PDA

View Full Version : Realistic trade partners for LA/Derozan

Joseph Kony
04-28-2019, 12:12 AM
Spurs are going nowhere with these two taking up 60 million on the cap. What teams realistically might have need for these turds, and what would be a decent return for them?

Mugen
04-28-2019, 12:16 AM
:lol Nobody is touching either of those guys without absolutely bending over the Spurs......

Pop and RC were shook AF after the Nephew debacle, there's no way they would even consider trading them unless they requested it (please god, I hope they do)...

The FO made the conscious decision that they're okay with first round exit ceilings as long as the fat fuck fans continue to support them and not hold them accountable for anything......

To be fair, it's a good bet since they are the only game in town. They can still put out a mediocre product and loser fans will say it was still a successful season......

random21
04-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Maybe Toronto will take him back when Kawhi leaves.

Emperor
04-28-2019, 12:18 AM
DeRozan for Covington/Dieng.

$pursDynasty
04-28-2019, 12:19 AM
Maybe Toronto will take him back when Kawhi leaves.
can they take Patty too?

Trainwreck2100
Spurs are going nowhere with these two taking up 60 million on the cap. What teams realistically might have need for these turds, and what would be a decent return for them?

Nothing because they'd have to give up one of the young guards or a pick with them. Their only shot is becoming, some kind of filler on a 3 team trade, and that's very unlikely

Xx_SpursNation_xX
Toronto couldn't believe their luck when the Spurs came a knockin'. It's very rare for a team so desperate to take your dead weight off your hands. Yea no one is trading for aldridge or DeFrozan.

BillMc
04-28-2019, 12:23 AM
The Lakers are stupid enough.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 12:27 AM
Nobody

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2019, 12:29 AM
There are always suitors in the NBA, you just won't get anything good in return..

Franchises like Charlotte, Cleveland, etc will be willing..

Joseph Kony
04-28-2019, 12:30 AM

I agree, and Portland might be willing to take LA back. You know the Lakers arent getting anyone in FA :lol maybe something like DeRozan for Ingram/Hart/future pick and LMA for Evan Turner (he's trash but he'll be an expiring) on Mo Harkless. Assuming Spurs use their MLE to bring Multinov over like some seem to think, and use the picks and a SF and PF, potential roster would be:

Murray/White/Mills
Walker//Forbes/Belinelli
Harkless//Hart/Turner/1st rounder
Ingram/Bertans/1st rounder
Poeltl/Multinov

Would be so much more entertaining to watch than our current garbage roster

tim_duncan_fan
04-28-2019, 12:32 AM
I don't care that much what we get. Just want them gone.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 12:33 AM
There are always suitors in the NBA, you just won't get anything good in return..

Franchises like Charlotte, Cleveland, etc will be willing..

Maybe Phoenix, too..Basically the profile is a franchise desperate to make the playoffs even as a one-and-done 8th seed..

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Much easier to get rid of Pop. You don't think a player's coach like Ty Lue could have them balling out. Look at what Kawhi's doing with the Raptors. Pop seems to work his magic best with scrubs but good players tend to not play to their potential under him.

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 12:43 AM
I tried DePression for Gallinari and Harrell on ESPN trade machine and it worked. So theres that

sasaint
04-28-2019, 12:44 AM

Plenty of teams would give you something decent. They have names that are recognized by most casual fans. That puts butts in seats in a lot of NBA cities. I honestly don't think most NBA teams have fans that are as basketball-savvy as the Spurs' fans.

I sure wish we had moved him for Otto Porter, Jr. back when ST was stringing up posters for that suggestion. Wiz would have done it, too, especially after Wall went down.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 10:09 AM
I tried DePression for Gallinari and Harrell on ESPN trade machine and it worked. So theres that

Jerry West ain't that stupid

Plenty of teams would give you something decent. They have names that are recognized by most casual fans. That puts butts in seats in a lot of NBA cities. I honestly don't think most NBA teams have fans that are as basketball-savvy as the Spurs' fans.I sure wish we had moved him for Otto Porter, Jr. back when ST was stringing up posters for that suggestion. Wiz would have done it, too, especially after Wall went down.

