PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla: King of the Monsters

rjv
05-01-2019, 11:09 AM
been a fan since i was five. i've been looking forward to this film as much as i was for endgame and wick III. any other zilla fans in here? any expectations for the movie?

spurraider21
05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
I’m excited. The trailers make it look over the top mindless action but there’s a good enough cast that i still think it will be good

rjv
05-01-2019, 12:40 PM
i see it as a version of 'destroy all monsters' based on what i've seen of the trailer. it should make up for the chief complaint of godzilla 2014, which was that there wasn't enough godzilla.

Chinook
05-01-2019, 12:44 PM
I'm a big Ghidorah fan despite homeboy having no arms, so I'm really excited to see what he does in this movie. I also have fond memories of that Godzilla fighting game for the Gamecube.

DPG21920
05-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Looks beautiful. Regardless of the quality of the acting, this is like THE modern day blockbuster monster film where we are blessed with incredible technology.

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Looks beautiful. Regardless of the quality of the acting, this is like THE modern day blockbuster monster film where we are blessed with incredible technology.

Hoping for the best, but...

What's the best CGI film monster?
Despite all the techno skull-fuckery, IMO a compelling CGI monster has yet to be created.

benefactor
05-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Pacific Rim was legit too though...the first one anyway

DPG21920
05-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Pacific Rim was legit too though...the first one anyway

Yeah it was - really good. But this seems on another level in terms of scale imo.

DJR210
05-02-2019, 12:57 AM
I liked the last one, even though it took forever to pick up.. this will be more of the same :tu

Avant
05-02-2019, 03:09 AM
Love the monsters just not Godzilla.

The original was ok but the rest have sucked. And all that Mothra etc stuff......yuck.

What I want to know is what happened to mama Kong? As we know....Son of Kong....so where was mama?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-02-2019, 07:20 AM
i see it as a version of 'destroy all monsters' based on what i've seen of the trailer. it should make up for the chief complaint of godzilla 2014, which was that there wasn't enough godzilla.

Let's hope it's more like Final Wars lol.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Hoping for the best, but...

What's the best CGI film monster?
Despite all the techno skull-fuckery, IMO a compelling CGI monster has yet to be created.

There's some truth to this.

The Gemini Method
05-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Really ecstatic about this one. I remember being a kid and checking out the Godzilla books over and over again from the local library. Also remember when they would have the Godzilla marathon on KTLA 5 for New Year's Eve and would watch the various editions of the lovable lizard. Such battles like Godzilla v. Mecha-Godzilla Godzilla v. Hedorah, Godzilla v. King Ghidorah. I hope this one is good. Either way, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

rjv
05-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Love the monsters just not Godzilla.

The original was ok but the rest have sucked. And all that Mothra etc stuff......yuck.

What I want to know is what happened to mama Kong? As we know....Son of Kong....so where was mama?

what made the mothra stuff so unbearable was the creepy little twins that always spoke for mothra. that was sheer nonsense.

rjv
05-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Really ecstatic about this one. I remember being a kid and checking out the Godzilla books over and over again from the local library. Also remember when they would have the Godzilla marathon on KTLA 5 for New Year's Eve and would watch the various editions of the lovable lizard. Such battles like Godzilla v. Mecha-Godzilla Godzilla v. Hedorah, Godzilla v. King Ghidorah. I hope this one is good. Either way, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

yeah. godzilla was a huge part of my childhood cinematic and magazine reading universe.

rjv
05-02-2019, 10:52 AM

exactly what i thought. at the very least, it should be visually stunning.

Mugen
05-02-2019, 10:56 AM
My most anticipated movie of the year tbh. I actually really enjoyed the first Godzilla despite the human characters being terrible and having too much screen time.

This one looks legit.

chunticakes
05-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Who is watching this tomorrow? Reviews are generally mixed but idgaf. I'm gonna see this Friday and enjoy the shit out of it like Avante enjoyed those kids in Nam.

DJR210
05-29-2019, 09:36 PM
I won't see it tomorrow, but would like to see it at the theater at some point. I have always enjoyed Godzilla movies, and the last one was pretty good

LaMarcus Bryant
05-30-2019, 07:33 AM
I will watch it but it will probably stink.

FrostKing
05-30-2019, 12:51 PM
I think I watched the previous and it was fine. Not necessarily something I'd sit and watch a second time.

Haven't done Hollywood since the Mary Poppins film. Still need to go see Wick 3.

With so much good foreign content on Netflix, it is difficult to find the motivation for Hollywood

The Gemini Method
05-31-2019, 12:29 PM
I was a huge fan of this Monsterverse. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It's a Godzilla movie, but the nostalgic factor of having the likes of Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra was great. It's a summer flick. I'll probably watch it again due to how I was a huge fan of the monster.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-31-2019, 01:24 PM
I was a huge fan of this Monsterverse. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It's a Godzilla movie, but the nostalgic factor of having the likes of Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra was great. It's a summer flick. I'll probably watch it again due to how I was a huge fan of the monster.

Prob peep it on IMAX tonight.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Prob peep it on IMAX tonight.
Probably a good call to see it in IMAX. I saw it in Dolby 3D as it was the only time I could catch it and the IMAX is only 3 times starting today (Friday).

DJR210
05-31-2019, 04:46 PM
IMAX or nothing IMO..

SpursforSix
05-31-2019, 07:58 PM
yeah. godzilla was a huge part of my childhood cinematic and magazine reading universe.

Bend over, I’ll fucking give you a huge part.

CitizenDwayne
06-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Ugh wow...surprisingly bad

LaMarcus Bryant
06-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Yeah movie was pretty damn cool on IMAX

spurraider21
06-24-2019, 08:36 PM
just saw it this weekend.

the visuals/effects were off the charts... it was certainly a spectacle. however, i'm fairly convinced that the script of this movie was literally written in crayon by a 7 year old letting his imagination run wild. even in the context of a kaiju flick, the movie was horrendously stupid. a pretty fall far from grace from the godzilla movie a few years ago. they grossly over-compensated following the "not enough godzilla" criticisms from the first flick. within about 45 minutes you're already pretty desensitized to the wild battles and stuff.

the monsters were basically all pretty badass, the fighting was cool, but the movie overall was bad... very bad. they completely wasted Charles Dance tbh, not sure why he took up this movie, unless he just saw an easy paycheck, which i dont blame him for doing