PDA

View Full Version : Pop Returning for his 24th Season; End of Year Interview Notes

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Not really news but despite speculation, sounds like he’ll be back again next year.

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:02 PM

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Mugen (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519) get in here and celebrate :downspin:

Mugen
04-29-2019, 01:04 PM
The night is dark and full of terrors.

Arcadian
04-29-2019, 01:06 PM
He had to, with next season looking promising. This season was about building a new core.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-29-2019, 01:07 PM
If patty mills and Marco bellinelli log more minutes than Lonnie walker next season so help us god.

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Don’t expect any trades. Wants the same core back, unsurprisingly.

Chomag
Has to, He knows that any other coach would kick Patty off of the team

I guess we won't see a whole lot of roster change during the off-season then.

TDomination
I for one am happy. I know many want him gone. But I really wanted to see what he could do with a healthy Murray/White/Walker.

But his love for Patty is pretty sickening though

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-29-2019, 01:09 PM
I would like to see him back without many of the dead weight. Mills, Beli and LMA. DDR one more season before getting rid of him.

BatManu20

Mugen
My man Fatty Mills probably just checked his phone, saw this news and turned to his poolside server...

"You know what, I will have that second burger."

Mugen
04-29-2019, 01:11 PM
I for one am happy. I know many want him gone. But I really wanted to see what he could do with a healthy Murray/White/Walker.

If patty mills and Marco bellinelli log more minutes than Lonnie walker next season so help us god.

TDomination
04-29-2019, 01:11 PM

okay nevermind, that pretty much puts a damper on this summer. ugh.
i just want marco and patty gone. i don't care for who or how they are gone. just please don't be here anymore.

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 01:12 PM
For now (although we know SA would not divulge any big plans anyways), it seems like the logical off-season path is:

1. Keep LMA and DeRozan. Unless one of them demands a trade or someone calls SA with a great offer, I don’t think they will explore trading them. I believe keeping them one more year, then having more control over the contracts (LMA only 7M guaranteed after this season, DeRozan is a player option and expiring) makes sense. Run it back one more year with these guys before you make the big decision. I really hope they do not extend DeRozan though.

2. Fold Lonnie/Murray into the mix. This alone should help solve some problems in theory. Both offensively and especially defensively. Having those two take minutes from Mills/Beli should really help raise the teams ceiling.

3. Draft/MLE/Rudy: These feel like the big decisions vs it being LMA and DeRozan. Do they keep Gay? If so, one year deal or multi-year? Do they use the MLE and if so for what? What are they going to do in the draft. These 3 things appear to be the biggest questions heading into next year.

4. Trading a guard: There is a logjam. No doubt about it. If they really want Murray/White/Lonnie in the fold and we know Bryn stepped up, then with Beli/Mills/DeRozan there are serious minutes concerns. Can sa move Mills/Beli for a SF? Will they have to move Bryn instead even if they dont want to?

gambit1990
04-29-2019, 01:12 PM

gambit1990
04-29-2019, 01:13 PM

”it’s not going to be a whole lot different.” :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-29-2019, 01:14 PM

That might be more depressing than the first quarter of Game 7, tbh.

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:15 PM
I’m confident Rudy is back next season.

TDomination
04-29-2019, 01:19 PM
My man Fatty Mills probably just checked his phone, saw this news and turned to his poolside server...

:lol

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:22 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d7e67e67c472cc31e4b46ba8a0fa6cfb/tenor.gif?itemid=8080125

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 01:27 PM
I’m confident Rudy is back next season.

This concerns me big time. I really hope we dont see a Pau/Mills deal for Rudy. One year makes perfect sense but they cannot afford to give Rudy a loyalty contract.

RD2191
04-29-2019, 01:28 PM

Looks like I won't be watching the Spurs next season.

K...
04-29-2019, 01:29 PM
Some of your forget this is an entertainment business. Patty Mills isn't just a teacher's pet, but he's the connection to working class slubs everywhere. Also, don't get excited that because you hate Patty you some how escape slubhood.

monty4329
04-29-2019, 01:30 PM
For now (although we know SA would not divulge any big plans anyways), it seems like the logical off-season path is:

1. Keep LMA and DeRozan. Unless one of them demands a trade or someone calls SA with a great offer, I don’t think they will explore trading them. I believe keeping them one more year, then having more control over the contracts (LMA only 7M guaranteed after this season, DeRozan is a player option and expiring) makes sense. Run it back one more year with these guys before you make the big decision. I really hope they do not extend DeRozan though.

2. Fold Lonnie/Murray into the mix. This alone should help solve some problems in theory. Both offensively and especially defensively. Having those two take minutes from Mills/Beli should really help raise the teams ceiling.

3. Draft/MLE/Rudy: These feel like the big decisions vs it being LMA and DeRozan. Do they keep Gay? If so, one year deal or multi-year? Do they use the MLE and if so for what? What are they going to do in the draft. These 3 things appear to be the biggest questions heading into next year.

4. Trading a guard: There is a logjam. No doubt about it. If they really want Murray/White/Lonnie in the fold and we know Bryn stepped up, then with Beli/Mills/DeRozan there are serious minutes concerns. Can sa move Mills/Beli for a SF? Will they have to move Bryn instead even if they dont want to?

So, we shoot even less 3s? Sounds like a plan.

Mugen
04-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Give Rudy a 1yr deal at whatever he wants. Giving him 2 years would be bad, 3years would be disastrous....

I'd package Beli + the later 1st round pick for whatever rotation player they can get that can give minutes at the 4/5 position....

Obviously, I'd love if they moved on from Fatty/LMA/DD but that won't happen....

The rotation next year (should they keep Rudy) should look something like:

Murray/Fatty
White/ Forbes / First Round Pick
Derozan / Walker / Same First Round Pick / Bertans
LMA / Rudy (or FA/ Same First Round Pick) / Bertans
Poetl / Milutinov?

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 01:35 PM
So, we shoot even less 3s? Sounds like a plan.

How so? White should shoot more, they discussed DeRozan shooting more, Lonnie will shoot them and Murray should too. There are concerns that I see for sure, but right now at least we can address defense and ball handling and shot creation. Plus, there is free agency and the draft to address that.

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Give Rudy a 1yr deal at whatever he wants. Giving him 2 years would be bad, 3years would be disastrous....

I'd package Beli + the later 1st round pick for whatever rotation player they can get that can give minutes at the 4/5 position....

Obviously, I'd love if they moved on from Fatty/LMA/DD but that won't happen....

The rotation next year (should they keep Rudy) should look something like:

Murray/Fatty
White/ Forbes / First Round Pick
Derozan / Walker / Same First Round Pick / Bertans
LMA / Rudy (or FA/ Same First Round Pick) / Bertans
Poetl / Milutinov?

My hope is give Rudy a functional one year deal (meaning even if there are years beyond that make it team options or non-guaranteed money).

