PDA

View Full Version : OT: Futbol. Walkball?

TarantinoRezDog
04-26-2019, 07:21 PM
I dont dislike soccer, but found this kind of funny. Seems the bb crew was right calling soccer Trotball.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/nv72xi.jpg

lefty
04-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Lol picking Pogba of all people

Bynumite
04-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Show me a major american sport where players cover 322Km in a single season? I'm waiting :lol

American athletes are notorious bench warmers. They're either waiting for their turn to play or for the latest car brand/fast food commercial to end.

Beisbol is especially egregious in that department. Maybe that's the reason why they have so many fatties :lol

OP thought he had a hot take with this one :lol

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:19 PM
:lol. I've (along with Silver&Black been saying this for years. Soccer fans try to sell the game like it's a constant sprint or at the very least, hard running. When we tried to suggest that soccer players are actually standing around/walking for a majority of the time, we we're told we didn't know what we were talking about. The stats prove it. The distance covered leaders in soccer are usually around 7 miles per game. To achieve that over 90 minutes, you have to move at about 5mph, which is walking speed. There's nothing exceptional about soccer's stamina demands.

Anyhow, let's break down these stats for fun. Assuming Pogba (one of soccer's best athletes) covers about 6 miles per game (31200 feet) in which 2 percent of that time is sprinting, this translates into him sprinting 624 feet over the course of the game. Nice. Let's say a baseball player hits two doubles (where he's in a full sprint), chases down 2 flyballs over 150 feet, and runs out a grounder. Total sprinting distance is 420 feet. Soccer is obviously a game built around running and yet they don't really sprint significantly more. Sure, a baseball player isn't going to hit two doubles every night, but he might run out 3 or 4 ground balls, tag up, chase down more flies, etc.

The main cardio difference is really the amount of jogging and low-speed running, which Pogba does 30 percent of the time, or over about 2 miles. Fat people jog for 2 miles trying to lose weight. :lol. Here's an extremely obese person who runs 5km races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvA9jDKnTGk

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Show me a major american sport where players cover 322Km in a single season? I'm waiting :lol

American athletes are notorious bench warmers. They're either waiting for their turn to play or for the latest car brand/fast food commercial to end.

Beiseball is especially egregious in that department. Maybe that's the reason why they have so many fatties :lol

Who gives a shit how much ground they cover when the majority of it is through walking and trotting. That's athletically impressive to you? Again, the distance leaders in soccer cover 7 miles per game over 90 minutes, moving at an average of 5mph. Walking speed. No, baseball isn't filled with fatties. Ronaldo (your hero, and soccer's greatest athlete) would be around 200ish in sprint speed out of 400 position players. CC, Bartolo, and Fielder aren't typical builds.

They cover about the same distance in basketball over a season. 2.5 miles average per game over 82 games=321km.

Bynumite
04-26-2019, 08:31 PM
https://bam.files.bbci.co.uk/bam/live/content/z9wwmnb/large

Bynumite
04-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Fattyball: On average players cover an impressive 242 feet per game :lmao

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:37 PM
^yes, 7 miles per game over 90 minutes, or walking speed. Tell me how that's athletically impressive?

That graph is also an example of why it's bullshit to measure cumulative distances as a measure of stamina demand. You ever watch cricket? Test match is 5 days long over about 40 or 50 hours of play, so a fielder will cover 8 miles by merely moving a few feet back and forth and chasing down a dozen balls.

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:42 PM

If you factor in goalies and other players who don't sprint as much as midfielders, the average distance covered sprinting would be similar :lol

Oh, I get it, you're impressed by walking and light trotting. You should enjoy that video of the fatass running 5kms. About the same amount of jogging in soccer :lol

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Look, feel free to pump up soccer's skill displays, but there's nothing exceptional about the sport athletically. They're slower than the average athletes in ALL American sports. Poor average vertical. Bird-chested, 5'6" 130lb builds abound. And medium level stamina demands.

04-26-2019, 08:54 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

FrostKing
04-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Pogba is notorious for being a lazy faggot. Look up his NT partner Kante and average their numbers.

04-26-2019, 08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvA9jDKnTGk
Even this guy runs more than fatball players :lmao

Bynumite
04-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Look, feel free to pump up soccer's skill displays, but there's nothing exceptional about the sport athletically. They're slower than the average athletes in ALL American sports. Poor average vertical. Bird-chested, 5'6" 130lb builds abound. And medium level stamina demands.

None of that was the original premise of this thread but feel free to keep deflecting mid :lol

:lmao 242 feet per game
:lmao 0 calories burned in a 3 hour sporting event
:lmao Fattyball

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Even this guy runs more than fatball players :lmao

Seems to run more than soccer players too :lol

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 08:59 PM
None of that was the original premise of this thread but feel free to keep deflecting mid :lol

:lmao 242 feet per game
:lmao Fattyball

The original premise was soccer players spend more time walking and trotting than they do actually running, so the 7 miles distance covered isn't impressive if you're walking it. You might as well be standing around. Quit trying to sell soccer as a stamina sport. Marathon runner does 26 miles in 2 hours without a break. Soccer is a light jog the fatty I posted could do.

FrostKing
04-26-2019, 09:01 PM
NFL is the slowest assuming you count lineman

04-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Seems to run more than soccer players too :lol
Not really, try again :lol

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 09:06 PM
NFL is the slowest assuming you count lineman

Those dudes have 40 times on par with Ronaldo (soccer's greatest athlete, who was laboratory measured).

The OP really blew up a lot of myths about soccer being this sprinting marathon with a ball involved. Its stamina demands really aren't an outlier. Shit like marathons and triathlons are stamina sports. My basic point is that when you consider the distances covered in the amount of time it takes, you might as well be standing around. What's impressive about 7 miles over 90 minutes when only 2% of that is sprinting?

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 09:07 PM
Not really, try again :lol

5KM is 3 miles. Pogba (a top 3 athlete in soccer) runs less than that during a match, as 68% of the time he's walking or standing (4 percent other is standing).

Bynumite
04-26-2019, 09:15 PM
The original premise was soccer players spend more time walking and trotting than they do actually running, so the 7 miles distance covered isn't impressive if you're walking it. You might as well be standing around. Quit trying to sell soccer as a stamina sport. Marathon runner does 26 miles in 2 hours without a break. Soccer is a light jog the fatty I posted could do.

You literally see that fatty do something that resembles racewalking for 10 seconds in a 4 min video full of edits and he calls it running a 5K.

How gullible are you mid? :lol

But i guess he's ready for primetime Fattyball since it only requires covering 242 feet in 3 hours :lmao

FrostKing
04-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Those dudes have 40 times on par with Ronaldo (soccer's greatest athlete, who was laboratory measured).

The OP really blew up a lot of myths about soccer being this sprinting marathon with a ball involved. Its stamina demands really aren't an outlier. Shit like marathons and triathlons are stamina sports. My basic point is that when you consider the distances covered in the amount of time it takes, you might as well be standing around. What's impressive about 7 miles over 90 minutes when only 2% of that is sprinting?
? Im gonna need a link

Google searches argue Ronaldo is a second per hour slower than Beckham

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 09:30 PM
? Im gonna need a link

Google searches argue Ronaldo is a second per hour slower than Beckham

The Portugal captain has officially recorded the fastest top speed at the World Cup this summer (34kmph). beating 735 players at the tournament in terms of raw pace.

At 33 years old, too. Then factor in he has soccer's greatest vertical, its most "shredded" physique, etc, he's probably the greatest pure soccer athlete who's ever lived. But funny enough, he'd only be around 200th on the "fatball" sprint speed list (3.61 82 foot time in lab conditions).

04-26-2019, 09:31 PM

5KM is 3 miles. Pogba (a top 3 athlete in soccer) runs less than that during a match, as 68% of the time he's walking or standing (4 percent other is standing).

You keep showing how clueless you are about football every time you make those kind of statements, I love it :lol

04-26-2019, 09:32 PM
You literally see that fatty do something that resembles racewalking for 10 seconds in a 4 min video full of edits and he calls it running a 5K.

How gullible are you mid? :lol

But i guess he's ready for primetime Fattyball since it only requires covering 242 feet in 3 hours :lmao

Ok let's be serious for a second, that guy is not ready to be a baseball player. Hes still way too skinny tbh

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 09:48 PM
You keep showing how clueless you are about football every time you make those kind of statements, I love it :lol

Ronaldo recorded the fastest speed at the 2018 World Cup :lmao

Pogba is a top 3 soccer athlete. I don't mean player.

I'm less clueless about TwinkTrot than you are about baseball. Here's a clue. Ronaldo (soccer's fastest player, as proven by the World Cup stats), would rank in the 200s on the MLB sprint speed leaderboard.

lefty
04-26-2019, 09:58 PM

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 10:01 PM
Jesus, the soccer world is so enamored with its greatest athlete, they're still performing tests on him as if he's a mutant :wow

Let's try and put Cristiano Ronaldo's incredible fitness into perspective.

Real Madrid's coaching staff performed a series of tests on Cristiano Ronaldo's body that indicated that he has the physical condition of a 23-year old.

The man himself has recently claimed that he will carry on playing for another eight years.

It was revealed that the 33-year-old has the fat content of 7%. If you compare this to other footballers, the average is around 10 or 11%, according to a report from Spanish publication AS.

Ronaldo also has a muscle mass of 50%, and again, if you compare it again to other professionals, the usual figure doesn't exceed 46%.