We should've traded for Beal. Beal is a better 3-point shooter, can play off the ball and better defender than DeRozan while also being younger and giving you the same playmaking

CGD
04-28-2019, 10:25 AM
If knicks whiff on two stars I can see something there for LMA, though, besides picks their assets are thin.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 10:25 AM

Clips are looking to be raped, sure, let's make the call :rollin

monty4329
04-28-2019, 10:26 AM
If knicks whiff on two stars I can see something there for LMA, though, besides picks their assets are thin.

Poor DDR he would get roasted in preseason by NY press....

ceperez
04-28-2019, 10:29 AM
I don't care that much what we get. Just want them gone.

Same sentiment here. These are inefficient players that don't have the mental toughness in playoff games.

Fusternino
04-28-2019, 10:30 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again: LMA + [ . . . ] for AD.

Leetonidas
04-28-2019, 10:32 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again: LMA + [ . . . ] for AD.

Why the fuck would NO take that when the Celtics can and will offer them a much better package

CGD
04-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Why the fuck would NO take that when the Celtics can and will offer them a much better package

Why? Your stuck in summer 2018 mode. Things are different a year later:

- thanks to Kings great season Boston three first are late and in a “shitty” draft. They depleated their meaningful assets after this summer.

- what filler that is that much better than LMA can boston send? Hayward? Hortford? Morris? Not really that much better honestly and some of those deals are longer. LMA’s deal also gives Pels excellent flexibility to move on after next year with the partial guarantee.

- and for the current assets. yes, I think Tatum is better than any of White, Murray, and Lonnie. But our young guys (even Forbes and Poertl) have increased their values a lot. As for Boston’s next best young player, Brown, he’s really had a down year. I don’t think his stock will be viewed as that much higher (if at all) than say a Murray or White.

Obviously the spurs would have to give up a lot for a chance to sell AD. I think it’s worth it.

GreekSpursfan
04-28-2019, 10:57 AM

Where is Magic when you need him.

Leetonidas
04-28-2019, 10:58 AM

- thanks to Kings great season Boston three first are late and in a “shitty” draft. They depleated their meaningful assets after this summer.

- what filler that is that much better than LMA can boston send? Hayward? Hortford? Morris? Not really that much better honestly and some of those deals are longer. LMA’s deal also gives Pels excellent flexibility to move on after next year with the partial guarantee.

- and for the current assets. yes, I think Tatum is better than any of White, Murray, and Lonnie. But our young guys (even Forbes and Poertl) have increased their values a lot. As for Boston’s next best young player, Brown, he’s really had a down year. I don’t think his stock will be viewed as that much higher (if at all) than say a Murray or White.

Obviously the spurs would have to give up a lot for a chance to sell AD. I think it’s worth it.

Dude, Tatum + Gordon/Horford/Morris + a pick is still waaay better than LAs old ass and some assorted spurs trash. Seriously, why on earth would a rebuilding franchise want LA over younger talent plus one of the best young prospects on a rookie deal in the league? I guarantee you it's not happening

Leetonidas
04-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Besides, Murray is coming off an ACL tear, white is 24 already, and walker while he shows promises had a pretty unspectacular rookie year. I guarantee you any GM would rather have Tatum/Brown and a Celtics big contract over LA and any of the Spurs young players

Fusternino
04-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Glad to see a lot going against Ainge, tbh.

CGD
04-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Dude, Tatum + Gordon/Horford/Morris + a pick is still waaay better than LAs old ass and some assorted spurs trash. Seriously, why on earth would a rebuilding franchise want LA over younger talent plus one of the best young prospects on a rookie deal in the league? I guarantee you it's not happening

I disagree that their filler (Hayward, Horrford, etc.) is better than LMA. Hortford is as old as LMA, and Hayward is a looking like one of the worst contracts in the league after this season. Dude is a shell of himself.

