PDA

View Full Version : It Still Hurts Volume 2: The Replay That Wasn't

timvp
04-28-2019, 01:18 AM
Flashback to Game 6 in the 2013 Finals. Spurs up four points with the ball with 28.2 seconds remaining. Heat foul and, as we know all too well, end up winning the game.

Tonight. Nuggets up four points with the ball with 28.2 seconds remaining. Spurs ... don't foul ... don't do anything ... and lose.

Interesting timeline we're living in as Spurs fans :tu

DAF86
04-28-2019, 01:22 AM
It's Elliott, Manu and Spurstalk's fault I'm a Spurs fan, tbh. I blame all of you. :cry

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 01:23 AM
Oh yeah, when Pop benched Duncan, our best rebounder and HOFamer and gave away the Championship

Spurs 4 The Win
04-28-2019, 01:24 AM
Flashback to Game 6 in the 2013 Finals. Spurs up four points with the ball with 28.2 seconds remaining. Heat foul and, as we know all too well, end up winning the game.

Tonight. Nuggets up four points with the ball with 28.2 seconds remaining. Spurs ... don't foul ... don't do anything ... and lose.

Interesting timeline we're living in as Spurs fans :tu

The quality of those teams were worlds apart from these two today.

Uriel
04-28-2019, 01:24 AM
:pctoss

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 01:25 AM
Oh yeah, when Pop benched Duncan, our best rebounder and HOFamer and gave away the Championship

Such a dumb move. He also had an opportunity to take Parker out of the game for defensive purposes in that ray allen three but hes like Nah...

lol

DMC
04-28-2019, 01:25 AM

Oddly the game was won/lost in overtime. Something about 8 turnoblis. The series was lost in game 7. We had plenty of chances. I am convinced if we won that we don't win in 2014. I consider it a wash, and probably the greatest redemption story in the NBA in my lifetime.

xtremesteven33
04-28-2019, 01:26 AM
Thanks pop for the memories. Time for a new page.

Mugen
04-28-2019, 01:28 AM
I was going to say that it's because Spo is a good coach....but any fucking rec center pee wee coach would know to call for a foul there :lol

UZER
04-28-2019, 01:28 AM
Such a dumb move. He also had an opportunity to take Parker out of the game for defensive purposes in that ray allen three but hes like Nah...

lol

Neal = Forbes

Pop still doin his thang in 2019.

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 01:35 AM
I was going to say that it's because Spo is a good coach....but any fucking rec center pee wee coach would know to call for a foul there :lol

Yeah any coach that still had fire to win. Not one that just wants to go home and drink wine.

DavidTheGoliath
04-28-2019, 01:35 AM
Amused shouldve started the game thread tbh

Immortal Spur
04-28-2019, 01:37 AM
:cry

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 02:27 AM

lol

Parker then was what Mills is now. Pop subs Mills in for stops, no surprise there. Of course Parker was worlds better than Mills on offense

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 02:30 AM
Parker then was what Mills is now. Pop subs Mills in for stops, no surprise there. Of course Parker was worlds better than Mills on offense

2013 Parker was a borerline all-star player. Mills is barely G-league :lol its not comparable.

timvp
04-28-2019, 02:30 AM

lol

Parker actually did an amazing job of defending both LeBron's three and then going across the court to defend Allen's three. Plus Parker had what almost went down as the biggest steal in franchise history a couple minutes prior, tbh.

Benching Duncan was questionable but Parker was still a quality defensive player at that point.

2013 Parker was a borerline MVP

Fixed.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 02:33 AM
2013 Parker was a borerline all-star player. Mills is barely G-league :lol its not comparable.

I'm not talking about skill level, I'm talking about status in Pop's pecking order, i.e. leader, PG, undersized on defense, has to be out there cause "corporate knowledge"

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 02:47 AM
Parker actually did an amazing job of defending both LeBron's three and then going across the court to defend Allen's three. Plus Parker had what almost went down as the biggest steal in franchise history a couple minutes prior, tbh.

Benching Duncan was questionable but Parker was still a quality defensive player at that point.

Fixed.

RS maybe, but he wasnt an MVP caliber player in the finals. Leonard, Duncan, Green outplayed him. Maybe Borderline all-star contribution but not MVP

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 02:50 AM
I'm not talking about skill level, I'm talking about status in Pop's pecking order, i.e. leader, PG, undersized on defense, has to be out there cause "corporate knowledge"

Its not comparable because Parker was a "THE" system of the beautiful game. His elite penetration is how they came up with the idea and he was still valuable offensively. He deserved to be on the floor.

Mills only good st shooting and hes out there shooting 13%, and is playing 16 straight minutes :lol

KimmyGib
04-28-2019, 02:54 AM
Imagine the relief the passing of every one of those seconds would've been, watching in rapturous bewilderment as Lebron and co simply let the clock run out without fouling. :lol:lol:lol

Must've been Denver fans tonight

monty4329
04-28-2019, 03:18 AM
Pop knew we couldn't inbound the ball after a timeout anyway.

playblair
04-28-2019, 04:13 AM
dejuan blair had 3 20/20 games he shouldve been on the floor for the final possession he wouldve grabbed the rebound

John B
04-28-2019, 04:21 AM
Coincidentally he benched our best perimeter defender. Down 4 points, Murray went pnr with Jokic and lost Mills. Both Murray and Jokic were open tbh, and could’ve made the shot. Terrible defense, terrible decision to stay with Mills especially Mills didn’t do anything to earn the minutes over White. Just terrible, terrible, terrible coaching and execution at the end imo

kobyz
04-28-2019, 04:30 AM
Everybody here still trying rewrite history and defend pop, trying to ignore the real and shameful reason spurs lost the 2013 title and everyone in the world know and lough about, the most naive move ever in sport to lose a title - Not fouling up by 3 last possession!

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 04:31 AM
Coincidentally he benched our best perimeter defender. Down 4 points, Murray went pnr with Jokic and lost Mills. Both Murray and Jokic were open tbh, and could’ve made the shot. Terrible defense, terrible decision to stay with Mills especially Mills didn’t do anything to earn the minutes over White. Just terrible, terrible, terrible coaching and execution at the end imo

Should have been a sweep. I'll keep saying it. Smh

Texas_Ranger
04-28-2019, 04:41 AM
Sucks that we dont have ray allen. Do people think Patty fucking Mills would do anything clutch in this game.

This team unfortunately is a bunch of chokers that can't perform in a big game. Thats why pretty much everyone should be off this team.

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 04:50 AM
Yeah Pop had the exact same situation in 2014 WCF game 6 against the Thunder and stuck with TD and they got a good contest on the 3 and rebound. You don't get the defensive stop until you get the rebound.

RC_Drunkford
04-28-2019, 05:20 AM
Its not comparable because Parker was a "THE" system of the beautiful game. His elite penetration is how they came up with the idea and he was still valuable offensively. He deserved to be on the floor.

Mills only good st shooting and hes out there shooting 13%, and is playing 16 straight minutes :lol

that doesn't mean anything if you need a stop. Miami had the ball on that posession.