No other soccer player in history has been examined like Ronaldo. He truly is a specimen in that realm. But for fun, let's see a comparable "fatball" athlete, using Ronaldo's 3.61 82 foot time as a baseline. 3.55 second average (on baseball dirt) over 80 feet and built like a linebacker:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/JfJjDE1YSKdpGbJ2L2VmxzREPg0=/0x0:3846x2854/1200x800/filters:focal(1616x1120:2230x1734)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55327137/usa_today_10115581.0.jpg

Thames is a beast, so a bit unfair to Ronaldo.

midnightpulp
04-26-2019, 10:29 PM

It's Vladdy Jr. day, Left! Son of your boyhood hero (or was that Gary Carter?).

FrostKing
04-27-2019, 12:28 AM
At 33 years old, too. Then factor in he has soccer's greatest vertical, its most "shredded" physique, etc, he's probably the greatest pure soccer athlete who's ever lived. But funny enough, he'd only be around 200th on the "fatball" sprint speed list (3.61 82 foot time in lab conditions).
34 kmph = 21.127 miles per hour

"Beckham's top speed heading into the end zone was reportedly recorded at 21.85 miles per hour."

FrostKing
04-27-2019, 12:37 AM
Did you get the conversion rate wrong buddy?

midnightpulp
04-27-2019, 12:51 AM
34 kmph = 21.127 miles per hour

"Beckham's top speed heading into the end zone was reportedly recorded at 21.85 miles per hour."

Oh, you're talking about Odell Beckham. I thought you disagreed that Ronaldo is soccer's GOAT athlete and were bringing up David Beckham's past top speed as a counter. So you're arguing that fat lineman can't be as fast as Ronaldo over the 40 since he's only slightly slower than ODB, correct?

Let's unpack:

You don't reach top sprint speed until about 60-70m. Ronaldo's World Cup sprint was over 80 yards. How long was Beckham's play? Furthermore, both players are running on equal surfaces (grass), but NFL players have to wear pads, which slows them down. I've pro-rated Ronaldo's 40 time from his 3.61 82 foot time to 4.8 seconds (I gave him typical NFL WR acceleration). Brian O'Neill is 6'7", 305 pounds and ran the 40 in 4.82.

I'm also not discounting Ronaldo's athleticism, just that he isn't a special athlete by MLB, NFL, or NBA standards. I bring this up only to shoot down the morons who think baseball doesn't require top tier athleticism. Sure, you can get away with a few extra pounds at the catcher, DH, and pitcher positions, but you better have an elite arm, have retard power, or superb velocity and control to make up for your lack of speed. All the "fat" DHs usually have poor overall game impact. Fielder hit 50 homers and was only a 3.0 WAR player. Not even all-star level. Speed kills in baseball, always has.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2019, 12:54 AM
Mids having to create alts now :lmao

Soccer is what I call movingball.

Baseball is what would call stationaryball

midnightpulp
04-27-2019, 12:59 AM
Mids having to create alts now :lmao

Soccer is what I call movingball.

Baseball is what would call stationaryball

Why would I create an alt? I would've loved to find this fact :lol. No, soccer is walkball. Proven by the stats. They walk and lightly jog more than engage in athletic events. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just funny how your crew plays up soccer as some kind of endurance test. Its stamina demands aren't extraordinary. I mean, I guess it's the most athletic sport humans ever invented if you find walking and jogging impressive for 6 miles over 2 hours impressive. I particularly don't.

DAF86
04-28-2019, 07:58 PM
Notice how there's a 0% of standing still.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 01:32 AM
Notice how there's a 0% of standing still.

Because they writhe on the ground instead. :lol "writhing time."

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2j4aq1d.jpg

I think Neymar spent 14 minutes in a tournament doing that. Face of the sport after the big 2 retire.

https://www.cnet.com/news/world-cup-brazils-neymar-has-spent-14-minutes-on-the-floor/

Will Hunting
04-29-2019, 05:46 PM

Beisbol is especially egregious in that department. Maybe that's the reason why they have so many fatties :lol

:lol going by the "distance covered" argument golf > soccer in terms of athleticism

https://cdn.usatsimg.com/image/thumb/600-600nw/10121994.jpg

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 06:56 PM
:lol going by the "distance covered" argument golf > soccer in terms of athleticism

:lmao

Soccer crew just can't notch a win. Been 4 years and they're batting 000.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 07:06 PM

6 miles in a 180 game regular season? Holy shit :lmao

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 07:30 PM
6 miles in a 180 game regular season? Holy shit :lmao

:lol still trying to use the distance covered argument as a measure of athleticism when DoK proved how stupid it is. Here's the thing, any athlete who conditions himself to the point where he can run 18-20mph can handle 7 miles over 2 hours. Baseball players can handle the endurance demands of soccer better than soccer players could handle the endurance demands of baseball.

A soccer player would destroy his UCL 10 pitches in trying to throw at max velocity. Tim Tebow never got injured playing football, yet broke a bone in his hand during a swing. Neymar probably dislocates his shoulder after an hour in the batting cages (this has also happened to MLB players). Anyone can trot around for a few miles over 2 hours with a 30 minute break. It's not that impressive.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 07:43 PM
:lol still trying to use the distance covered argument as a measure of athleticism when DoK proved how stupid it is. Here's the thing, any athlete who conditions himself to the point where he can run 18-20mph can handle 7 miles over 2 hours. Baseball players can handle the endurance demands of soccer better than soccer players could handle the endurance demands of baseball.

A soccer player would destroy his UCL 10 pitches in trying to throw at max velocity. Tim Tebow never got injured playing football, yet broke a bone in his hand during a swing. Neymar probably dislocates his shoulder after an hour in the batting cages (this has also happened to MLB players). Anyone can trot around for a few miles over 2 hours with a 30 minute break. It's not that impressive.

My argument has always been that the sport itself is what's kind of a joke physically not the (top) players themselves. Yeah, there's some physical specimen in fatball but it's just going to waste since the large majority of the time they're just standing around or on the bench eating sunflower seeds.

Then you have the fatties that prove how it's not even necessary to be in top physical form to be really good at fatball.

apalisoc_9
04-29-2019, 07:55 PM
My argument has always been that the sport itself is what's kind of a joke physically not the (top) players themselves. Yeah, there's some physical specimen in fatball but it's just going to waste since the large majority of the time they're just standing around or on the bench eating sunflower seeds.

Then you have the fatties that prove how it's not even necessary to be in top physical form to be really good at fatball.

You can be an MVP in Baseball with Zero Dietary discipline.

Let that sink in for a moment...

Bynumite
04-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Mid shamelessly moving the goalpost :lol

Nobody said distance covered = athleticism, the original premise of this thread was simply distance covered in soccer. Only when mid's alt got shut down and it was shown that soccer has a higher distance covered per game/season compared to major american sports, especially Fattyball, that's when mid brought atheleticism into the conversation trying to save face :lol

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Then you have the fatties that prove how it's not even necessary to be in top physical form.

No, your argument is based out of bias. You won't reply to this and conveniently leave the thread after I drop these facts yet again.

Do you think there's physical specimens in baseball just because they enjoy looking muscular? Are you really that fuckin' dumb? World Series have been won and lost because a player wasn't fast enough to beat out a throw or chase down a flyball. They've been won and lost on stolen bases. This suggests speed is a pretty fuckin' important part of the sport. Your hero Ronaldo (GOAT soccer athlete) would only have middle-tier speed among position players. So if the sport is a "joke physically," Ronaldo is laughable, right? If it's a joke physically, why are there 14 Yankees on the DL, right now? Your canned reply will be something along the lines of them being fat or something. Nope.

Aaron Judge - physical specimen, torn oblique during a swing.
Stanton - specimen, bicep strain (probably during a swing)
Clint Frazier - specimen, ankle

I can go on, but I assure you all the following players are specimens, but yet are getting sidelined by in game demands. You wouldn't know what those are, since you never played, but I'd rather trot around for a few miles than throw 100 pitches or have a 10 pitch at bat against an MLB pitcher.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Mid shamelessly moving the goalpost :lol

Nobody said distance covered = athleticism, the original premise of this thread was simply distance covered in soccer. Only when mid's alt got shut down and it was shown that soccer has a higher distance covered per game/season compared to major american sports, especially Fattyball, that's when mid brought atheleticism into the conversation trying to save face :lol

I never moved any goal posts. The soccer crew has used how much moving around there is in a sport to determine how athletic it is since this debate (that the soccer crew badly loses every time) began 4 years ago. If we're going by that logic, Usain Bolt is a shitty athlete, and moves around less in a track season than a baseball player. Bolt has admitted to never running a mile. No one criticizes sprinters, like they do baseball athletes. I wonder why? Probably because the dads of the soccer crew (those born in America) forced their kids to play baseball, resulting in teary car rides home after you struck out for the 100th straight time. This is why the shit kids play soccer here during that age.

Bynumite
04-29-2019, 08:06 PM
I never moved any goal posts. The soccer crew has used how much moving around there is in a sport to determine how athletic it is since this debate (that the soccer crew badly loses every time) began 4 years ago. If we're going by that logic, Usain Bolt is a shitty athlete, and moves around less in a track season than a baseball player. Bolt has admitted to never running a mile. No one criticizes sprinters, like they do baseball athletes. I wonder why? Probably because the dads of the soccer crew (those born in America) forced their kids to play baseball, resulting in teary car rides home after you struck out for the 100th straight time. This is why the shit kids play soccer here during that age.

Your capitulation is duly noted:wakeup

apalisoc_9
04-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Name me a a REAL sport where you can be an MVP without dietary discipline?

I honestly think baseball is a virus in the american community. Think about it..

All these kids think they can be labeled as an athlete even if they eat all sorts of burritos and Burgers. Sad

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:08 PM
You can be an MVP in Baseball with Zero Dietary discipline.

