PDA

View Full Version : Report: Coleman to re-sign with 76ers

ducks
08-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Tuesday, August 5
Report: Coleman to re-sign with 76ers
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services
Derrick Coleman, who played his best basketball in years with the Philadelphia 76ers last season, will stay in Philadelphia.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Coleman

The 36-year-old Coleman has reached an agreement on a two-year contract worth $10 million to $12 million, team sources told The Philadelphia Inquirer on Monday.

With Todd MacCulloch's absence due to a rare disease last season, Coleman volunteered to play out of position and start at center. The 6-foot-10, 270-pounder averaged 9.4 points and 7.0 rebounds a game during the regular season but played like the Coleman of old in the postseason.

Coleman helped the 76ers eliminate the New Orleans Hornets in the first round of the playoffs by averaging 10.7 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks. In Philadelphia's Eastern Conference semifinal series loss to the Detroit Pistons, Coleman averaged a double-double -- 16.5 points and 11.0 rebounds -- recording 14 points and 15 boards in a 95-82 victory that evened the series at 2-2.

The 76ers acquired a center -- Marc Jackson from Minnesota -- in last month's four-team trade that brought Glenn Robinson from Atlanta. Initially, the team hoped Sacramento would join the blockbuster deal as a fifth team so Keon Clark could be shipped to Philadelphia.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

*ESPN Tools
Email story
Most sent

scoop (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1590746)

DuffMcCartney
08-05-2003, 07:00 PM
All the Mavs fans are probably flipping out...they wanted to get this has been...

SequSpur
09-10-2003, 12:36 AM
You see, this is an example of a BULLSHIT TOPIC.

Adrienne18
09-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Duff, don't get mad at me, but honestly, why does everything anyone posts somehow relate to "stupid Mavs fans"? You're team just won a championship, you'd think you'd be more focused on that.

DuffMcCartney
09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Damn, you scrolled all the way back to a topic a month old just to tell me this?.....Wow..what I did to deserve this....:spin

LittleGeneral
09-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Good news.

www.warrioragape.com/musi..._remix.mp3 (http://www.warrioragape.com/music/pod_will_you_tweaker_remix.mp3)