I think packaging pick 19 and/or 29 with Beli or Mills or maybe Forbes to move up and draft their 3/4 of the future would be huge. I dont care if they get a vet at that spot. That would be nice and I would be happy if sa used a late first and Beli/Mills to get that player and open up minutes for Lonnie and Murray; but getting a young stud would be ideal.

offset formation
04-29-2019, 01:38 PM
I would like to see him back without many of the dead weight. Mills, Beli and LMA. DDR one more season before getting rid of him.

LMA? That dead weight only carried the team for 2 straight seasons post Nephew. Simpleton.

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Good luck with that..

JeffDuncan
04-29-2019, 01:44 PM

Whoa, pardner. "Whatever he wants?" Even a horse would say nay to that.

Offer Gay 1 year at the same price, 10 million. Take it or leave it. If he gets a better offer, don't match it.

I certainly agree about no more than 1 year. Because he has undead feet.

Mugen
04-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Whoa, pardner. "Whatever he wants?" Even a horse would say nay to that.

Offer Gay 1 year at the same price, 10 million. Take it or leave it. If he gets a better offer, don't match it.

I certainly agree about no more than 1 year. Because he has undead feet.

If the Spurs are going to be operating over the cap, it literally doesn't matter how much they pay him for a 1yr deal. If he wants 1yr/16mil then go for it because it doesn't hurt them in the summer of 2020 which frankly is a much more important offseason for this franchise.

Mugen
04-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Good luck with that..

Won't happen. Their best hope is that White becomes a lot better from a catch and shoot perspective and Instagram isn't a complete liability from outside.

TDomination
04-29-2019, 01:47 PM

Man that would be the exact opposite of what this team needs to do. Forbes actually showed up this year. He's younger, cheaper and shows he has no fear in playoffs. If they need to make room for guards, they gotta move Patty/Marco.

MultiTroll
04-29-2019, 01:48 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d7e67e67c472cc31e4b46ba8a0fa6cfb/tenor.gif?itemid=8080125
Da Spurz goin to bees a hard kowre gang agains next year with Pops and Pattys.

https://youtu.be/WaxcC-O3t7s

spurs10
04-29-2019, 01:51 PM
He had to, with next season looking promising. This season was about building a new core. :bobo

TimDunkem
04-29-2019, 01:51 PM
How so? White should shoot more, they discussed DeRozan shooting more, Lonnie will shoot them and Murray should too. There are concerns that I see for sure, but right now at least we can address defense and ball handling and shot creation. Plus, there is free agency and the draft to address that.

LMA "discussed" shooting more years ago yet here we are.

DD and LMA are who they are, and Murray is still a question mark until he's actually shooting well in games.

TimDunkem
04-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Won't happen. Their best hope is that White becomes a lot better from a catch and shoot perspective and Instagram isn't a complete liability from outside.

More food for the slurpers to suck on until DD and LMA inevitably let them down by not working on their outside game...Remember when LMA said he would add the 3?...Like 3 years ago?

Dennis the Menace
04-29-2019, 01:55 PM

I’ll take “No pressure to perform” for $800, Alex.

Chomag
04-29-2019, 02:03 PM
How in the world do y'all think a back court of DDR, White, and Murray would work? That creates almost zero spacing

talkspurs
04-29-2019, 02:04 PM
If the Spurs are going to be operating over the cap, it literally doesn't matter how much they pay him for a 1yr deal. If he wants 1yr/16mil then go for it because it doesn't hurt them in the summer of 2020 which frankly is a much more important offseason for this franchise.

It does matter as it could effect the MLE. If we go with non tax paying MLE we get a higher MLE (hopefully better player) then if we are tax paying MLE. Also if we pay the tax that means the Spurs would have to pay the tax as well not getting the refund from the teams paying the tax. If we go with non tax paying MLE we in essence have a hard cap.

NASpurs
04-29-2019, 02:05 PM
So more of the same shit? Even less games I'm going to watch next year. :tu

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Man that would be the exact opposite of what this team needs to do. Forbes actually showed up this year. He's younger, cheaper and shows he has no fear in playoffs. If they need to make room for guards, they gotta move Patty/Marco.

I agree, but like with Hill/Kawhi if some combo of 19/29/Forbes gets SA their SF of the future it’s worth it

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 02:08 PM

Lonnie looks to be capable too

MoSpur02
04-29-2019, 02:10 PM
okay nevermind, that pretty much puts a damper on this summer. ugh.
i just want marco and patty gone. i don't care for who or how they are gone. just please don't be here anymore.

What is he supposed to say? That they can't wait to break up the core?

monty4329
04-29-2019, 02:13 PM

You mentioned possibly trading Forbes. And Beli/Mills either traded or anyway vastly reduced in minutes. White is not a natural shooter, Murray is not a threat. Lonnie, frankly, cannot play meaningful minutes. Unless we trade for or sign one or two established volume shooters, it is going to be even worse than this season.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 02:13 PM

:lol If you TRULY want to create a logjam at guard, go ahead and trade for a SF, and displace DDR back into the guard pool. Even your hypothetical of Mills/Beli for a SF still leaves DM/DW/LW IV/Bryn/DDR. That's a lot of guards for 96 minutes.

NASpurs
04-29-2019, 02:15 PM

Dex
04-29-2019, 02:17 PM

But his love for Patty is pretty sickening though

People who want Pop gone are gonna be in for some serious disappointment with whoever gets picked to succeed one of the greatest coaches of all-time.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 02:18 PM
People who want Pop gone are gonna be in for some serious disappointment with whoever gets picked to succeed one of the greatest coaches of all-time.

Yeah, no shit.

JeffDuncan
04-29-2019, 02:20 PM

Prove it.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:20 PM

The draft yes, but he made it sound like free agency is an after thought. I just don't get the logic of standing pat the way this team is constructed vs. how the game is being played now. We were respectable against a #2 seed and would've been respectable against the 3 seed but the Dubs and Rockets are clearly head and shoulders above us with the Clippers likely to take a bigger step next season...and we're standing pat? Isn't this just Pop conceding title aspirations for the forseeable future? With that said, I'm glad he's coming back.

MoSpur02
04-29-2019, 02:21 PM
As I've mentioned in other threads Pop signed an extension for I believe 2 more years, but could be three. However, he has options to opt out from what I was told.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:23 PM

Unless that person is Manu or even Tony, tbh.

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 02:23 PM
The draft yes, but he made it sound like free agency is an after thought. I just don't get the logic of standing pat the way this team is constructed vs. how the game is being played now. We were respectable against a #2 seed and would've been respectable against the seed but the Dubs and Rockets are clearly head and shoulders above us with the Clippers likely to take a bigger step next season...and we're standing pat? Isn't this just Pop conceding title aspirations for the forseeable future? With that said, I'm glad he's coming back.

It’s not an afterthought (free agency) but SA has the real difference makers on the roster already. Adding Lonnie / Murray isn’t standing pat. Think of them like free agents.

