PDA

View Full Version : You guys are gonna choke game 7

sook
04-26-2019, 12:22 PM
I don’t want it to happen but it will. Pop love Mill too much to let spur succeed.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2019, 12:25 PM
At least we can make it to game 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9s0OdSP-g

:lol Rockets
:lol losing by 40 on your home floor in a closeout game without the other teams best player
:lol Soft ass team
:lol quitters
:lol Harden
:lol 5>2

Brazil
04-26-2019, 12:28 PM
how exactly a 7th seed losing a game 7 against a 2nd see on the road would be choking tbh ?

hater
04-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Losing to the better team on the road = choke?

No

If we lose after being up 16+ would be the only scenario we would choke

Duncan87
04-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Already a successful season. According to “Experts “ they weren’t supposed to make playoff No Murray new players forcing number 2 teams to 7 games:flag:

cd98
04-26-2019, 12:46 PM
Spurs are highly likely to lose game 7.

SpursforSix
04-26-2019, 12:49 PM
I don’t want it to happen but it will. Pop love Mill too much to let spur succeed.

I'm gonna choke your mom with my giant wiener.

Blackhaus
04-26-2019, 01:14 PM

fuck off asshat, isn’t about time for CP3 to sprang his pussy and Harden to shit the bed?

sook
04-26-2019, 01:29 PM
how exactly a 7th seed losing a game 7 against a 2nd see on the road would be choking tbh ?

Excuses have already started. Nuggets are playoff virgins an spur has all star talent. Kiwis was equivalent in trade for one guy

MoSpur02
04-26-2019, 01:36 PM
fuck off asshat, isn’t about time for CP3 to sprang his pussy and Harden to shit the bed?

This. CP3 is due an injury right about now.

phxspurfan
04-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Losing to the better team on the road = choke?

No

If we lose after being up 16+ would be the only scenario we would choke

This. Losing in a game 7 on the road as a 7 seed with this abomination of a roster would not be choking, it’s a job well done by the players and coaches to get even this far. Denver would be choking by losing to a 7 seed tbh after the year they’ve had

NameLess Scrub
04-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Of course they'll choke, but they already did when they faied to go up 3-0 or 3-1.

Also, CP3 is pretty close to his annual hamstring deadline and the Rockets are due to chucking day, when they shoot absurd amounts of 3s and miss them.

timvp
04-26-2019, 01:42 PM
To be fair, Rocket fan would be an expert on choking.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Excuses have already started. Nuggets are playoff virgins an spur has all star talent. Kiwis was equivalent in trade for one guy

Imagine losing a game 7 at home by 9 points and shooting 7-44 from 3 with a Finals berth on the line, I would call that a choke for sure :lol

RC_Drunkford
04-26-2019, 01:49 PM
says the man who's teams franchise player got blocked by a 40 year old in the last posession of a crucial game 5

sook
04-26-2019, 01:58 PM
says the man who's teams franchise player got blocked by a 40 year old in the last posession of a crucial game 5

Defense mechanisms is addictive , but fails to allow to address real problem. Also wasn’t rockets lower seed, no hca and only had harden & scrubs? Is better to compare to winning team than that losing rox team.

Go spurs! I’m not rox fan that’s why my name black

benefactor
04-26-2019, 02:17 PM
/thread

Mikeanaro
04-26-2019, 02:24 PM
This. CP3 is due an injury right about now.
Happens every year.

Arcadian
04-26-2019, 02:24 PM
It wouldn't be a choke, dumbass. Denver losing would be a choke.

Dex
04-26-2019, 02:27 PM
Congrats on the 2nd round exit.

monty4329
04-26-2019, 02:54 PM
If we will be up after 3 quarters, then the choking will be highly likely. Same for DEN though. It is an even game of chokes

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2019, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna choke your mom with my giant wiener.

