PDA

View Full Version : 30 April 2020

a777pilot
04-30-2019, 09:12 PM
By this time next year 37 states will have had their primaries. Over 65% of all votes will have been counted. Therefore, not counting the fraud, vis-a-vis Hillary, of the Super Delegates, we ought to know who the Democrat Presidential Nominee will be.

Take a WAG*. Who do you think and who do you want to be that person?

I'll Start: I think it will be Biden. I want it to be Sanders.

*WAG...Wild Ass Guess.

spurraider21
04-30-2019, 09:26 PM
want warren

FrostKing
05-01-2019, 05:14 AM
I might vote Conservative

change my mind

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 08:34 AM
There are no Conservative Democrats.

Will Hunting
05-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Biden, Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg all come to mind.

The only candidates I’d refer to as true liberals are Sanders, Tulsi, Warren and Inslee.

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 09:51 AM

The only candidates I’d refer to as true liberals are Sanders, Tulsi, Warren and Inslee.

I appreciate your answer but, really, you think those you mentioned are conservative?

Will Hunting
05-01-2019, 09:54 AM
I appreciate your answer but, really, you think those you mentioned are conservative?
On economic issues, yes. They have their of wedge issues that they’re liberal on (gay marriage, abortion, etc) but when push comes to shove they’re center right on stuff like healthcare, taxes and banking regulations.

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 10:00 AM
On economic issues, yes. They have their of wedge issues that they’re liberal on (gay marriage, abortion, etc) but when push comes to shove they’re center right on stuff like healthcare, taxes and banking regulations.

I tend to disagree.

All of those want single payer healthcare run by the federal government. That is way far from center right.

All of those want to raise vice lower taxes. Again, far from center right.

Banking regulations? You've got me there. I have little knowledge of banking. Maybe you could help by giving me a simple lesson in banking regs.

The only thing I know about banking screw ups is that stupid banking bailout of 2008. That should never have happened. I also say that was an example of the Golden Rule.....those with the gold, rule.

Will Hunting
05-01-2019, 10:34 AM
I tend to disagree.

All of those want single payer healthcare run by the federal government. That is way far from center right.

All of those want to raise vice lower taxes. Again, far from center right.

Banking regulations? You've got me there. I have little knowledge of banking. Maybe you could help by giving me a simple lesson in banking regs.

The only thing I know about banking screw ups is that stupid banking bailout of 2008. That should never have happened. I also say that was an example of the Golden Rule.....those with the gold, rule.
They don't all want single payer. Biden has made the same horseshit argument for "choice" that the insurance industry shills have been promoting for decades. You know it's phony when Kamala Harris says she wants it too because she has no detail or plan with respect to how it would be implemented, she just shouts medicare for all! to convince people she's a real progressive.

The fact they want to restore tax rates to where they were under Clinton vs. where they are now doesn't make them "way far from center right", it makes them center right just like Clinton was. "Way far from center right" would be advocating to restore tax rates to where they were in the 50s and 60s.

You already said it on banking, the 2008 bailout was center right corporatism that Democrats like FDR and JFK would have never been in favor of. All of the candidates I mentioned are/would have been in favor of the bailout.

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 10:37 AM
WH, we agree on the bailout stupidity.

I appreciate your thoughts.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Supporting the Green Dream doesn't make them economically conservative.

Will Hunting
05-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Supporting the Green Dream doesn't make them economically conservative.
Which of the ones I listed are supporting the green dream?

hater
05-01-2019, 11:29 AM

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-partitioning-iraq-is-inevitable-as-shown-by-history-joe-biden-136-72-52.jpg

rjv
05-01-2019, 11:31 AM
it will likely be obama 2.0 (or bill clinton 3.0). another win for neoliberalism.

hater
05-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Biden must not be allowed near the white house. Sadly he would be a Hillary 2.0 or worse.

as long as Average Joe loses I'm actually ok with the rest (probably with exception of Kamala)

not because the rest are any good but because Bides is SOOOOOOOO terrible it makes me fucking nervous

I'd say the chances are:
Biden 50%
Bernie 20%
Warren 20%
other 10% (hopefully Tulsi but probably Kamala or booker)

rjv
05-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Biden must not be allowed near the white house. Sadly he would be a Hillary 2.0 or worse.

as long as Average Joe loses I'm actually ok with the rest (probably with exception of Kamala)

not because the rest are any good but because Bides is SOOOOOOOO terrible it makes me fucking nervous