BillMc
04-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Lonnie looks to be capable too

He was atrocious on defense though.

BillMc
04-29-2019, 02:28 PM

Yep.

Mugen
04-29-2019, 02:29 PM

I'm willing to gamble. :lol

Dex
04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Also, in before someone tries to point to the the last 27 seconds of Game 7 to nullify Pop's legacy.

talkspurs
04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
I have heard of people trading away mills and maco. I doubt the Spurs would trade either of these because Mills is the longest running Spur and pop seems to like and trust him. Marco was brought in to help the spurs so I doubt we trade him either. That being said if I was the Spurs I would trade to trade mills, marco, forbes and our 29th pick to ATL for their 35, bazemore, and Prince. If they wanted to keep 35th i would try and keep our 39th. I dont think the Spurs would do this because of loyalty. Atl has looked at getting rid of prince before and Bazemoore they feel is a bad contract. to get rid of a bad contract you have to take on a bad contract. They also get a slightly better pick as well as forbes who is young. They dont do this because Mills contract is worse then Bazemoore (more years and only saveing 7 mil).

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 02:31 PM
He was atrocious on defense though.

I think he’s fine one on one. Way better than Mills & Beli there. He struggled with team defense but tools are there.

Hoops Czar
04-29-2019, 02:33 PM
Becky must not be ready yet.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:33 PM
It’s not an afterthought (free agency) but SA has the real difference makers on the roster already. Adding Lonnie / Murray isn’t standing pat. Think of them like free agents.

I'm a big Murray fan and believe he is superior to White but he will be coming off major injury and is still only 22. We shouldn't have to put all the pressure on him to carry LMA and DeRozan when they make their usual playoff disappearances...not yet. And Walker is still green as fuck. We should do more than this if the plan is to win a title but I think PATFO are just content to be competitive.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Unless that person is Manu or even Tony, tbh.

All Star type players normally aren't interested in coaching, or aren't qualified. Both Manu and Tony have young children still at home. Why would they want to spend all of that time away from them?

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 02:47 PM
I'm a big Murray fan and believe he is superior to White but he will be coming off major injury and is still only 22. We shouldn't have to put all the pressure on him to carry LMA and DeRozan when they make their usual playoff disappearances...not yet. And Walker is still green as fuck. We should do more than this if the plan is to win a title but I think PATFO are just content to be competitive.

There is nothing SA can do reasonably my friend to vault then into surefire contender status. For now draft and leaps from youth are the best and quickest way to improve. This draft is huge as is free agency in a year or two when cap space is more attainable

exstatic
04-29-2019, 02:47 PM

LW IV was supposed to play THIS YEAR. They had plans for him. To minimize his role next year would be foolish beyond measure for anyone here, as long as he stays healthy, and gets a full camp. That was really the issue this season.

Mugen
04-29-2019, 02:48 PM
Hopefully Messina is poached away this summer.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:51 PM
All Star type players normally aren't interested in coaching, or aren't qualified. Both Manu and Tony have young children still at home. Why would they want to spend all of that time away from them?

Yeah, I know...just wishful thinking.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:53 PM
LW IV was supposed to play THIS YEAR. They had plans for him. To minimize his role next year would be foolish beyond measure for anyone here, as long as he stays healthy, and gets a full camp. That was really the issue this season.

I'm not saying not to play him. I'm saying we shouldn't play Murray and Walker and say fuck it for the rest of the off season and expect to be title contenders.

BSfromTX
04-29-2019, 02:57 PM
Pop coming back is not the end of the world. People act like he's Tark.

We will be adding DJ, Lonnie, two potentially good picks, and an improving D. White. I do hate how slow Pop is to give the youngsters a chance, but his system does produce good players.

I will be disappointed if DD and LMA are back. If we could somehow shake those salaries our future would have some good flexibility.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:57 PM
There is nothing SA can do reasonably my friend to vault then into surefire contender status. For now draft and leaps from youth are the best and quickest way to improve. This draft is huge as is free agency in a year or two when cap space is more attainable

Thing is, and you're right on your point, that by the timeline you're mentioning, LMA will be in his late 30s and DeRozan will be past his prime. If the plan isn't to be an instant contender, then shouldn't they explore trading those two while they still have value?

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Pop coming back is not the end of the world. People act like he's Tark.

We will be adding DJ, Lonnie, two potentially good picks, and an improving D. White. I do hate how slow Pop is to give the youngsters a chance, but his system does produce good players.

I will be disappointed if DD and LMA are back. If we could somehow shake those salaries our future would have some good flexibility.

Well, one good pick and another long shot to be a good pick, considering it's 29th, tbh.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm not saying not to play him. I'm saying we shouldn't play Murray and Walker and say fuck it for the rest of the off season and expect to be title contenders.

You need to adjust your expectations. Nothing we can do in the short run will make us that. There's no magic pill, or secret cap room that will appear this summer. We'll have last year's squad, DM back, and more Lonnie. The draft picks will spend time in Austin, for the most part. A good goal, and expectation, might be top 3 seed in the WC. If the team stays healthy, and the guards progress nicely, it might happen. We were only 6 games out of 2nd this past season.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 03:02 PM
You need to adjust your expectations. Nothing we can do in the short run will make us that. There's no magic pill, or secret cap room that will appear this summer. We'll have last year's squad, DM back, and more Lonnie. The draft picks will spend time in Austin, for the most part. A good goal, and expectation, might be top 3 seed in the WC. If the team stays healthy, and the guards progress nicely, it might happen. We were only 6 games out of 2nd this past season.

Agreed. Expectations need to be adjusted.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 03:02 PM
Thing is, and you're right on your point, that by the timeline you're mentioning, LMA will be in his late 30s and DeRozan will be past his prime. If the plan isn't to be an instant contender, then shouldn't they explore trading those two while they still have value?

They're the bridge to the next generation, so the kids are never on a terrible team. Many players who come into this league highly touted never develop properly, because all they do is learn to lose on the lottery team that drafted them.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 03:04 PM
They're the bridge to the next generation, so the kids are never on a terrible team. Many players who come into this league highly touted never develop properly, because all they do is learn to lose on the lottery team that drafted them.

Well, we'll see if those guys are on board for this plan.

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Happy to hear Pop is coming back but like many stated Marco or Patty has got to go. I have a feeling Marco is going to be the guy who gets the axe before Patty. I hope we can keep Rudy on a 1 or 2 (at the most) year deal. I hope we either trade the draft rights of Milutinov to help move up in the draft or bring him over on a decent deal because he is looking like a solid asset in Europe

I'm super excited about the draft and can't wait to see who we get.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Well, we'll see if those guys are on board for this plan.

Why would they not be? They're getting well paid. The Spurs never screw over anyone who works with them. If the time comes to move them, the Spurs will take their wishes into account, and won't expect too much in return. They'll get a soft landing.

