PDA

View Full Version : Go San Antonio Bucks

DAF86
04-28-2019, 01:42 AM
If this isn't the team you root for the rest of the playoffs, you aren't a real Spurs fan.

daslicer
04-28-2019, 01:43 AM
I'm for anybody but the Raptors. Hell even the Warriors if it comes down to Warriors-Raptors. Hopefully not.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-28-2019, 01:47 AM
If this isn't the team you root for the rest of the playoffs, you aren't a real Spurs fan.

Agreed. Go Bucks

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2019, 01:48 AM
Lets go Raps. Kawhi finally has an elite coach

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 01:54 AM
I dont root for fake humble guys like Giannis. One of the most overrated players in the league and hes fake humble. Extremely arrogant in reality.

At least guys like Russ are honestly about their personalities.

I'm cheering for portland tbh.

Go Kanter.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 01:55 AM

On Second thought..Raps in the finals and this place is going to explode :rollin

DAF86
04-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Giannis playing like a taller DeRozan out there :(

SuperCam
04-28-2019, 01:37 PM
looks like Bud might be another cute regular season coach like Poop without duncan..

Spurs Homer
04-28-2019, 02:05 PM
If you are rooting for any other team- you are not a spurs fan

but we know who you are because all you did all season was talk shit about spurs players and spurs coaches

now you can be true to yourselves and root for where your loyalty was all along.

Dex
04-28-2019, 02:06 PM
I love Bud...but I'm all for anybody who can take the Raptors out.

Would be a real fucking thorn in the side if Kawhi makes the Finals this year.

TDomination
04-28-2019, 02:15 PM
Seriously. Go bucks. Or more than anything, go anybody but Raptors. Which is likely to be bucks.

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2019, 02:17 PM
I don't hate the Raptors. Kawhi can win 10 rings and it doesn't mean he did the right thing.

Bucks are good too. Anybody who can take out the warriors is ok.

I'd love to see Durant's and Klay's reactions.

timvp
04-28-2019, 02:35 PM
I've always been a fan of Bud but you have to remember that he was the driving force behind Bonner's playing time and entire Spurs career. Considering that Bonner was so obviously a regular season only player, it's questionable whether Bud's philosophies can ever truly translate to the postseason.

timvp
04-28-2019, 02:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Lwk3Blz.gif

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2019, 02:42 PM
I've always been a fan of Bud but you have to remember that he was the driving force behind Bonner's playing time and entire Spurs career. Considering that Bonner was so obviously a regular season only player, it's questionable whether Bud's philosophies can ever truly translate to the postseason.

Coaches hardly matter in the playoffs:lol

JeffDuncan
04-28-2019, 02:45 PM
The Bucks are suddenly in a high pressure bounce-back position at home. It'll be interesting to see how they react. Losing both home games to begin the series would look very bleak.

Y'know, if the Bucks lose that series against the Celtics, and Coach Bud gets fired.....

John B
04-28-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm for anybody but the Raptors. Hell even the Warriors if it comes down to Warriors-Raptors. Hopefully not.
Ewwww ban this guy

daslicer
04-28-2019, 02:52 PM
Ewwww ban this guy

Will never root for #2. Any spur fan that roots for him is a cuck in my eyes.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2019, 02:53 PM

Check my post 12 hrs ago :lol

John B
04-28-2019, 03:04 PM
Check my post 12 hrs ago :lol
By the end of the day, defense still wins. That’s what nephew does, and Siakam and the rest of that team sold on it. I hate to root for Raps but I love watching good basketball, and they play the best basketball right now.

Spurtacular
04-28-2019, 03:55 PM
I was a Celtics fan before anything else, and I kind of like their current team. It'd be hard for me to root against them. Though I'd be happy Tatum was out. Dude seems like a real prick.

And a part of me even roots for Kawhi. But I know he did the Spurs wrong, and I make no excuses for that unlike certain player fans here.