On the picks we have two late firsts to their three, a marginal upgrade.

Your right that the really issue is the
Inclusion of Tatum. Ainge.will do Ainge things and offer someone like Smart, which will piss the Pels off. i mean I don’t blame Bos for wanting to pair those two together, but then that opens up the possibility of other suitors, including the spurs

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2019, 11:50 AM
I haven't looked up contracts, but off the top:

- Charlotte would easily give up Batum and his terrible deal, they would probably add a sweetener in exchange for DeRozan or Aldridge to help keep them relevant..

Alternatively, Biyombo and Marvin Williams have less years on their bad deals IIRC, so you could take that to get space earlier..the problem is that the team would become a bottom-feeder, which Pop wouldn't condone..

- Cleveland has Tristan Thompson and JR Smith's bad deals on less years, maybe they would take DD since they'll never sign a notable FA

- Pistons have Drummond and Jackson on terrible contracts..they'll never sign a notable FA, so DeRozan would be a nice get for them..

- Miami is loaded with bad contracts..Pat Riley would love either LA or DeRozan..

- Portland has dead weight in Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard, maybe they would take Aldridge back if they believe they're a piece away..

That's it IMO

CGD
04-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Besides, Murray is coming off an ACL tear, white is 24 already, and walker while he shows promises had a pretty unspectacular rookie year. I guarantee you any GM would rather have Tatum/Brown and a Celtics big contract over LA and any of the Spurs young players

I’m not sure Murray coming off the ACL thing is worse than Brown playing the whole season and having a down year. I can see some teams seeing Murray having greater value as between the two.

Also, Tatum is the greater talent. To be clear. But let’s not act as if he didn’t have a down year either, fell in love with the 3 ball, etc. Case and point: Boston’s lackluster season.

tholdren
04-28-2019, 12:03 PM
I think this is the downside of the spurs from a business standpoint. They know what they have in the roster. They dont sell high. Should have traded lma last year. Uncertain why they thought he could make a run in the playoffs. Basketball can easily be won in this era with physical players.

CGD
04-28-2019, 12:05 PM
I think this is the downside of the spurs from a business standpoint. They know what they have in the roster. They dont sell high. Should have traded lma last year. Uncertain why they thought he could make a run in the playoffs. Basketball can easily be won in this era with physical players.

Agree. Like right now is the time to sell high on someone like Forbes, but instead hell get a long term deal I’m sure.

sasaint
04-28-2019, 12:12 PM

We should've traded for Beal. Beal is a better 3-point shooter, can play off the ball and better defender than DeRozan while also being younger and giving you the same playmaking

I would have liked Beal, too. I would have offered the Wiz LMA, Dumbmar and one of our young guards for Beal and Porter. I think that would have gotten the deal done, or at least been intriguing enough starting point to structure a deal.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 12:15 PM

OK say you trade LMA + White/DJ + filler, for AD. You don't make the PO or max #7 again.
He then leaves for LA anyway.

You don't have a young asset, no center, and some 25 mil free to pay nobody, since for the 2020 summer there will be only a couple semi-good FAs.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 12:21 PM
I would have liked Beal, too. I would have offered the Wiz LMA, Dumbmar and one of our young guards for Beal and Porter. I think that would have gotten the deal done, or at least been intriguing enough starting point to structure a deal.

Hard to see WAS trade Beal if not for young assets. They have zero chance at making the PO anyway next year, if Beal gone (Wall is out).

tholdren
04-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Agree. Like right now is the time to sell high on someone like Forbes, but instead hell get a long term deal I’m sure.
Or sign trade gay.

sasaint
04-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Hard to see WAS trade Beal if not for young assets. They have zero chance at making the PO anyway next year, if Beal gone (Wall is out).