I've been following the Spurs since '89, when the Admiral docked here in SA. In all of that time, I've only seen three cases where the Spurs just virulently wanted to get rid of a player: Dennis Rodman, Stephen Jackson's second tour here, and Kawhi. None of those players fall into that category of 'working with the team'.

sananspursfan21
04-29-2019, 03:19 PM
This is good news. Unless you want to sludge through 5-10 years of being truly mediocre. Not Spurs fan mediocre, but missing the playoffs by small margins but too good to get a great draft pick mediocre. That’s a hamster wheel I’d like to put off as long as possible. In Pop We Trust.

DPG21920
04-29-2019, 03:22 PM

Not in my opinion because in the West other than GS, there is no one that is so far ahead that a team could not make a run. While sa may not be able to become an instant ahead of the pack contender they can be on par with most teams.

baseline bum
04-29-2019, 03:24 PM
This concerns me big time. I really hope we dont see a Pau/Mills deal for Rudy. One year makes perfect sense but they cannot afford to give Rudy a loyalty contract.

Don't worry man, they only give loyalty contracts to shit players.

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2019, 03:25 PM
Why would they not be? They're getting well paid. The Spurs never screw over anyone who works with them. If the time comes to move them, the Spurs will take their wishes into account, and won't expect too much in return. They'll get a soft landing.

I've been following the Spurs since '89, when the Admiral docked here in SA. In all of that time, I've only seen three cases where the Spurs just virulently wanted to get rid of a player: Dennis Rodman, Stephen Jackson's second tour here, and Kawhi. None of those players fall into that category of 'working with the team'.

Dwayne Schintzius was one and done with the Spurs after being a first round draft pick the year before. I heard Bob Bass didn't like the mullet. I didn't realize it, but when I looked him up the dude died in 2012 of Leukemia.

spurs10
04-29-2019, 03:27 PM

Yeah, no shit.

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2019, 03:29 PM
This board is gonna implode this summer when Spurs give DeRozan a 4 year 140 million extension.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-29-2019, 03:31 PM

Sorry piece of shit old stubborn troll fuck

RC_Drunkford
04-29-2019, 03:33 PM
So it's what I expected. The draft will be key. They have to draft players who can play NBA minutes and don't get parked in the G-League for 1 season. Moving one of Belinelli/Mills/Forbes to move up would help. Although with Mills you probably trade down and not up if you move that bad contract. Anyway keep Rudy, let DeMar work on his 3-ball. And with the MLE add one of the many SFs that are available: Marcus Morris, Danny Green, Demarre Carrol, Ariza, Stanley Johnson, etc.

If the Spurs somehow find a reclamation project for cheap or get good vets on minimum deals like a Jeff Green this team should be significantly better. Starts with the draft, we'll know more after that

ShutUp SayItAgain!
04-29-2019, 03:34 PM

He just gave away not only a winnable series but a fucking sweep! And is basically saying, "Hey let's do that again haters!"

Sorry old loser fuck

J_Paco
04-29-2019, 03:42 PM
He had to, with next season looking promising. This season was about building a new core.
Yeah, Murray, White, Walker, Poeltl, Bertans and Forbes are solid pieces with two more picks/players likely added to the mix.

Next season will be huge for the continued development (and hopefully good health) of that group/core.

r0drig0lac
04-29-2019, 03:47 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/dd473c2db5e38925132f5844c18f3705/tenor.gif

Dverde
04-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Pop wants to hand off the Spurs as a contender to his successor. I still fully believe it will be Udoka unless he accepts another HC job before Pop retiring. I think next year will be the last with the Spurs then coaching Team USA. Getting a gold medal would be a nice sendoff.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-29-2019, 04:04 PM
LMA? That dead weight only carried the team for 2 straight seasons post Nephew. Simpleton.

But how fast did he disappear in the big time and how old is he now?

TD 21
04-29-2019, 04:12 PM
No surprises . . .

- Anyone who ever thought there was a chance of major change (I've said it countless times, but Forbes is the only rotation player who might be traded) has either ignored how this franchise operates or is flat out delusional. Especially coming on the heels of what they experienced a year ago, expect them to be even more gun shy than usual.

- Ditto for anyone who thinks a rotational demotion is coming. Walker may push Belinelli, but that's about it. But by being 1 injury/rest game away from minutes, the former should still play a decent amount.

- Or Anyone who thinks Gay is signing (essentially) a 3rd straight 1 year deal. I fully expect 2, with possibly a partially guaranteed 3rd. Barring catastrophic injury, they should have little to no difficulty moving him in a year if they pivot into a re-build (probably only happens if next season goes disastrously) though.

- Pop gave lip service to DeRozan attempting more 3s and I fully expect him and Aldridge (for the umpteenth) year to talk a good game about it on media day and maybe even start out the season averaging 2ish attempts per game . . . but as soon as an inevitable slump hits, they'll likely eventually revert and not be held accountable for it.

- I also don't expect much from Murray on this front. Shooting something like White's volume/% is probably the best that can be hoped for.

- Even if White makes a meaningful leap, he's not likely to be a true sniper and even if he were, 1 is not enough. There's just no way a Murray-White-DeRozan-Aldridge-Poeltl unit can function offensively, so expect White to be essentially co-6th man (Gay).

- As good as the player development has traditionally been, they have to make the 3 the #1 priority going forward. Even the ones who became good 3-point shooters didn't attempt enough.

RC_Drunkford
04-29-2019, 04:14 PM
Has anybody actually watched the entire interview? Some points:

- He thought the team overachieved
- Basically blames the 7seed/1st round out on new players having to play together, injuries and the Kawhi trade
- Good luck to anybody who thinks Patty Mills will be traded, Pop talked a whole minute about him and nothing he said had anything to do with basketball. It was all about him putting offcourt activities together :lmao
- Sounds like he wants to keep Bryn, had high praise for him
- Says he wants DeRozan to shoot 3s
- Said that they didn't attempt a lot of 3s cause they didn't have a lot of players who could break the defense down, one might think DJ coming back will result in more 3-point attempts
- Says Dejounte will play the 1 and the 2
- He talked about Lonnie and Dejounte, one should think Lonnie will get a lot more minutes next year
- Wants to resign Rudy
- Had high praise for Dante and Pondexter for staying ready, practicing hard and being good examples for the young guys
- Enjoyed coaching this year and thinks the team will be better because they are building a new culture and now they played together for a full season
- Said White has to work on his shooting in the offseason

exstatic
04-29-2019, 04:16 PM
So it's what I expected. The draft will be key. They have to draft players who can play NBA minutes and don't get parked in the G-League for 1 season. Moving one of Belinelli/Mills/Forbes to move up would help. Although with Mills you probably trade down and not up if you move that bad contract. Anyway keep Rudy, let DeMar work on his 3-ball. And with the MLE add one of the many SFs that are available: Marcus Morris, Danny Green, Demarre Carrol, Ariza, Stanley Johnson, etc.