I though the OP meant perhaps rooting for the smaller market to be a real Spurs fan. If this is about Kawhi though, I'm just not obsessed with it.

spursistan
04-28-2019, 05:43 PM

:whispers: Bud has been lowkey underwelming in the playoffs, too..:lol

Gonna be interesting to see how he adjusts, if anything, against Stevens and Celtics from here. It is going to be a major hit against Coach Bud if they lose this series with the MVP on his roster and HCA..

spursistan
04-28-2019, 06:01 PM

Said it downstairs: He isn't going to carry the Bucks to a series win by strictly playing bully-ball..

Giannis still not being even a decent, natural shooter is big handicap in the playoffs. Smart coaches will expose that.

Nathan89
04-28-2019, 06:04 PM
You jumped on the wrong bandwagon. Nice try tho

rasuo214
04-28-2019, 08:24 PM
I'm rooting for whatever will help out the Spurs in the future. Having the Warriors breakup (particularly if KD leaves to NY) is a great thing for the Spurs, so whatever needs to happen to make that happen then I'm rooting for it. Also as much as it might suck for some fans but Kawhi doing well with the Raptors and staying in Toronto is better for the Spurs than him going to either LA team.

therealtruth
04-28-2019, 08:32 PM
Said it downstairs: He isn't going to carry the Bucks to a series win by strictly playing bully-ball..

Giannis still not being even a decent, natural shooter is big handicap in the playoffs. Smart coaches will expose that.

They're treating him like they used to treat TP. Just wall of the paint. It prevents the penetrate and kick game. To counter the shooters need to be able to make shots.

SouthTexasRancher
04-28-2019, 10:27 PM
Damn, the Bucks shit their pants today. I still thing it'll be the Bucks and Warriors if everyone stays healthy.

Pavlov
04-29-2019, 03:32 AM
OP with the reverse Midas touch this playoffs.

Still time for this one tho.

bic50
04-29-2019, 06:34 AM
Will never root for #2. Any spur fan that roots for him is a cuck in my eyes.
Somehow rooting for the warriors doesn’t make you a cuck?

Kurgan
04-29-2019, 07:50 AM
Still a lot of series to be played. Unlike Pop, Budenholzer will adjust.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Still a lot of series to be played. Unlike Pop, Budenholzer will adjust.

who reckons popabitch calls his students giving them advice, i hope those guys hang up the phone

popabitch hasnt won a trophy post duncan era, just like his students

ulosturedge
04-29-2019, 08:37 AM
I still hate Kevin Durant and SuperFriends Part 2 worse then the Whole Kawhi debacle. Anything that keeps the Warriors from Ringing again trumps seeing Kawhi lose with the Raptors. I just don't hold a grudge or am not as butthurt as some around here on ST. As I don't think the Spurs are completely blameless in that whole situation with Kawhi. If they do lose wouldn't that up the chances that he ends up in LA? I think seeing him in a Laker Jersey would piss us off worse.

Arcadian
04-29-2019, 08:46 AM
I still hate Kevin Durant and SuperFriends Part 2 worse then the Whole Kawhi debacle. Anything that keeps the Warriors from Ringing again trumps seeing Kawhi lose with the Raptors. I just don't hold a grudge or am not as butthurt as some around here on ST. As I don't think the Spurs are completely blameless in that whole situation with Kawhi. If they do lose wouldn't that up the chances that he ends up in LA? I think seeing him in a Laker Jersey would piss us off worse.

You mean Clippers.

Kurgan
04-29-2019, 09:10 AM
who reckons popabitch calls his students giving them advice, i hope those guys hang up the phone

popabitch hasnt won a trophy post duncan era, just like his students

He wouldn't have even made the Finals in 2013 or 2014 if not for Bud reinventing the way the Spurs played basketball. If Pop had his way, those teams would have played the same slow, outdated ball we saw in 2009 and 2010. With Bud and all the competent assistants gone, Pop's back to playing mid-range 90s ball.

Kurgan
04-29-2019, 09:11 AM

You're falling for the Laker media hype. Kawhi and his uncle's group don't want to be anywhere near Lebron/Klutch. Back in the summer, you could tell their enthusiasm for joining the Lakers waned the second Lebron signed there. They'll settle for Clippers most likely.

kobyz
04-29-2019, 09:18 AM
Refs would not let anybody touch the warriors! Which only the rockets could potentially...

