PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Spurs Appreciation Thead

SayTown
04-27-2019, 11:48 PM
They tried hard and battled but they were over matched. Overall they did decent given all the circumstances of this year.

Mugen
04-27-2019, 11:51 PM
:lmao This was easily one of my least liked Spurs teams of all time tbh....

They had two multi-time all stars, countless opportunities including tonight, and they shit the bed each and everytime or didn't start caring until it was already over....

The only good thing about the season was Derrick and he ended up shitting the bed hard after the Nuggets adjusted to him...

timtonymanu
04-27-2019, 11:52 PM

They had two multi-time all stars, countless opportunities including tonight, and they shit the bed each and everytime or didn't start caring until it was already over....

The only good thing about the season was Derrick and he ended up shitting the bed hard after the Nuggets adjusted to him...

Immortal Spur
04-27-2019, 11:53 PM
Go Spurs Go :cry

SayTown
04-27-2019, 11:58 PM
Yes they had two all stars but the rest of the team is trash besides Derrick.

K...
04-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Very nice season, I just wish they ran Lonnie more. Good bye to cun and pon and make rudy

TheRemix
04-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Most unlikeable spurs team

mexicanjunior
04-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Wasted year...should have tanked...this roster deserves nothing but boos...

Kori Ellis
04-28-2019, 12:09 AM
I didn't like this Spurs team at all. All year long, I kept saying to timvp that they were just horrible and I didn't enjoy watching them.

That being said, White has a great future. Even though I think he's a little fragile, and obviously doesn't know how to adjust his game yet when defenses adjust on him. It will be interesting to see the team with both White and Murray healthy next year.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Forbes in the playoffs. I know, I know ... you guys hate him. :rolleyes But, he actually showed up for the playoffs. He didn't wilt. And that's admirable.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 12:48 AM

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 12:56 AM
I didn't like this Spurs team at all. All year long, I kept saying to timvp that they were just horrible and I didn't enjoy watching them.

That being said, White has a great future. Even though I think he's a little fragile, and obviously doesn't know how to adjust his game yet when defenses adjust on him. It will be interesting to see the team with both White and Murray healthy next year.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Forbes in the playoffs. I know, I know ... you guys hate him. :rolleyes But, he actually showed up for the playoffs. He didn't wilt. And that's admirable.

Ditto about White. It was nice seeing him play well, when he did.

Forbes earned his money, and did more than ever should have been expected of him.

It was good to see Poeltl playing well.

I agree about the team overall. They were never much fun to watch.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 12:57 AM
They tried hard and battled but they were over matched. Overall they did decent given all the circumstances of this year.

you must've not seen Manu play when you think that that shit tonight was "trying hard"

Kori Ellis
04-28-2019, 12:58 AM
Ditto about White. It was nice seeing him play well, when he did.

Forbes earned his money, and did more than ever should have been expected of him.

It was good to see Poeltl playing well.

I agree about the team overall. They were never much fun to watch.

Oh, I forgot about Poeltl. He was a bright spot too.

Now, if they can just get rid of LMA, DDR, Patty and Bellinelli, the team might be fun to watch. :lol

DAF86
04-28-2019, 01:07 AM

It's not about Denver "adjusting" to White. White just isn't a spot up player. He isn't a good enough Shooter to be that. He's a pretty damn good playmaker though. If we could get rid of no-future having DeMar DeRozan and see what we have in White as a premier ball-handler, we would have a succesfull off season. Of course it isn't going to happen.

Kori Ellis
04-28-2019, 01:08 AM
If we could get rid of no-future having DeMar DeRozan and see what we have in White as a premier ball-handler, we would have a succesfull off season. Of course it isn't going to happen.

Agreed.

DPG21920
04-28-2019, 01:12 AM
Results wise it was a success. But PATFO had a built in excuse with Kawhi. Now? They don’t have the “we were on our heels” excuse. They had a year to evaluate and plan. They need to do work this off season. They have picks. They know who they have in LMA & Derozan. Time to plan.

While the overall results were a success this team has insanely low lows. By far the most low floor team in 20 years for SA.

Hoops Czar
04-28-2019, 01:16 AM
It's not about Denver "adjusting" to White. White just isn't a spot up player. He isn't a good enough Shooter to be that. He's a pretty damn good playmaker though. If we could get rid of no-future having DeMar DeRozan and see what we have in White as a premier ball-handler, we would have a succesfull off season. Of course it isn't going to happen.

DeRozan will at worst see out his contract with the Spurs. There's zero chance Pop would trade the franchise away and then follow it up by trading away his return asset the following season. It would be humiliating.

Darius Bieber
04-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Nothing to appreciate. Atleast if we tanked, we could be appreciating a lottery pick.

barakz21
04-28-2019, 05:25 AM
Not a whole lot to appreciate to be honest. That loss was exactly how the spurs season went. They make give you hope, only to let you down because of dumb shit. Also, fuck pop, fuck patty, fuck 50 million, fuck frogging patty, fuck patty and his coffee gang idea, fuck patty’s leadership.

Waiting to see who melts down after FO drafts another 6’1-6’5 player.

objective
04-28-2019, 06:05 AM
Awful season

Even setting aside the shame of not having the balls to stand up to Kawhi and taking a shit deal to 'compete' ...

I sports-hate more players on this team than any team in a long time.

Having to see the Mills-Forbes duo for so much at the beginning of the year, having to see the joke of Cunningham, having to see bum Pau on the roster and know his contract would eat up space next year, trash can Marco, depressed DeRozan, the Murray injury, knowing all along that Walker would get zero chance, Gay crumbling into a worse phase of his career, ...