If the Spurs somehow find a reclamation project for cheap or get good vets on minimum deals like a Jeff Green this team should be significantly better. Starts with the draft, we'll know more after that

The last player that met that criteria walked out the door last summer. He was drafted #15, overall, and we haven't had a pick any higher since 1997.

There's a reason that the Spurs do that. It works. The players get to learn the system with no pressure to perform as rookies, they get a taste of the NBA with limited games. They get player mentoring and coaching at the NBA level. By the time year 2 rolls around, they have all of that, two summer leagues, and two training camps under their belts. They are ready to play.

Some of you really have the patience of a two year old. If your cupcakes take 20 minutes at 325 degrees, will they be as good in 10 minutes at 650 degrees?

RC_Drunkford
04-29-2019, 04:28 PM
The last player that met that criteria walked out the door last summer. He was drafted #15, overall, and we haven't had a pick any higher since 1997.

There's a reason that the Spurs do that. It works. The players get to learn the system with no pressure to perform as rookies, they get a taste of the NBA with limited games. They get player mentoring and coaching at the NBA level. By the time year 2 rolls around, they have all of that, two summer leagues, and two training camps under their belts. They are ready to play.

Some of you really have the patience of a two year old. If your cupcakes take 20 minutes at 325 degrees, will they be as good in 10 minutes at 650 degrees?

And when they drafted him what was the teams biggest need? SF? What is it now? SF? With defense maybe? If we talk about moving up in the draft, we talk about it because you are trying to get a more talented player who could get minutes right away. Maybe not as a starter, but as an off the bench guy. Some of you really have the IQ of a 2 year old

exstatic
04-29-2019, 04:48 PM
And when they drafted him what was the teams biggest need? SF? What is it now? SF? With defense maybe? If we talk about moving up in the draft, we talk about it because you are trying to get a more talented player who could get minutes right away. Maybe not as a starter, but as an off the bench guy. Some of you really have the IQ of a 2 year old

The 2011 draft was loaded, and produced 7 All Stars. This one, not so much. Teams in the top 10 will wind up with non-lottery level talent. We barely had what Indiana wanted, and could only get up to #15. We don't have a player of the quality and experience of GHill, and getting to #15 likely won't net us what you want: a plug in SF, ready to go out of the box. That's just not happening.

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-29-2019, 04:56 PM

This post above is nothing but the truth.

If you prove you can play Pop will give you minutes like how he played Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, George Hill, Gary Neal, shit even Dejuan Blair got run as a rookie. If not then they will bring you along slowly until they feel you are comfortable. Now I will admit Pop most definitely favors veteran players but he also isn't afraid to play yound players.

I honestly feel Murray, White, and Walker are going to get hella run barring injuries or being traded next season

RC_Drunkford
04-29-2019, 04:58 PM
The 2011 draft was loaded, and produced 7 All Stars. This one, not so much. Teams in the top 10 will wind up with non-lottery level talent. We barely had what Indiana wanted, and could only get up to #15. We don't have a player of the quality and experience of GHill, and getting to #15 likely won't net us what you want: a plug in SF, ready to go out of the box. That's just not happening.

I'm sure people would have said that about Derrick White at 29 as well, but from what I know he looked ready in his first year. I get what you are saying, but given PATFO's track record, I expect them to find high talented players. Teams weren't so high on Kawhi either. Maybe they can find another diamond in the rough

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-29-2019, 05:03 PM

If a lot of these guys stay in the draft that have early entered I think some solid NBA caliber 3&D small forwards are going to be easily had lower in the draft. Most of these teams draft guys who are young and good athletes but their are some non freshman that fit the bill if you look at these people declaring.

offset formation
04-29-2019, 05:15 PM
But how fast did he disappear in the big time and how old is he now?

The entire Nuggets game plan was not to let LA beat them. They doubled almost every possession. His teammates failed him, by and large.

jjktkk
04-29-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm a big Murray fan and believe he is superior to White .Ya don't say.:lol

tholdren
04-29-2019, 06:10 PM
How in the world do y'all think a back court of DDR, White, and Murray would work? That creates almost zero spacing

About as bad as it worked this series. The only way this works is if pop doesnt tolerate the midrange game off the dribble from any of these three. You either drive to the rim or you shoot off a screen. If you add lma and terrible rudy to the mix you literally have no skill.

Side note. This series showed why murray gets as many rebounds as he does. Its not skill.

Rummpd
04-29-2019, 06:11 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26634254/popovich-negotiating-new-contract-spurs

He’s back

tholdren
04-29-2019, 06:13 PM
The entire Nuggets game plan was not to let LA beat them. They doubled almost every possession. His teammates failed him, by and large.
Lol wtf. Lma is what he is. A good second option. Hes a 7 foot jumpshooter, enough said.

BatManu20
04-29-2019, 06:55 PM

kobyz
04-29-2019, 07:00 PM

Pop lost it(was always overrated and choker to begin with), has no desire and will to win anymore, he needs to stop taking the team hostage and give up...

J_Paco
04-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Prove it.

How can it be "proven" if it hasn't happened yet?

Also, the Bulls, Pistons, Jazz and Suns have all done great jobs replacing Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Jerry Sloan & Mike D'Antoni........

spurs1990
04-29-2019, 07:14 PM

1989 is the foundation year to what we see today. It brought in DRob and Popovich (and Elliott) and that core was intact through 1997. Then the 2nd era of unparalleled success under Duncan, 1998-2016. 2017-2019 have been as successful as the average of 1990-1996. The trajectory is still pointing up as long as they don't give out any more Pau Gasol type contracts.

cjw
04-29-2019, 07:18 PM

This is where it falls on (1) Mills 3 of 22 ... and to a lesser extent Bertans for not being able to stay on the court and help stretch things (Beli shot okay but awful on defense) and (2) roster construction. The shooters were generally one dimensional at that, and offense couldn’t generate them open looks.

Not enough Poeltl time either. He had a net rating around +30 and was killing the Nuggets. Not sure if it was him being gassed (25 minutes) or foul trouble (almost 4 per game). Poeltl-White was extremely effective, and even two big man lineups were positive in just over 100 minutes. Might just be eye test, but when Aldridge was in game the Nuggets were wearing him down defensively while he still shouldered a huge offensive burden. Aldridge was fine, but more Poeltl would have helped in a series that came down to a few possessions. Especially considering Bertans became unplayable and those minutes went to Mills/Belinelli.

joeyjfive
04-29-2019, 07:22 PM

:lmao

J_Paco
04-29-2019, 07:37 PM
About as bad as it worked this series. The only way this works is if pop doesnt tolerate the midrange game off the dribble from any of these three. You either drive to the rim or you shoot off a screen. If you add lma and terrible rudy to the mix you literally have no skill.

Side note. This series showed why murray gets as many rebounds as he does. Its not skill.

Been a while since you posted, Tholdren. Please, stop again.....