Let that sink in for a moment...

No MVPs have been fat. But you can be the highest paid player in MalariaTrot with a girl's body :lol

https://www.ronaldo7.net/news/2013/06/cristiano-ronaldo-680-neymar-body-shirtless-and-skinny-doing-the-medical-tests-before-signing-for-barcelona.jpg

That isn't an athlete. It's a man preparing for gender reassignment surgery.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Your capitulation is duly noted:wakeup

Deflecting with one liners.

You set the goal posts (distance cover=athleticism). DoK shot that shit down. You're the ones scrambling for an out now.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Name me a a REAL sport where you can be an MVP without dietary discipline?

I honestly think baseball is a virus in the american community. Think about it..

All these kids think they can be labeled as an athlete even if they eat all sorts of burritos and Burgers. Sad

No league MVP has been fat.

Shaq was at his peak when he was at his fattest and even admitted to having a shit diet and not working out :lol.

Charles Barkley, too.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:13 PM
No, your argument is based out of bias. You won't reply to this and conveniently leave the thread after I drop these facts yet again.

Do you think there's physical specimens in baseball just because they enjoy looking muscular? Are you really that fuckin' dumb? World Series have been won and lost because a player wasn't fast enough to beat out a throw or chase down a flyball. They've been won and lost on stolen bases. This suggests speed is a pretty fuckin' important part of the sport. Your hero Ronaldo (GOAT soccer athlete) would only have middle-tier speed among position players. So if the sport is a "joke physically," Ronaldo is laughable, right? If it's a joke physically, why are there 14 Yankees on the DL, right now? Your canned reply will be something along the lines of them being fat or something. Nope.

Aaron Judge - physical specimen, torn oblique during a swing.
Stanton - specimen, bicep strain (probably during a swing)
Clint Frazier - specimen, ankle

I can go on, but I assure you all the following players are specimens, but yet are getting sidelined by in game demands. You wouldn't know what those are, since you never played, but I'd rather trot around for a few miles than throw 100 pitches or have a 10 pitch at bat against an MLB pitcher.

Oh woopdido, there's injuries in fatball.

Injuries can happen even in everyday life, buddy. The fact that they happen in fatball isn't some testament to how demanding it is. 6 miles in an entire season, .0375 miles per game, playing everyday for months in a row, doubleheaders, etc. All that speaks for itself. All the physical specimen in fatball are wasting their incredible talent on such a fat, lazy sport. No way around it, tbh.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:17 PM
No league MVP has been fat.

Shaq was at his peak when he was at his fattest and even admitted to having a shit diet and not working out :lol.

Charles Barkley, too.

Fielder never won an MVP?

Off the top of my head, Cabrera is fat. Ryan Howard was pretty chunky. Fat Albert too. And what about the Babe? :lol

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Oh woopdido, there's injuries in fatball.

Injuries can happen even in everyday life, buddy. The fact that they happen in fatball isn't some testament to how demanding it is. 6 miles in an entire season, .0375 miles per game, playing everyday for months in a row, doubleheaders, etc. All that speaks for itself. All the physical specimen in fatball are wasting their incredible talent on such a fat, lazy sport. No way around it, tbh.

Now injuries don't count :lol

Just admit you're biased against baseball because you were absolutely trash at it. Aaron Judge is wasting his talent hitting 500 foot bombs? What other sport can you do that in? If Aaron Judge went to football, he'd be another TE doing relatively low skill feats like catching a slow moving football and blocking. You see that shit every game in the NFL. Nolan Arenado is wasting his talent throwing runners out from his knees at over 150 feet away? Jordan Hicks is wasting his talent throwing 104 mph fastballs?

Calling you out again. Lazy sport? Should be easy, then. Fire up the old smart phone and take your ass down to the batting cages and see how you do facing 90mph. Then after that, make those 120 foot throws from SS like you claimed you can.

04-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Deflecting with one liners.

You set the goal posts (distance cover=athleticism). DoK shot that shit down. You're the ones scrambling for an out now.
N:lol

Per game football is still in front by far. Not to mention in golf all they do is literally walk (the true walkball :lol)

Also using MLShit :lmao

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Fielder never won an MVP?

Off the top of my head, Cabrera is fat. Ryan Howard was pretty chunky. Fat Albert too. And what about the Babe? :lol

No. Fielder was an average player overall.

Do you think any and all mass equals fat? I guess when you watch povertyball, you get used to feminine bodies so much, anyone with mass looks fat.

http://upl.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Miguel-Cabrera-Workout-STACK-629x401.jpg

During MVP season:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-a3Ho5aXIE8s/UoVzejPlrqI/AAAAAAAAL5s/8U5_dLHg6ZE/s1600/IMG_22847619662379.jpeg

That isn't fat. This is fat, the best D-lineman of his generation.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/53/17/03/11333877/3/920x920.jpg

"B-But football is different!"

Sure. :lol

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Now injuries don't count :lol

Just admit you're biased against baseball because you were absolutely trash at it. Aaron Judge is wasting his talent hitting 500 foot bombs? What other sport can you do that in? If Aaron Judge went to football, he'd be another TE doing relatively low skill feats like catching a slow moving football and blocking. You see that shit every game in the NFL. Nolan Arenado is wasting his talent throwing runners out from his knees at over 150 feet away? Jordan Hicks is wasting his talent throwing 104 mph fastballs?

Calling you out again. Lazy sport? Should be easy, then. Fire up the old smart phone and take your ass down to the batting cages and see how you do facing 90mph. Then after that, make those 120 foot throws from SS like you claimed you can.

When have I said fatball is easy? Admittedly, I sucked at hitting. Fielding came easier to me. But it being difficult doesn't change the fact that it's a bunch of standing around/sitting on the bench. Waste of talent if you're a physical specimen, while the fatties take advantage of the liberties that such a fat, lazy game allows.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:31 PM
No. Fielder was an average player overall.

Do you think any and all mass equals fat? I guess when you watch povertyball, you get used to feminine bodies so much, anyone with mass looks fat.

http://upl.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Miguel-Cabrera-Workout-STACK-629x401.jpg

During MVP season:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-a3Ho5aXIE8s/UoVzejPlrqI/AAAAAAAAL5s/8U5_dLHg6ZE/s1600/IMG_22847619662379.jpeg

That isn't fat. This is fat, the best D-lineman of his generation.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/53/17/03/11333877/3/920x920.jpg

"B-But football is different!"

Sure. :lol

Really bruh? :lol

https://soliloqueue.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/miggy.jpg?w=614

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:32 PM

Per game football is still in front by far. Not to mention in golf all they do is literally walk (the true walkball :lol)

You miss the point. You and the crew have used how much movement there is an sport to determine its "demands." DoK's graph was showing it's a dumb way to determine it. And the fact your crew hasn't responded to is why do you think covering 7 miles over 2 fuckin' hours (half time break) is some amazing feat of endurance? Yes, they move around more in soccer, but if you think a professional athlete in baseball, football, or even in golf would be totally wasted by 7 miles over 2 hours, just :lol. Jose Fernandez was biking 600 miles per week.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:33 PM
Oh and prime Fielder was a perennial all-star. Don't be dishonest now.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:33 PM

Do you see some huge fuckin' gut in the right picture? Only area that looks fat is his face. Show me the MVP that looks like Vince Wilfork.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Oh and prime Fielder was a perennial all-star. Don't be dishonest now.

:lol All star selections. Fan voted. Look at his WAR. Average player for the majority of his career aside from one 6.4 season.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Do you see some huge fuckin' gut in the right picture? Only area that looks fat is his face. Show me the MVP that looks like Vince Wilfork.

Oh, so now you have to be obese to be fat?

Let me guess, Cabrera is just big boned? Probably shredded under the jersey? :rolleyes

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:40 PM
When have I said fatball is easy? Admittedly, I sucked at hitting. Fielding came easier to me. But it being difficult doesn't change the fact that it's a bunch of standing around/sitting on the bench. Waste of talent if you're a physical specimen, while the fatties take advantage of the liberties that such a fat, lazy game allows.

There's way more fatties in the NFL. You didn't play tackle football, either, and that sport is considerably lazier than baseball, since the skill and mental demands are a joke. Only the QB is really tasked with doing anything that resembles skill. No, route running and catching a slow moving ball you know is coming aren't particularly demanding skill sets.

You're saying it's easy labelling it as lazy. It's a passive-aggressive insult. Nothing that is difficult is lazy. Baseball is much more difficult than football and basketball (you won't find a Dewayne Dedmon in the MLB, a guy who first saw a basketball at 20 and become a decent NBA player), and therefore the more demanding sport, despite how much moving around there is.

04-29-2019, 08:41 PM
You miss the point. You and the crew have used how much movement there is an sport to determine its "demands." DoK's graph was showing it's a dumb way to determine it. And the fact your crew hasn't responded to is why do you think covering 7 miles over 2 fuckin' hours (half time break) is some amazing feat of endurance? Yes, they move around more in soccer, but if you think a professional athlete in baseball, football, or even in golf would be totally wasted by 7 miles over 2 hours, just :lol. Jose Fernandez was biking 600 miles per week.
No I dont :lol you're reaching because you have nothing else to cling to anymore tbh

Also, using MLass :lmao

04-29-2019, 08:42 PM

apalisoc_9
04-29-2019, 08:44 PM

MVP MVP MVP

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:48 PM
Oh, so now you have to be obese to be fat?