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Brazil
04-26-2019, 04:20 PM

:lmao excuses ?

those are facts bro

but I have to admit as a rocket fan you are expert on choking so you may know something I don't :lol

Brazil
04-26-2019, 04:21 PM

damn you were faster than me on this one :lol

exstatic
04-26-2019, 05:24 PM

Exactly. Only one team has a chance to choke, and it ain't SA.

exstatic
04-26-2019, 05:26 PM
If we will be up after 3 quarters, then the choking will be highly likely. Same for DEN though. It is an even game of chokes

You don't get it. If a 7 seed loses to a 2 seed, it's expected. They're SUPPOSED to lose, and almost always do. Only the 2 seed can actually choke.

RC_Drunkford
04-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Defense mechanisms is addictive , but fails to allow to address real problem. Also wasn’t rockets lower seed, no hca and only had harden & scrubs? Is better to compare to winning team than that losing rox team.

Go spurs! I’m not rox fan that’s why my name black

wasn't the Spurs best player injured at that point as well as their starting PG? Spurs still won game 5 and game 6 (which was a road game), they played 3 games in San Antonio and 3 in Houston, so no HCA

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2019, 06:42 PM

The only team that can "choke" anything is Denver

Denver is playing at home
Denver is a 2nd seed
Spurs have nothing to lose

If the Spurs lose it won't be "choking"

monty4329
04-27-2019, 01:05 AM
The only team that can "choke" anything is Denver

Denver is playing at home
Denver is a 2nd seed
Spurs have nothing to lose

If the Spurs lose it won't be "choking"

So, we are up -say 19, TWICE- and we lose. That's not choking to you because we are the lower seeded team.

tenbeersbold
04-27-2019, 08:08 AM
Don't need to worry about choking

NBA refs ain't gonna let Spurs win unless they have a monster game that outstrips the Zebras ability to choke on their whistles
Even last game at home they were calling phantom shit left and right on White and Poetl and Forbes whilst the Thuggets were crashing into everyone without a foul in sight.Shit was laughable
That play where Craig stole the ball by mugging Gay right in front of the refs...
Milsap was straight out fouling even twice on a ton of drives to the basket.
And let's not forget that late beyond late whistle after White caused a Thuggets turnover that was leading to a Spurs fast break.That was shady
Look for the usual if the Spurs start to pull away.
Spurs get up 10+ and look for BS fouls on Poetl,White and Forbes anything to make Pop sub Patty/Marco.

Either that or look for early foul trouble for Lamarcus and Demar. I'm leaning towards this as White and Co got the treatment last game

John B
04-27-2019, 09:32 AM
Rockets only got their 2 rings because MJ decided to play some baseball. At least Dallas got their one without help.

jbspurs
04-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Rockets only got their 2 rings because MJ decided to play some baseball. At least Dallas got their one without help.

Fact!

GreekSpursfan
04-27-2019, 09:59 AM

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2019, 12:39 PM
So, we are up -say 19, TWICE- and we lose. That's not choking to you because we are the lower seeded team.

Maybe maybe not. But that's not the spirit of OP's post. He clearly meant something else not losing after you are up 20 pts. He was just trolling us.

Again, overall, at the end of the game, if the Spurs lose whether they were up or down, it won't be choking, on the road, against a 2nd seed.

K...
04-27-2019, 12:44 PM
It's not choke if DeRozan turns the ball over 7 times in a row, that's the plan and likely result
See also: lamarcus pulling ever softer shots away from the basket, wombat and Italian sweat mop miss all their shots, pop plays a new "cool" line up, etc

DAF86
04-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Spurs already choked in game 2, tbh.

jeebus
04-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Can't choke a lead in a game that they never had.

Clipper Nation
04-27-2019, 09:40 PM

Frauden's gonna choke against the Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets don't even put up half the fight that the Clippers did against them, tbh.

tholdren
04-27-2019, 09:41 PM

Spurs are the 7th seed. U not smart

Rummpd
04-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Spurs still choked so far, missing 17-19 shots - what an abortion of a performance. SHAME

Rummpd
04-27-2019, 10:14 PM
OP is a savant

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2019, 10:20 PM
LMA & DDR getting trashed by Shaq and Barkley.
These turds are playing worse than Patty

monty4329
04-28-2019, 05:04 AM
According to some this was not a choke because we were the #7 seed....

duncan2k5
04-28-2019, 08:36 AM
Already a successful season. According to “Experts “ they weren’t supposed to make playoff No Murray new players forcing number 2 teams to 7 games:flag:

How were we not supposed to make it? We have two all stars... There are teams that made it in the west with none

monty4329
04-28-2019, 08:43 AM
How were we not supposed to make it? We have two all stars... There are teams that made it in the west with none

which one is the second?