I think giving them one of our young guards is a young asset. I can't see them taking Dumbmar and wanting 2 of our young guards, also. Our other assets are two first round picks this season. Like I said I think the deal I proposed would have, at the very least, provided a framework for getting a deal done. If it required more, I would listen to any counter offer they wanted to make. I add #29 without blinking or even #19 without much hesitation. Both? Maybe. Remember, I am offering a trade idea for a deal prior to our dumping Pau. If we had had to finish the season with Poodle, Pau, Eubanks and Rudy as our bigs, I would have been okay with that for one season.

CGD
04-28-2019, 12:48 PM
OK say you trade LMA + White/DJ + filler, for AD. You don't make the PO or max #7 again.
He then leaves for LA anyway.

You don't have a young asset, no center, and some 25 mil free to pay nobody, since for the 2020 summer there will be only a couple semi-good FAs.

In my mind we functionally don’t have a starting caliber center after next season Anyway. I pray that a year after next we are not riding with LMA. Hell be like 36. I suspect that was some of the rationale for the partial guarantee too.

With respect to Murray v White. That will suck. It is also feels inevitable.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 12:49 PM
I think giving them one of our young guards is a young asset. I can't see them taking Dumbmar and wanting 2 of our young guards, also. Our other assets are two first round picks this season. Like I said I think the deal I proposed would have, at the very least, provided a framework for getting a deal done. If it required more, I would listen to any counter offer they wanted to make. I add #29 without blinking or even #19 without much hesitation. Both? Maybe. Remember, I am offering a trade idea for a deal prior to our dumping Pau. If we had had to finish the season with Poodle, Pau, Eubanks and Rudy as our bigs, I would have been okay with that for one season.

Yes but look what the Clips got for a couple months of Harris...WAS will want way more for two years of Beal.

Unless they value LMA and his All-Star pedigree more than his salary (which is a bargain, frankly).

monty4329
04-28-2019, 12:55 PM
In my mind we functionally don’t have a starting caliber center after next season Anyway. I pray that a year after next we are not riding with LMA. Hell be like 36. I suspect that was some of the rationale for the partial guarantee too.

With respect to Murray v White. That will suck. It is also feels inevitable.

At 22 mil, LMA is a bargain next year. The problem is DDR. If he somehow goes, then it will be a completely different team, where LMA can do well.

Yes, one between White and Murray will probably be redundant in a couple years. White at 24 doesn't have much room to improve, I guess, so he will possibly be the one who goes. But so far Murray is little more than hype, and no shooting.

CGD
04-28-2019, 01:11 PM
At 22 mil, LMA is a bargain next year. The problem is DDR. If he somehow goes, then it will be a completely different team, where LMA can do well.

Yes, one between White and Murray will probably be redundant in a couple years. White at 24 doesn't have much room to improve, I guess, so he will possibly be the one who goes. But so far Murray is little more than hype, and no shooting.

If DDR expresses and interest to go, I think he’ll have some value, alone (without including assets), that LMA will. That would be one of those blessings in disguise. Extracting value for LMA will be harder, which is why the risky 1 year AD rental context presents an interesting opportunity.

monty4329
04-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Warriors might be interested in LMA. They'll probably lose Durant, have no center and will badly need a proficient one.

DAF86
04-28-2019, 01:20 PM
I think there are teams out there that would be willing to take both these guys off our hands but Pop Will never even consider the option. The better question is what moves, that PATFO would consider, can make us the best possible team around LA and DD.

And I think it all comes down to that 3 and D guy we were asking for all season long. Something like Belinelli and Mills for Covington would be ideal:

Murray, White, DeRozan, Covington, Aldridge
Forbes, Walker, Bertans, Gay, Poeltl

I could see that team being good enough to get a very good regular season record and maybe even win a playoffs series if the opponent is bad enough.