How did this series prove anything about Murray when he hasn't been on the court since September? The kid is just a naturally good rebound for his size/position kind of like Jason Kidd.....

offset formation
04-29-2019, 08:24 PM
This is where it falls on (1) Mills 3 of 22 ... and to a lesser extent Bertans for not being able to stay on the court and help stretch things (Beli shot okay but awful on defense) and (2) roster construction. The shooters were generally one dimensional at that, and offense couldn’t generate them open looks.

Not enough Poeltl time either. He had a net rating around +30 and was killing the Nuggets. Not sure if it was him being gassed (25 minutes) or foul trouble (almost 4 per game). Poeltl-White was extremely effective, and even two big man lineups were positive in just over 100 minutes. Might just be eye test, but when Aldridge was in game the Nuggets were wearing him down defensively while he still shouldered a huge offensive burden. Aldridge was fine, but more Poeltl would have helped in a series that came down to a few possessions. Especially considering Bertans became unplayable and those minutes went to Mills/Belinelli.

Agree completely.

alpha_HaZE
04-29-2019, 08:34 PM
The draft yes, but he made it sound like free agency is an after thought. I just don't get the logic of standing pat the way this team is constructed vs. how the game is being played now. We were respectable against a #2 seed and would've been respectable against the 3 seed but the Dubs and Rockets are clearly head and shoulders above us with the Clippers likely to take a bigger step next season...and we're standing pat? Isn't this just Pop conceding title aspirations for the forseeable future? With that said, I'm glad he's coming back.

We lost to #2, because of second chance points and defence in general. Dejounte, is one of our better rebounders and the best defender we have. Also, next year we will be that much better because of consistency. I know we all want to trade LA but that is not happening, so it is better to stay pat, maybe add a free agent or take a risk with a vet player that was misused in his previous team.

HOU and GSW, might not be as good next year. CP3 is that much older, and injury prone and KD will most likely leave to NY. Then you have Dallas, Clippers and other up and coming teams, but I am confident we can play better season.

exstatic
04-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Been a while since you posted, Tholdren. Please, stop again.....

How did this series prove anything about Murray when he hasn't been on the court since September? The kid is just a naturally good rebound for his size/position kind of like Jason Kidd.....

:lol Shots fired!

SouthTexasRancher
04-29-2019, 09:53 PM
I see storm clouds on the horizon. We have Category 5 tornado's coming in from 4 different directions. Softball size hail has been reported. Lightening and thunder has scared the shit out of Pop and finally his head shot out of his ass. He has assured management that he'll stop acting like a dickhead and bring the Spurs back to the good ol' glory days .............. yeah, right...! :wtf

offset formation
04-30-2019, 08:19 AM
I see storm clouds on the horizon. We have Category 5 tornado's coming in from 4 different directions. Softball size hail has been reported. Lightening and thunder has scared the shit out of Pop and finally his head shot out of his ass. He has assured management that he'll stop acting like a dickhead and bring the Spurs back to the good ol' glory days .............. yeah, right...! :wtf

Right, I mean fuck that guy amirite? What a slouch! 5 Championships and 22 straight years in playoffs. I mean why did he run Kawhi out of town and fuck the teamover. And why did GoldenState have to be so damn good.

GTFOH. Guessing your scorn wouldn't be there if he were Gregg Republicanovich.

exstatic
04-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Right, I mean fuck that guy amirite? What a slouch! 5 Championships and 22 straight years in playoffs. I mean why did he run Kawhi out of town and fuck the teamover. And why did GoldenState have to be so damn good.

SouthTexasRancher
04-30-2019, 10:03 PM

Dipshit, get back to me when you graduate from the 3rd grade, you little piss-ant. I guess this "Gregg Republicanovich" means you are a knuckle dragging, extremely low IQ, Neanderthal. You know you don't have to use your bare hand to wipe your shitty ass don't you? Probably not, so here is some help for a mental midget like you. Go find an HEB, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. and ask someone where the toilet paper is. And when you use it don't wipe your nose after you've wiped that stinking shitty ass of your. No charge for the advice, you imbecile. And for the record, ignoramus, I've spent more on season tickets over the past two decades than you've made in your lifetime or will make in your sorry lifetime. Now go :flipoff

offset formation
04-30-2019, 11:47 PM
Dipshit, get back to me when you graduate from the 3rd grade, you little piss-ant. I guess this "Gregg Republicanovich" means you are a knuckle dragging, extremely low IQ, Neanderthal. You know you don't have to use your bare hand to wipe your shitty ass don't you? Probably not, so here is some help for a mental midget like you. Go find an HEB, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. and ask someone where the toilet paper is. And when you use it don't wipe your nose after you've wiped that stinking shitty ass of your. No charge for the advice, you imbecile. And for the record, ignoramus, I've spent more on season tickets over the past two decades than you've made in your lifetime or will make in your sorry lifetime. Now go :flipoff

Lulz.
How about I get back to you after I finish my doctorate, fuckface? As for your wealth, tell me chief, how does that have any bearing on my comment? Or are you so lacking in mind and manhood that you feel the need to bow your chest out to an internet stranger that pulled together your posting history that's so clearly butthurt about the liberal views of Pop?

You're just mad because I saw through your pathetic tantrum as the poor partisan hack job that it was. And let me tell you, it doesn't take a doctorate to see through your immature imbecility and transparent motivations. So you go buy some season tickets and learn that the reason you even go is because of that old liberal that's brought you 22 straight winning seasons. BTW, I'll take any battle of wits you want, you severely tired caricature of a Texan. One last thing, Trump sucks my habanero-tainted asshairs. And is currently losing to Biden in recent polls. Texas as you know and hope it is, is a thing of the past. Capische? Have a nice day.

Slippy
04-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Lol wtf. Lma is what he is. A good second option. Hes a 7 foot jumpshooter, enough said.

Lol any player that has crowded key and gets doubled consistently when posting becomes a jumpshooter or he gets benched as liability. What you expect him to do? Become Tim Duncan all of a sudden. You just stated the obvious.

itzsoweezee
05-01-2019, 12:13 AM
People talking about LMA getting doubled consistently, well, what do you expect when they trot out a lineup with absolutely no shooting other than Forbes. They're going to double down next year and be even worse

Slippy
05-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Even crazier about this flawed roster. In game 7 pop made the adjustment where they had Lamarcus camping out at 3point line to help spacing issues. To make up for Demar, derick and jacob lack of shooting ability. . They got to fix 1 to 3 before they start worrying about Lamarcus.

If anything , lucky to have a 7footer that can shoot .

Slippy
05-01-2019, 12:20 AM
People talking about LMA getting doubled consistently, well, what do you expect when they trot out a lineup with absolutely no shooting other than Forbes. They're going to double down next year and be even worse

Ya exactly. You reiterated my last post.

My solution if we stuck with Demar. Send him to the bench. An xfactor on offense. Get a 3 that can shoot and d. Then Djs shooting will be the only question mark going into next season for the SL

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Glad you’re back Pop!!

