PDA

View Full Version : Which washed-up scrub Pop died with the most in the playoffs?

spursistan
04-28-2019, 01:34 AM
An annual Pop playoffs tradition, tbh..

Winnable series lost because it wouldn't be fair for "his guys" to not get their minutes..

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 01:35 AM
not sure. I hate Micheal Finleys guts though :lol

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2019, 01:36 AM
Paging Patty Mills, Patty Mills, please pick up the black and silver courtesy phone

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2019, 01:37 AM
Didn't think crater face would outdo himself after letting West and Diaw get their manhood taken by Adams and Kanter.... but here we are.

The Patty-Marco duo topped them easily.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 01:37 AM
The useless Fat Wombat shooting blanks for the entire series played the last 16 minutes of Game 7 :lmao..

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 01:39 AM
Sideline reporter even stated that it was Pop's strategy to not make any substitutions based on how anyone was playing ('cept til the end).

I honestly don't know how Forbes had 19. It was a damn quiet 19 with the exception of a couple shots at the end.

Mills 29 minutes even without starting. SMH. 2-7 (1-5 3FG) worth it? Another case of +/- lying cos he had a +7. Then again, much better than Forbes's -11. That dude was too happy to be a placeholder and only shot at the end when he finally realized that all five guys have to contribute.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 01:55 AM
Didn't think crater face would outdo himself after letting West and Diaw get their manhood taken by Adams and Kanter.... but here we are.

The Patty-Marco duo topped them easily.

Mills in particular..This motherfucker just shot 13% from 3PT for the series and he was out there closing in the last 20 minutes of play of Game 7..

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 01:58 AM
Mills in particular..This motherfucker just shot 13% from 3PT for the series and he was out there closing in the last 20 minutes of play of Game 7..

wow.

He took White out cause they started sagging on him though. I get the reasoning behind it, but that easily could have been resolved anyway with a few tweaks.

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 01:59 AM

Makes you wonder wtf Pop is thinking. And not one reporter asking him why Mills is playing?

spursistan
04-28-2019, 02:09 AM
Makes you wonder wtf Pop is thinking. And not one reporter asking him why Mills is playing?

He really dies with his guys..At some point one would have to start questioning that assistants crew. Are they this helpless with Pop?

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 02:12 AM
On a team that included Dick Jefferson, you counted the serviceable McDyess as the most washed-up scrub? GTFO!

Dick Jefferson shot 3-17 over the last four games of the Memphis series. Meaning, the Spurs high priced star couldn't even average one bucket per game when it counted the most!

He played only 10 minutes as a starter in Game 6 and still managed a -13 while going 0-2.

I think we were all shocked that he was able to find some sort of fountain of youth at the end with Cleveland, cos we all would've taken that guy over the guy the Spurs had.

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 02:13 AM
He really dies with his guys..At some point one would have to start questioning that assistants crew. Are they this helpless with Pop?

They border on being outright sycophants, tbh.

To be fair, that's a lot of assistant coaches in the NBA, most of whom are hoping the HC gets axed so that their turn is sooner rather than later.

But in the Spurs' assistant coaches case they know Pop ain't going anywhere, so that's not an excuse for them.

objective
04-28-2019, 05:45 AM
On a team that included Dick Jefferson, you counted the serviceable McDyess as the most washed-up scrub? GTFO!

Dick Jefferson shot 3-17 over the last four games of the Memphis series. Meaning, the Spurs high priced star couldn't even average one bucket per game when it counted the most!

He played only 10 minutes as a starter in Game 6 and still managed a -13 while going 0-2.

I think we were all shocked that he was able to find some sort of fountain of youth at the end with Cleveland, cos we all would've taken that guy over the guy the Spurs had.

Jefferson wasn't Pop's guy though. Pop was annoyed about having to spend remedial time in the summer with RJ instead of another wine excursion. He was benched for a stretch his first season.

I don't think he fits the criteria.

phxspurfan
04-28-2019, 12:00 PM
Jefferson wasn't Pop's guy though. Pop was annoyed about having to spend remedial time in the summer with RJ instead of another wine excursion. He was benched for a stretch his first season.

I would be annoyed too if I was asked to spend a summer with friggin RJ. Especially on a team that features the Big 3, and RJ is supposedly hot shit already

daslicer
04-28-2019, 12:55 PM

:lol have to admit picturing Pop working out with RJ during the summertime made me laugh. I can picture Pop being like that grouchy summer school teacher that has to teach a bunch of academically challenged kids.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 06:25 PM
Morning after and I still can't fathom wombat--in bricklayer and traffic cone form the entire series-- playing the last 20 minutes of a Game 7..

Just when you thought Pop couldn't outdo his coaching shitshows in the playoffs since 2014, he comes up with more..:lol

FkLA
04-28-2019, 06:56 PM
It really is unbelievable. Your 3rd best player all year has a terrible 1st Half and Pop can't wait to insert his pet wombat that shot 20% from the field, 10% from 3 all series long.

There's no room for favoritism/seniority in basketball yet I can't think of a single coach that pulls that kind of shit more than Pop. It might be his worst trait as a coach. Malone had no problem benching the more experienced Barton in favor of Craig.

Robz4000
04-28-2019, 07:03 PM
2015 Porker was one of the worst since he actually had a reliable option on the bench playing well and the Spurs actually had a chance to ring that year.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 07:04 PM
It really is unbelievable. Your 3rd best player all year has a terrible 1st Half and Pop can't wait to insert his pet wombat that shot 20% from the field, 10% from 3 all series long.

There's no room for favoritism/seniority in basketball yet I can't think of a single coach that pulls that kind of shit more than Pop. It might be his worst trait as a coach. Malone had no problem benching the more experienced Barton in favor of Craig.

I don't need anymore evidence that Pop does walk over guys who are shy and have no ego (White, Green, even TD/Manu); meanwhile he goes into the fetal position in front of divas like LMA/Derozan or worldly dudes he likes talking to over a glass of wine (Gasol/Mills etc.)..

FkLA
04-28-2019, 07:20 PM
I don't need anymore evidence that Pop does walk over guys who are shy and have no ego (White, Green, even TD/Manu); meanwhile he goes into the fetal position in front of divas like LMA/Derozan or worldly dudes he likes talking to over a cup of wine (Gasol/Mills etc.)..

It's especially frustrating because he preaches this whole everyone is equal BS. Pop will praise TD for allowing him to treat him like just another player, helping set the culture... but yet he routinely pulls favoritism/double standards with his players.

I'd be pissed if I was a guy like White or Bertans. To the point where I'd start questioning whether I wanted to stick around and play for that type of coach.