But we all know Mills isn't going anywhere. The most likely trade chips, considered by PATFO, are Belinelli (or at least I want to think so) and Bertans (unfortunately).

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Toronto couldn't believe their luck when the Spurs came a knockin'. It's very rare for a team so desperate to take your dead weight off your hands. Yea no one is trading for aldridge or DeFrozan.

And Philly yesterday kind of probably thought what if they had given someone serious to the Spurs when trade conversations happened. Guy torched them left and right.

sasaint
04-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Yes but look what the Clips got for a couple months of Harris...WAS will want way more for two years of Beal.

Unless they value LMA and his All-Star pedigree more than his salary (which is a bargain, frankly).

Beal is but one part of what the Wiz would give up. The deal I proposed was: LMA + Dumbmar + Young Guard for Beal + Porter. I think that gets interest. If you add #29, that's a little better. If you add #19 instead of #29, better still. But LMA + Dumbmar + Young Guard + #19 + #29 for Beal and Porter might even be a slight overpay. What did Chicago give for OPJ - Jabari Parker and Bobby Portis, a gimpy tweener with an attitude and a guy who has settled into being a decent player also with an attitude who once flashed more potential than he has really realized. Not exactly a haul.

sasaint
04-28-2019, 01:26 PM
And Philly yesterday kind of probably thought what if they had given someone serious to the Spurs when trade conversations happened. Guy torched them left and right.

Absolutely. No doubt.

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 04:20 PM

I know lol

Clips are looking to be raped, sure, let's make the call :rollin

Yeah definitely not gonna happen. Jerry is an OG, he does the raping tbh

Stabula
04-28-2019, 05:12 PM
Sounds like we're fucked for the next 5ish years

Clipper Nation
04-28-2019, 05:47 PM
In real life, our front office would laugh the Spurs off the phone.

weebo
04-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Much easier to get rid of Pop. You don't think a player's coach like Ty Lue could have them balling out. Look at what Kawhi's doing with the Raptors. Pop seems to work his magic best with scrubs but good players tend to not play to their potential under him.

Just stop please... :lmao

Nathan89
04-28-2019, 06:07 PM
:lol Nobody is touching either of those guys without absolutely bending over the Spurs......

Pop and RC were shook AF after the Nephew debacle, there's no way they would even consider trading them unless they requested it (please god, I hope they do)...

The FO made the conscious decision that they're okay with first round exit ceilings as long as the fat fuck fans continue to support them and not hold them accountable for anything......

To be fair, it's a good bet since they are the only game in town. They can still put out a mediocre product and loser fans will say it was still a successful season......

Spurs got bent over to trade the best player in the NBA.:lmao Can't imagine what it would take to trade DeRozan and LMA. Talking Nets level trade blunder.

Nathan89
04-28-2019, 06:09 PM

If they surround LeBron with mid-range shooters.:lmao

spursistan
04-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Does anyone think a team that strikes out in free agency get desperate and call for either of them? (really hope Lakers are still dumb enough to inquire)

I'm just sick and tired of this Aldridge-Derozan outlook for the next two years.. It is pure insanity and sheer incompetence to proceed ahead with the two as your core in fuckin' 2019..

mienhmario
04-28-2019, 06:24 PM
I can’t stand LA wanting to play his style of jumpshot but ignore the defense side. Instead of jumpshots, play defense. You can’t tell me we play better defense with LA when we give up 100+ pts every night. LA needs to go or focus more on defense. I’m starting to wonder does he not watch his games or does he just look at stats only. Jakob and Rudy at the 4 would be way better in terms of moving the ball and cohesiveness.

Slippy
04-28-2019, 06:26 PM
DDR lack of outside shot hurts this teams offense and also hurts LaMarcus offense. You really cant have both as your main offensive weapons. If they keep DdR, makes sense to trade LA. Teams will just pack the paint and dare Demar, DJ and derrick to keep shooting.

