PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who is maxing Khris Middleton next year?

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Been watching him play religiously the last couple of years and while he has one or two off games in the playoffs he's generally one of the very few guys in the league that improve in the playoffs. Obviously not Kawhi Leonard in that regard, but this year for example his on and off numbers is 2nd best in the East behind Kawhi.

Bucks offense is at 120 with him around and 105 off.

He was their best player in game 2 against the Celtics and you can argue he was responsible for the bucks run in game 3.

He's been their best performer so far in the playoffs when the game is tight. A lot of that probably has to do with Giannis limited offensive skillsets, but to be the better player in tight situations with Giannis on the floor is ridiculous.

He was also great last year.

In the regular season, he has tons of lazy stretches though. But hes outplayed Giannis in every tight game so far in the playoffs and last year too.

05-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Apparently the mavs are interested, I wouldn't give him a max though.. I think the bucks match regardless of the money tbh, they wanna keep Giannis happy until 2021

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Apparently the mavs are interested, I wouldn't give him a max though.. I think the bucks match regardless of the money tbh, they wanna keep Giannis happy until 2021

Hes going to get the max regardless. Him with the mavs is a weird fit though since he needs to ball to be effective. Playing with Giannis allows him to be the go to guy since giannis offensive skillsets is limited.

Luca is going to have the ball on his hands most times anyway...

He is a UFA though and its possible he dislikes the idea of playing with Giannis and not getting the credit for being a better playoff performer.

But Khris-Luca-Porzingiz should dramatically increase the mavs overall talent level. They can compete for a playoff spot

DC23
05-06-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm a big Kris Middleton fan but he is your second or maybe even third option. I think the Bucks will try to resign him but I expect a lot of teams to push. I personally wouldn't give him max.

spurraider21
05-06-2019, 02:08 PM
porzingis, doncic, middleton would be a nice 1-2-3 in dallas tbh

baseline bum
05-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Milwaukee

05-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Hes going to get the max regardless. Him with the mavs is a weird fit though since he needs to ball to be effective. Playing with Giannis allows him to be the go to guy since giannis offensive skillsets is limited.

He is a UFA though and its possible he dislikes the idea of playing with Giannis and not getting the credit for being a better playoff performer.

But Khris-Luca-Porzingiz should dramatically increase the mavs overall talent level. They can compete for a playoff spot

True, must've mixed him up with Brogdon tbh.

As far as I know he likes Milwaukee/giannis though so I see that as another reason for him to stay put

Robz4000
05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
He's staying with the Bucks, too great of a fit with Antetokounmpo to lose.

05-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Yeah I dont see a fit issue, the mavs need another perimeter playmaker to take pressure off of Luka and hes not a big usage guy so I think it would be fine, I just wouldn't give him the max tbh

Jules_Winnfield
05-06-2019, 02:50 PM
LeBron James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_474EuksKUsž

Killakobe81
05-06-2019, 02:52 PM

I agree with most of the posters here.
He is not a max player. but as someone already said, if it keeps Giannis happy ... I guess you must. P
I do think he is a great fit next to Luka especially better than the rumor Kemba Walker signing.
Got a latino buddy here at work in DFW who says Mavs need Kemba I told him a middleton type would be better and he is from Texas but he infatuated with Lemba just like CPR, dwill and dwert before that ...

Dallas has the same problem Lakers do one bonafide star but not much else ...
I think Mavs though should be patient Luka is young
Lakers are damn desperate its embarrassing, tbh

Killakobe81
05-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Porzy will be a poor man's embiid

he will show "unicorn flashes" but will never stay healthy when it matters and will be eating up a ton of cap space.

BD24
05-06-2019, 02:57 PM

he will show "unicorn flashes" but will never stay healthy when it matters and will be eating up a ton of cap space.
My thoughts on him as well. When healthy he will be great. I don’t think he will be able to stay healthy though. Someone his size already having all of these injury issues isn’t a good sign tbh

spurraider21
05-06-2019, 03:01 PM

KP and embiid have very different injury histories, i think its way too early to make that comparison.

Killakobe81
05-06-2019, 04:16 PM
KP and embiid have very different injury histories, i think its way too early to make that comparison.

I called it before he got hurt.
The history of bigs over 7 foot 2
Staying healthy is remarkably poor.
I don't think KP will buck that trend...

Feel free to bump if I am wrong