PDA

View Full Version : SMH What Pop just said...

Spurtacular
04-27-2019, 11:49 PM
He wants to get a glass of wine and watch the first half on TV.

I know it was a poor attempt at a joke, but that's where the f his mind is at.

He's apparently happy to get on with his summer vacation.

Play Boban
04-27-2019, 11:53 PM

Yeah, I heard that too. Disgusting.

Dennis the Menace
04-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Pop belongs in either rehab or a retirement home. Not on the sidelines with a clipboard

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 12:01 AM
I wish he'd said, watch next season on tv.

baseline bum
04-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Was he supposed to go tackle Jokic himself with 27 seconds left?

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 12:05 AM

I think he's just an egotistical fuck who says shit like that on purpose to troll

sasaint
04-28-2019, 12:07 AM
Pop is coming back. Dagnabbit!

TimDunkem
04-28-2019, 12:07 AM
Lost the fire after he won in 14.

Lost his mind for the game after Duncan and couldn't figure out how to adjust.

Lost his heart for it all after his wife passed.

He's just waiting for the Olympics to come and go at this point and it couldn't be more obvious.

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 12:08 AM
Pop belongs in either rehab or a retirement home. Not on the sidelines with a clipboard

I don't remember the last time I saw him with a clipboard, tbh.

TheRemix
04-28-2019, 12:08 AM

:pop:It's just basketball, get over yourself

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 12:09 AM

He didn't even call for a foul 'til 17 seconds.

:lol Ten seconds to process.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-28-2019, 12:09 AM
I would rather have him for another year than someone else

ducks
04-28-2019, 12:12 AM

White would have fouled he has a brain mills is a bench player

Xx_SpursNation_xX
04-28-2019, 12:12 AM
Once it's over he just let's it all go, he doesn't give a shit that were angry. He's a fucking millionaire and you're not.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 12:17 AM

Agree

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Pop probably guzzled a bottle at halftime

Raven
04-28-2019, 12:20 AM
i feel the same.. this was too dumb to analyse

jmard5
04-28-2019, 12:23 AM
I would rather have him for another year than someone else

This.

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 12:42 AM
Agree he lost the fire after '14. It's going to be telling if the Olympics team doesn't get gold.

jbspurs
04-28-2019, 01:19 AM
He didn't even call for a foul 'til 17 seconds.

:lol Ten seconds to process.

Yup! It was Becky who reminded him

Hoops Czar
04-28-2019, 01:20 AM
Pop is as funny as he is at X's and O's. He needs to find a new schtick.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Agree he lost the fire after '14. It's going to be telling if the Olympics team doesn't get gold.

I'll be :lmao

bayareaspursfan
04-28-2019, 01:34 AM
You losers.. give patty mills and Forbes to Steve Kerr or Bra Steven's and see where they can take this team. It's not pops fault nobody wanna come play in ghetto ass San antonio. All u idiots just whine and bitch.. seriously get a tampon.

BackHome
04-28-2019, 01:39 AM
The Sky Is Falling The SKY IS FALLING

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 02:32 AM
You losers.. give patty mills and Forbes to Steve Kerr or Bra Steven's ...

The thing is, other coaches would be smart enough not to assemble a roster like the Spurs this season.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 02:35 AM

No, he was supposed to have at least something resembling an offense in place, to start the game.

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2019, 02:38 AM
What do you want him to do or say instead? You expect him to cry?:lol

They won 48 games and took the 2 seed to a 7th game..Pop has accomplished everything you could possibly accomplish in this league, he's the best to ever do it + he's an old man now, he's not going to get stressed over losing a series they were expected to lose..

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 02:39 AM
Pop probably guzzled a bottle at halftime

Id probably die of alcohol poisoning if i was coaching this team too tbh

davidbowie
04-28-2019, 02:41 AM
we live in a racist country

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 02:41 AM
No, he was supposed to have at least something resembling an offense in place, to start the game.

Not gonna happen when you have a depressed individual shooting midrange bricks instead of attacking the basket

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 03:34 AM
I get mad at Pop for all his BS.

