PDA

View Full Version : Matt Moore (HPBasketball) is having a meltdown because the Spurs are tied 3-3 in the series..

spursistan
04-26-2019, 05:16 PM
His timeline has been pure salt today.

I know the word "hate" is strong and gets misused, but I have never seen a so-called "professional writer" being so transparent with his dislike for a particular team..

He is really mad that we are tied 3-3 series.:lmao..

exstatic
04-26-2019, 05:22 PM
His timeline has been pure salt today.

I know the word "hate" is strong and gets misused, but I have never seen a so-called "professional writer" being so transparent with his dislike for a particular team..

He is really mad that we are tied 3-3 series.:lmao..

Yeah, no mention of Denver's three straight games of outlier 3 point shooting. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

timvp
04-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Somehow the Spurs going 3+ quarters without hitting a perimeter shot in Game 4 didn't make his list. Murray's Game 2 fourth quarter was also of the outlier variety, tbh.

Newsflash to Moore: Unexpected things happen that end up deciding games during the course of a series, particularly when the teams are as evenly matched as the Spurs and the Nuggets.

DAF86
04-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Also, anyone seeing the series can tell the Spurs have been the better team throughout. Haven't we had double digits leads in all but one of the 6 games?

RD2191
04-26-2019, 05:53 PM
I fucking loathe this faggot. He blocked me a couple of seasons ago for calling him on his bullshit.

hater
04-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Also, anyone seeing the series can tell the Spurs have been the better team throughout. Haven't we had double digits leads in all but one of the 6 games?

We are 5he inferior team not by much but inferior

spursistan
04-26-2019, 05:56 PM
I fucking loathe this faggot. He blocked me a couple of seasons ago for calling him on his bullshit.

He's been blocking Spurs fans left and right this morning. I think the hate is real (for some odd reason)..

Here is someone with a real life testimony below:

timvp
04-26-2019, 06:04 PM
Moore has been butthurt for a long, long time. He's a Grizzlies fan, IIRC. I forgot what set him off (I think it dates back to the Pau Gasol Grizzlies teams) but he's been raging against the Spurs for more than a decade.

Mugen
04-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Moore has been butthurt for a long, long time. He's a Grizzlies fan, IIRC. I forgot what set him off (I think it dates back to the Pau Gasol Grizzlies teams) but he's been raging against the Spurs for more than a decade.

I want to say his hate started in the 2013 WCF but I think this dude was celebrating the Grizz beating the Spurs in 2011 like it was the Miracle on Ice...

Him and Kizla from Denver are the only reporters/Spurs haters that I always remember tbh...

spursistan
04-26-2019, 06:21 PM

I want to say his hate started in the 2013 WCF but I think this dude was celebrating the Grizz beating the Spurs in 2011 like it was the Miracle on Ice...

Him and Kizla from Denver are the only reporters/Spurs haters that I always remember tbh...

Yeah, but also seems like those who have been hating this franchise on the cool are going to town on it now that we have finally fallen off from 'perennial contender' status..

I'm fine with questioning this team pedigree, but just don't be intellectually dishonest about it in a flagrant way. This series stands 3-3 for a reason (two flawed teams going at it); in fact you could argue the Spurs were potentially closer to make it a wrap before the Nuggets did..

Mugen
04-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Also, don't talk shit about the Spurs when you're a Grizzlies or Nuggets fan :lol

objective
04-26-2019, 06:40 PM
He was based in Denver back when he was with CBS

He seems like he gets personally attached to people he spends professional time with

Genovaswitness
04-26-2019, 06:44 PM
advanced stats autists (read: pussy nerds that never played sports growing up) have ruined b-ball analysis

apalisoc_9
04-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Iirc, hes had bad experiences with Pop and Kawhi. I think he takes the pop snubs, smart ass answers and Kawhi lack of care too personally.

Kawhi is no longer with the spurs so maybe hates us less..

But fairly positive he also had a sour moment with Pop.

Hes always going to hate the spurs because of Pop and Kawhi.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2019, 06:47 PM
He was based in Denver back when he was with CBS

He seems like he gets personally attached to people he spends professional time with

He took pops "douchbag" schtick personally. I thinknthats what happened. I know he also got mad at kawhi..really mad at kawhi but Im not sure if hes changed his feelings about him since he moved.

My guess is that this dude is just emotionally immature.

objective
04-26-2019, 06:52 PM
He took pops "douchbag" schtick personally. I thinknthats what happened. I know he also got mad at kawhi..really mad at kawhi but Im not sure if hes changed his feelings about him since he moved.

Last part seems likely.

He's not even a 'journalist' so much anymore, I think he primarily writes for a gambling website. Trying to get clicks and downloads from degenerates is better suited for him than serious, thoughtful analysis for a cbs, SI, Yahoo, ESPN, athletic, or NBC or Fox or Ringer etc etc

RC_Drunkford
04-26-2019, 06:54 PM
oh so you're telling me the team with the 2 best midrange shooters in the NBA getting hot from midrange is a fluke? :rollin

Bull True
04-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Anyone who has watched this series knows that the better team won all six games.

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2019, 07:09 PM
He's correct about game 6 that the Spurs made an improbable amount of tough shots(confirmed by the shot/point expectancy data), but his point about the Nuggets is stupid..Denver is one of the streakiest teams in the league, missing open shots isn't anything new for them, all their wings outside of maybe Malik Beasley are volume streak shooters..

Spurtacular
04-26-2019, 07:35 PM

You should teach him stuff.

Kurgan
04-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Looks like he was right. Odds catching up to a Spurs offense built around the most inefficient shot in basketball.