PDA

View Full Version : Are you a fan of LaMarcus Aldridge?

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2019, 11:46 PM
How do Spurs fans feel about him following his 4th season with the team?

Blackjack
04-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Nope.

DAF86
04-27-2019, 11:48 PM
I can't wait for the homers to bump the "Aldridge ball isn't winning ball" next regular season, tbh.

Play Boban
04-27-2019, 11:48 PM
How could anyone be a fan of his?

TimDunkem
04-27-2019, 11:49 PM
How could anyone be a fan of his?

Because he showed soooo much heart "carrying the team" last year to a average record and first round exit. He's a god to the fluffers now.

cd021
04-27-2019, 11:51 PM
He was great, tbh. Spurs wouldn't have made the playoffs without him dragging this team per par.

timtonymanu
04-27-2019, 11:51 PM
He was much better suited as a #2 following Nephew. I think he's a better player on the Spurs than DeRozan. But at the end of the day, Lamarcus is a small time player. He's here to collect paychecks and shouldn't be expected to lead this team to anything so as long as he's a top 2 option on the team, the ceiling for us is low.

DAF always said Aldridge ball isn't winning ball and it still isn't. I don't hate Lamarcus as much as some of the other current Spurs but I was never a fan of his and would be fine if he left or got traded.

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2019, 11:52 PM
Positive:

- Rare major free agent that signed with the Spurs
- Carried a bad supporting cast to the playoffs in 2018 and was huge in 2019
- Improved his defense and all-around game with the Spurs

Negative:

- Asked for a trade after the Spurs reached the WCFs
- Has only really shown up in 1 critical playoff game since joining the team IIRC
- Unattractive style of basketball

Nathan89
04-27-2019, 11:53 PM
Not a big fan of anyone on the team tbh.

Joseph Kony
04-27-2019, 11:54 PM
he's a solid regular season player but he is soft as fuck when it matters and is not suited to being a #1 but refuses to accept a sidekick role. so no, fuck LA

Bonner
04-27-2019, 11:54 PM
Hope he leaves for Lollard.

marinoman
04-27-2019, 11:57 PM
This team can’t handle things when he’s doubled, Jacob can’t shoot and not only can derozan not shoot 3s but he can’t shoot without dribbling. This is so flawed. I’m borderline with him

K...
Not a big fan of anyone on the team tbh.

Honestly fuk this attitude, to root for "likeable" golden st

Genovaswitness
POS bitched about his touches when he was on a 67 win team. all you need to know. loser cuckold mentality

sasaint
Signing such a low IQ player to begin with was the first nail in the Spurs' coffin.

212094ever
04-27-2019, 11:58 PM
He makes it really hard to root for him tbh

TimDunkem
04-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Honestly fuk this attitude, to root for "likeable" golden st

We have approximately 3 legitimately exciting players and one is injured while one doesn't get PT. Relax. You can still roor for the team while not being big fans over the snoozers on the roster.

MannyIsGod
04-27-2019, 11:59 PM
I don't know man. I think he fought tonight and I thought his defense down the stretch was a huge part of why they came back. I thought he had a great year and I think he's actually underrated by Spurs fans. I don't think he'll ever be a championship #1, but as a #2 I think he's a pretty good option.

But holy shit, the lack of basketball IQ he showed in that last 30 seconds is insane. That's the kind of thing that really makes me question you as a player. It was a JR Smith level of stupid.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter because I don't see any possible trade with him that makes the Spurs better.

$pursDynasty
04-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Fan compared to what? To the Big 3? Hell NO! To DePression and the Wombat? Give me my pom poms now :clap:cheer

TimDunkem
04-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Also, OP, fuck no. Unless your MJ, I don't want to see turnaround fadeaway 2s from behind the backboard. Shit will NEVER win a title...And he's a big man too. :lmao

gameFACE
04-28-2019, 12:01 AM
I can appreciate that he’s here filling the void Duncan left behind. No one is going to fill those shoes, of course. You can’t be disappointed in LA because you know what he is. To expect something at a championship level is unrealistic.

timtonymanu
:lol Spurs fans that want to hang his jersey up on the rafters

tim_duncan_fan
He's a waste of a big, strong, tall body type. The fucking imbecile was born in that body and just wants to shoot jumpers.

TimDunkem
04-28-2019, 12:02 AM
I don't know man. I think he fought tonight and I thought his defense down the stretch was a huge part of why they came back. I thought he had a great year and I think he's actually underrated by Spurs fans. I don't think he'll ever be a championship #1, but as a #2 I think he's a pretty good option.

But holy shit, the lack of basketball IQ he showed in that last 30 seconds is insane. That's the kind of thing that really makes me question you as a player. It was a JR Smith level of stupid.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter because I don't see any possible trade with him that makes the Spurs better.

Imo, you can't be a good #2 if you can't even be trusted to play basketball intelligently in the closing minutes of a game 7.

SouthTexasRancher
04-28-2019, 12:04 AM
Nope! LMA will never win a ring. DeMar won't either. LMA will be gone before the start of next season. We have become mediocre at best. We HAVE to get athletic. Especially need a really athletic, long, who plays intense defense and can shoot the 3 as well as slash to the basket.

Spurminator
04-28-2019, 12:04 AM
He's a really good player who's likely not good enough to be the best player on a Championship-winning team.

Welcome to where 80% of NBA fans have been for every season the last 20 years.

DAF86
04-28-2019, 12:07 AM

A man that refuses to be a #2 option can't never be a good #2 option. That's why he will never win a championship. That's why he will never be winning ball.

fusionjazzman72
04-28-2019, 12:07 AM
The minute he wanted Bruces retired number, I knew this guys was a self inflated egomaniac

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 12:10 AM
He just has no real fight in him and it's frustrating. I do like him but he's no #1 to lead us anywhere. No balls in the big moments.

$pursDynasty
04-28-2019, 12:17 AM
He was much better suited as a #2 following Nephew. I think he's a better player on the Spurs than DeRozan. But at the end of the day, Lamarcus is a small time player. He's here to collect paychecks and shouldn't be expected to lead this team to anything so as long as he's a top 2 option on the team, the ceiling for us is low.

DAF always said Aldridge ball isn't winning ball and it still isn't. I don't hate Lamarcus as much as some of the other current Spurs but I was never a fan of his and would be fine if he left or got traded.
the inconvenient truth is this if not for Zaza, this would have worked out perfectly. The nephew and LMA had the correct personality types, LMA gets his touches early Kiwi is the finisher down the stretch. Imagine the roster, Dijon, White, Lonnie, LMA, Rudy, Verde, Forbes, Davis, Metu. That team would be the #2 seed in the West, a threat to the Dubs. This team would have been defensively fierce with enough scorers and shooters. Yeah we wouldn't have Poetl but maybe we get DeMo earlier.

ElNono
04-28-2019, 12:21 AM
I don’t hate him either, tbh, he is who he is, tbh.

I agree he would be a great #2, but he’s not selfless to play that role. He wants his touches. Again, guys with that kind of entitlement are dime a dozen in this league, you can’t hate that, but is it the #1 you want on your team?