PDA

View Full Version : ESPN still a bunch of jerks

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2005, 10:14 PM
In NBA shootaround they listed the biggest offseason happenings as Amare's injuries, the Heat moves, and the coaching changes of NY and LA.(I think that's just cause of the games tonight) No metioning of the biggest free agent signing.

BTW. the Kings' new jerseys looks like crappy knockoff Laker jerseys you would buy at a flea market. I expect to see Bryant on the back of them.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Sac took that design from the ucla bruins b-ball team.

Pistons < Spurs
10-28-2005, 11:19 PM
In NBA shootaround they listed the biggest offseason happenings as Amare's injuries, the Heat moves, and the coaching changes of NY and LA.(I think that's just cause of the games tonight) No metioning of the biggest free agent signing.

I agree. Thats a load of crap. ESPN is retarded.

LOL!

Vashner
10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
ESPN, CNN etc... they all suck.....
When the Spurs won last year they changed the Sports NBA section headline to some 05 draft dude (an unknown).. about 12 hours after we won.

JamStone
10-29-2005, 12:17 AM
It amazes me how it's always the "fans" that get mad about disrespect. I bet you Coach Pop, Michael Finley, Tim, Manu and the rest aren't that concerned about not getting AS MUCH pub for Finley's signing. When he did sign, there was a lot of noise about it.

And, Miami's blockbuster trade, Amare's injuries, and LA signing Phil Jackson and NY signing Larry Brown as coaches ... ALL OF THOSE are bigger news stories than Michael Finley signing with the Spurs.

E20
10-29-2005, 12:51 AM
They got Antoine Walker. The man who fucks up everything.

And a white PG who thinks he is black.

JamStone
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM

I can't believe in this day and age and the pervasive impact of hip hop culture on this generation that people still have to make comments like the one above.

And, I don't think many Spurs fans would like a comment by someone saying Tim Duncan thinks he is white.

I think either statement is unnecessary, especially because they don't really have to do with basketball.

Vashner
10-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Didn't we kick your teams ass recently?

... thank you .. drive thru.

T Park
10-29-2005, 01:04 AM
lol.

Jamstone, Mr Politically correct.

Buzz off.

When he did sign, there was a lot of noise about it.

There was??

LOL, what, about half a second on ESPNEWS, and michaelfinleysignswiththespurs

UP NEXT ON ESPNEWS

How the Miami Heat won the NBA Title by getting the most selfish player in basketball!!

A 2 hour diagram of the trade coming up.,

THATS how it went, so get bent Piston fan.

E20
10-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Are you denying that then Jamstone?

I don't have a personal problem with how he expresses himself. But, this is America, and I can make harmless fun if I want too.

Only in America. God Bless America.

BTW, Timmy has a 'fro. You can't call someone caucasian if they have a 'fro. :fro

JamStone
10-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Wow ... I wasn't even trying to be hostile.

So, you Spurs fans really want a whole bunch of fanfare for everything you do? You need affirmation that much? Silly me thinking the defending championship Spurs didn't need critics they don't like anyway to kiss their ass for improving their team.

You have the best team in the league. You got stronger with your additions. And, it isn't enough. Boo-hoo.

And, yes, you beat the Pistons. You already had your parade. What's your point?

E20
10-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Wow ... I wasn't even trying to be hostile.

So, you Spurs fans really want a whole bunch of fanfare for everything you do? You need affirmation that much? Silly me thinking the defending championship Spurs didn't need critics they don't like anyway to kiss their ass for improving their team.

You have the best team in the league. You got stronger with your additions. And, it isn't enough. Boo-hoo.

And, yes, you beat the Pistons. You already had your parade. What's your point?

Come on now, your on a Spurs board as a Pistons fan. Relax, it's the interent; people crack insults and jokes all the time. It's more natural than breathing.

JamStone
10-29-2005, 01:15 AM

I don't have a personal problem with expressing his beliefs. But, this is America, and I can make fun of if I want too.

No, I don't deny your comment.

Actually, I shouldn't have even said anything. You have freedom of speech and are more than entitled to express your opinion.

It's just one of those things that kind of irks me to hear people like that ... "Oh, he acts 'black'" or "he talks 'white.'" Comments like that just personally don't sit well with me.