RD2191
04-28-2019, 08:44 AM
This was a choke. Anyone saying otherwise is a faggot homer. Embarrassing and pathetic performances by LMA, DD, and Pop. I can excuse our scrubs but our "leaders" were fucking garbage. No one should excuse this series loss.

duncan2k5
04-28-2019, 09:22 AM
which one is the second?

There isn't a second, but there are several with just one all star... We have two

monty4329
04-28-2019, 10:22 AM
There isn't a second, but there are several with just one all star... We have two

? we have two all stars? Who?

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 11:45 AM
They never played well enough to have a chance to choke. They never had the lead.

You have to lose the lead to choke.

The only time it was even tied was 2-2.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 05:10 PM

aye man is that choking what Harden is doing there? Clanking free throws and step back 3s, stepping out of bounds? CP3 losing the ball and getting a technical? Thought I'd ask an expert

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 05:17 PM
aye man is that choking what Harden is doing there? Clanking free throws and step back 3s, stepping out of bounds? CP3 losing the ball and getting a technical? Thought I'd ask an expert

I'm no expert, but I think it's called "losing stupidly."

Now where have I seen that recently? I can't quite remember.

Silver&Black
05-10-2019, 10:42 PM

^

timtonymanu
05-10-2019, 10:44 PM
:lol Rockets

DJR210
05-10-2019, 10:46 PM

:lol Get in here now pussy

:lmao Rockets choke it away again :tu

TheGoatishere
05-10-2019, 10:46 PM
:lmao:lmao

Dex
05-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Congrats on the 2nd round exit.

timvp
05-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Damn, we should have listened to him, tbh :lol

phxspurfan
05-10-2019, 11:57 PM
LOL Rockettes and OP

Clipper Nation
05-11-2019, 12:07 AM
:lmao

Robz4000
05-11-2019, 12:09 AM
:lmao:lmao:rollin:lmao:lmao

Ditty
05-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Rockets are in such a bad situation, and I love it. Those back to back titles in the 90's without going against Jordan is biting them in the ass now that they can't get past the GOAT team.

J_Paco
05-11-2019, 01:00 AM
Rockets are in such a bad situation, and I love it. Those back to back titles in the 90's without going against Jordan is biting them in the ass now that they can't get past the GOAT team.

What?!

The Rockets are gonna be in cap hell soon with that terrible CP3 contract, but in no way does there back-to-back title runs from the 1990's have anything to do with it.

Harden/Paul being choking dogs, again, and Darryl Morey's poor team building are to blame.

Having to resort to moving your undersized, sixth man to the starting lineup (at SF no less) told you they weren't long for the playoffs.

Harden's season - long "hero balling" and offensive output covered up a lot of the mess that is their roster, right now.
Everyone will just blame Harden (a few will criticize CP3), yet is Morey ever, ever gonna have his feet to the fire?

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 01:13 AM
Spurs choked. I can admit that. But we weren't gonna ring with a back court of Mills and Forbes, anyhow.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Spurs choked. I can admit that. But we weren't gonna ring with a back court of Mills and Forbes, anyhow.

You have no idea what "choking" in bball means.

Spurs lost a gm7 on the road against a team that was playing better basketball all year long.

A gm7 that Nuggets were favored to win by 7+.

Rockets lost an elimination gm6,with the best player of the other team injured,on their own home court while being a heavy 7pts favorite.

THAT is choking.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 01:36 AM
You have no idea what "choking" in bball means.

Spurs lost a gm7 on the road against a team that was playing better basketball all year long.

A gm7 that Nuggets were favored to win by 7+.

Rockets lost an elimination gm6,with the best player of the other team injured,on their own home court while being a heavy 7pts favorite.

THAT is choking.