Let me guess, Cabrera is just big boned? Probably shredded under the jersey? :rolleyes

When most people think fat, they think someone who looks like Vince Wilfork. And again, where's the huge, protruding gut on Cabrera? You also neglect the realities of strength training. Not everyone can put on pounds of mass through muscle alone. You can lift and lift and not gain and still look soft. So then you have no choice but to add weight through fat.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics

This man pulled off one of the greatest sports feats in history.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1262060.1360698232!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/usreactweb13s-1-web.jpg

Side gut spilling over his tights. Overall chunky. His body type is worse than Cabrera's.

But I'm not simplistic enough to relate athleticism to body type.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 08:51 PM
No I dont :lol you're reaching because you have nothing else to cling to anymore tbh

Also, using MLass :lmao

:madrun: MLS doesn't count.

Its movement stats are the same as EPL. You remember they are also factoring goalies.

And yes, you miss the point. Golf is more athletic than soccer per your logic.

04-29-2019, 08:53 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/SSzu9Yrti1KcE/giphy.gif

tickle fight time!!!

Will Hunting
04-29-2019, 08:59 PM

:lol this is the most arbitrary criteria being made up as doublehandjobball fans go along.

”They cover more distance than any other sport so the fact they’re walking most of the time doesn’t matter!”

”They cover less ground than golfers do..”

”Well in golf they’re walking ALL the time instead of most of the time so that obviously doesn’t count!”

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Oh, and if FkLA sucked at hitting, I don't see how fielding came easy if he was never on the field to try his fielding skills :lol. (I know he didn't play organized baseball, either). Dad hitting slow grounders to you in the backyard doesn't count.

Point is, FKLA evaluates sports from a position of never having played them seriously, reducing "demand" down to how much moving he sees on the television screen.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:06 PM
:lol this is the most arbitrary criteria being made up as doublehandjobball fans go along.

”They cover more distance than any other sport so the fact they’re walking most of the time doesn’t matter!”

”Well in golf they’re walking ALL the time instead of most of the time so that obviously doesn’t count!”

And now they're going with "per game" :lol. More bad logic.

Hmmm, I average 5 miles per run, but only run once a week. The neighbor runs 2 miles every day. Over the course of the week, his regimen was more demanding. Same with golf vis a vis soccer. They play 4 rounds per week, while soccer has two games per week. Thus, playing golf is a more a demanding physical regimen. The stats don't lie. Golfers simply move more than soccer players over their week/season.

04-29-2019, 09:07 PM
:madrun: MLS doesn't count.

Its movement stats are the same as EPL. You remember they are also factoring goalies.

And yes, you miss the point. Golf is more athletic than soccer per your logic.
Again, no I don't :lol Golfers literally walk all that distance so it's meaningless. Also lol at 34 games, any mid tier team in a respectable league will play a lot more than that in a season. Which brings me to my other point: using MLass :lmao

Boiled down:::once again those cute little numbers and stats don't mean a thing :lol gjge though :tu

Will Hunting
04-29-2019, 09:12 PM
And now they're going with "per game" :lol. More bad logic.

Hmmm, I average 5 miles per run, but only run once a week. The neighbor runs 2 miles every day. Over the course of the week, his regimen was more demanding. Same with golf vis a vis soccer. They play 4 rounds per week, while soccer has two games per week. Thus, playing golf is a more a demanding physical regimen. The stats don't lie. Golfers simply move more than soccer players over their week/season.
It’s an arbitrary horseshit argument :lol

Obviously even the most active NFL players during a game (wide receivers and corners) aren’t covering 7 miles a game when they’re mostly sprinting or running near full speed. Even with the rule changes, running 7 miles as a receiver while getting constantly mugged and tackled and having to block on running plays would be a physically impossible task :lol, your body would shut down at some point.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 09:15 PM
There's way more fatties in the NFL. You didn't play tackle football, either, and that sport is considerably lazier than baseball, since the skill and mental demands are a joke. Only the QB is really tasked with doing anything that resembles skill. No, route running and catching a slow moving ball you know is coming aren't particularly demanding skill sets.

I can agree that some positions in football can be pretty lazy too. Not sure how they're on par with fatball though. It's not like linemen are just standing around not doing shit 99% of the time like non-pitcher fatball players are.

You're saying it's easy labelling it as lazy. It's a passive-aggressive insult. Nothing that is difficult is lazy. Baseball is much more difficult than football and basketball (you won't find a Dewayne Dedmon in the MLB, a guy who first saw a basketball at 20 and become a decent NBA player), and therefore the more demanding sport, despite how much moving around there is.

Don't twist what I'm saying to fit your little narrative, bruh. I'm flat out telling you I don't think fatball is easy. That doesn't change the fact that the game itself is just a bunch of standing around most of the time. Dispute that for me.

When most people think fat, they think someone who looks like Vince Wilfork. And again, where's the huge, protruding gut on Cabrera? You also neglect the realities of strength training. Not everyone can put on pounds of mass through muscle alone. You can lift and lift and not gain and still look soft. So then you have no choice but to add weight through fat.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics

This man pulled off one of the greatest sports feats in history.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1262060.1360698232!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/usreactweb13s-1-web.jpg

Side gut spilling over his tights. Overall chunky. His body type is worse than Cabrera's.

But I'm not simplistic enough to relate athleticism to body type.

:lol I like how you're Mr. scientific until it doesn't benefit your argument. Just lol at using general consensus or a protruding gut as a way to determine fatness. The dude is overweight, period. Which is just embarrassing for a professional "athlete".

So now you know Cabrera's genetics? Are you sure that's the only way he could've gained "mass"? Why didn't he cut after his dirty bulk?

He was already a great player when he was skinny anyways. It's not like he needed to get bigger to help his career. Face it, the dude just took advantage of the liberties fatball afforded him and got fat. Btw I'm pretty sure Cabrera would look worse than that guy in a skin tight suit. :lol

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:17 PM
Again, no I don't :lol Golfers literally walk all that distance so it's meaningless. Also lol at 34 games, any mid tier team in a respectable league will play a lot more than that in a season. Which brings me to my other point: using MLass :lmao

Boiled down:::once again those cute little numbers and stats don't mean a thing :lol gjge though :tu

Soccer players walk and lightly jog 98% of their distance. Are you that impressed with walking and light jogging that it's a fact worth bringing up? Soccer players only full on sprint 2% of the time, or 600 feet. EPL is 40 games long. Golfers also play more events outside of the PGA tour. The stats look good. Jack Cork was the distance leader in the EPL at 360km. But remember, the MLS stats are factoring average distance over all players, factoring in goalies and other players who might move less. Goalies average about 1.5 miles per game. The PGA tour is also factoring golfers who don't make the cut.

So, boiled down, following the soccer crew criteria of reducing demand down to distance covered, golfers are more athletic than soccer players. I agree for other reasons, as well. Playing good golf is much harder than kicking a ball around.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 09:18 PM

That's a stupid ass argument though. The walking in golf isn't even a part of the game itself, there's no competition in it. It's just something that's done to get from one hole to the other.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 09:30 PM
Oh, and if FkLA (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213) sucked at hitting, I don't see how fielding came easy if he was never on the field to try his fielding skills :lol. (I know he didn't play organized baseball, either). Dad hitting slow grounders to you in the backyard doesn't count.

Point is, FKLA evaluates sports from a position of never having played them seriously, reducing "demand" down to how much moving he sees on the television screen.

I missed this post.

Bruh, I feel confident saying I'm more athletic than you so stop taking these little subtle shots at my athleticism. You'd think you were a fringe MLF player or something with the little shots you try to take. :rolleyes

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:33 PM
I can agree that some positions in football can be pretty lazy too. Not sure how they're on par with fatball though. It's not like linemen are just standing around not doing shit 99% of the time like non-pitcher fatball players are.

Don't twist what I'm saying to fit your little narrative, bruh. I'm flat out telling you I don't think fatball is easy. That doesn't change the fact that the game itself is just a bunch of standing around most of the time. Dispute that for me.

:lol I like how you're Mr. scientific until it doesn't benefit your argument. Just lol at using general consensus or a protruding gut as a way to determine fatness. The dude is overweight, period. Which is just embarrassing for a professional "athlete".

So now you know Cabrera's genetics? Are you sure that's the only way he could've gained "mass"? Why didn't he cut after his dirty bulk?

He was already a great player when he was skinny anyways. It's not like he needed to get bigger to help his career. Face it, the dude just took advantage of the liberties fatball afforded him and got fat. Btw I'm pretty sure Cabrera would look worse than that guy in a skin tight suit. :lol

Rulon Gardner is "overweight period." Why aren't you saying he's an embarrassment? Half an NFL team are flat out obese, but since you like the sport, you employ all manner of cognitive dissonance to avoid criticizing them. American football has the fattest, worse body types in all of ball sports. Period. There is no disputing that.

Why would you fuckin' cut if you wanted the added weight :lol? More mass=hitting the ball harder.

And wow, so fat!

http://topbet.eu/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/mike-trout-miguel-cabrera-mlb-640x413.jpeg

I don't deny baseball players stand around. I say that evaluation of a sport's demands based on how much standing around there might be is retarded. I don't care whether or not if you get tired standing in the outfield. When it comes time to run 100 feet to catch a fly ball and then throw it in at over 90 mph, you naturally lack the athleticism in spades to do that, so denigrating the sport as lazy if you can't meet its athletic demands makes no sense to me. Why shit on something you're too shit to do?

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:35 PM
I missed this post.

Bruh, I feel confident saying I'm more athletic than you so stop taking these little subtle shots at my athleticism. You'd think you were a fringe MLF player or something with the little shots you try to take. :rolleyes

You're probably 10-12 years younger than me, so I'm sure you are :lol

What organized high school sports did you play? Soccer goalie? :lmao

Will Hunting
04-29-2019, 09:44 PM
That's a stupid ass argument though. The walking in golf isn't even a part of the game itself, there's no competition in it. It's just something that's done to get from one hole to the other.
Yeah sorry but no. The power in a golf swing comes from your lower body and being able to maintain the swing fundamentals after walking several miles is a part of the game. If it wasn’t they would let all of the players use golf carts.