Like I said, I shouldn't have even commented.

E20
10-29-2005, 01:18 AM
No, I don't deny your comment.

Actually, I shouldn't have even said anything. You have freedom of speech and are more than entitled to express your opinion.

It's just one of those things that kind of irks me to hear people like that ... "Oh, he acts 'black'" or "he talks 'white.'" Comments like that just personally don't sit well with me.

Like I said, I shouldn't have even commented.

I don't know how old you are, but with the younger generation talk like this is quite normal and isn't meant to be offense. Youngsters 'Hellos' now-a-days are turning into:

I ripped your mom last night.

sprrs
10-29-2005, 01:20 AM

Those were the biggest stories of the summer. . . .

Fin and Nick coming to the Spurs were pretty important in that they added a great deal of depth to our roster, but the team was already strong enough to win the title so they're not going to have a major impact on their team like all those other stories do

JamStone
10-29-2005, 01:24 AM
E20,

I could go into detail why I'm bothered by the comment, but it's not that big of a deal and I don't want to clutter up your messageboard with a topic like this. You made the comment. It's not my place to criticize it. We can drop it.

By the way, I'm 28 years old. I am quite familiar with the slang of this younger generation. I don't like how kids act and talk these days at all. I think our youth is being more and more exposed to negative and detrimental attitudes of disrespect. But, that's just me.

SmotPoker
10-29-2005, 01:35 AM
I know pop would say, who cares what we did in the past, the future is now. But is it so bad that us spurs fan what alittle bit of recognition? The lack of talk about the world champions would make you think that there was a nba lockout last year.

SmotPoker
10-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Speaking of commercials, has anyone seen t-mac new commercial? I like it, although the game in which the story took place was against us.

milkyway21
10-29-2005, 03:48 AM

I think the BIGgest story in the summer is the signing of the new CBA or the "Allan Houston Rule" when Mike Finley became a free agent (not the Knick Allan Houston), and the team Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, Spurs, Wolves, Suns & Nuggets were interested to lure into their teams. Period.
Injuries and FA signing happens anyday. Trades too! Coaches leave and sign to another teams is not a headline esp if you just lost in the finals.

It's not everyday players in the NBA became a free agent &still gets the dough. ->$$$$$$. Ask Cuban.

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2005, 07:22 AM
I'd like to point out the Jason Williams doesn't think he's black. He thinks he's African American.

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2005, 09:40 AM
who gives....

Solid D
10-29-2005, 10:47 AM
The Spurs are getting all kinds of play. It's no biggie if ESPN gives others love.

The Pistons are a better example of an underpublicized team, considering their talent and record the past couple of seasons.

I can't believe in this day and age and the pervasive impact of hip hop culture on this generation that people still have to make comments like the one above.

And, I don't think many Spurs fans would like a comment by someone saying Tim Duncan thinks he is white.

I think either statement is unnecessary, especially because they don't really have to do with basketball.

He may not actually think he's black but let's be real...he's called "White Chocolate".

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Some of y'all need to get over your inferiority complex.

The ESPN family (ESPN, ABC) has billions invested in the NBA. They need to hype the product and get people to tune in, that's what it's all about.

If they came out and said the best team in basketball got even better and is a lock for the title, people wouldn't tune in.

It's called marketing, not being jerks, assholes, etc.

Quit coming off as a bunch of whiny small town wannabes, shut up, sit back and enjoy what's going to be a very fun time to be a Spurs fan.

I'm out.

Gatita
10-29-2005, 11:59 AM

What? Tim is not white? :wow

zeleni
10-29-2005, 01:29 PM

I don't have a personal problem with how he expresses himself. But, this is America, and I can make harmless fun if I want too.

BTW, Timmy has a 'fro. You can't call someone caucasian if they have a 'fro. :fro

hey, I had a 'fro, and that doesn't mean anything. And I really had a big ugly afro on me. No joking.

Solid D
10-29-2005, 01:47 PM
FWIW, ESPN the Magazine's four NBA analysts - Greg Anthony, Tim Legler, Matt Winer, and Stephen A. Smith unanimously predict the Spurs to win the NBA Title (yes all 4 of them).