The stupid stuff you want to tell yourself. SMH

Spurs had two all stars who have been around and should've been hungry to put away these paper tigers. To say nothing of a GOAT nominee coach and guard with a championship pedigree in the mix.

They choked in Game 4 and then again in Game 7. They were not the underdogs. They were ahead for a reason.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 01:41 AM

Don't know what ancient history has to do with any of this, tbh.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 01:45 AM

Spurs had two all stars who have been around and should've been hungry to put away these paper tigers. To say nothing of a GOAT nominee coach and guard with a championship pedigree in the mix.

They choked in Game 4 and then again in Game 7. They were not the underdogs. They were ahead for a reason.

Spurs were ahead cause the Nuggets were inexperinced,young and green.

The experience factor went away from the moment we lost the home game.

Then the "paper tigers" realized that they are the #2 seed and we were the 7 seed.If we choked in the series it was at gm2 when we were up by 20 twice and didn't finish them.

In game 7 we played a terrible,horrible game and if someone attempted a choke job it was the Nuggets who allowed the Spurs to cut it to 2 positions in the 4th.

We had two all stars-one from the East though,who didn't make the All star THIS year.They had one all star in Jokic.

Their all star played better throughout the 7 games than ours.They were better at game7.We lost.It's as simple as that.

Slippy
05-11-2019, 01:46 AM

But they are facts. Lamarcus showed up that game with a huge 35 points while harden checked out .

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 02:06 AM
But they are facts. Lamarcus showed up that game with a huge 35 points while harden checked out .

He didn't handle the business against the Nuggets. That's what we're talking about.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 02:11 AM
Spurs were ahead cause the Nuggets were inexperinced,young and green.

The experience factor went away from the moment we lost the home game.

Then the "paper tigers" realized that they are the #2 seed and we were the 7 seed.If we choked in the series it was at gm2 when we were up by 20 twice and didn't finish them.

In game 7 we played a terrible,horrible game and if someone attempted a choke job it was the Nuggets who allowed the Spurs to cut it to 2 positions in the 4th.

We had two all stars-one from the East though,who didn't make the All star THIS year.They had one all star in Jokic.

Their all star played better throughout the 7 games than ours.They were better at game7.We lost.It's as simple as that.

You tell yourself BS. Nuggets were the two seed, and the effective WCF was still scheduled as Warriors/Rockets. Even with Durant out, they won't be favorites. The two seed stuff is cosmetic other than it's given them an extra valuable home game that they needed to beat the Spurs/Blazers in seven games.

The experience factor never went away. They were on their heels and the Spurs let them off the hook twice. Just call a choke a choke, bruh, instead of trying to make the Nuggets out to be some great team. They're akin to an overvalued 5 seed in March Madness getting some luck and making a deep run. They're not real contenders; they never were/are.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 02:50 AM
You tell yourself BS. Nuggets were the two seed, and the effective WCF was still scheduled as Warriors/Rockets. Even with Durant out, they won't be favorites. The two seed stuff is cosmetic other than it's given them an extra valuable home game that they needed to beat the Spurs/Blazers in seven games.

The experience factor never went away. They were on their heels and the Spurs let them off the hook twice. Just call a choke a choke, bruh, instead of trying to make the Nuggets out to be some great team. They're akin to an overvalued 5 seed in March Madness getting some luck and making a deep run. They're not real contenders; they never were/are.

Holy shit you really are a terrible poster just like everyone on this board says you are.

Who the fuck cares if the Rockets and the Warriors were the two best teams? Who the fuck cares if Denver is not the favorite with Durant out?

You think there is a possible comparison between the Curry Dubs and the '19 Spurs? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

We had ONE point guard,ZERO small forwards and terrible defense ALL.YEAR.LONG.

We were 7th tied to 8 for a reason.We were simply not that good.Good enough to make the playoffs.Experienced enough to put up a fight and catch them off guard and steal the series.We'd give Portland a run for their money as well.We were underdogs against Denver,we'd be underdogs against Portland.Those are facts.

The fact that Nuggets are not contenders is irrelevant.They were better than us.In comparison to us they played better November to April.So we didn't choke.