Phil Mickelson for example in his earlier years choked away multiple majors because he was out of shape and started spraying his driver all over the place because of fatigue.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:46 PM

It doesn't matter. Golfers have to walk. End of story. You're spinning like a fuckin' top since it pains you to appreciate sports you find boring. And that's where your gripe is really centered. You have all the fuckin' praise in the world for Usain Bolt, despite him never having run a mile, despite his sport having MUCH MORE standing around than baseball (i.e. run one heat, stand/sit around for 5 or 6 hours), and despite sprinting testing only one athletic trait.

I also think the gripe has a foundation in dad forcing you to play baseball. If he's a boomer Mexican, that age group loves baseball more than fagkick. First game, struck out every time. Dad told you to stick with it, it'll come. But the light jogging over at the soccer field where kids don't have to do much of anything to make contact with the ball was much more appealing. I'm not talking shit, either. Franklin Foer is an American soccer evangelist who did studies on the growth of youth soccer who found baseball was too humbling and frustrating for that age group.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Rulon Gardner is "overweight period." Why aren't you saying he's an embarrassment? Half an NFL team are flat out obese, but since you like the sport, you employ all manner of cognitive dissonance to avoid criticizing them. American football has the fattest, worse body types in all of ball sports. Period. There is no disputing that.

Why would you fuckin' cut if you wanted the added weight :lol? More mass=hitting the ball harder.

And wow, so fat!

http://topbet.eu/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/mike-trout-miguel-cabrera-mlb-640x413.jpeg

I don't deny baseball players stand around. I say that evaluation of a sport's demands based on how much standing around there might be is retarded. I don't care whether or not if you get tired standing in the outfield. When it comes time to run 100 feet to catch a fly ball and then throw it in at over 90 mph, you naturally lack the athleticism in spades to do that, so denigrating the sport as lazy if you can't meet its athletic demands makes no sense to me. Why shit on something you're too shit to do?

You can cut and preserve most of your muscle. That's common knowledge. Cabrera just didn't deem it necessary because he could remain elite while eating twinkies so why put in the extra work.

That's such a dumb argument. Yeah no shit I lack the ability to play fatball at a professional level. I'm sure I could make plenty of those plays at an average joe, non-pro level though. Your double standard is funny too, because for example you like to call basketball easy because you can shoot a three in a gym by yourself. I don't see you going on about how difficult it would be to do that over Pat Beverly though.

You're probably 10-12 years younger than me, so I'm sure you are :lol

What organized high school sports did you play? Soccer goalie? :lmao

Everything except fatball. Was better than you too, tbh.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Baseball, where each batter must stand center stage four or five times a game, entailed too many stressful, potentially ego-deflating encounters. Basketball, before Larry Bird’s prime, still had the taint of the ghetto. But soccer represented something very different. It was a tabula rasa, a sport onto which a generation of parents could project their values. Quickly, soccer came to represent the fundamental tenets of yuppie parenting, the spirit of Sesame Street and Dr. Benjamin Spock. Unlike the other sports, it would foster self-esteem, minimize the pain of competition while still teaching life lessons.

"Minimize the pain of competition."

This was boomer white yuppie parents, though. The boomer Mexicans were tough as nails baseball coaches and fathers. The faggots who couldn't handle the "ego deflation" went to soccer.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 09:57 PM
Yeah sorry but no. The power in a golf swing comes from your lower body and being able to maintain the swing fundamentals after walking several miles is a part of the game. If it wasn’t they would let all of the players use golf carts.

Phil Mickelson for example in his earlier years choked away multiple majors because he was out of shape and started spraying his driver all over the place because of fatigue.

lol what a reach

They must practice their walking forms I bet. The announcers probably passionately narrate their walks and the fans go wild during them, huh? They're just fucking walking, bruh. No shot clock, no opposition, no pressure.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 09:57 PM
You can cut and preserve most of your muscle. That's common knowledge. Cabrera just didn't deem it necessary because he could remain elite while eating twinkies so why put in the extra work.

That's such a dumb argument. Yeah no shit I lack the ability to play fatball at a professional level. I'm sure I could make plenty of those plays at an average joe, non-pro level though. Your double standard is funny too, because for example you like to call basketball easy because you can shoot a three in a gym by yourself. I don't see you going on about how difficult it would be to do that over Pat Beverly though.

And why didn't you play baseball? Because it was the hardest sport. Also, the soccer and basketball seasons conflict, so no, you didn't play "all of them."

Fall

Football
Cheer (coed)
Cross Country (coed)
Volleyball (girls)
Girls Golf
Girls Tennis
Boys and Girls Water Polo

Winter

Wrestling (coed)
Boys and Girls Basketball
Cheer
Boys and Girl Soccer

Spring

Track (coed)
Baseball
Softball
Swimming & Diving (coed)
Boys Tennis
Boys Golf
Lacrosse (coed)
Badminton (coed)

Average HS letterman looks like this: Fall, football, Winter, Soccer or Basketball, Spring, Baseball or Track.

"All of them," :lmao

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 10:02 PM
Oh, about cutting. The goal isn't muscle, it's weight. If you aspire to have a 250lb frame to play linebacker or need that bulk for some other reason, and can't build that frame with a 10ish body fat percentage, the mass has to come via fat. Ectomorphs have a lot of trouble building mass through muscle.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 10:05 PM
And why didn't you play baseball? Because it was the hardest sport. Also, the soccer and basketball seasons conflict, so no, you didn't play "all of them."

Average HS letterman looks like this: Fall, football, Winter, Soccer or Basketball, Spring, Baseball or Track.

"All of them," :lmao

"organized high school sports"

I was in high school 4 years. I didn't play fatball because it was never a big thing growing up. That's probably why it was also my worst sport. I never put in the hours that I put in for the others.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 10:11 PM
It doesn't matter. Golfers have to walk. End of story. You're spinning like a fuckin' top since it pains you to appreciate sports you find boring. And that's where your gripe is really centered. You have all the fuckin' praise in the world for Usain Bolt, despite him never having run a mile, despite his sport having MUCH MORE standing around than baseball (i.e. run one heat, stand/sit around for 5 or 6 hours), and despite sprinting testing only one athletic trait.

I also think the gripe has a foundation in dad forcing you to play baseball. If he's a boomer Mexican, that age group loves baseball more than fagkick. First game, struck out every time. Dad told you to stick with it, it'll come. But the light jogging over at the soccer field where kids don't have to do much of anything to make contact with the ball was much more appealing. I'm not talking shit, either. Franklin Foer is an American soccer evangelist who did studies on the growth of youth soccer who found baseball was too humbling and frustrating for that age group.

lol no my jefe doesn't give a fuck abou fatball

He was a hardass though. I vividly remember after my first middle school basketball game he asked me how many points I scored, I lied and said 10 even though I had like 6, and he was like "mmm that sucks". :lol

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 10:18 PM

I can make 3s in open gym at a considerably higher success rate than I can make solid contact in an even 80mph cage. I can make mid range jumpers and layups at a much higher success rate than throw strikes. Both practice scenarios. I would have a better change of scoring on Patrick Beverly than I would of getting a base hit off Justin Verlander. Here's one of your super NFL athletes in the minor leagues:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=green-002sha

That's rookie ball. 6 levels away from the MLB. 0-39 with 37 strikeouts :lol

"But I bet a fatball player can't do the footbawl stuff."

Mike Trout, Stanton, Aaron Judge, Aroldis Chapman could get a fuckin' tackle in Division 3 football. Many MLB players were excellent football players, as well.

My main problem with you in this debate always goes back to you denigrating MLB athletes (or PGA tour athletes, or any athlete that doesn't play a sport which meets your arbitrary moving around criteria) as lazy inferior athletes, or the sport as a "game" on the level of darts. It makes no sense to shit on something you suck at and the heroes you have in other sports also suck at. There's been considerably more pro baseball failures finding success in the NBA or NFL than the other way around. So shitting on baseball shits even more on your favorite sports.

apalisoc_9
04-29-2019, 10:22 PM
I can make 3s in open gym at a considerably higher success rate than I can make solid contact in an even 80mph cage. I can make mid range jumpers and layups at a much higher success rate than throw strikes. Both practice scenarios. I would have a better change of scoring on Patrick Beverly than I would of getting a base hit off Justin Verlander. Here's one of your super NFL athletes in the minor leagues:

Mike Trout, Stanton, Aaron Judge, Aroldis Chapman could get a fuckin' tackle in Division 3 football. Many MLB players were excellent football players, as well.

My main problem with you in this debate always goes back to you denigrating MLB athletes (or PGA tour athletes, or any athlete that doesn't play a sport which meets your arbitrary moving around criteria) as lazy inferior athletes, or the sport as a "game" on the level of darts. It makes no sense to shit on something you suck at and the heroes you have in other sports also suck at. There's been considerably more pro baseball failures finding success in the NBA or NFL than the other way around. So shitting on baseball shits even more on your favorite sports.

oh the irony.

What was this thread for again?

No lie. Ronaldo sucks at eating burgers.

He's only good at staying healthy and keeping a strict dietary lifestyle.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 10:26 PM
"organized high school sports"

I was in high school 4 years. I didn't play fatball because it was never a big thing growing up. That's probably why it was also my worst sport. I never put in the hours that I put in for the others.