DAF86
04-29-2019, 01:21 PM
OP with the reverse Midas touch this playoffs.

Still time for this one tho.

Bucks is the team I'm rooting for. This is the team I hve as favourite in the East:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276155

Also, what reverse midas touch? I haven't got a single series winner wrong yet. :lol

r0drig0lac
04-29-2019, 01:58 PM
as long as Warriors or Rockets do not win the championship, idgaf

TD 21
04-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Anyone but the Raptors . . . unfortunately, they have the most complete team (and of course practically everything seems to be breaking their way). Scumbag, his sleazebag uncle and the senile Spurs front office collaborated to open the door. The Warriors' decline, Siakam's quantum leap and to a lesser extent the Gasol trade, have kicked it open.

Between Antetokounmpo's shaky jumper, the lack of a true #2 for a contender and experience, I haven't totally trusted the Bucks all year, but they at least matchup well and have a true superstar.

The Celtics probably don't have enough high end talent (Tatum's stagnating, Hayward's slow recovery and Siakam's quantum leap has swung this).

The Rockets lack a second big wing and would probably have to jumble the matchups in an awkward way (Capela on Siakam, Harden on Gasol). It might actually work though, because the refs protects smalls vs bigs, Harden is a stout post defender, Gasol wouldn't be comfortable being a 1st option and he'd inevitably get stuck defending him some in transition.

That leaves the Warriors. Even in their diminished state, they're still the best bet and as much as I hate them, they'd be the lesser of 2 evils in this case.

Spurs + teams who had a chance to pull off the trade deserve for him to ring out of sheer stupidity though.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 05:48 PM
Anyone but the Raptors . . . unfortunately, they have the most complete team (and of course practically everything seems to be breaking their way). Scumbag, his sleazebag uncle and the senile Spurs front office collaborated to open the door. The Warriors' decline, Siakam's quantum leap and to a lesser extent the Gasol trade, have kicked it open.

Between Antetokounmpo's shaky jumper, the lack of a true #2 for a contender and experience, I haven't totally trusted the Bucks all year, but they at least matchup well and have a true superstar.

The Celtics probably don't have enough high end talent (Tatum's stagnating, Hayward's slow recovery and Siakam's quantum leap has swung this).

The Rockets lack a second big wing and would probably have to jumble the matchups in an awkward way (Capela on Siakam, Harden on Gasol). It might actually work though, because the refs protects smalls vs bigs, Harden is a stout post defender, Gasol wouldn't be comfortable being a 1st option and he'd inevitably get stuck defending him some in transition.

That leaves the Warriors. Even in their diminished state, they're still the best bet and as much as I hate them, they'd be the lesser of 2 evils in this case.

Spurs + teams who had a chance to pull off the trade deserve for him to ring out of sheer stupidity though.

1.I agree with you on the first part and it's the only reason why I'm rooting for the Warriors. Will continue to root for the Warriors until the Raptors are eliminated.
2. Disagree with you on the second part. As frustrated as it was see the Sixers and the Celtics nickle and dime the Spurs I can understand why they did it. The whole entire league knew ahead of time that #2 was determined to be in LA. If you are any franchise with promising young stars why would you trade for #2 for a one year rental when you can have 7-10 years of being elite and contending with your current group? Unless Embiid suffers from some serious injury the Sixers will have him and Simmons for the next 4-6 years at a minimum. Celtics will have Brown and Tatum for several years.

TD 21
04-29-2019, 06:04 PM
1.I agree with you on the first part and it's the only reason why I'm rooting for the Warriors. Will continue to root for the Warriors until the Raptors are eliminated.
2. Disagree with you on the second part. As frustrated as it was see the Sixers and the Celtics nickle and dime the Spurs I can understand why they did it. The whole entire league knew ahead of time that #2 was determined to be in LA. If you are any franchise with promising young stars why would you trade for #2 for a one year rental when you can have 7-10 years of being elite and contending with your current group? Unless Embiid suffers from some serious injury the Sixers will have him and Simmons for the next 4-6 years at a minimum. Celtics will have Brown and Tatum for several years.