If your poor,narrow,basketball mind can't understand those facts go watch ping pong or something.

Or maybe you want to post another thread on how we are gonna make the WCF while we are just 1 game ahead in our series and jinx whatever chance we had to hell.

You said THIS on your own thread after game 4

Golden chance wasted.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278969&p=9784091#post9784091

You motherfucker knew we were in trouble the moment we lost game 4.

Yet here you are now posting that we choked game7 with your beautiful basketball mind.

FOH

TimDunkem
05-11-2019, 03:22 AM
^Yep. 2019 Spurs sucked. They're lucky to have made the playoffs, let alone steal 3 games in the series.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 03:35 AM
Holy shit you really are a terrible poster just like everyone on this board says you are.

Who the fuck cares if the Rockets and the Warriors were the two best teams? Who the fuck cares if Denver is not the favorite with Durant out?

You think there is a possible comparison between the Curry Dubs and the '19 Spurs? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

We had ONE point guard,ZERO small forwards and terrible defense ALL.YEAR.LONG.

We were 7th tied to 8 for a reason.We were simply not that good.Good enough to make the playoffs.Experienced enough to put up a fight and catch them off guard and steal the series.We'd give Portland a run for their money as well.We were underdogs against Denver,we'd be underdogs against Portland.Those are facts.

The fact that Nuggets are not contenders is irrelevant.They were better than us.In comparison to us they played better November to April.So we didn't choke.

If your poor,narrow,basketball mind can't understand those facts go watch ping pong or something.

Or maybe you want to post another thread on how we are gonna make the WCF while we are just 1 game ahead in our series and jinx whatever chance we had to hell.

You said THIS on your own thread after game 4

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278969&p=9784091#post9784091

You motherfucker knew we were in trouble the moment we lost game 4.

Yet here you are now posting that we choked game7 with your beautiful basketball mind.

FOH

Yea, I called Game 4 a choke at the time, idiot.

:lmao That you think I care about the assessment of your fellow unnamed ST faggots.
:lmao At your meltdown, too.

Go ahead and name Denver's SF?

That's what I thought, bruh. We lost on a simple top of the arc pic n' roll combined with choking at the offensive end.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 03:47 AM
Yea, I called Game 4 a choke at the time, idiot.

:lmao That you think I care about the assessment of your fellow unnamed ST faggots.
:lmao At your meltdown, too.

Go ahead and name Denver's SF?

That's what I thought, bruh. We lost on a simple top of the arc pic n' roll combined with choking at the offensive end.

Torrey Craig you ignorant,worthless piece of crap.As simple as that.A d leaguer SF is the simplest change Malone does in game 4 and just like that our game plan and home court goes to shit.Cause we don't have an actual SF in the team and we have to game plan around it.

And if you think we choked on game 4 then say we choked on game 4 on our homecourt you idiot.

Make another one of your informative,well thought out threads and enlighten us.

Either way we didn't choke on game7 and this is what this thread was about.

Get it? Got it? What a fucktard...

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 03:53 AM
Torrey Craig

:lmao Torrey Craig
:lmao Dude role player AF.
:lmao You makin' my point, bruh. That scrub scored 18 in Game 4. Avg 5.3 on the season.
:lmao Choke City

GusT15
05-11-2019, 04:01 AM
:lmao Torrey Craig
:lmao Dude role player AF.
:lmao You makin' my point, bruh. That scrub scored 18 in Game 4. Avg 5.3 on the season.
:lmao Choke City

Not even role player.

D LEAGUE.

And that was enough to cost us homecourt in game 4.

And you think a team as this years Spurs that had so many holes in the roster that could lose a game cause of a dude like Craig was favorite in the series?

Cause once again,if you are not the favorite in a series/game,you don't choke.You just lose.

We lost.We didn't choke.

Choke city bruh.A better team knocked us out in game 7.On their homecourt.What a chokejob.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 04:43 AM
Not even role player.

D LEAGUE.

And that was enough to cost us homecourt in game 4.

And you think a team as this years Spurs that had so many holes in the roster that could lose a game cause of a dude like Craig was favorite in the series?

