PDA

View Full Version : Clippers @Clipppernation..

apalisoc_9
05-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Congrats breh...

Kawhi Personal Trainer Just tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/CPSAWorkouts/status/1124114368164007938

Rosewood
05-02-2019, 09:38 PM
You're a retard.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2019, 09:40 PM
https://twitter.com/CPSAWorkouts/status/1124135686280364032

Bynumite
05-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Kiwi is gone regardless of team success, he just wants to come home. He had no problem leaving a WCF team, so i don't know why people still think the raptors playoff success is a factor in his decision.

daslicer
05-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Kiwi is gone regardless of team success, he just wants to come home. He had no problem leaving a WCF team, so i don't know why people still think the raptors playoff success is a factor in his decision.

Agreed he's leaving regardless whether or not the Raptors win a title.

midnightpulp
05-02-2019, 09:58 PM

Think he takes the Clippers over the hump?

apalisoc_9
05-02-2019, 09:59 PM
https://www.thecoli.com/attachments/upload_2019-5-2_22-44-19-png.25648/

This dude getting loyalty minutes ::lmao

Midgets have no place in the NBA..When will these coaches learn

Bynumite
05-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Think he takes the Clippers over the hump?

Depends on who else they can get. Harden-lite playing 2nd banana to Kiwi is not gonna cut it :lol

Clipper Nation
05-02-2019, 10:21 PM
https://twitter.com/CPSAWorkouts/status/1124135686280364032

:lol I was literally just about to post this tweet in the game thread. Yeah, I think it's safe to say he's leaving Toronto at this point, unless the entire rest of the Raptors' team remembers how to play basketball long enough for them to make the Finals.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2019, 10:27 PM
:lol I was literally just about to post this tweet in the game thread. Yeah, I think it's safe to say he's leaving Toronto at this point, unless the entire rest of the Raptors' team remembers how to play basketball long enough for them to make the Finals.

It's really Nurse Lowry/Vanfleet/Powell Lineups.

They're overwhelmed. Powell is 6'3 and both vanfleet and Lowry are under 6'0.

In both games 2 and 3, the sixeres made their runs in the start of the 2nd and strart of the 4th with a combination of these lineups.

And even in game 1 this was an obvious issue.

JVG said it best though,

He might have to play kawhi 45+ and Green 40+. No excuses.

Vanfleet is almost averaging 20 minutes.

Thats not going to win you games.

Clipper Nation
05-02-2019, 10:37 PM
It's really Nurse Lowry/Vanfleet/Powell Lineups.

They're overwhelmed. Powell is 6'3 and both vanfleet and Lowry are under 6'0.

In both games 2 and 3, the sixeres made their runs in the start of the 2nd and strart of the 4th with a combination of these lineups.

And even in game 1 this was an obvious issue.

JVG said it best though,

He might have to play kawhi 45+ and Green 40+. No excuses.

Vanfleet is almost averaging 20 minutes.

Thats not going to win you games.

Raptors fans are blaming Nurse, but I'm not really sure what they're expecting him to do. Their bench has scored a total of 30 points in the series, Lowry is in playoff mode and Gasol is looking washed. The only thing you can really complain about is Kawhi's minutes. It's like he's forgotten what all the load management in the regular season is for and still tries to get too cute with Kawhi's playing time. But it's pretty much impossible to come up with good rotations when you only have two good players (Kawhi and Siakam), and the Sixers' entire defense is now geared towards shutting down Siakam.

If anyone's to blame, it's Masai. Every move he's made since the Kawhi trade has been bad. Keeping Lowry was dumb, they needed to get rid of all the chokers, not just 2/3 of them. The Gasol trade was really bad in hindsight, especially in this series, since JV tends to play well against Embiid. Lin is a waste of a roster spot. Now Masai's plotting his exit strategy to the Wizards since the Raptors' future is looking like a mess.

DC23
05-02-2019, 11:01 PM
He is definitely leaving if the Raptors don't at least make the ECF. I'd think the probability of him leaving remains high if the Raptors lose in the ECF in 4 or 5 games too.

TDMVPDPOY
05-02-2019, 11:02 PM
masai shouldve also traded for conley in that gasol deal...

u are in win mode now, but u want to keep the players u develop who are nothing but scrubs?

apalisoc_9
05-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Raptors fans are blaming Nurse, but I'm not really sure what they're expecting him to do. Their bench has scored a total of 30 points in the series, Lowry is in playoff mode and Gasol is looking washed. The only thing you can really complain about is Kawhi's minutes. It's like he's forgotten what all the load management in the regular season is for and still tries to get too cute with Kawhi's playing time. But it's pretty much impossible to come up with good rotations when you only have two good players (Kawhi and Siakam), and the Sixers' entire defense is now geared towards shutting down Siakam.

If anyone's to blame, it's Masai. Every move he's made since the Kawhi trade has been bad. Keeping Lowry was dumb, they needed to get rid of all the chokers, not just 2/3 of them. The Gasol trade was really bad in hindsight, especially in this series, since JV tends to play well against Embiid. Lin is a waste of a roster spot. Now Masai's plotting his exit strategy to the Wizards since the Raptors' future is looking like a mess.