I'd say the chances are:
Biden 50%
Bernie 20%
Warren 20%

i wouldn't want harris or booker either. and those odds seem pretty spot on although i'd have sanders a slight margin above warren as women seem to be polling poorly compared to men. beto is in for a rude awakening. tulsi is the one that should be getting the attention of the party, but she will be ignored by the vast majority of the party's uninformed voters and abandoned by the media and the DNC.

hater
05-01-2019, 11:43 AM
i wouldn't want harris or booker either. and those odds seem pretty spot on although i'd have sanders a slight margin above warren as women seem to be polling poorly compared to men. beto is in for a rude awakening. tulsi is the one that should be getting the attention of the party, but she will be ignored by the vast majority of the party's uninformed voters and abandoned by the media and the DNC.

Tulsi would be amazing if she could get in the conversation. They won't let her. they will destroy her. Only hope is she joins Bernie or Warren. Either would be an amazing ticket.

Any of the others I mentioned would be fucking terrible but compared to Biden they would be acceptable. I repeat Biden must not be allowed near the white house. I picture him as Gen. Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove. The general in this scene:

vuP6KbIsNK4

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Which of the ones I listed are supporting the green dream?

The ones I bolded are on record supporting it.

rjv
05-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Tulsi would be amazing if she could get in the conversation. They won't let her. they will destroy her. Only hope is she joins Bernie or Warren. Either would be an amazing ticket.

Any of the others I mentioned would be fucking terrible but compared to Biden they would be acceptable. I repeat Biden must not be allowed near the white house. I picture him as Gen. Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove. The general in this scene:

vuP6KbIsNK4

great film and solid comparison. bernie and gubbard would be a great ticket-or warren and gubbard. but i agree that the DNC would never allow it.

Will Hunting
05-01-2019, 11:57 AM

I'd say the chances are:
Biden 50%
Bernie 20%
Warren 20%
I'm optimistic Biden flames out sooner rather than later. His lead should be a lot higher than it is just off name recognition alone.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2019, 12:01 PM
I'm optimistic Biden flames out sooner rather than later. His lead should be a lot higher than it is just off name recognition alone.

Warren should have equal name recognition with Biden and she isn't doing shit. She can't even break 10% in the polls.

rjv
05-01-2019, 12:11 PM

the advantages that biden has are the support of the demographic that votes the most (over 50 and the disciples of hillary and obama) and corporate america. lifetime centrist and lobbyist stuart eizenstat has already jumped aboard the biden campaign. hopefully, sanders and warren combined can bring biden down.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2019, 12:16 PM
the advantages that biden has are the support of the demographic that votes the most (over 50 and the disciples of hillary and obama) and corporate america. lifetime centrist and lobbyist stuart eizenstat has already jumped aboard the biden campaign. hopefully, sanders and warren combined can bring biden down.

So far Biden has taken the high road and not attacked Bernie, while Bernie is going all in attacking Biden. Negative campaigns don't normally play well in Iowa and the midwest.

rjv
05-01-2019, 12:24 PM
So far Biden has taken the high road and not attacked Bernie, while Bernie is going all in attacking Biden. Negative campaigns don't normally play well in Iowa and the midwest.

that's one way to put it.

hater
05-01-2019, 12:32 PM
that's one way to put it.

true

Biden coming out attacking free healthcare, tuition and stuff like that might make it a short campaign season for him. DNC is terrified of Bernie they are hoping he either drops dead by next year or they can do the same thing they did in 2016 to him and he stays quiet

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 12:34 PM
true

Biden coming out attacking free healthcare, tuition and stuff like that might make it a short campaign season for him. DNC is terrified of Bernie they are hoping he either drops dead by next year or they can do the same thing they did in 2016 to him and he stays quiet

Hillary, 2020!

Tan, rested and available.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2019, 01:11 PM
it's pretty nauseating that our 2020 choice could very well come down to Bernie or Trump.

a777pilot
05-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Then it will be Trump. Good. I plan on voting for Trump in 2020.

Don't like that? Then show me an alternative.

ChumpDumper
05-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Don't like that? Then show me an alternative.lol there is no alternative for angry old white guys

hater
05-01-2019, 01:42 PM
it's pretty nauseating that our 2020 choice could very well come down to Bernie or Trump.

Biden vs. Trump is even more nauseating.

Almost as much as HIllary vs. Trump was

spurraider21
05-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Don't like that? Then show me an alternative.
oh you plan on voting for trump if bernie is the opponent.

ok, so lets rule out bernie. what candidate on earth would you vote for over trump?