Cause once again,if you are not the favorite in a series/game,you don't choke.You just lose.

We lost.We didn't choke.

Choke city bruh.A better team knocked us out in game 7.On their homecourt.What a chokejob.

Game 4 and Game 7 both should've been won. Anyone who has paid attention to this team knows that the Spurs were in the driver's seat.
Don't make excuses to make yourself feel better. Come to terms.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 05:21 AM
Game 4 and Game 7 both should've been won. Anyone who has paid attention to this team knows that the Spurs were in the driver's seat.
Don't make excuses to make yourself feel better. Come to terms.

Game 4 should've been won.Our floor,our house,we lead 2-1,we take that one,go up 3-1 and they fold.

Game 7,as all game 7s should be a toss up and a dog fight.We absolutely sucked.But i had zero expectations at that point.I just didn't expect that it would be that terrible of a game on our part.I certainly expected us to lose though.

If this was a thread about game 4,by all means,let the chokejob narrative explode.
But a dude warned us that we would choke on game 7 like we were playing in San Antonio and Nuggets had injury problems.We didn't.They were healthy.

Rockets choked.In '17,in '18,in '19.Those were choke jobs by professional choke artists.

Dex
05-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Don't let the Rocket's choking distract you from the fact that in '20-'21, the Rockets will owe a shade under $100M to choker Harden, unplayable Capela, and a 36-year old Chris Paul.

And no way in hell CP3 turns down that $44M the following year either.

RD2191
05-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Both teams fucking choked. We could combine LMA/DD and CP3/Harden and they still wouldn't make it past the Dubs. They're all a bunch of choking faggots.

Dex
05-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Both teams fucking choked. We could combine LMA/DD and CP3/Harden and they still wouldn't make it past the Dubs. They're all a bunch of choking faggots.

Tell us how you really feel, RD. :lol

spurs10
05-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Tell us how you really feel, RD. :lol

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 04:01 PM
Game 4 should've been won.Our floor,our house,we lead 2-1,we take that one,go up 3-1 and they fold.

Game 7,as all game 7s should be a toss up and a dog fight.We absolutely sucked.But i had zero expectations at that point.I just didn't expect that it would be that terrible of a game on our part.I certainly expected us to lose though.

If this was a thread about game 4,by all means,let the chokejob narrative explode.
But a dude warned us that we would choke on game 7 like we were playing in San Antonio and Nuggets had injury problems.We didn't.They were healthy.

Rockets choked.In '17,in '18,in '19.Those were choke jobs by professional choke artists.

Good that you're conceding that the series was ultimately a choke; but you're still rationalizing to make yourself feel better on Game 7.

It was a "toss-up" in name only. Nuggets were prepared to hand us that game. We did not take it.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Good that you're conceding that the series was ultimately a choke; but you're still rationalizing to make yourself feel better on Game 7.

It was a "toss-up" in name only. Nuggets were prepared to hand us that game. We did not take it.

"In sports, a choke is the failure of a sportsperson or team in a game in a situation where maintaining their performance is highly important.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)#cite_note-1) This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favored to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead that they squander in the late stages of the event. It can also refer to repeated failures in the same event, or simply infer an unexpected failure when the event is more important than usual."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 05:16 PM
"In sports, a choke is the failure of a sportsperson or team in a game in a situation where maintaining their performance is highly important.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)#cite_note-1) This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favored to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead that they squander in the late stages of the event. It can also refer to repeated failures in the same event, or simply infer an unexpected failure when the event is more important than usual."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)

The Nuggets shat the bed in Game 7. Spurs should've finished them off.

:lol But wikipedia :lol

GusT15
05-11-2019, 05:21 PM
The Nuggets shat the bed in Game 7. Spurs should've finished them off.

:lol But wikipedia :lol

If you want to give your own personal interpretation in words and meanings,completely separate and not in agreement with the meaning the entire planet has given to those words,it's fine.

I'll just accept you for the uneducated,ignorant prick that you are and not waste another second on your opinion.

:bobo

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 05:25 PM
If you want to give your own personal interpretation in words and meanings,completely separate and not in agreement with the meaning the entire planet has given to those words,it's fine.