But in the same breath I say he's earned the right to coach the Spurs 'til he decides to hang up his clipboard.

That's the price of five rings, tbh.

jbspurs
04-28-2019, 03:47 AM
Not gonna happen when you have a depressed individual shooting midrange bricks instead of attacking the basket

He's unstoppable when going downhill at full speed and he settle's for mid jumpers.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 03:55 AM
I get mad at Pop for all his BS.

But in the same breath I say he's earned the right to coach the Spurs 'til he decides to hang up his clipboard.

That's the price of five rings, tbh.

That.

And good luck with Becky coaching :lmao, I'd rather have Hoiberg or Donovan...

byrontx
04-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Pop is the greatest. It seems like a lot of the negative comments come from butt-hurt MAGAs.

duncan2k5
04-28-2019, 08:58 AM

So u trade him... Simple

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 09:35 AM
So u trade him... Simple

Yeah trading an aging 21 million playoff chokers' contract is simple. How didnt I think of that.

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 09:35 AM
del

jjktkk
04-28-2019, 10:02 AM
So u trade him... Simple

Trade away a ageing, star, player that fades in the playoffs. Oh yeah, so simple.:lol

Roscoe P. Coltrane
04-28-2019, 10:03 AM
I would rather have him for another year than someone elseI hope he coaches until he croaks if it keeps that dyke away from being coach.

PHComassetto
04-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Yeah trading an aging 21 million playoff chokers' contract is simple. How didnt I think of that.
:lmao

PHComassetto
04-28-2019, 11:12 AM

They won 48 games and took the 2 seed to a 7th game..Pop has accomplished everything you could possibly accomplish in this league, he's the best to ever do it + he's an old man now, he's not going to get stressed over losing a series they were expected to lose..

Lots of experts here. Pretending to actually know better than one of the Greatest Coaches of All Time. Like we could put any clown as head coach and then all of our problems would go way. Easy as that. Pure Magic. We see things like a team going to the playoffs for two decades straight every time in the NBA. Everywhere... Easy. Anyone can do it.

TimDunkem
04-28-2019, 11:13 AM
I hope he coaches until he croaks if it keeps that dyke away from being coach.

Okay, Dr.Seuss.

GreekSpursfan
04-28-2019, 11:15 AM

No evidence of that in the time he was given in this game.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 01:04 PM
just hope Kawhi will ring in Toronto and Depression will off himself. No trade needed to get rid of that salary

ceperez
04-28-2019, 01:22 PM
Trade away a ageing, star, player that fades in the playoffs. Oh yeah, so simple.:lol

Not simple indeed. Raptors lucked out simply because Kawhi wasn't cooperative enough in a system that demands continuity.

If Leonard were in other NBA teams then he wouldn't have been traded (see: Pelicans with Davis).

Proxy
04-28-2019, 02:05 PM

UnWantedTheory
04-28-2019, 02:15 PM

alpha_HaZE
04-28-2019, 03:13 PM
You losers.. give patty mills and Forbes to Steve Kerr or Bra Steven's and see where they can take this team. It's not pops fault nobody wanna come play in ghetto ass San antonio. All u idiots just whine and bitch.. seriously get a tampon.

Well said,

slick'81
04-28-2019, 03:20 PM
Mills is soo clutch

John B
04-28-2019, 03:35 PM

The whole season got to him already. He feels it’s futile with this group and can’t to fix in the off season. And I really hope the kick in the jaw was enough to transition to hard defense. We went big after that 1st round lost to Griz. Now we need to address guarding that pick and roll. I think DJ/White/Lonnie is good with Poeltl and another defensive big as insurance. These same guards need to shoot 1000 3’s a day this summer so Spurs don’t need to put Mills or Beli out there

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 03:39 PM
Mills is soo clutch

By shooting 13 3FG for the series?

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2019, 03:43 PM
I'll be :lmao

Virtually impossible for USA to lose. The coaches just need basic coaching skills. Coaching that team is almost a gifted medal.

slick'81
04-28-2019, 03:52 PM
By shooting 13 3FG for the series?