It's your worst sport because it's the hardest sport. You can deny baseball's difficulty relative to other sports all of you want, but when rugby players are making the NFL after 6 months of training and players like Dedmon make the league after never having seen a basketball until 18, while only about 50 percent of 1st round picks make the MLB and need 3 years in the minors at minimum in most cases, it says a lot.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 10:26 PM
oh the irony.

What was this thread for again?

No lie. Ronaldo sucks at eating burgers.

He's only good at staying healthy and keeping a strict dietary lifestyle.

And being slower than half of MLB players :lmao

You can keep repeating the fatball thing, doesn't make it true.

FkLA
04-29-2019, 10:32 PM

Not really an apples to apples comparison for the practice scenarios. Hitting 40mph fastballs is probably more like it, imo. And I doubt it with the Bev/Verlander thing. I'm pretty sure in both scenarios your chances would be 0%. I'm not talking shit when I say that either, they'd probably be 0% for me too.

I don't see how I denigrate MLF players by saying they're wasting their talent on such a lazy, stationary game. I'm not trying to say that it isn't a great feat when they pull off some of the shit they do, it's just that that talent is hidden away most of the game because the construct of fatball forces them to just stand around not doing shit most of the time.

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Not really an apples to apples comparison for the practice scenarios. Hitting 40mph fastballs is probably more like it, imo. And I doubt it with the Bev/Verlander thing. I'm pretty sure in both scenarios your chances would be 0%. I'm not talking shit when I say that either, they'd probably be 0% for me too.

I don't see how I denigrate MLF players by saying they're wasting their talent on such a lazy, stationary game. That's not to say that it isn't a great feat when they pull off some of the shit they do, it's just that that talent is hidden away most of the game because the construct of fatball forces them to just stand around not doing shit most of the time.

No fuckin' major leaguer is going to practice hitting 40 mph. You're really reaching. Even the home run derby meatballs are thrown at about 70mph. You denigrate the players when you denigrate the game as lazy. Your logic also denigrates Usain Bolt. He's wasting his talents by running in straight line for 10 seconds. Imagine if he focused on decathlon where you test your full athletic range! Baseball tests more athletic traits than sprinting. They also stand around more than sprinters.

No, the talent isn't hidden away. Is running and jumping the only athletic feats you find interesting?

FkLA
04-29-2019, 10:47 PM
No fuckin' major leaguer is going to practice hitting 40 mph. You're really reaching. Even the home run derby meatballs are thrown at about 70mph. You denigrate the players when you denigrate the game as lazy. Your logic also denigrates Usain Bolt. He's wasting his talents by running in straight line for 10 seconds. Imagine if he focused on decathlon where you test your full athletic range! Baseball tests more athletic traits than sprinting. They also stand around more than sprinters.

Stop bringing up Bolt. Sprinting itself is short in duration, but it's balls to the wall the whole time. There's nothing lazy about that. Fatball OTOH, for non-pitchers is balls to the wall what...like .1% of the time?

No, the talent isn't hidden away. Is running and jumping the only athletic feats you find interesting?

Please enlighten me and tell me what talent is on full display while fatball players are standing around? :lol

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Stop bringing up Bolt. Sprinting itself is short in duration, but it's balls to the wall the whole time. There's nothing lazy about that. Fatball OTOH, for non-pitchers is balls to the wall what...like .1% of the time?

You don't like me bringing up Bolt because it defeats your argument. At a track meet, Bolt will take center stage for a couple races (20 seconds total). MLB player takes center stage at the plate 4 to 5 times per game, where it's "balls to wall" swinging (where tearing labrums, obliques, breaking hand bones, isn't uncommon). After an MLB player does his "balls to the wall" performance, he still has to play the field where there might be more balls to wall effort to perform in running, throwing, jumping etc. Bolt does 2 balls to the wall efforts and sits around doing nothing the rest of the time. Yet, 100m sprint isn't "lazy" and baseball is. Okay :lol.

Please enlighten me and tell me what talent is on full display while fatball players are standing around? :lol

Do you watch every sport like a goal sport where you need to see total team movement? Again, baseball player gets 4 to 5 abs, during his matchup with a pitcher his and the pitcher's talents are on full display, so even if I don't get to see Byron Buxton rob 10 homers in a game (I take it this is the kind of frequency you'd demand), I get to see how he maneuvers at the plate, guaranteed. Baseball is a mixture of individual and team sports. On a per event basis in the batter/pitcher matchup, I get to see 160 pitches per team. That's a lot of "talent on display" on both sides (the pitcher throwing them, the batters reacting to them). You just reduce athletic feats down to running and jumping. And you likely watch baseball tuning out everything until there's a ball in play where you can see some "action."

That's why your gripe is centered around what you find entertaining. Just don't confuse your entertainment preferences with talent display. Your argument in a nutshell:

- MLB players are wasting their talent when they could be playing a sport like football or basketball where they could be running and jumping much, much more per game.

- FKLA's definition of a sport that allows flourishing of talent is how much said sport allows the players to run and jump.

- Usain Bolt, a great natural athlete, runs for 20 seconds and then calls it a day.

- Per FKLA's definition, 100m sprinting doesn't allow for much talent flourishing. Little running, no jumping, no throwing, no lateral movement. Just simple head down running in a straight line. We can lament what if Bolt used his talents to pursue football or basketball where he could run, jump, cut at a much greater frequency, showing off his gifts in a much more interesting context. World's fastest man over 100m isn't really all that interesting. Proven by how the world tunes out sprinting until the Olympics. It's basically, win genetic lottery the sport.

- But the 100m sprint isn't "lazy," but the sport which does allow for most players to express his full running, jumping, throwing, and core strength abilities, while being very skill intensive, is :lol

Intellectual consistency on your part would demand you say Usain Bolt is wasting his talents. Or even a football wide receiver vis a vis basketball player, as the latter allows more expression on a per minute basis of running and jumping. As far as wasting talents, I think I'm glad Jordan Hicks chose baseball to throw 100mph sinkers (never seen a pitch quite like this, a sinker with 2 seam bend) over something like basketball where he'd be just another player chucking 23 footers like all the rest of them. https://streamable.com/u7ncv

midnightpulp
04-29-2019, 11:24 PM
double post

DAF86
04-29-2019, 11:41 PM
midnightpulp would literally throw up within the first two minutes if he ever had to play a real soccer Match. :lol

Too bad I don't live close to him so I could someday invite him to play a friendly, tbh. :lol

midnightpulp
04-30-2019, 12:02 AM
midnightpulp would literally throw up within the first two minutes if he ever had to play a real soccer Match. :lol

Too bad I don't live close to him so I could someday invite him to play a friendly, tbh. :lol

A year of cardio, I could handle 6 miles in 2 hours without being spent. Could I handle it as well as a dedicated soccer player? No. Maybe when I was in my athletic prime, where we played full court basketball in 100 degree heat for hours (basketball has about the same per minute movement stats) during the summer. Football Hell week is also a lot more grueling than anything you face in a soccer match (if FkLA really played football, he'd agree). I did that. Didn't throw up. You guys sell soccer as a marathon. A marathon runner covers over three times the distance in 2ish hours.

Sorry, dude. People all over the world are running 5 to 7 miles in 2hours for their bi-weekly to even daily jogs. I'm not saying it isn't somewhat tiring, just not this extraordinary endurance feat.

I'd love to live closer to you. I don't shit on soccer, aside from it being a badly designed sport with overrated athletes compared to other big sports. You think baseball is easy because you don't get tired or whatever, but it would be funny to see you flail with retard looking swings at 50mph pitches, throw the ball straight into the dirt, and take a ball to the face trying to a catch a fly. I get you're talking just about athletic demands and not skill, but you lack the natural upper body athleticism to throw a ball +70mph.

So we both equally look like shit on the athletic front (though, I could train my stamina up. Arm strength is pretty much an innate trait).

DAF86
04-30-2019, 12:39 AM
A year of cardio, I could handle 6 miles in 2 hours without being spent. Could I handle it as well as a dedicated soccer player? No. Maybe when I was in my athletic prime, where we played full court basketball in 100 degree heat for hours (basketball has about the same per minute movement stats) during the summer. Football Hell week is also a lot more grueling than anything you face in a soccer match (if FkLA really played football, he'd agree). I did that. Didn't throw up. You guys sell soccer as a marathon. A marathon runner covers over three times the distance in 2ish hours.

Sorry, dude. People all over the world are running 5 to 7 miles in 2hours for their bi-weekly to even daily jogs. I'm not saying it isn't somewhat tiring, just not this extraordinary endurance feat.

I'd love to live closer to you. I don't shit on soccer, aside from it being a badly designed sport with overrated athletes compared to other big sports. You think baseball is easy because you don't get tired or whatever, but it would be funny to see you flail with retard looking swings at 50mph pitches, throw the ball straight into the dirt, and take a ball to the face trying to a catch a fly. I get you're talking just about athletic demands and not skill, but you lack the natural upper body athleticism to throw a ball +70mph.

So we both equally look like shit on the athletic front (though, I could train my stamina up. Arm strength is pretty much an innate trait).

Your problem is thinking running demands the same level of leg strength than soccer. Besides running, in soccer you have all these constant stops and goes, turns, dives, hits, power efforts to hit the ball, etc. There's not a single game where you won't feel, at some point, weak at the legs. And having, not only to stay on your feet, but keep fighting to gain possession, control a ball, hit or pass a ball. That's why runners' legs look like chicken feet while soccer players lower body muscle ratio according to the rest of their body is substantially bigger than most other athletes.