Depends on the team, but the 76ers being unwilling to part with Fultz (Spurs wouldn't have done it anyway obviously, but still) was insane and so was the Celtics being unwilling to part with Brown. Both overvalued some of their youth, underestimated the gap between a great player and a very good one and instead let a rival leapfrog them.

Things change fast in this league. With Embid's durability issues, the awkward fit between him and Simmons and the ego of both + Butler (if he re-signs), they might never truly contend for a championship.

Meanwhile, the Celtics are dependant on Irving's re-signing (he also has durability issues) and either trading for Davis or having Tatum make the quantum leap Siakam has.

If I were them, I'd have rather had a legit shot at a championship this season and do what the Raptors have done: force him to walk away from a potential reigning champion that's set up well going forward.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 08:12 PM
Depends on the team, but the 76ers being unwilling to part with Fultz (Spurs wouldn't have done it anyway obviously, but still) was insane and so was the Celtics being unwilling to part with Brown. Both overvalued some of their youth, underestimated the gap between a great player and a very good one and instead let a rival leapfrog them.

Things change fast in this league. With Embid's durability issues, the awkward fit between him and Simmons and the ego of both + Butler (if he re-signs), they might never truly contend for a championship.

Meanwhile, the Celtics are dependant on Irving's re-signing (he also has durability issues) and either trading for Davis or having Tatum make the quantum leap Siakam has.

If I were them, I'd have rather had a legit shot at a championship this season and do what the Raptors have done: force him to walk away from a potential reigning champion that's set up well going forward.

From what I have heard the Spurs wanted both Tatum and Brown for #2. Spurs also wanted Simmons for #2. In both scenarios for Sixers/Celtics it would have been a high risk type of deal. It's the type of situation if the Sixers/Celtics don't win a title with #2 their would be a lot of eggs thrown on the face of the Ownership/GM of those organizations.

cjw
04-29-2019, 10:59 PM
From what I have heard the Spurs wanted both Tatum and Brown for #2. Spurs also wanted Simmons for #2. In both scenarios for Sixers/Celtics it would have been a high risk type of deal. It's the type of situation if the Sixers/Celtics don't win a title with #2 their would be a lot of eggs thrown on the face of the Ownership/GM of those organizations.

Instead, the Sixers stripped away all their depth in two panic trades for redundant players that can both leave in two months, and are about to pay Simmons big money just like Embiid is making. Meanwhile, Simmons is an intriguing but limited player who a smart coach will scheme for.

They will make a push for upgrades on both Harris and Butler in FA as they can renounce them and use cap space if they’d like. But I don’t see Kawhi, Durant, etc. going there. Middleton would probably be the best fit. Renouncing guys also means no Reddick.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 11:20 PM
Instead, the Sixers stripped away all their depth in two panic trades for redundant players that can both leave in two months, and are about to pay Simmons big money just like Embiid is making. Meanwhile, Simmons is an intriguing but limited player who a smart coach will scheme for.

They will make a push for upgrades on both Harris and Butler in FA as they can renounce them and use cap space if they’d like. But I don’t see Kawhi, Durant, etc. going there. Middleton would probably be the best fit. Renouncing guys also means no Reddick.

Agreed they are not going to get any top tier free agents like #2 and Durant. They could potentially lose both Harris and Butler. Even in that scenario they will still have Simmons and Embiid. Can't predict right now how Simmons will turn out long term. We'll know for sure next season. It's usually year 3 where you can tell where a player is going to go trajectory wise. Still it was a high risk move to gamble on #2 and losing one of their cornerstones with no guarantee #2 would have comeback after this year.

It will be interesting to see what will happen with AD next year since he will be in the final year of his contract. We'll see if teams are willing to give up the farm for him. I'm curious to see how it turns out because we'll get a good idea if the Spurs could have done better if they had kept #2 and let him play several games before trading him. Just to showcase him as an audition.