Nurse can stagger minutes. Maybe its not nurse fault but he's def not making the right adjustment.

Its hard to imagine Kawhi resigngin.

Raptors have 100 Million tied up to

Ibaka 22
Powell 10
Lowry 33
Vanfleet 9
Gasol 26

:lmao

Rusty
05-02-2019, 11:52 PM
masai shouldve also traded for conley in that gasol deal...

Memphis Grizzlies GM said no to the Lowry/Conley trade. Even he's smart enough to know Kyle Lowry is a bum:lol

Down Under
05-03-2019, 03:13 AM
This series is starting to make me think the Spurs are onto something by finally accepting that you aren't going deep into a playoff run if one of your main horses is a small point guard unless they're an historic shooter like Curry. Drafting big (point) guards, then hopefully this draft a long combo forward(s), should allow them to attack other teams from all directions & switch everything at the same time.

Raven
05-03-2019, 04:01 AM
this is far from over.

midnightpulp
05-03-2019, 06:32 AM
This series is starting to make me think the Spurs are onto something by finally accepting that you aren't going deep into a playoff run if one of your main horses is a small point guard unless they're an historic shooter like Curry. Drafting big (point) guards, then hopefully this draft a long combo forward(s), should allow them to attack other teams from all directions & switch everything at the same time.

Curry is still pretty tall at 6'3", as well. Combine that with his quick release (which developed as an undersized kid playing against bigger kids) and he's virtually unguardable. Just have to hope he chokes. But in general, you're right. A modern NBA team would ideally like to have 6'5" to 6'10" players at every position, who all can shoot and switch. I'll be a stick in the mud yet again and lament this as another sad thing about the "evolution" of the sport. Unique athletes like Shaq or Nate Robinson would be marginalized in today's game (Robinson probably never gets drafted). Shaq would still probably put up a nice PPG and RPG, but he would be a traffic cone on defense (Orlando Shaq fares better in this regard). Shaq is probably a 3ish RPM player in today's game.

LkrFan
05-03-2019, 01:46 PM

:lol

Mitch
05-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Sup humberto, u watching canelo beat up some black dude tomorrow?

LkrFan
05-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Sup humberto , u watching canelo beat up some black dude tomorrow?

....and you know this, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Kawhi's definitely going there, but we've known that for 2 years:lol

Clippers would need to add another real star, they don't have anybody on the roster with that type of potential..maybe SGA, but he won't get there for a few years, if he ever does..

If they get Kawhi, it'll be much different than this season where they were able to take advantage of teams that didn't respect them..they'll be taken seriously next year..

Rusty
05-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Lou Williams would be a great 2nd option next to Kawhi. I would like to see Jerry West get Bradley Beal in the future. Kawhi Leonard + Bradley Beal = league fucked :lol

apalisoc_9
05-03-2019, 10:10 PM
Lou Williams would be a great 2nd option next to Kawhi. I would like to see Jerry West get Bradley Beal in the future. Kawhi Leonard + Bradley Beal = league fucked :lol

Kawhis not going to the clippers with lou as his 2nd option in mind. That's career suicide.

But at least he doesn't have to worry about the Bench scoring 10pts in total in 3 games of a playoff series. :lol

Rusty
05-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Kawhis not going to the clippers with lou as his 2nd option in mind. That's career suicide.

But at least he doesn't have to worry about the Bench scoring 10pts in total in 3 games of a playoff series. :lol

breh.....did you watch the Clippers Warriors series? Lou Gatti was scoring all the points in 4th quarter in every Clippers win.

Rusty
05-03-2019, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmto__93PGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ21G29eAos
cmon man

Down Under
05-06-2019, 04:13 AM
Curry is still pretty tall at 6'3", as well. Combine that with his quick release (which developed as an undersized kid playing against bigger kids) and he's virtually unguardable. Just have to hope he chokes. But in general, you're right. A modern NBA team would ideally like to have 6'5" to 6'10" players at every position, who all can shoot and switch. I'll be a stick in the mud yet again and lament this as another sad thing about the "evolution" of the sport. Unique athletes like Shaq or Nate Robinson would be marginalized in today's game (Robinson probably never gets drafted). Shaq would still probably put up a nice PPG and RPG, but he would be a traffic cone on defense (Orlando Shaq fares better in this regard). Shaq is probably a 3ish RPM player in today's game.
My brother's been crapping on about every player being exactly that - 6'5" to 6'10" & switching/attacking everything for years funnily enough. Hopefully they do something with the 3 point line eventually - I think with Houston taking 60 in a game several times this season & Milwaukee & Brooklyn shooting close to that, people will start to get sick of it. The amount of times I see the ball come up the court with Houston & it's just passed to a guy 2 or 3 feet behind the 3 point line & they just jack it up, that's not basketball. It's impossible to guard that amount of space (close to 27-28 feet) with 5 players.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2019, 04:40 AM
a dominant big down low can still dominate games

yes there are bigs who can shoot the 3, but how efficient are they?

dominant bigs like snaq oatmeal, only needs to play zone defense and dominate on the offense...helps if he also improved his ft shooting...