Only Derek White surpassed expectations, but it was a hollow victory knowing that something would happen to screw it up with him.

Even when there were bad things going on, there were bright spots in the past that still outshone the bad. Now there's almost nothing, they're not even fun to watch. They'll compete long enough to not have a lottery pick until Murray Poeltl and White are on their second contracts and they won't have the luxury of cheap talent anymore.

That lower bowl will be even more barren next year, impossible as it may sound. Should be some real cheap prices if you guys want to see Mills and Marco in person.

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 06:31 AM
Spurs were still the team I liked the most. It couldn't have been all bad.

Andreas68
04-28-2019, 07:15 AM
Remember the begin of the season! A Rollercoaster with though 7 game first PO loss to the end!!! All in all,.....it was OK

RD2191
04-28-2019, 07:20 AM
Fuck this team, a bunch of scrubs led by losers like LMA, Demar, and Pop.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Results wise it was a success. But PATFO had a built in excuse with Kawhi. Now? They don’t have the “we were on our heels” excuse. They had a year to evaluate and plan. They need to do work this off season. They have picks. They know who they have in LMA & Derozan. Time to plan.

While the overall results were a success this team has insanely low lows. By far the most low floor team in 20 years for SA.

there is nothing to work on. They can sign 1-2 Players with the MLE and they won't even be top tier 3-and-D wings. They can draft well and fill the rest out with G-Leaguers/Minimum contracts. Then you can see the same team next year

sammy
04-28-2019, 08:20 AM
Proud of my Spurs! Disappointed yes I am! They were so close to get to next round! Hell they weren’t expected to get to the playoffs w/all of the injuries/changes! They need to upgrade the roster! For all of the haters hating on LMA/DDR & wanting them gone, ok who are we going to get? No one wants to come here you idiotic morons w/BS lies Kawhi spread about this organization you damn morons! Geez the stupidity of some! Faithless fans turning on their team! I bleed Silver & Black win or lose! They’re my team! We are nowhere w/o LMA you dumb morons!

venitian navigator
04-28-2019, 08:41 AM
I think that, considering the circumstances, we overachieved...despite the fact that we had a very good chance to pass the first (and second) round.
That said, the game we played has not been brilliant at all and, as of now, we are in the weird situation of a team "in the middle" (with, for sure, quite no chance at achieving elite talent level, via draft or free agency).

Frankly, the most disturbing thing all along this season, has been the lack of enthusiasm of everybody...but there were many reasons for that.

The point is if we have the assets to improve...I really like our young guns but the fact is that they are still a long way to go to become something near a star and our three main weapons (as of now DDR, LMA and Rudy) are all near or well over 30 years old and of the three only the oldest has shown some real appreciation for our environment...

Russ
04-28-2019, 08:46 AM
All you folks who think the Spurs will trade Forbes to move up a couple spots in the draft are gonna be sorely disappointed. . .

Spurs oman
04-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Yup a Seoson is gone with its ups and downs.
Will trust the organization to fix /improve the team
And come stronger next year

Good thread ...it has always been great to spurs fan ...Thank you San antonio

John B
04-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Yes they had two all stars but the rest of the team is trash besides Derrick.
Clips don’t even have a star and had a good run with Dubs. I normally side on Pop. Except last night was terrible in all facet of the game, preparation, pushing buttons, substitution, calling time outs, etc

wildbill2u
04-29-2019, 10:30 AM
They wound up exactly where I predicted--a seven or eighth seed in the West with a very slim chance of advancing to the second round. All in all, they were a frustrating but fun team to watch. They could rise to the occasion when playing the best in the league but play badly against teams they should beat.

I believe they discovered two good (not great) players in Poertl and White. Both have some distance to their ceilings and will be regulars in the rotation. Who would have predicted their development into starters at the beginning of the year. They represent a positive note for the year and for years to come.

I suspect we are all disappointed that Walker didn't get more time, but you make the choice to make the playoffs by winning or develop another raw youngster and take a chance on losing the playoffs. It was a close thing to make the playoffs up to the last week of games, but we made it for a record-tying consecutive run.

If you simply like to watch a team grow and learn to play winning basketball, this was an entertaining season with some bright highlights. It proved that we don't have a go-to guy in Derozen, LMA or anyone else. For the forseeable future, without a Super Star, the Spurs will have to play the beautiful game on offense and depend on defense. If every player understands this and appreciates his role, and Murray and White prove to be rotational assets, the next year could be even more successful and entertaining. I'm looking forward to the draft and next year.

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 10:44 AM
For me it was not necessarily a fun year. I was ready for “life without DPG growing pains” but the lows were so insanely low it did not make for a fun season.

I mean, I appreciated the season and the ride was entertaining enough, but both the brand of basketball played (poor defense, really good offense statistically but without the eye test passing) and the severe up and downs made it tough.

I watch a lot of basketball and I know its not just the Spurs; look at OKC with 2 legit MVP candidates and where they finished and how they went through similar highs and lows. I understand this is the new norm unless you have a GS-type team or a true MVP (Greak Freak, Harden, Kawhi, etc...) but SA not having a bankable defense was really frustrating.

Its two sides of the same coin having a bad defense or a bad offense, but I think we see that defense is still key; especially when you are relying offensively on players like LMA/DeRozan who can definitely go cold due to their style of play.

I think the youth was exciting and will be even more with Murray/Lonnie in the fold. I cannot wait to see White/Murray/Lonnie/Jakob together and Im salivating for how high of a defensive ceiling that team has when healthy and adjusted.

There will be offensive questions, but I trust Pop to figure that out and the focus should be getting the defense back.

Robz4000
04-29-2019, 10:55 AM