcome. Many posers might change their minds. To me, Spurs overachieved with what happened last summer, losing nephew, Ginobili, Parker, Green, Kyle. Then injury to Murray, Lonnie, Gay. And still made it to the playoffs tying longest streak, and on the verge of upsetting 2nd seed. I’m grateful we have Pop/Rc on the helm. Enjoy it while it last. It could be decades of mediocrity waiting for Spursfan. But I think that’s exactly what Pop is trying to avoid before finally calling it a day. I sense he has a responsibility to hand it in great condition to his successor.

Going back to the point. If Spurs play great tonight, who knows? We can take Portland. They have no answer for Aldridge. And White is a more capable guard that Lilliard got from any OKC. Dubs/Houston will be a brawl, then who knows? If anything I could see things lining up and could be a very especial season. Spurs just need to believe they are capable of beating any team if they play their A game.

Let’s go!

Spurs are losing to Portland. They are not winning two series as a road team. Denver will do themselves in with being an inexperienced playoff team. That won't happen again with Portland.

BlackAndWhite
04-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Pray for a spurs victory tonight

tholdren
04-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Rudy gay is the new pau gasol who was the new splitter. Play danatas

MultiTroll
04-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Spurs Pistons game 7.
Real men playing a real non rigged ref game.

That was nice.
Good times.

This year? Ya go Spurs go of course but anything short of a great effort tonight and it will suck. If they lose with a great performance by Denver I can live with that. If more gift giving goes on by Popped then just please end it already.

DAF86
04-27-2019, 10:54 PM

You wanted lack of heart? There you have it.

quentin_compson
04-28-2019, 06:30 AM
You wanted lack of heart? There you have it.

I still don't agree with you. With lack of heart, the Spurs would have just quit. Instead they somehow managed to stay in the game and almost came back to tie it. I don't think you can play as bad as they did and do that without playing with heart. They are just not that good a team. It is what it is.