PDA

View Full Version : Bowen to coach at Cornerstone high school

lmbebo
04-29-2019, 09:56 PM
--Three-time NBA champion Bruce Bowen was hired as the basketball coach at Cornerstone Christian High School in San Antonio.
In an interview with television station KSAT, Bowen said he was excited about the opportunity and happy to have a chance to "teach them the fundamentals of the game."
Bowen, a 6-foot-7 forward, was a member of the San Antonio Spurs' championship teams in 2003, 2005 and 2007. An undrafted free agent from Cal State Fullerton, he entered the NBA in 1996 with Miami, and he also played for Boston and Philadelphia before landing in San Antonio, where he spent the final eight seasons of his career.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-notebook-popovich-talks-returning-010248957--nba.html

Spurtacular
04-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Big drop in pay and stature from NBA announcer.

:flipoff Kawhi

GusT15
04-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Preview of Bruce on his first timeout

https://media.giphy.com/media/l46CsyBPj9ajF9Y4M/giphy.gif

apalisoc_9
04-29-2019, 10:14 PM
--Three-time NBA champion Bruce Bowen was hired as the basketball coach at Cornerstone Christian High School in San Antonio.
In an interview with television station KSAT, Bowen said he was excited about the opportunity and happy to have a chance to "teach them the fundamentals of the game."
Bowen, a 6-foot-7 forward, was a member of the San Antonio Spurs' championship teams in 2003, 2005 and 2007. An undrafted free agent from Cal State Fullerton, he entered the NBA in 1996 with Miami, and he also played for Boston and Philadelphia before landing in San Antonio, where he spent the final eight seasons of his career.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-notebook-popovich-talks-returning-010248957--nba.html

damn.

This is why you don't bad mouth a superstar in the NBA. Specailly one your team is trying to sign :lol

Don't think he'll ever find a job in broadcasting, tbh.

random21
04-29-2019, 10:18 PM
He has a shitty attitude. Met him a while back. Prob more than just bad mouthing that cost him that job.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 10:18 PM
Bruce is a good guy I met him during ASG weekend in Charlotte. I wish him the best luck in this endeavor.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 10:19 PM
He has a shitty attitude. Met him a while back. Prob more than just bad mouthing that cost him that job.

That's shocking I met him at a bar during ASG weekend and he was super nice. He was super friendly when I told him I was a spurs fan. He was cool with everybody in the bar.

random21
04-29-2019, 10:32 PM
That's shocking I met him at a bar during ASG weekend and he was super nice. He was super friendly when I told him I was a spurs fan. He was cool with everybody in the bar.

Who knows what was up with him, but the guy was super stand offish with everybody. His chick was trying to sell her products and he was just on his phone, not wanting to talk to anybody. This was a few months ago. Wish him luck though.

SpurPadre
04-29-2019, 10:40 PM

At least he doesn't snub daughters like some faggot who can't play back to backs.

daslicer
04-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Who knows what was up with him, but the guy was super stand offish with everybody. His chick was trying to sell her products and he was just on his phone, not wanting to talk to anybody. This was a few months ago. Wish him luck though.

Interesting when I met him a few months ago he was super talkative and engaging with everybody in the bar. He was happy to take pictures with anybody who wanted to take a picture with him. Hell he made an extra effort to make sure I would get a good selfie with him after I told him I was a spurs fan. I guess it could have been the ASG atmosphere along with him possibly having a few drinks that caused him to be friendly. Who knows but I"m glad I caught him when he was in a good mood.

objective
04-29-2019, 11:01 PM
I was surprised he got the gig with the Clippers as it was. He was horrible in every other media he did. Zero charisma, zero insight related, nothing but the most generic blandness. He should have gone into coaching years ago. Let him do the unpaid internship like the other guys.

UZER
04-29-2019, 11:54 PM
I was surprised he got the gig with the Clippers as it was. He was horrible in every other media he did. Zero charisma, zero insight related, nothing but the most generic blandness. He should have gone into coaching years ago. Let him do the unpaid internship like the other guys.

That’s the Spurs way. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2019, 12:01 AM
Bruce is a pretty bright guy, and knows defense. I bet his teams will be fun to watch. He's made a lot of money, hopefully he's not taking on this gig because he needs a paycheck.

spurs10
04-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Bruce is a pretty bright guy, and knows defense. I bet his teams will be fun to watch. He's made a lot of money, hopefully he's not taking on this gig because he needs a paycheck. Indeed. He's a 3 time NBA champion and likely decided working with kids is a lot more rewarding than being a broadcaster, a job that isn't for everyone. Kenny, Shaq, and Chuck have a fun thing going on, but they can say what they want because they're not working for a team. Now Sean works for 'his team' so he probably loves it.

I'm sure Bruce is doing something to give back. He's not scrambling for rent. Very cool, he'll love it!

lmbebo
04-30-2019, 10:30 PM
Indeed. He's a 3 time NBA champion and likely decided working with kids is a lot more rewarding than being a broadcaster, a job that isn't for everyone. Kenny, Shaq, and Chuck have a fun thing going on, but they can say what they want because they're not working for a team. Now Sean works for 'his team' so he probably loves it.

I'm sure Bruce is doing something to give back. He's not scrambling for rent. Very cool, he'll love it!

I think they will be paying him pretty good there. School puts a lot of money into Sports. Hear things about them in terms of football -- coach they hired, recruiting players to the team (something about father and son).

urunobili
04-30-2019, 10:39 PM
He’s a great communicator. That’s a very important part of the gig. Hope he keeps growing from there!

pgardn
04-30-2019, 10:49 PM
Cornerstone...

I wonder if he is familiar with recruiting high school kids illegally.
And pledging allegiance to Israel.

What a weird gig...

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2019, 11:20 PM
What a nosedive for a former NBA player, coaching at a wack-job Xtian "school."
Here's his new boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoVJkeHuzuE