PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray in '19-'20 = Load Management 2.0 ?

spursistan
04-29-2019, 10:55 PM
From Jabari Young's article in the Athletic..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5Xt7CKWwAE8UG-.jpg1123057509416210433

- Yeah, folks here need to pump the brakes on this whole "we getting Dejounte back!" wagon.

- I am less hyped than others about this so-called young Spurs core (Murray, Derrick Walker) because of two things: (a) They don't have ( or don't project to have) Top level talent (b) All three are injury-prone..

offset formation
04-29-2019, 11:05 PM
I'll kind of grant you B. But any of the three not only could be, but are likely to be, All-Stars at some point in their careers.

So define Top Level. Perennial All-Stars? What if they are cumulatively bad ass?

DMC
04-29-2019, 11:06 PM
Bend over, I'll show you load management

SuperCam
04-29-2019, 11:33 PM
I'll kind of grant you B. But any of the three not only could be, but are likely to be, All-Stars at some point in their careers.

not really. no season long stat line they've put up suggests a trajectory of anything more than a mid level positional starter league wide. they aren't touching frauden or steph or lillard any time soon, and will be facing pgs putting up big stats like beastbrook, jamal murray, booker and fox.

DJR210
04-29-2019, 11:39 PM

:lmao

JeffDuncan
04-29-2019, 11:51 PM
Permaban that faggot OP. He does not belong here.

John B
04-30-2019, 04:36 AM
From Jabari Young's article in the Athletic..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5Xt7CKWwAE8UG-.jpg1123057509416210433

- Yeah, folks here need to pump the brakes on this whole "we getting Dejounte back!" wagon.

- I am less hyped than others about this so-called young Spurs core (Murray, Derrick Walker) because of two things: (a) They don't have ( or don't project to have) Top level talent (b) All three are injury-prone..
I remember that picture when Pop pretty much left it to Aldridge and Demar to lead the team after a humiliating start of the season. Spurs bounced back after that and made to 7 games against a pretty good team, down the wire. Just moments after the no foul on Jokic, I was frustrated by how far my Spurs fell from the winning culture, to a team who cannot even execute a foul when the season was on the line. But looking at that picture, Spurs indeed made a leap into a playoff team, albeit a little short at the end. And there’s only reason to believe they will improve this Summer even more. This is no longer the Big 3, but a totally different Spurs team trying to find their own identity. I look forward to the next season. Spurs will be back, much better.

TrainOfThought5
04-30-2019, 06:17 AM

LMAO

exstatic
04-30-2019, 06:26 AM
:lol. People falling for YNGWHI’s shit. He’s straight up trolling peeps here at ST, because we constantly trash Nephew for load management. MOST players on a Pop ream get time off during the season, 5-10 games. THIS IS NOT NEWS.

Play Boban
04-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Poor man's load management. At least Kawhitter is a really good player when he's on the floor. Instagram Baller is just a scrub.

monty4329
04-30-2019, 06:39 AM

So define Top Level. Perennial All-Stars? What if they are cumulatively bad ass?

You are aware that there are only a handful of All-Stars each year, I suppose....How Walker can get into an All-Star game is a mystery, tbh

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2019, 07:14 AM
comparing a scrub who hasnt done shit worth mentioning to quitter?

offset formation
04-30-2019, 08:29 AM
You are aware that there are only a handful of All-Stars each year, I suppose....How Walker can get into an All-Star game is a mystery, tbh

Yeah I did actually mean to type All-NBA, as DJ was with his 2nd Team Defense. Brain fart. I think they definitely could all reach that for sure
Hell, White might get that this year himself, too. Then it would just be up to Walker. And I do think an All-Star year or two are not out of the question for any of them.

exstatic
04-30-2019, 08:38 AM

Walker is going to shock the shit out of people next year.

SAGirl
04-30-2019, 08:46 AM
All 3 Injury prone indeed.

I suspect Spurs have become very sensitive to managing a potential media circus when someone is struggling with rehab after the Kawhi situation. Pop always consulted with his players on rest games. I remember more than one Manu column referencing Pop wanting him to rest more games or more minutes and him wanting to play. I don't think there's been any changes in how they manage rest games but there may be a change in how they manage media circus around it. Hopefully Murray doesn't turn out like Kiwi, but they are telling us beforehand that how much he rests is up to him and his body.

Atl Spur
04-30-2019, 09:26 AM

I totally agree!

objective
04-30-2019, 09:47 AM

Yeah, shocked that he's behind Marco and Mills in the rotation

exstatic
04-30-2019, 10:03 AM

Don't confuse having to play someone with wanting to play someone. By all accounts, LW IV was scheduled to get minutes THIS season. His meniscus tear destroyed any chance at that by costing him training camp. As a young player in this system, you NEED training camp, plus time in Austin, to absorb the system.

Anyway, we'll see who's right, next season.

Dex
04-30-2019, 10:12 AM

But all that corporate knowledge really paid off when we needed to foul down 4!

bklynspursfan
04-30-2019, 11:04 AM
All 3 Injury prone indeed.

I suspect Spurs have become very sensitive to managing a potential media circus when someone is struggling with rehab after the Kawhi situation. Pop always consulted with his players on rest games. I remember more than one Manu column referencing Pop wanting him to rest more games or more minutes and him wanting to play. I don't think there's been any changes in how they manage rest games but there may be a change in how they manage media circus around it. Hopefully Murray doesn't turn out like Kiwi, but they are telling us beforehand that how much he rests is up to him and his body.

I think it was last off-season he said he wouldn't rest his older guys as much, and was listening to the science more now. Kinda showed this year, Aldridge played 81 games, DeMar missed some with an injury, but he played 77.

Hopefully they limit the amount of back to backs and 4 games in 5 nights scenarios as much as possible.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-30-2019, 11:10 AM
It'd be shocking if a player returning from a torn acl doesn't get some games off. There are dudes in the league who miss 20-30 games due to a bruised thigh.

RC_Drunkford
04-30-2019, 11:16 AM
would love to see load management for Patty Mills. Especially in the playoffs. Pop even plays him injured smh. He should hide in Australia with the kangaroos and demand a trade

SpurSpike
04-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Damn Kawhi really did do a number on the minds of some fans here...

Just because they are being cautious does not make him load management 2.0. They said they will leave it up to DJ and he is hungry to play and prove himself after Whites performance this year I don't think we have to worry about this too much, at least not yet anyway.

Plus this article is from Jabarri Young. Hes probably still making subtle excuses for Kawhi tbh, by implying that DJ should get rest.

exstatic
04-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Damn Kawhi really did do a number on the minds of some fans here...

Just because they are being cautious does not make him load management 2.0. They said they will leave it up to DJ and he is hungry to play and prove himself after Whites performance this year I don't think we have to worry about this too much, at least not yet anyway.

Plus this article is from Jabarri Young. Hes probably still making subtle excuses for Kawhi tbh, by implying that DJ should get rest.

Yeah, Jabari/YNGWHI just trollin'.

DJR210
04-30-2019, 12:44 PM

:lol :tu

FvckMavs
04-30-2019, 12:54 PM
It'd be shocking if a player returning from a torn acl doesn't get some games off. There are dudes in the league who miss 20-30 games due to a bruised thigh.

We've all witnessed one player missing 73 games, due to a fake injury.

cd98
04-30-2019, 01:15 PM
The Spurs have some nice, young talent. But the only reason we made the playoffs is because we have LMA and Demar Derozen. You take those two off the roster, and we are a lottery team. The Spurs drafted pieces that can help, but without a superstar, we aren't going anywhere. In fact, the best we could do is what the Clippers are right now, and that's best case scenario and finding mediocre talent that can score like Lou Williams.