Forgot the blue font apologies

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2019, 03:54 PM
did he say which game first half his going to watch? might be raptors vs 76s game hahahahaa fck that idiot coach

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 08:24 PM
Virtually impossible for USA to lose. The coaches just need basic coaching skills. Coaching that team is almost a gifted medal.

Don't say never. Pop was part of the bronze debacle back in 2004. So he's already lost with the USA team so I wouldn't put it past him.

duncan2k5
04-29-2019, 01:32 AM

What's so hard about it? The raps did it with fucking EASE for an MVP level player... We certainly can do it for ANYONE else and a second round pick at the very least... I'm not expecting a star in return... Whoever we trade him for will be addition by subtraction, especially if we get a second round pick

EricB
04-29-2019, 02:47 AM

Man youd be pissed at how much athletes just don’t get as bitter and angry as you after they lose.

spurs10
04-29-2019, 03:08 AM
That's a funny joke. That first half was the most painful two quarters of basketball in history. What are you gonna do? It was a nightmare. The game was over, the season is over. I think fans want to see him demonstrably in pain or he doesn't care. Of course he cares, but it's over until next year. I woke up still disturbed about the game and I'm sure Pop and the team weren't feeling great about it, but it's over.

monty4329
04-29-2019, 03:24 AM
I hope he coaches until he croaks if it keeps that dyke away from being coach.

jjktkk
04-29-2019, 05:24 AM
What's so hard about it? The raps did it with fucking EASE for an MVP level player... We certainly can do it for ANYONE else and a second round pick at the very least... I'm not expecting a star in return... Whoever we trade him for will be addition by subtraction, especially if we get a second round pick
It was "fucking "EASE" because one of the best players in the league couldn't handle being a leader, and received awful advice from a relative playing sports agent. That never happens. Besides PATFO is not going give away DDR.

Coach X
04-29-2019, 06:44 AM

duncan2k5
04-29-2019, 06:51 AM
It was "fucking "EASE" because one of the best players in the league couldn't handle being a leader, and received awful advice from a relative playing sports agent. That never happens. Besides PATFO is not going give away DDR.

Dummy... My point is Kawhi is a top 5,player regardless... If they could trade for him even though there were circumstances, we can easily trade him for a scrub and a second round pick... If u think DDR simply cannot be traded, you are dumb as fuck

NameLess Scrub
04-29-2019, 06:53 AM
Don't say never. Pop was part of the bronze debacle back in 2004. So he's already lost with the USA team so I wouldn't put it past him.

Sure, but that team was just flawed, full of brickers.

It's not 100% impossible, but as long as they take a balanced team, they're golden, literally :lol

jjktkk
04-29-2019, 09:37 AM
Dummy... My point is Kawhi is a top 5,player regardless... If they could trade for him even though there were circumstances, we can easily trade him for a scrub and a second round pick... If u think DDR simply cannot be traded, you are dumb as fuck

Of course DDR can be traded, but not for a scrub and a 2 round pick. The Spurs are not going to give him away dumbass.

Kurgan
04-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Anybody that's read that recent wine article about Pop will not be surprised at all by this.

Russ
04-29-2019, 10:22 AM
So you say Pop has checked out mentally.

That's why he calls a timeout a few seconds into a quarter to scream at his players about defense.

Face it, you guys ain't exactly Sigmund Freud.

duncan2k5
04-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Of course DDR can be traded, but not for a scrub and a 2 round pick. The Spurs are not going to give him away dumbass.

And that's why we will be mediocre to bad as long as he is on the team... Trading him is the right move... I'd trade him for batum and a second round pick.... That is an improvement over keeping him... Why keep someone u KNOW won't move the needle in a positive direction? At least with batum we fill a need, and we can build for the future with the second round pick (many second round picks turn out great... shoot we should know... We've had plenty, and we just got torched by one)

Spurtacular
04-29-2019, 07:43 PM
Man youd be pissed at how much athletes just don’t get as bitter and angry as you after they lose.

Why would I be pissed?