DAF86
05-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Onto the semis floks :flag:

Blackhaus
05-08-2019, 09:41 PM
I wanna see Giannis tea bag nephew tbh

spurs10
05-08-2019, 09:51 PM
If this isn't the team you root for the rest of the playoffs, you aren't a real Spurs fan. San Antonio Bucks! Woot!

GusT15
05-08-2019, 10:20 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TornBlondGrub-max-1mb.gif

https://www.nba.com/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/boeder-180201-4-min.gif

Dunk on'em,Block'em,END THEM.

Go Bucks.

DAF86
05-15-2019, 10:04 PM
1 down, 3 to go.

Blackhaus
05-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Nephew so gone when they get a gentleman’s sweep......

timvp
05-15-2019, 10:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dwNe8Nt.gif

Spurs Homer
05-15-2019, 10:38 PM
lol

that new player - rookie - Lopez was great tonite!

ZeusWillJudge
05-15-2019, 10:39 PM
Go Bucks Go!

JeffDuncan
05-15-2019, 11:11 PM
Toronto should never have signed a Gasol. We could have told them that.

Expecting the Gasol to play, I mean.

Immortal Spur
05-16-2019, 12:57 AM
GBG

gameFACE
05-16-2019, 01:28 AM
Bud and the East Twin Towers.

SpurPadre
05-16-2019, 01:43 AM
Bud is doing this for Pop. Unlike Brett Brown, he's a grateful disciple who knows who made him, tbh.

cutewizard
05-16-2019, 05:56 AM
Bud is doing this for Pop. Unlike Brett Brown, he's a grateful disciple who knows who made him, tbh.

:lobt2:

RC_Drunkford
05-16-2019, 06:01 AM
Bucks are like a better version of the Rockets. But the system actually works with those players. They look like a championship team. I mean even Mirotic who's often described as a bad defender was blocking Siakam and crashing the boards. They play hard. And like I said at the beginning of the season, there's only 1 team that can stop Kawhi and it's Milwaukee. He struggles with their length. They have a lot of players with more or similar wing span, thus being able to really contest his shots and fadeaways. Besides that they play fast and run a lot, has anybody recognized load management running out of gas in the 4th? He's not conditioned to play major minutes at that pace

cutewizard
05-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Hope the Bucks win it all

cutewizard
05-16-2019, 06:15 AM
Bucks are like a better version of the Rockets. But the system actually works with those players. They look like a championship team. I mean even Mirotic who's often described as a bad defender was blocking Siakam and crashing the boards. They play hard. And like I said at the beginning of the season, there's only 1 team that can stop Kawhi and it's Milwaukee. He struggles with their length. They have a lot of players with more or similar wing span, thus being able to really contest his shots and fadeaways. Besides that they play fast and run a lot, has anybody recognized load management running out of gas in the 4th? He's not conditioned to play major minutes at that pace

:bobo

sammy
05-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Rooting for the Bucks! George Hill and Coach Bud! My favorite player outside my Spurs, Giannis! Rooting against the Raptors due to Quitter being on their team! The Deer in 6!

Rooting for Portland against GSW as I hate those arrogant idiots! They whine the most when the Warriorefs bailing their asses out every time with the Donkey Green chirping away and no technicals! If any other player bitched so much to the refs, they would be T'd up and then thrown of the game!

I'm rooting for the Deer to win it all!

cutewizard
05-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Rooting for the Bucks! George Hill and Coach Bud! My favorite player outside my Spurs, Giannis! Rooting against the Raptors due to Quitter being on their team! The Deer in 6!

Rooting for Portland against GSW as I hate those arrogant idiots! They whine the most when the Warriorefs bailing their asses out every time with the Donkey Green chirping away and no technicals! If any other player bitched so much to the refs, they would be T'd up and then thrown of the game!

I'm rooting for the Deer to win it all!

Same here......

Dex
05-16-2019, 09:10 AM
Toronto should never have signed a Gasol. We could have told them that.

Expecting the Gasol to play, I mean.

Gasol was huge for them last series. He was the only guy who was able to somewhat keep Embiid in check.

Giannis is a totally different kind of beast, though.