I'll just accept you for the uneducated,ignorant prick that you are and not waste another second on your opinion.

:cry Spurs were the "underdog," so choking was impossible :cry

:lmao The stupid shit you have to tell yourself. :lmao

GusT15
05-11-2019, 05:33 PM
:cry Spurs were the "underdog," so choking was impossible :cry

:lmao The stupid shit you have to tell yourself. :lmao

https://media.giphy.com/media/11a8FLrVeoLnna/giphy.gif

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Gifs won't save you. You've admitted you gave the Spurs a pass on their choke. :lol

GusT15
05-11-2019, 05:45 PM
Gifs won't save you. You've admitted you gave the Spurs a pass. :lol

Whatever you say.If we can't agree on the principal meaning of an action what's the point in conversing about it?

Apparently in your vocabulary choking equals losing.Everytime we lose,we choke.

In mine it means something else.You can lose without choking.

You think we choked,i think we played a bad game and lost.

And i will never EVER give the Spurs a pass cause i am neither a homer nor blind.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Whatever you say.If we can't agree on the principal meaning of an action what's the point in conversing about it?

Apparently in your vocabulary choking equals losing.Everytime we lose,we choke.

In mine it means something else.You can lose without choking.

You think we choked,i think we played a bad game and lost.

And i will never EVER give the Spurs a pass cause i am neither a homer nor blind.

I don't accept your neanderthal definition if you want to try and break it down to that.

The Spurs failed to beat a team that was playing at a lackluster level in a Game 7. If that's not a choke, then I don't know what is.

GusT15
05-11-2019, 06:02 PM
I don't accept your neanderthal definition if you want to try and break it down to that.

The Spurs failed to beat a team that was playing at a lackluster level in a Game 7. If that's not a choke, then I don't know what is.

They were playing at a lackluster level and we played on a level below that.That's what it is.

But i've seen the Spurs play at that awful level on the road so many damn times this year that it didn't surprise me one bit.

Two teams playing awful basketball.One team won and the other one lost.

We most certainly had the chance to take the game and series.Cause they choked in the end of game 7.We didn't capitalize on that chance.

You want to call it a neanderthal definition,be my guest.I call it being a pragmatist and a realist.

weeks
05-11-2019, 06:17 PM

remember you're talking to a guy who thought NBA player meant Jimmer, so obviously definitions are something he struggles with

:lol OF COURSE choke means lose a situation you are expected to win. how retarded do you have to be thinking any loss you had a possibility to win is a choke?

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 07:10 PM
They were playing at a lackluster level and we played on a level below that.That's what it is.

In other words, a choke. Just come to terms, dude. :lol

GusT15
05-11-2019, 07:17 PM
In other words, a choke. Just come to terms, dude. :lol

In YOUR words a choke,by YOUR definition a choke.

The only thing i'm coming to terms with is your inability to understand basic concepts.

And on that note,i'm done with this whole shitty debacle,post another one of your retarded responses with the moronic emojis at the end and be done with it.

Cheers.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 07:26 PM
I'll take that garble as a tap out.

:lol Just come to terms instead of rationalizing sh** play next time, dude.

J_Paco
05-11-2019, 08:38 PM
In YOUR words a choke,by YOUR definition a choke.

The only thing i'm coming to terms with is your inability to understand basic concepts.

And on that note,i'm done with this whole shitty debacle,post another one of your retarded responses with the moronic emojis at the end and be done with it.

Cheers.

He's an idiot, man. One of the lowest BBIQ fans on this board, so no point in going "back and forth" with him.

I know it's difficult but always use this advise on Spurstalk:

Literally a person from a distance just sees two people arguing, and not who is right or wrong. The wise man Jay is referring to is probably Mark Twain. Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

tim_duncan_fan
05-12-2019, 12:24 AM
Why would a Rockets/Dantoni fan even speak on choking?

Like...what gives you the right? Lol

timvp
05-12-2019, 01:11 AM
Why would a Rockets/Dantoni fan even speak on choking?

Like...what gives you the right? Lol

Experience, tbh. Rocket Fan is an expert in that field.