RC_Drunkford
05-01-2019, 03:48 AM
Lol any player that has crowded key and gets doubled consistently when posting becomes a jumpshooter or he gets benched as liability. What you expect him to do? Become Tim Duncan all of a sudden. You just stated the obvious.

at least somebody here understands how basketball works :bobo

SouthTexasRancher
05-01-2019, 05:08 AM
Lulz.
How about I get back to you after I finish my doctorate, fuckface? As for your wealth, tell me chief, how does that have any bearing on my comment? Or are you so lacking in mind and manhood that you feel the need to bow your chest out to an internet stranger that pulled together your posting history that's so clearly butthurt about the liberal views of Pop?

You're just mad because I saw through your pathetic tantrum as the poor partisan hack job that it was. And let me tell you, it doesn't take a doctorate to see through your immature imbecility and transparent motivations. So you go buy some season tickets and learn that the reason you even go is because of that old liberal that's brought you 22 straight winning seasons. BTW, I'll take any battle of wits you want, you severely tired caricature of a Texan. One last thing, Trump sucks my habanero-tainted asshairs. And is currently losing to Biden in recent polls. Texas as you know and hope it is, is a thing of the past. Capische? Have a nice day.

Uh, Dickhead, you say you'll get back to me after you finish your doctorate. Well that's your problem. You are one of the millions of stupidly ignorant, liberal socialist college kids who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I bet you wear your Antifa scarf/mask to class so people can't see what a chickenshit asshole you are. As to my wealth, doofus, let me put it to you this way.. I thought you were studying for your doctorate??? Hmm, apparently/obviously you are not very bright are you! I brought up the over two decades of purchasing season tickets to show/explain to you that I had every right to say what I want to about Pop. I have that right anyway but, since you are pretty dense I thought 'd give you a hint, i.e., a clue. But, that seemed to sail right through your empty noggin'. Funny that a guy like me knocking noggins playing football for 17 years, 7 of which were after my college playing days (NFL in case this is too deep for you, Bozo) still seems to have more sense, both commonsense and otherwise, than a little wimpy girlie-boy bleeding his parents dry of all their hard earned savings by staying in college. I bet you even still live in your parents basement. But, fear not, Comrade Sanders, Pocahontas Warren and Goofball Beto O'Dork want to give idiots like you free college education.

And for the record, I have praised Pop over the years but, the man has become way too stubborn, too hard headed and still hasn't gotten over himself. When dealing with the press during or after the game he is like a child (much like you). He comes across as though he is angry with the world. He can't seem to answer the simplest questions. His schtick has really become stale and boring although a kid like you probably gets sexually aroused as you try to find your little penis so you can try to play with yourself. Trouble is you need a Scanning Electron Microscope to find that quark size particle of yours.

BTW, asshole, that was no tantrum. You are the moron who got upset and threw a hissy fit temper tantrum over my original post. The only way you know that you have habanero tainted ass hairs is because you live with your Silly Putty filled head up your smelly ass 24/7/365. You don't like Texas or Texans? That makes me want to do backwards flips off a baby grand piano. You must be from limp wristed California, Vermont, New York or Massachusetts. That's par for the course. I hate to break this to you but, the old guy (Biden) won't make it to the finish line. You weirdos need to get rid of all the socialists running for POTUS. You wackos (are you old enough to vote?) are going to lose the House in 2020. Your party has gone way too far out in left field to get the ball back to home plate. You'll be lucky to get it to the 3rd baseman. That is baseball for a clueless dunderhead like you. Now buzz off, imbecile.

FWIW: I wouodn't advertise that you are working on your doctorate because you come across as a brain dead simpleton. Kind of embarrASSing, if you catch my drift....which you most likely do not.

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 06:49 AM
The Texas Rancher is up bright and early with a post. I suspect he has to wake up early in the morning because he has one of those things other posters (I won't name names) find mysterious and elusive - a job. :king

offset formation
05-01-2019, 07:25 AM
The Texas Rancher is up bright and early with a post. I suspect he has to wake up early in the morning because he has one of those things other posters (I won't name names) find mysterious and elusive - a job. :king

Oh, we have another MAGAt.

offset formation
05-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Uh, Dickhead, you say you'll get back to me after you finish your doctorate. Well that's your problem. You are one of the millions of stupidly ignorant, liberal socialist college kids who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I bet you wear your Antifa scarf/mask to class so people can't see what a chickenshit asshole you are. As to my wealth, doofus, let me put it to you this way.. I thought you were studying for your doctorate??? Hmm, apparently/obviously you are not very bright are you! I brought up the over two decades of purchasing season tickets to show/explain to you that I had every right to say what I want to about Pop. I have that right anyway but, since you are pretty dense I thought 'd give you a hint, i.e., a clue. But, that seemed to sail right through your empty noggin'. Funny that a guy like me knocking noggins playing football for 17 years, 7 of which were after my college playing days (NFL in case this is too deep for you, Bozo) still seems to have more sense, both commonsense and otherwise, than a little wimpy girlie-boy bleeding his parents dry of all their hard earned savings by staying in college. I bet you even still live in your parents basement. But, fear not, Comrade Sanders, Pocahontas Warren and Goofball Beto O'Dork want to give idiots like you free college education.

And for the record, I have praised Pop over the years but, the man has become way too stubborn, too hard headed and still hasn't gotten over himself. When dealing with the press during or after the game he is like a child (much like you). He comes across as though he is angry with the world. He can't seem to answer the simplest questions. His schtick has really become stale and boring although a kid like you probably gets sexually aroused as you try to find your little penis so you can try to play with yourself. Trouble is you need a Scanning Electron Microscope to find that quark size particle of yours.

BTW, asshole, that was no tantrum. You are the moron who got upset and threw a hissy fit temper tantrum over my original post. The only way you know that you have habanero tainted ass hairs is because you live with your Silly Putty filled head up your smelly ass 24/7/365. You don't like Texas or Texans? That makes me want to do backwards flips off a baby grand piano. You must be from limp wristed California, Vermont, New York or Massachusetts. That's par for the course. I hate to break this to you but, the old guy (Biden) won't make it to the finish line. You weirdos need to get rid of all the socialists running for POTUS. You wackos (are you old enough to vote?) are going to lose the House in 2020. Your party has gone way too far out in left field to get the ball back to home plate. You'll be lucky to get it to the 3rd baseman. That is baseball for a clueless dunderhead like you. Now buzz off, imbecile.

FWIW: I wouodn't advertise that you are working on your doctorate because you come across as a brain dead simpleton. Kind of embarrASSing, if you catch my drift....which you most likely do not.

Yeah, FWIW, that went right over my head.

