PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth giving up the Raptors pick to trade Mills?

Kobe'sAchilles
04-27-2019, 10:51 PM
Next year we will have too many guards on our roster and Mills will just continue to be in the way of their development. Patty is the new Matt Bonner, a great teammate and great guy who has no game. It's in the best interest of the franchise going forward that in (I believe) Pop's last year that he passes all the corporate knowledge into the youth. They need the experience and the playing time and development.

We also run the risk of having too many young players. Realistically, we can't have a team full of 19-22 year olds and expect to contend either so giving up the 29th pick may not be that bad a thing.

Degoat
04-27-2019, 10:52 PM
I don’t think so, pop just needs to not fucking play him lol

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Why would Pop trade Mills?

RC_Drunkford
04-27-2019, 10:55 PM
It's even worth giving up the Spurs pick if you can sign a significant free agent instead

DPG21920
04-27-2019, 10:57 PM

For cap space and to open minutes for Lonnie Murray. Can’t pay 3rd PG 13M

ducks
04-27-2019, 11:03 PM

He is short can not make him taller

ducks
04-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Maybe Denver turn to blow 17 point lead and lose ?
One can hope

Leetonidas
04-27-2019, 11:07 PM
Depends on the return. For an average SF? Yes

spurs1990
04-27-2019, 11:09 PM
Mason Plumlee, Malik Beasley, Craig. Three guys the Spurs should pursue

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2019, 11:21 PM

I'd be shocked if Patty gets traded this off-season..

Pop has played him in all key moments of this series and he has the longest leash of any player on the team..I can't imagine going from that to getting traded in just a few months..

You saw the difference with Danny Green, where Pop benched him, started playing him less, trade rumors, etc..

$pursDynasty
04-27-2019, 11:45 PM
No one wants him gone more than I BUT why give up anything, I would prefer we keep the draft pick and move Patty after Metu in the rotation. The world's most expensive towel waver ever until it is easier to move him after next year.

TimDunkem
04-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Doesn't matter how shitty he is, or how much he makes. Pop loves him and needs at least one holdover from 2014. Towel waver is the new security blanket for Gregg Poop.

TheGreatYacht
04-27-2019, 11:49 PM
Lol

Crater face wouldn't trade Wombat for a first round pick much less package a first to trade him.

Mugen
04-27-2019, 11:54 PM
It'd be worth the 20th pick to get away from Mills...

But it'll never happen, Patty has cultured his way into never getting moved from this team...

Mugen
04-27-2019, 11:56 PM

:lmao Deeps, did we just watch the same game? Patty has absolutely been atrocious the entire series and Pop literally went with him the entire 4th quarter because Derrick had a bad 3rd quarter.....

Patty will go when he says he wants to go. PATFO got no say in it.

SouthTexasRancher
04-27-2019, 11:56 PM
Definitely I would use Patty in any trade scenario that would make us better. Trouble is nobody is going to take Patty and wacko Pop won't let his adopted son leave the nest. This is just a bad team with a coach past his time. Pop is a very angry man. Something is definitely wrong with him. When we get home from the game I always check the DVR to see how Pop conducted his press conference. As always it is shitty with Pop acting like a little pouting 4 year old. The guy has by far, the worst personality of any coach in the NBA. Without Tim, Tony, Manu, David and Bruce, Pop wouldn't be shit. He and dipshit Jackson are/were the two luckiest coaches in NBA history. Give me Michael, Scottie, Kobe and Shaq and I'll win an NBA Championship.

DPG21920
04-28-2019, 12:28 AM
I'd be shocked if Patty gets traded this off-season..

Pop has played him in all key moments of this series and he has the longest leash of any player on the team..I can't imagine going from that to getting traded in just a few months..

You saw the difference with Danny Green, where Pop benched him, started playing him less, trade rumors, etc..

I’m not saying it’s likely :lol. Saying there are reasons. If SA is really trying to go for it and mle money isn’t enough moving Mills gets them in control of the possibility of cap space

Mugen
04-28-2019, 12:31 AM
I’m not saying it’s likely :lol. Saying there are reasons. If SA is really trying to go for it and mle money isn’t enough moving Mills gets them in control of the possibility of cap space

There's literally zero evidence of them going for it tbh....they're content with having a 5-8 seed for Pop's farewell tour (hoping this was the end of it tbh).