Slippy
04-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Just realize in trading LA . You trading a guy that is an inside presense that also commands double team.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Not to mention, these two fuckers are borderline uncoachable..

It is fuckin' 2019. When will their loser asses wise up and work on their 3-point shot? It is frankly embarrassing their refusal to play basketball outside their comfort zones..

Ocotillo
04-28-2019, 06:53 PM
I hold off on thinking about the next season until this season is over so I haven't really given it much thought yet.

My first reaction to the game yesterday was ditch Derozan, Aldridge and Gay, their performance in the first half was that horrible. Then I also realized we are not even in the playoff without those guys. They are the top three players on the team this season. White had his moments but he was hurt and inconsistent. Murray doesn't count for this season because he was out.

I have high hopes for the three young guards but it really is just optimism at this point. Murray has to show us what he has post injury. White needs to shows us more consistency. Walker 4 has to show us what he has.

I am just rambling at this point but I think Forbes actually needs to be in the starting line up if you keep Derozan and have either Murray or White as the starting point guard. He is the only real three point threat to stretch the floor especially if Murray and Derozan are on the floor at the same time.

Gay looks like a crap shoot with his body holding up. Derozan would be better next year after a year in the system. Aldridge is still strong but I agree he and DDR are not a good pair on the floor together since they are both midrange shooters.

I would hope Bellinelli and Patty can be gone next season and maybe they could be filler in a LMA DDR trade.

At the end of the day, the team never really had a true small forward and Murray was out all season.

It's going to be an interesting off season.

Oh by the way, the other thread about firing Pop, Pop was not missing layups and dunks and chip shots in the first half of the game yesterday. And it is true, he would still be a Pomona Pitzer coach without Duncan and TP/Manu but so what. Phil Jackson wouldn't be shit without players either. There are some good coaches that nobody knows about because they had a crummy roster. When Pop had a great roster, he did well. Who was the Bulls coach before Phil Jackson? Rambling again but a good coach can be invisible on a terrible team but a bad coach can suck for a great team.

objective
04-28-2019, 07:11 PM
I've posted it before, but I'm serious

Aldridge and White for Evan Turner, Meyers Leonard and a pick

Pop will get rid of White. When he sours on someone that hard, they're gone, sooner or later. Hedo, Green, Nazr, Dedmon, Beno. Add White to the list. Might take a year, might take 2. But he's dead to Pop.

Murray coming back with White is too much a threat to Mills and his minutes.

Mills IS the Spurs.

He will be preserved.

offset formation
04-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Just realize in trading LA . You trading a guy that is an inside presense that also commands double team.

Shhhhh. They're on such a roll of making tbemselves look stupid. Please...

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 07:26 PM
In real life, our front office would laugh the Spurs off the phone.

Your FO is too kind if they just laugh it off :rollin

GusT15
04-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Your FO is too kind if they just laugh it off :rollin

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnzvzlEj5vD3Tkk/giphy.gif

K...
04-28-2019, 09:32 PM
spurs lose and y'all MFer's get dumber? Go outside now!

SouthTexasRancher
04-28-2019, 10:24 PM
First off who will take either one. Portland maybe for LMA but, who do we get?

DD might land in LA but, again who do we get in return. Probably going to be a 3 way trade for either.

BillMc
04-28-2019, 10:47 PM
If they surround LeBron with mid-range shooters.:lmao
:lmao

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 10:50 PM
Why doesnt NBA follow the soccer formula and allow tades between different leagues?

Its ridiculous.

Id probably trade belli and patty to the Gunadong Dragons for some egg rollls and rice tbh.

slick'81
04-28-2019, 10:55 PM
None.both will b here next season

Clipper Nation
04-28-2019, 10:57 PM
Why doesnt NBA follow the soccer formula and allow tades between different leagues?

Because if Spurtacular ever somehow got a job in the NBA, he'd trade the entire team to China for Jimmer.