As for Pop, he hasn't changed much. He's always been a prickly, curmudgeonly guy. What changed is as clear as day. Until the end of 2016, very few of us knew he was a liberal. And fewer of us knew the kind of ire he has for people like Trump as he started expressing, bravely, upon his election. Pop stuck his head out in a town full of military folks with a long history of voting conservative. Why? Because we have a dangerous, narcissistic, criminal inthe WH. And that's as clear as could be to anyone that wasn't born a political hack. So while Pop's not the ideal ambassador, he is what he is. A winner. And a GOAT coach. And any fool trying to run himoff ought tobe immediately thought a putz of the highest order.

As for your NFL days, am I supposed to be impressed or cowed by your successes and millions? Think I am some hipster in a coffee shop? Homey, I ran a 4.38 40. I could throw a baseball 90mph and a football 65 yards. Aside from an injury I could have gone on to other successes myself. You know how much more right that makes my argument of why you want Pop gone? Not one bit.

And I don't give a shit if it's Biden or Warren or Beto or whomever, I just want to see that fat Nectarine Nero rot in jail and have his children live in cardboard boxes for his crimes against this country. And if you've been paying attention to the news, that's where he'll be headed sooner or later. So with that, I bid you adieu.

Btw, you taking bets on the GOP takeover of the House?

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 07:49 AM
I did not name names - I was trying to be polite. I still managed to offend and trigger someone. Bummer.

Good luck with your future endeavors. :tu

offset formation
05-01-2019, 07:54 AM
I did not name names - I was trying to be polite. I still managed to offend and trigger someone. Bummer.

Good luck with your future endeavors. :tu

Geez, I wonder how I saw through that. Btw, if being called a Make America Great Againer is offensive, I suggest counseling. Clearly you find that shameful...as you should.

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Of course I disagree with the vast majority of Pop's political views. The options coming out from the demos for 2020 are pretty awful in a thousand different ways. Would not surprise me if Trump wins again. I am not a MAGA by the way. I voted for him because he was the better option between the two we had in 2016.

BTW, I am totally fine with Pop continuing to coach the Spurs. There is no question that he is still a great coach. That is his area of expertise.

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 08:04 AM
OS

You play the usual games of the left. Any opponent needs to seek counseling. Whatever. I guess that's all you've got.

Hopefully you will grow up as you gain life experience. I kind of feel sorry for you. Good luck to you.

sasaint
05-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Ya exactly. You reiterated my last post.

My solution if we stuck with Demar. Send him to the bench. An xfactor on offense. Get a 3 that can shoot and d. Then Djs shooting will be the only question mark going into next season for the SL

Of all conceivable solutions, this one is not bad. But it is only slightly more likely than trading Dumbmar. I just don't see him with his ego and contract coming off the bench. But I do like the idea of letting him get his against the other team's scrubs.

offset formation
05-01-2019, 08:14 AM
OS

You play the usual games of the left. Any opponent needs to seek counseling. Whatever. I guess that's all you've got.

Hopefully you will grow up as you gain life experience. I kind of feel sorry for you. Good luck to you.

Watch or read about the hearings today with Bill Barr in front of a Congressional committee. Then tell me again how you voted for the better option in 2016. I pity your ignorance and your belief that your life experiences have taught you a fucking thing.

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Ahhh. Fully triggered now. The rantings of a child - you cannot express a thought without profanity - are you one of those ANTIFA types? The individuals making up the bulk of that committee are incompetent fools. They are conducting an ineffective sideshow and have no interest in the truth - nothing more than tapping their toes and pointing their fingers for the next two years as a delaying tactic. They offer a big bag of nothing.

offset formation
05-01-2019, 08:51 AM
The mind of a MAGAt...either you are ANTIFA or MAGA. :rollin

Profanity?? Holmes, it was an adjective, not invective.
:rollin

Have you read the board???
:rollin

Get out of your bubble numbskull.
:lmao

Harry Callahan
05-01-2019, 04:55 PM
You call me a magat - and yet democrats are more likely to feed off of a living host. If fact, a bunch of you clowns can't take care of your own situation.

FWIW I did not vote for Trump in the primary - I preferred someone else. In the general, I preferred someone outside of the machine - Mrs. Clinton had stroked out a couple of times and and a TRULY corrupt human being. Does anyone actually like her? ANYONE? I don't think so. A horrible person and a horrible candidate.

I simply asked if you were Antifa - that's all. You may be a garden variety democrat or socialist (that line is blurred nowdays). You decided to label me and I asked you a simple question. You can label me without any basis in truth - yet you cannot stand being questioned about your affiliation.

When you state you don't care if six or seven people in the dimwit (I mean democratic socialist party) field win as long as trump loses. OK fine. You've really thought that through.

As far as profane word you used - you would think a worldly, enlightened person like you could perhaps demonstrate a more extensive vocabulary. Oh well. I guess I expected too much. Have a wonderful day!

Joseph Kony
05-01-2019, 05:06 PM
can you dummies take your lame discourse to the political forum? plenty of hurr durr trump sucks hurr durr hillary emails hurr durr talk down there

offset formation
05-01-2019, 06:04 PM
can you dummies take your lame discourse to the political forum? plenty of hurr durr trump sucks hurr durr hillary emails hurr durr talk down there

I try to stay away from it man. I do. But the transparency of the Pop disdain has a clear partisan demarcation that ought to be addressed, tbh. And my disdain for the MAGAts among us is only increasing with each day like today. Getting harder to bite my tongue. I'll do my best though.

And tbh, you picked a horribly despicable murderous thug political character and avatar from another country to represent yourself. Quite unbecoming. Why?

GreekSpursfan
05-01-2019, 06:44 PM

This 100%

UZER
05-01-2019, 07:19 PM
I try to stay away from it man. I do. But the transparency of the Pop disdain has a clear partisan demarcation that ought to be addressed, tbh. And my disdain for the MAGAts among us is only increasing with each day like today. Getting harder to bite my tongue. I'll do my best though.

And tbh, you picked a horribly despicable murderous thug political character and avatar from another country to represent yourself. Quite unbecoming. Why?

This is so stupid. All the spewed venom just because he doesn’t like Pop?

I personally hate Pop using his platform to go on political rants while at the same time treating the media that’s giving him that platform like shit and refusing to answer actual questions about his actual coaching job. He’s eating his cake and having it too. All the while preaching to his players to get over themselves.

But I hated his media antics way before I even knew he was a card carrying white privileged liberal making millions off the back of black athletes for over 20 years. Im just tired of his whole coaching and media shtik, period, not even related to his political rants.

With that said, he’s earned the right to leave when he wants to.

Slippy
05-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Of all conceivable solutions, this one is not bad. But it is only slightly more likely than trading Dumbmar. I just don't see him with his ego and contract coming off the bench. But I do like the idea of letting him get his against the other team's scrubs.

We probably have Patty next season too. He played way too many mins as PG . Allows patty to shift to the defacto sg role when Demar is on the court pretty much like how he shared mins with Manu .

ace3g
11-18-2019, 10:01 PM

https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1196596236511563776

SAGirl
11-19-2019, 08:58 AM
Yup