And even being prepared for this kind of toll all their lives, professional soccer players still can't consistently play more than 1 game per week, because if not, they would all start to break down. That's the ultimate prove of the physical demands of a sport, tbh: the amount of time you have to let pass before doing it again. That's why soccer and the NFL are played once a week, that's why a boxer can only fight once every 3 or 4 months, and that's why baseball can be played virtually everyday.

midnightpulp
04-30-2019, 01:06 AM
Your problem is thinking running demands the same level of leg strength than soccer. Besides running, in soccer you have all these constant stops and goes, turns, dives, hits, power efforts to hit the ball, etc. There's not a single game where you won't feel, at some point, weak at the legs. And having, not only to stay on your feet, but keep fighting to gain possession, control a ball, hit or pass a ball. That's why runners' legs look like chicken feet while soccer players lower body muscle ratio according to the rest of their body is substantially bigger than most other athletes.

And even being prepared for this kind of toll all their lives, professional soccer players still can't consistently play more than 1 game per week, because if not, they would all start to break down. That's the ultimate prove of the physical demands of a sport, tbh: the amount of time you have to let pass before doing it again. That's why soccer and the NFL are played once a week, that's why a boxer can only fight once every 3 or 4 months, and that's why baseball can be played virtually everyday.

You said I couldn't handle two minutes of soccer without throwing up. I assure I can. I could more than handle a full soccer game when I was younger. The type of training and conditioning you do for football, basketball, and baseball can handle anything soccer can throw at it. Could I handle it as well as a dedicated soccer player? Of course not, since their training regimen is centered around their sport, but I wouldn't be throwing up at the end of the match or thinking the endurance demands were something I've never seen before. On the skill side of things it's obviously a different story.

My problem with the physical demand argument is that it's a one dimensional way to evaluate a sport's overall demands. I don't care if I was more tired playing basketball after baseball, baseball is considerably more difficult (and this isn't tied to my own inadequacies, there's a reason NCAA draft picks are ready for an NBA squad at 19 and probably would be at 17 if the NBA allowed it. Most MLB draft picks never get an AB in the Majors. About 50% of first rounders don't make it). And you guys are using the physical demand logic to trash sports and the athletes in those sports (from baseball to golf to billiards and cricket if we discussed those). "They don't run around! Not real athletes! They're not playing a real sport!"

Yes, it irks me to shit on a sport and its athletes in an insulting way such as that, especially when so many facts fly in the face of these "fatball" etc arguments. And the arguments are biased. References to Bartolo abound, but none of the soccer crew knows there's an NHL player who couldn't do one pullup and only 1 rep of 160lb on the bench press, while weighing 200lb. That is a terrible "pure athlete" by any standards. And the NHL has a few more of these types. Every sport does.

Find baseball boring to your heart's content, but that doesn't mean the overall athleticism required to play baseball is less than it is to play soccer, basketball, football.

midnightpulp
04-30-2019, 01:34 AM
That's the ultimate prove of the physical demands of a sport, tbh: the amount of time you have to let pass before doing it again. That's why soccer and the NFL are played once a week, that's why a boxer can only fight once every 3 or 4 months, and that's why baseball can be played virtually everyday.

More on this point. I could take a different line and say the ultimate proof of a sport's demands are its fine motor skill and coordination demands under duress. If you made baseball players run around for a couple miles before an at bat, they would assuredly strikeout every time, since to maintain the very fine motor control in order to hit a baseball well would be virtually impossible to do with all the adrenalin running through your body as you heavily breathe. Baseball, golf, etc wouldn't function well as "running around sports." The mechanical demands are too great to do under high adrenalin conditions. There's a reason tennis isn't played with baseball bats.

Basic point is different sports need different conditions to create a "good game."

DAF86
04-30-2019, 01:02 PM
You said I couldn't handle two minutes of soccer without throwing up. I assure I can. I could more than handle a full soccer game when I was younger. The type of training and conditioning you do for football, basketball, and baseball can handle anything soccer can throw at it. Could I handle it as well as a dedicated soccer player? Of course not, since their training regimen is centered around their sport, but I wouldn't be throwing up at the end of the match or thinking the endurance demands were something I've never seen before. On the skill side of things it's obviously a different story.

I have played organized soccer since age 5, I even got to the semi-professional level. I'm still in pretty good shape but, no matter any of that, when I play soccer with my friends, I'm sucking for air through my mouth within the first 5 minutes of the game (this, of course, playing like you are suppossed to play soccer, being in constant motion and never standing still).

So, no son. I don't care how much training on football, basketball or baseball you have, I know for a fact you wouldn't be able to endurance a full soccer game played at a semi-serious level. I play basketball too, and it's not even half as demanding as soccer.

My problem with the physical demand argument is that it's a one dimensional way to evaluate a sport's overall demands. I don't care if I was more tired playing basketball after baseball, baseball is considerably more difficult (and this isn't tied to my own inadequacies, there's a reason NCAA draft picks are ready for an NBA squad at 19 and probably would be at 17 if the NBA allowed it. Most MLB draft picks never get an AB in the Majors. About 50% of first rounders don't make it). And you guys are using the physical demand logic to trash sports and the athletes in those sports (from baseball to golf to billiards and cricket if we discussed those). "They don't run around! Not real athletes! They're not playing a real sport!"

Well, we are arguing physical demands here, not another thing. I'm sure I have more chances of getting a fly ball in baseball that beating a professional player on chess, but that's a different argument, tbh.

Yes, it irks me to shit on a sport and its athletes in an insulting way such as that, especially when so many facts fly in the face of these "fatball" etc arguments. And the arguments are biased. References to Bartolo abound, but none of the soccer crew knows there's an NHL player who couldn't do one pullup and only 1 rep of 160lb on the bench press, while weighing 200lb. That is a terrible "pure athlete" by any standards. And the NHL has a few more of these types. Every sport does.

Find baseball boring to your heart's content, but that doesn't mean the overall athleticism required to play baseball is less than it is to play soccer, basketball, football.

But it does, son. It's just the way it is. There's not a single person in the World, other than you, that I know that argues this fact. You can find many other arguments to defend baseball but, no, you want to have it all; and sorry son, but you can't have it all. Baseball is less physically demanding than most other sports, this is just a well known fact shared by everybody.

midnightpulp
04-30-2019, 04:40 PM
I have played organized soccer since age 5, I even got to the semi-professional level. I'm still in pretty good shape but, no matter any of that, when I play soccer with my friends, I'm sucking for air through my mouth within the first 5 minutes of the game (this, of course, playing like you are suppossed to play soccer, being in constant motion and never standing still).

So, no son. I don't care how much training on football, basketball or baseball you have, I know for a fact you wouldn't be able to endurance a full soccer game played at a semi-serious level. I play basketball too, and it's not even half as demanding as soccer.

The training to get in shape for basketball, football, and yes, baseball is more demanding than in game conditions of soccer. You're only considering in game conditions themselves. Jerry Rice would do 2 miles of up hill sprints daily in the off-season.

Rice would run insane distances uphill—2˝ miles nonstop—each and every day during the off-season.

"Non-stop." That is a greater workout than 7 miles over 2 hours, there's no way around that.

Well, we are arguing physical demands here, not another thing. I'm sure I have more chances of getting a fly ball in baseball that beating a professional player on chess, but that's a different argument, tbh.

You are completely reducing physical demands down to how tired, sore, etc you get. Baseball is a sport where every player but the DH needs to have, at minimum, arm strength to throw 80 mph accurately (sure, some of us might touch 80 mph with a full run up and indiscriminately throwing as hard as we can). Not many people can throw 80 mph. That's a physical demand the overwhelming majority of the population can't meet.

You don't have to throw a strike. Just get it somewhere within the machine's wide measurement area, faster than 78 mph.
Know how many tickets the Miracle have given away? None. Nada. Zilch.

As of this Saturday, 160 people had tried and only one fan came close at 77 mph. The rest left with a 45 mph fastball, a sore elbow, and a conviction that the radar gun must be defective.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2012/04/30/think-you-can-top-49-year-old-jamie-moyers-78-mph-fastball-think-again/#286c48c32df5

You're also not considering pitchers in the argument. 5 days rest is a guideline. "Physical demand" comes in more flavors than just exertion, from fine motor skill control to vertical leap (i.e. full squad indoor volleyball isn't tiring at all, but it's physically demanding because you need a great vertical to play it well. I rag on Ronado's 29" vert, which we perceive as low since we're conditioned by the great verts of NBA players, but not many people have verts over 2 feet, even great athletes) to endurance. I would consider golf as "physical demanding" as an "athletic" sport because of how demanding it is on your fine motor control skills.

But it does, son. It's just the way it is. There's not a single person in the World, other than you, that I know that argues this fact. You can find many other arguments to defend baseball but, no, you want to have it all; and sorry son, but you can't have it all. Baseball is less physically demanding than most other sports, this is just a well known fact shared by everybody.

A sports scientist probably would not share that fact with everybody. That fact is shared by everybody because they're only looking at physical demand through a myopic lens, i.e. the more tired you get, the more physically demanding it is. I try to look at the total picture of physical demand. Yeah, you don't get tired playing golf in the same way you do playing rugby. Know why that it is? The requirement of fine motor skill control is so great, it'd be nigh-impossible to play decent golf if you were "sucking wind." How is a sport that requires movement that precise not "physically demanding?" Like I said, all sports have built themselves around a certain level of expected fatigue. A sport that would fatigue its players to the point of incompetence would be a shitty sport. MLB hitters get on base only 33 percent of the time as it is. Now imagine how that number would plummet if they had to bat while "sucking wind"?

And yes, the overall athletic requirements to play baseball are the same as any other sport.

Average MLB vertical jump is 28". Same as in the NBA. Vertical and general leaping ability is just as important in baseball as any other sport for the purpose of robbing hits. Lateral jumping (i.e. diving) is more important in baseball than in basketball, since the former never requires it aside from the once in a season diving in the stands to save a loose ball.

Acceleration. Just as important as any other sport.

Lateral quickness. Basketball wins here, but you do need quick side step acceleration to get a jump on hits and break on basehits while base running. For context, P3 is one of the most forward thinking training facilities in the world. They work with countless athletes from all the major leagues. On their lateral acceleration tests, MLB players average 9.6 KG of force. Zach Lavine's (one of the greatest jumpers in the league) is 10.5KG, which is in the 88th percentile of all NBA players.

Core strength. Equally important. In baseball for hitting and throwing, in basketball for absorbing contact and getting your shot off through contact.

Arm strength. Important in both (basketball for shooting and passing), but obviously more important in baseball.

Stamina/Endurance. Throwing 100 pitches is just as tasking as playing a basketball game. I would rather do the latter any day of the week. But yes, pitchers are specialized, and baseball position players don't have to endure fatigue on that level, but you still need stamina so you can max out your swings at the plate. Some abs will require 5 to 10 swings.

Hand-eye coordination. Where basketball beats baseball in general on the stamina side, baseball beats basketball in this area.

Basically, end of the day, each sport requires a world class all around athlete to play at the highest levels. The cherry picking of Bartolo (who actually has reached 16mph baserunning, slowest EPL player was around 17mph) and a few other fat players who get by on skill and experience doesn't change that fact. I can pick shit (or shit looking) athletes from every sport. Tom Brady has basically lost all of his athleticism. His arm strength is gone. He has a dad bod. Can't run. Yet will still be an MVP candidate next season, because he knows the fuckin' sport so well.

pad300
05-01-2019, 10:32 AM
As a note to assorted arguments. Actual walking speed < 5 MpH. Typical is 3.5 MpH (3-4 MpH). Actual jogging speed 4.75 MpH (4-5.5 MpH)

https://www.yogawiz.com/blog/walking/normal-walking-speed.html.
"According to the National Council on Strength and Fitness, the average human can run at the speed of 15 miles per hour for short periods of time. "

https://www.reference.com/health/average-human-running-speed-7f0ef0953669fa1

pad300
05-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Please cease and desist with comparing track speeds (combine 40 M timess) to in-game speeds (measured world cup speeds). The situations are totally different. One is on a track with a singular focus, and rest beforehand. The other is on a field, in mid game, with other players, and mental load. If you don't think mental load counts, try the following experiment: Run a 40m dash. Rest. Run a 40m dash while trying to solve one of those "skill testing questions" you get in restaurant giveaways before the finish line...

Chucho
05-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Soccer is one of the least skilled sports out there.

Fishing, golf, hunting, tennis, golf, horseshoes, pool (both billiards and swimming), baseball and many others take more skill, training and technique than povertyball.

Any kid can play soccer. Kicking and running are the most basic of athletic skills.

DAF86
05-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Soccer is one of the least skilled sports out there.

Fishing, golf, hunting, tennis, golf, horseshoes, pool (both billiards and swimming), baseball and many others take more skill, training and technique than povertyball.

Any kid can play soccer. Kicking and running are the most basic of athletic skills.

You know how I can tell you've never played soccer? :lol

Chucho
05-01-2019, 12:09 PM
You know how I can tell you've never played soccer? :lol

Simple. Because you think I haven't.

DAF86
05-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Simple. Because you think I haven't.

No, because anybody, that actually played it, knows the incredible level of skill required to do the things you need to do in a football pitch to not completely suck.

Chucho
05-01-2019, 12:48 PM
No, because anybody, that actually played it, knows the incredible level of skill required to do the things you need to do in a football pitch to not completely suck.

I can tell you tried really, really hard.

DAF86
05-01-2019, 01:00 PM
I can tell you tried really, really hard.

a5Uxg5LlNZQ

At the idea of you solely trying to walk with a ball in your feet, let alone doing any of that in the video. :lol

The average Stater can't even hit a ball without looking like a complete retard but then they try to say that playing soccer is easy. :lol

SnGauxFbGbE

Jodelo
05-01-2019, 02:17 PM
:lmaoThinking Football (the real one, not the one with an egg) is least skilled. :lmao

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Please cease and desist with comparing track speeds (combine 40 M timess) to in-game speeds (measured world cup speeds). The situations are totally different. One is on a track with a singular focus, and rest beforehand. The other is on a field, in mid game, with other players, and mental load. If you don't think mental load counts, try the following experiment: Run a 40m dash. Rest. Run a 40m dash while trying to solve one of those "skill testing questions" you get in restaurant giveaways before the finish line...

I'm not comparing in game soccer speed with 40 yard dash times. I either compare in game soccer vs in game in other sports or use Ronaldo's lab tested measurements that were done in combine conditions. Please cease and desist commenting until you've become familiar with the facts.

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 04:54 PM
:lmaoThinking Football (the real one, not the one with an egg) is least skilled. :lmao

Soccer is skilled, but our football is actually more real. Football was never a term used to describe a game where you only kick a ball with your feet.

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 05:00 PM
a5Uxg5LlNZQ

At the idea of you solely trying to walk with a ball in your feet, let alone doing any of that in the video. :lol

The average Stater can't even hit a ball without looking like a complete retard but then they try to say that playing soccer is easy. :lol

SnGauxFbGbE

See. It's pretty annoying when others insult a sport in a dismissive fashion. Him saying soccer takes no skill is similar to you and your crew saying any fatass can play baseball. Taking a cue, average Staters (some even world class athletes, can't even accurately throw a ball over 60 feet):

Voted GOAT athlete of the 20th century:

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/carllewis.gif?w=640
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/denardfirstpitch.gif
https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/john-wall-terrible-first-pitch-nationals-game-amazing-first-pitch-gifs.gif
https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/baba-booey-first-pitch-amazing-first-pitch-gifs.gif

vs.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/Andrelton-Simmons-Braves-Mets-throw-040914.gif

Threw basically sitting down :lol. For reference, that throw is from over half-a-football field away, 160ish feet.

pad300
05-01-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm not comparing in game soccer speed with 40 yard dash times. I either compare in game soccer vs in game in other sports or use Ronaldo's lab tested measurements that were done in combine conditions. Please cease and desist commenting until you've become familiar with the facts.

There a different midnightpulp around here?

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279074&p=9788642&viewfull=1#post9788642

The Portugal captain has officially recorded the fastest top speed at the World Cup this summer (34kmph). beating 735 players at the tournament in terms of raw pace.

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 06:49 PM
There a different midnightpulp around here?

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279074&p=9788642&viewfull=1#post9788642

I thought you were implying I was comparing Ronaldo's in game sprint speed with 40 yard or 60 yard times run on track surfaces in an ideal combine conditions, trying make Ronaldo "look bad." You run faster in an ideal conditions (no slippery grass, loose dirt, ideal start from a set position etc). So what's your point? I'm not being unfair to Ronaldo comparing his lab time with MLB players in game times. The comparison is actually more unfair to MLB players :lol. I know it's a tough pill to swallow that soccer's all-time greatest athlete would only be a middling speedster in the MLB, but facts are facts.

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 06:56 PM

As you admitted. You run faster in combine conditions, so again, the comparison is more than fair to soccer's greatest athlete in evaluating his speed vs. "fatball" players. On a side note, here's a fatball player running 90 feet in game, on loose dirt, in 3.58 seconds (Remember: Ronaldo, 3.61 seconds over 82 feet):

https://www.mlb.com/video/statcast-freeland-s-bunt-single?t=statcast

pad300
05-01-2019, 07:00 PM
I thought you were implying I was comparing Ronaldo's in game sprint speed with 40 yard or 60 yard times run on track surfaces in an ideal combine conditions, trying make Ronaldo "look bad." You run faster in an ideal conditions (no slippery grass, loose dirt, ideal start from a set position etc). So what's your point? I'm not being unfair to Ronaldo comparing his lab time with MLB players in game times. The comparison is actually more unfair to MLB players :lol. I know it's a tough pill to swallow that soccer's all-time greatest athlete would only be a middling speedster in the MLB, but facts are facts.

Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to write, but 34 km/h = 30.98 ft/s . 82/30.98 = 2.65 s which you're comparing to some baseball guy at the combine running a 3.62 40m dash? Your "fatball" sprint speed list, it is times from the MLB combine, right. Whereas Ronaldo's 34 km/h is from an actual world cup game...

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to write, but 34 km/h = 30.98 ft/s . 82/30.98 = 2.65 s which you're comparing to some baseball guy at the combine running a 3.62 40m dash? Your "fatball" sprint speed list, it is times from the MLB combine, right. Whereas Ronaldo's 34 km/h is from an actual world cup game...

No, you're not. And for all the assumed authority you entered the thread with, it doesn't seem like you understand what you're talking about. You can't compare feet per second coverage from an 80 yard sprint to an 82 foot dash from a set position. It takes a runner about 70 yards to reach top speed, and you're using that top speed as if he ran it over the entire distance. You obviously don't fly out of the gate at your top speed. Here's Ronaldo running his 82 foot dash:

Skip to 4:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=525&v=4achmhzLNoY

No, my sprint speed leaderboard is from in game baserunning averages (meaning these aren't even a player's fastest times) over 10 to 90 foot splits.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/running_splits

The comparison is good because when you run the bases out of the batter's box or from a stolen base/standing on base, you begin from a set position not too dissimilar when you're sprinting from a set position.

midnightpulp
05-01-2019, 07:38 PM
^and in case you missed the edit, I mean 82 feet, not yards.